What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

November 14, 2000 - Prodigy - H.N.I.C.

Matike85Matike85 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 14 in The Reason
RIP Prodigy... One of the best debut album in Hip Hop history....Thoughts?

vy4ko2k07sue.png

Tagged:
buttuh_bonetoughmiraclealaddin1978tompetrez3Like WaterKnowReasonForPeacea_listachewon87playboy buddy roseblackgod813270crownst

Replies

• pachá12pachá12 Don't skip Leg Day!!! 502Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid album. Didn't really age well, but I played it heavy when it first came out, especially Three...

onetoughmiraclealaddin1978blakfyahking
  • stackmaster 313stackmaster 313 DetroitPosts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's a classic timeless album felt like i was in queens listening to this shit. Can't believe Havoc wouldn't support this album. Hard to believe it was 17 year's ago today.
    aladdin1978
  • aladdin1978aladdin1978 Poo Poo Jenkins- pronounced Pow POW West coastin'Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember I downloaded this off Napster.. Napster was still kinda new but I had downloaded like 30 different songs off the album but all weren't officially on the album
    CTtJgKpXIAAPxX5.jpg
  • KneeGro_DuperManKneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's a classic timeless album felt like i was in queens listening to this shit. Can't believe Havoc wouldn't support this album. Hard to believe it was 17 year's ago today.

Elaborate

onetoughmiracleblackgod813
  • Like WaterLike Water Integrity 1st Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Solid album. Didn't really age well, but I played it heavy when it first came out, especially Three...

Disagree. Been listening to it since he passed and I felt like it aged very well. Love this album.
    The jungle creed says the strongest feed on any prey that it can
    And I was branded beast at every feast before I ever became a man...
    Matike85onetoughmiracle270crownst
  • pachá12pachá12 Don't skip Leg Day!!! 502Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dig it. I haven't listened to it in a while except for a few songs. I'll have to give it a spin...
  • onetoughmiracleonetoughmiracle NY Giants Fan...Always Keep the Strap On You! Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14
    I still want a Queensbridge tournament jersey.
    A0erZ.gif [img][/img]9lVQhz.gif

tumblr_mr93dlX9Ud1rqh2k2o1_250.gif [img][/img]FWadAu.gif

tumblr_lxw7usrzQl1rns9m8o1_500.gif

giants-helmet.jpg

"I was told a long time ago, ghosts and spirits don't like the fumes from ether, and I just wanted to affect him with my weapon and get to his soul."

I feel it's the only way. I don't feel a need to play the whole part in the entire movement. But, yo, if you just raise your family right, if I just live righteously, I be all right. Yo, my whole life is dedicated to change.
    pachá12THE_R_
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid, damn near classic imo......RIP Rapper P
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
    onetoughmiracleTHE_R_Matike85
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COPPED DAY 1. SHIT DEFINITELY LEFT A MARK MUSICALLY AS FAR AS "THE SOUNDTRACK" TO MY H.S. YEARS.

THE CREW USED TO JAM TO THREE NON STOP...
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    onetoughmiracle
  • x the unknownx the unknown Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    classic album
    my top five
    1. nas
    2. styles p
    3. scarface
    4. skillz
    5. lloyd banks
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is that nigga
    *~queenbee~*
  • onetoughmiracleonetoughmiracle NY Giants Fan...Always Keep the Strap On You! Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Elaborate

According to Prodigy's book, it wasn't that Havoc didn't want to support the album (shit he produced Wanna be thugs and Delt with the Bullshit). He thought that if P came out with the album, he thought that the fans would think that Mobb Deep were breaking up. Especially since Murda Muzik was doing so well.

Also, not a lot of people know that Quiet Storm was supposed to be on the HNIC album. The single did so well, the label wanted it to go on Murda Muzik.

giants-helmet.jpg

"I was told a long time ago, ghosts and spirits don't like the fumes from ether, and I just wanted to affect him with my weapon and get to his soul."

I feel it's the only way. I don't feel a need to play the whole part in the entire movement. But, yo, if you just raise your family right, if I just live righteously, I be all right. Yo, my whole life is dedicated to change.
    THE_R_achewon87

Elaborate

According to Prodigy's book, it wasn't that Havoc didn't want to support the album (shit he produced Wanna be thugs and Delt with the Bullshit). He thought that if P came out with the album, he thought that the fans would think that Mobb Deep were breaking up. Especially since Murda Muzik was doing so well.

Also, not a lot of people know that Quiet Storm was supposed to be on the HNIC album. The single did so well, the label wanted it to go on Murda Muzik.

FACTS

THIS IS WHY HAVOC DIDN'T HAVE A VERSE ON THE ORIGINAL.
    achewon87onetoughmiracle
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    Can't Complain is one of the best songs to ride to. Especially in the summer. What U Rep has one of the best beats from Benzino and his goons. Straight sinister shit. Up there with their Stillmatic intro beat in terms of pure audio crack.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    onetoughmiracleTHE_R_
    edited November 15
    Broddie wrote: »
    "Son I'm on a binge high/eating chicken wings and french fries"

Actually it's Son I'm on a bench high eatin chicken wings and french fries

I swear that's one of my favorite Cormega verses.

giants-helmet.jpg

BroddieMatike85pachá12THE_R_
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 10,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol 17 years and I've never heard bench. That verse is definitely cold as fuck though.
    2604vgo.jpg

R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    onetoughmiraclepachá12270crownstTHE_R_
  • 270crownst270crownst Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic album! The production was amazing on this album!
    Matike85onetoughmiracle

Lol 17 years and I've never heard bench. That verse is definitely cold as fuck though.

CORMEGA HAS A MEAN LISP...
    SO ITS FORGIVABLE LOL
    x the unknown*~queenbee~*