What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Ma$e - The Oracle (Cam’ron Diss), Cam'ron responds with Dinner Time

Replies

• Go figureGo figure the GoPosts: 4,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunit revolutionized the mixtape game! Gunit had a way better run then dipset. I ain't seen niggas wearing dipset shirts n sneakers everywhere. Dipset was mostly a heavy NY movement, Gunit shit seemed worldwide

I respect all that g unit shit thats why i said personally, so not mad at anyone that disagrees.

But just like i was a huge eminem fan at the time, most of his shit aged horribly. Thats how i feel about a lot of g units material.

They all fell off right after their first album except 50. I cant even count game as g unit bc that went to shit quick. Shout out to the ghost unit mixtapes n g-unot shit tho. Classics.

Banks changed his whole fuckin voice after his album debut n he was my fav. Went to soundin like he got shanked in his rib n it got stuck there or somethin.

Dont get me started on tony yayo. I know a couple ppl that bought into the hype n copped his album. U just cant trust ppl like that ya know?

Dont think anybody would be hype for a g unit tour these days.
    iwslmt.jpg
    joeyfkncrakk
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,810 Regulator
    RickyRich wrote: »

Ma$e fed up never seen him so serious
    ethos
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    I fucked w some of that southern shit though. TI, Jeezy, Luda and krit probably my favorite artist after k.dot n j.cole right now. But I get what u saying, alot of that other shit be super dumbed down musik

J Cole is from the South. That's the problem Y'all think South = GA. Y'all mean you don't like rapping Georgians under 30...but you say South. Pusha T, Malice, Pharell/Neptunes, Timbaland, Missy, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, and Skillz are some of the rappers/R&B artist from VA alone.

Those are all dope artist. Why aren’t they in the forefront? Y’all rather push 21 savage and migos than the dope artist y’all have. See this is the issue I have with the south. It’s like you know you love stupid ignorant shit but then like to hide behind artist who you think are “smart and conscious.”

Y’all niggas tried to paint Kevin Gates as smart and that nigga wild retarded. Posting up inspirational quotes and have the nerve to post his picture. That’s the nigga y’all look up to?

As much as I think 3K is overrated, I wish artist from the south like him was leading the charge. Shit even Wayne. There’s no denying that the south runs the radio airwaves for hip hop. And y’all choose to play the dumb shit.

Whats with the hate for gates he does vodoo he's lyrical an real to himself..an this maybe childish but you would not say anything to his face..so opinionated
    THIRDSUPREME
  • gemini86gemini86 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fucked w some of that southern shit though. TI, Jeezy, Luda and krit probably my favorite artist after k.dot n j.cole right now. But I get what u saying, alot of that other shit be super dumbed down musik

J Cole is from the South. That's the problem Y'all think South = GA. Y'all mean you don't like rapping Georgians under 30...but you say South. Pusha T, Malice, Pharell/Neptunes, Timbaland, Missy, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, and Skillz are some of the rappers/R&B artist from VA alone.

Those are all dope artist. Why aren’t they in the forefront? Y’all rather push 21 savage and migos than the dope artist y’all have. See this is the issue I have with the south. It’s like you know you love stupid ignorant shit but then like to hide behind artist who you think are “smart and conscious.”

Y’all niggas tried to paint Kevin Gates as smart and that nigga wild retarded. Posting up inspirational quotes and have the nerve to post his picture. That’s the nigga y’all look up to?

As much as I think 3K is overrated, I wish artist from the south like him was leading the charge. Shit even Wayne. There’s no denying that the south runs the radio airwaves for hip hop. And y’all choose to play the dumb shit.

Whats with the hate for gates he does vodoo he's lyrical an real to himself..an this maybe childish but you would not say anything to his face..so opinionated

Yes the fuck I would. I wouldn’t be disrespectful and walk up to him and call him trash or retarded. But if having a discussion on his music, I would say to him or in front of him.

blackgod813
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 13,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    South niggas love cam because his lyrics are easy to understand. That looney booney ratatouille shit be having them jamming. They don’t like using their brain.

Look at TI. That nigga used to rap country as hell and was on the top of the game. Then he starting using what they feel as big words so he fell off to them.

They would argue all day that nas, 50 and jay is wack but then turn around and say Gucci and future are legends. It’s true man

Go back to previous threads and look at how south niggas judge rap beefs.

“So and so is more popular so they won.”

I know we have some smart southern brothers on here that think differently but they are a minority.

I still don't understand how Gucci mane is a successful rapper

I agree, but I understand exactly why. Akademiks was crossing lines n shyt by speakin on it but what he said was true. A huge chunk of my generation n below of Southerners are dumb as fuck!!

Idk if I feel comfortable labeling a whole group of people dumb, especially based on geography.
    I just think the nigga make wack music lol

Again, I never said the entire region. I said a lot and much of. Especially when it comes to this particular topic.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTYLcnsdbyROYALTY King of Myself Posts: 13,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a nigga that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real niggaz do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

The money wouldn’t be coming out of Cams pocket. The label would’ve paid for it. Similar to the DJ Envy Noreaga story

Smh. Yall niggaz gotta learn the music business if you gonna be talkin like that.

