What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Joe Budden goes in on Jay Electronica.

123468

Replies

  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled fucks.

    You aint listening if you think jay elecs meaningless verses are even in the same ball park as buddens

    Words vs heart...heart wins everytime...u mad suspect in this thread
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

    #unfukwitable
    blackgod813IceBergTaylor
  • LurkdogAchillesLurkdogAchilles chillin like a villian WakandaPosts: 902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    There's another way of looking at the situation.

    I haven't been to any Roc Nation concerts, but maybe he's just an opening act for Jay Z.

    It makes perfect sense. Jay Z can book stadium tours but he needs an opening act. If Jay Electronica is signed to Roc Nation maybe thats what he signed up for, to be Jay Z's opening act.

    If Jay Electronica is Jay Z's opening act he's making more money touring than Joe Budden

    It could be something more like this...

    I can't remember if its a song or an interview
    But I heard JayZ talking once, it went something like this:

    "Right now there's some kid out there listening to JayZ, and he writing some shit. I mean he writing some nice shit, he gonna be the greatest. I'ma find him, and sign him, and never put his shit out"

    I'm paraphrasing, but the gist of what he was saying, was he would sign an artist that he saw as a threat to dethroning him, and shelf him, so that artist will never surpass him
    big-ass-clapping-in-booty-shorts.gif
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Why was he the topic?

    Because some fuckboy old nigga pete rock dissed him

    Because a hip hop site tweeted the anniversary of his signing to RN. At least get the shyt right, b.

    Why he commented why
    buttuh_b
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled fucks.

    You aint listening if you think jay elecs meaningless verses are even in the same ball park as buddens

    Words vs heart...heart wins everytime...u mad suspect in this thread

    He dont sound good rapping
    buttuh_b
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled fucks.

    You aint listening if you think jay elecs meaningless verses are even in the same ball park as buddens

    Words vs heart...heart wins everytime...u mad suspect in this thread

    He dont sound good rapping

    Jay elec? I know...lacks charisma
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

    #unfukwitable
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Why was he the topic?

    Because some fuckboy old nigga pete rock dissed him

    Because a hip hop site tweeted the anniversary of his signing to RN. At least get the shyt right, b.

    Why he commented why

    Nigga, iono. Same exact reason you comment on shyt.1
    Revolver Ocelot
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled fucks.

    You aint listening if you think jay elecs meaningless verses are even in the same ball park as buddens

    Words vs heart...heart wins everytime...u mad suspect in this thread

    He dont sound good rapping

    Jay elec? I know...lacks charisma

    No joe is not entertaining..
    buttuh_b
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I REALLY FEEL THIS CAT NEVER INTENDED TO DROP AN ACTUAL ALBUM. HE JUST USED RAP TO MAKE BREAD OFF OF FEATURES & SHOWS, AND FIND A WOMAN/MOM-FIGURE TO TAKE CARE OF HIS BUM ASS.

    FUCK THIS CLOWN :-1:
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    Revolver Ocelotblackgod813StoneColdMikeyBlackAX410
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    Finally watched this episode

    Budden was all wrong at 50:40 about Fresh Prince

    That was the series finale... Not the dad episode



    And nadeska & AK were actin like Joe was right n shit
     i ro nyThe Recipe
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I don't need an anniversary to celebrate anything. I listen to music as I please unlike 95% of this forum. That's why I appreciate the music Jay Electronica has given us and enjoy it unlike you other ungrateful entitled fucks.

    You aint listening if you think jay elecs meaningless verses are even in the same ball park as buddens

    Words vs heart...heart wins everytime...u mad suspect in this thread

    He dont sound good rapping

    Jay elec? I know...lacks charisma

    No joe is not entertaining..

    Lol thats funny
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

    #unfukwitable
  • hueyhuey Posts: 11,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nigga wanna know why that babysitter overhyped

    This is why.....
    huey wrote: »
    Yall mad like yall miss something u never had

    Jay elec is one of God mcs whether you like it or not


    FOH wit this bullshit. Nigga gotta put in work for that to happen.

    i disagree
    d[-_-]b





    Enoch VI-VII
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    Jay Elec has 6 songs on spotify

    Exhibit A
    Exhibit C
    Exhibit A (Clean)
    Exhibit C (Instrumental)
    Letter to Falon
    and a skit from a DJ Kenni Star mixtape

    Because he's signed to Roc Nation, streaming politics. Most of his shit would be on Tidal and even then a lot isn't copy-written, sample clearances, etc.. this is hip hop. Music is music.
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

    Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
  • freethewavefreethewave Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shit. Letter to Falon on Spotify now. Did Jay drop him?
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 26,991 Regulator
    5 Grand wrote: »
    There's another way of looking at the situation.

    I haven't been to any Roc Nation concerts, but maybe he's just an opening act for Jay Z.

    It makes perfect sense. Jay Z can book stadium tours but he needs an opening act. If Jay Electronica is signed to Roc Nation maybe thats what he signed up for, to be Jay Z's opening act.

    If Jay Electronica is Jay Z's opening act he's making more money touring than Joe Budden

    It could be something more like this...

    I can't remember if its a song or an interview
    But I heard JayZ talking once, it went something like this:

    "Right now there's some kid out there listening to JayZ, and he writing some shit. I mean he writing some nice shit, he gonna be the greatest. I'ma find him, and sign him, and never put his shit out"

    I'm paraphrasing, but the gist of what he was saying, was he would sign an artist that he saw as a threat to dethroning him, and shelf him, so that artist will never surpass him

    Nigga Jay Z said himself last year to Jay E publicly to put out the damn album. There was a thread here on it
    Mr.LVBender Rodriguez
  • Lurkristocrat Lurkristocrat Posts: 8,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re good with the pen and release one song every 5 years, there’s no reason the work shouldn’t be top notch.

    You just spent 5 years writing one song.

    Releasing bodies of work at a high quality in a short timespan is impressive, releasing a high quality track every 5 years.... not so much.

    But niggas call Andre 3000 a goat.......
    Revolver OcelotCashmoneyDuxblackgod813atribecalledgabi
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Elect and Andre 3000 are both my some of my favorites but they are not comparable. Andre has multiple classics idgaf if they aren’t solo. He’s one of the GOATs.
    genocidecutterLcnsdbyROYALTYCashmoneyDux
  • genocidecuttergenocidecutter Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give Jay 10 years and he'll craft a diss track that will destroy joe's career.
    Gives us back images in sigs
    Like Water
Sign In or Register to comment.