What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Suspect ask "For a lawyer, dawg." Court says the request is too ambiguous

2»

Replies

  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    While I agree that they probably knew what he meant, when your getting interrogated for rape, its no time to be using slang.

    In fact, I didn't understand this when I was younger and lost out on a lot of business opportunities, but a good rule of thumb is: never use slang when you're trying to explain something.

    Because you might think you explained it perfectly because you understand the slang that you used, but the person that you explained it to might not have understood what you were saying.

    Its better to use plain English. Even when you're in the hood with your homies, its best to use plain English. There's no ambiguity when you say, "I want a lawyer".


    Then that's where the shit stops. Fuck all that other shit.

    @mryounggun So you think it makes sense to use slang when you're trying to convey an important message?

    When did I say that? I'm saying that the man said they knew what he meant...then continue with a bunch of other shit that doesn't change the fact that they knew what he meant. Either they knew what he meant or they didn't. Any faux-justification beyond that is bullshit.

    Well my point stands. When you're trying to convey an important message, don't use slang.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    While I agree that they probably knew what he meant, when your getting interrogated for rape, its no time to be using slang.

    In fact, I didn't understand this when I was younger and lost out on a lot of business opportunities, but a good rule of thumb is: never use slang when you're trying to explain something.

    Because you might think you explained it perfectly because you understand the slang that you used, but the person that you explained it to might not have understood what you were saying.

    Its better to use plain English. Even when you're in the hood with your homies, its best to use plain English. There's no ambiguity when you say, "I want a lawyer".


    Then that's where the shit stops. Fuck all that other shit.

    @mryounggun So you think it makes sense to use slang when you're trying to convey an important message?

    When did I say that? I'm saying that the man said they knew what he meant...then continue with a bunch of other shit that doesn't change the fact that they knew what he meant. Either they knew what he meant or they didn't. Any faux-justification beyond that is bullshit.

    Well my point stands. When you're trying to convey an important message, don't use slang.

    You sound stupid.

    If he used slang during the so-called admission and it was acceptable as an admission, then if he uses slang asking for an appeal, it should also be acceptable.

    Stop trying to justify bullshit.
    KingFreemantexasdaking88
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    While I agree that they probably knew what he meant, when your getting interrogated for rape, its no time to be using slang.

    In fact, I didn't understand this when I was younger and lost out on a lot of business opportunities, but a good rule of thumb is: never use slang when you're trying to explain something.

    Because you might think you explained it perfectly because you understand the slang that you used, but the person that you explained it to might not have understood what you were saying.

    Its better to use plain English. Even when you're in the hood with your homies, its best to use plain English. There's no ambiguity when you say, "I want a lawyer".


    Then that's where the shit stops. Fuck all that other shit.

    @mryounggun So you think it makes sense to use slang when you're trying to convey an important message?

    When did I say that? I'm saying that the man said they knew what he meant...then continue with a bunch of other shit that doesn't change the fact that they knew what he meant. Either they knew what he meant or they didn't. Any faux-justification beyond that is bullshit.

    Well my point stands. When you're trying to convey an important message, don't use slang.

    You sound stupid.

    If he used slang during the so-called admission and it was acceptable as an admission, then if he uses slang asking for an appeal, it should also be acceptable.

    Stop trying to justify bullshit.

    So in this particular case, would he have been better off speaking proper English or using slang?
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






    texasdaking88
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    While I agree that they probably knew what he meant, when your getting interrogated for rape, its no time to be using slang.

    In fact, I didn't understand this when I was younger and lost out on a lot of business opportunities, but a good rule of thumb is: never use slang when you're trying to explain something.

    Because you might think you explained it perfectly because you understand the slang that you used, but the person that you explained it to might not have understood what you were saying.

    Its better to use plain English. Even when you're in the hood with your homies, its best to use plain English. There's no ambiguity when you say, "I want a lawyer".


    Then that's where the shit stops. Fuck all that other shit.

    @mryounggun So you think it makes sense to use slang when you're trying to convey an important message?

    When did I say that? I'm saying that the man said they knew what he meant...then continue with a bunch of other shit that doesn't change the fact that they knew what he meant. Either they knew what he meant or they didn't. Any faux-justification beyond that is bullshit.

    Well my point stands. When you're trying to convey an important message, don't use slang.

    You sound stupid.

    If he used slang during the so-called admission and it was acceptable as an admission, then if he uses slang asking for an appeal, it should also be acceptable.

    Stop trying to justify bullshit.

    So in this particular case, would he have been better off speaking proper English or using slang?

    Neither - because slang is not the real issue, which is evident to the people you're arguing against.
    Broddietexasdaking88
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, 5 grand has a point. It's not necessarily accurate, but people judge you based on how you speak. It doesn't matter what kind of slang it is, whether it's hillbilly or prison, people will stereotype you based on that. When dealing with any form of government, it's always best to use formal English to avoid any negative stereotyping that may work against you.

    It's not right but people instinctually make these assumptions.
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is that in this scenario when he implicated himself he was also using slang and that did not stop them from pursuing charges. They understood the context of the slang quite clearly then. So acting like they didn't get it when he was exercising his right to an attorney is pretty fucking bogus.
    2604vgo.jpg

    R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    texasdaking887figz
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop the bullshit!

    When you're being interrogated for child rape thats no time to use slang!

    If you're on the corner with your homies thats when you can use slang, in an interrogation room with a detective accusing you of molesting children is the time to pronounce every word clearly with perfect diction, grammar and syntax!

    If you can't comprehend that you are a complete moron!
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif






    texasdaking88
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Woodz of Inglez Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Hate the railroading but before I climb this hill, I need more details about his case. Not gon fight the good fight for a child rapist

    One thing has nothing to do with the other.

    True. But sometimes you have to pick your battles. Don’t wanna fight this one.
    Quick wit the hands... Readdyyyyyy
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 31,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not everyone is educated to know or grasp what some may call proper english.

    background needs to be taken into consideration with how he speaks.
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

    I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio


2»
Sign In or Register to comment.