When you have a deal the label opens up a budget for you to create your Album. Everything you do there's a budget associated with it. What people fail to realize is that your budget is recoupable.. Meaning whatever was spent comes out of the money they pay you quarterly or biannually. So yes the label pays up-front but Cam pays on the backend if his project is profitable. And he owes dough if it isn't.

History shows us he wasn't profitable Cuz he had to strong arm the label to get out of his deal and join the Roc.. Bit I digress..

Mase was wrong simple.

Wrong about what? Mase was talkin bout Sony Red (fka Relativity) in that song, not when Cam was signed to Epic.
  • EmM HoLLa.EmM HoLLa. Rolex Watches & Diamond Chains.. Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a nigga that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real niggaz do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

The money wouldn’t be coming out of Cams pocket. The label would’ve paid for it. Similar to the DJ Envy Noreaga story

Smh. Yall niggaz gotta learn the music business if you gonna be talkin like that.

When you have a deal the label opens up a budget for you to create your Album. Everything you do there's a budget associated with it. What people fail to realize is that your budget is recoupable.. Meaning whatever was spent comes out of the money they pay you quarterly or biannually. So yes the label pays up-front but Cam pays on the backend if his project is profitable. And he owes dough if it isn't.

History shows us he wasn't profitable Cuz he had to strong arm the label to get out of his deal and join the Roc.. Bit I digress..

Mase was wrong simple.

Wrong about what? Mase was talkin bout Sony Red (fka Relativity) in that song, not when Cam was signed to Epic.

The video he was referring to when all this started is the Horse and Carriage Video. Mase wanted to charge Cam to do it. So in the video instead of having Mase they had a body double. And I'm not talking about the song I'm talkin about the interview Mase did with Angie.
    When the ice hit the light it be going off.. I'm livin' life I aint showin' off.. -Don Q
  • Revolver OcelotRevolver Ocelot Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruh, who is y'all? NY radio doesn't play 21 Savage and Migos? And like I said all 4 of them are Georgians under 30. Who are the 21 Savages/Migos/Yachty's of VA? Of North Carolina? Of D.C.?

The real problem is you got too old for the music. And I'm not knocking you for it because I did too. But people like a 42 year old 3 Stacks aren't gonna lead the charge.

NY rap failed imo because y'all didn't successfully pass the baton to the new generation. That's why Jay, Fab/Jada, Cam/Mase are getting more attention than anyone else from NY right now, and they're all over 40. Who's in the forefront for NY? Cardi and Nicki?

See you're reading comprehension skills are failing you again.

He didn't say 3K, he said an artist LIKE 3K.
    tumblr_obni9ewfq01ui45hlo1_400.gif
    gemini86
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7

Bruh, who is y'all? NY radio doesn't play 21 Savage and Migos? And like I said all 4 of them are Georgians under 30. Who are the 21 Savages/Migos/Yachty's of VA? Of North Carolina? Of D.C.?

The real problem is you got too old for the music. And I'm not knocking you for it because I did too. But people like a 42 year old 3 Stacks aren't gonna lead the charge.

NY rap failed imo because y'all didn't successfully pass the baton to the new generation. That's why Jay, Fab/Jada, Cam/Mase are getting more attention than anyone else from NY right now, and they're all over 40. Who's in the forefront for NY? Cardi and Nicki?

Ok, well I said "like" too then. Go sit somewhere with that dumb shit, haha
    Matike85Revolver OcelotSoloman_The_Wise
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go figure wrote: »
    Gunit revolutionized the mixtape game! Gunit had a way better run then dipset. I ain't seen niggas wearing dipset shirts n sneakers everywhere. Dipset was mostly a heavy NY movement, Gunit shit seemed worldwide

I respect all that g unit shit thats why i said personally, so not mad at anyone that disagrees.

But just like i was a huge eminem fan at the time, most of his shit aged horribly. Thats how i feel about a lot of g units material.

They all fell off right after their first album except 50. I cant even count game as g unit bc that went to shit quick. Shout out to the ghost unit mixtapes n g-unot shit tho. Classics.

Banks changed his whole fuckin voice after his album debut n he was my fav. Went to soundin like he got shanked in his rib n it got stuck there or somethin.

Dont get me started on tony yayo. I know a couple ppl that bought into the hype n copped his album. U just cant trust ppl like that ya know?

Dont think anybody would be hype for a g unit tour these days.

How can u not count game as Gunit, after 50 he dropped the best album on that whole label. Some people even prefer the documentary to 50 album. Dipset fell off too. I would attend a gunit tour over a dipset tour anyday. Yayo was the weak link, but even he put out some bangers.
    But I understand, everyone has their preferences maen. I never got into dipset like that. Besides Cam I thought them niggas weren't very good rappers, juelz had a moment. Also, the whole NY gang shit was off putting to me. Bunch of grown ass men wearing red n looking like they wanna be from California.
    THIRDSUPREMEMr 202
  • Tommy bilfigerTommy bilfiger Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7
    Why is this thread still goin man?
    RickyRichMr 202
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff wouldnt commit to Mase working with his son lmao shit the lil nigga is a MAse carbon copy
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

• 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

The video he was referring to when all this started is the Horse and Carriage Video. Mase wanted to charge Cam to do it. So in the video instead of having Mase they had a body double. And I'm not talking about the song I'm talkin about the interview Mase did with Angie.

What a lot of people don't understand is THAT"S HOW IT WORKS

If two people are homies and they know each other from elementary school then rapper A charges rapper B $60,000 to be in his video, then rapper B charges rapper A $60,000 to be in his video. They both get checks for $60,000 and everybody wins.

Cam didn't understand thats how it works.

l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

Matike85Mr 202Louis Devinear

then why would you mention his age specifically? dont be stupid. try to have a good discussion without deflecting and trying to get the last laugh

Matike85Revolver Ocelot
    jim jones interview o Breakfast Club. Cthagod still being biased against Mase

Matike85
  • RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jim jones interview o Breakfast Club. Cthagod still being biased against Mase

we get it and its already been covered that he has issues wit mase .
    The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
    2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
    2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

Matike85LcnsdbyROYALTYCottonCitySlim
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

who are u to tell the south what to like or push?..yall booed outkast now wanna turn around and big up dre now... think ,about all the southern artist who got no shine in the 90s and 2000s that yall gave no fucks about who made better music than what we hear today? maybe the rap gods are punishing u for that lol. its crazy cuz the south been liking the bass heavy hook heavy non lyrical shit but the narrative is oh look at the good ole days even tho we talked shit about yall then we wish yall made music like that cuz now its trash naw .... lol
    buttuh_bI Self Lord & Master
    aneed123 wrote: »

who are u to tell the south what to like or push?..yall booed outkast now wanna turn around and big up dre now... think ,about all the southern artist who got no shine in the 90s and 2000s that yall gave no fucks about who made better music than what we hear today? maybe the rap gods are punishing u for that lol. its crazy cuz the south been liking the bass heavy hook heavy non lyrical shit but the narrative is oh look at the good ole days even tho we talked shit about yall then we wish yall made music like that cuz now its trash naw .... lol

i respect it. look all im saying is it would be good if rap lyrics meant something all across the board or at least the majority of it. shit is really looking kids boppish. its good to have a good time but if that shit dont change, 10 years from now its gonna be a complete joke. im speaking for me, hearing a song with just adlibs and bass is just retarded. and its an insult to my intelligence and i would like to think it is for our people as a whole. yea the gangsta rap shit is ignorant as well and that should be the extent of it. because its real shit and they putting their life and soul into the music. can we agree on that?

MaywoodilledoutSoloman_The_Wise

then why would you mention his age specifically? dont be stupid. try to have a good discussion without deflecting and trying to get the last laugh

Because that still is my point, if you'd read. He's old. The sound of new ATL artist isn't 3 Stacks sound. So whoever nigga. 3000, Big Boi, Dungeon Family, Arrested Development isn't the style you're going to hear out of young Atlanta artists.

Get off this crybaby, finger ponting bullshit. You're from one of the biggest cities in the world, with some of the biggest record labels, and biggest radio stations. Stop acting like the South is bullying NY into music. NY niggas fuck with popular Southern rap, and contribute to it's popularity too.

When you hear Migos, Future, or Lil whoever on the radio stop blaming the South for it.
    aneed123
    aneed123 wrote: »

i respect it. look all im saying is it would be good if rap lyrics meant something all across the board or at least the majority of it. shit is really looking kids boppish. its good to have a good time but if that shit dont change, 10 years from now its gonna be a complete joke. im speaking for me, hearing a song with just adlibs and bass is just retarded. and its an insult to my intelligence and i would like to think it is for our people as a whole. yea the gangsta rap shit is ignorant as well and that should be the extent of it. because its real shit and they putting their life and soul into the music. can we agree on that?

I can respect this post because of the bolded. You can't speak for all of NY, and you can't speak for the whole south. I agree with your opinion on the music. I just don't agree with saying the whole south likes it, and the South is the only reason it gets play.
  • EmM HoLLa.EmM HoLLa. Rolex Watches & Diamond Chains.. Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

What a lot of people don't understand is THAT"S HOW IT WORKS

If two people are homies and they know each other from elementary school then rapper A charges rapper B $60,000 to be in his video, then rapper B charges rapper A $60,000 to be in his video. They both get checks for $60,000 and everybody wins.

Cam didn't understand thats how it works.

The issue is.. Mase let the business stop him from doing the video.. That is what everyone is missing.. Handle the business on the backend but that shouldn't fuck with the relationship.

T-Pain was on the breakfast club saying that he and his people are suing cash money for some stuff he did.. But at the same time he said if Baby or Wayne called him to work he would go do the work. The business doesn't preclude the personal relationship..

This isn't that hard to understand.
    When the ice hit the light it be going off.. I'm livin' life I aint showin' off.. -Don Q
    I Self Lord & MasterSoloman_The_WiseChi Snow