What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

According to Dr. Umar, the black church as a collective takes in $14 Million dollars every Sunday...

Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving creamSeattlePosts: 50,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
What are your thoughts on this snapple fact and how do you think these funds can be better used if that s a possibility?
As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

HafBayked

Replies

• jetlifebihjetlifebih Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i believe the number is lower than that

Although Multiple plates passed around multiple services....

Think about some of these mega churches in atl and ca

But not 14ms, maybe 4 mill a Sunday, however the funds could definitely be allocated in a better way....
  • sunlordsunlord Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
    It could be true however I am willing to bet that the vast majority of the money is being collected by the very big shows I mean churches AND the rest of the churches are struggling
    LcnsdbyROYALTYonetoughmiracleHarlemThumzUp
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 50,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    14? Million? That's IT??

With ALL the black churches in America (literally thousands, if not tens of thousands), I know they take in more than that.

And you'd think with all that fuckin money, a REAL difference would be mad in communities. I guess BMWs for the pulpit and Golden choir robes is of more importance.

so where do you think that guap can be better used
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

• Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    14? Million? That's IT??

With ALL the black churches in America (literally thousands, if not tens of thousands), I know they take in more than that.

And you'd think with all that fuckin money, a REAL difference would be mad in communities. I guess BMWs for the pulpit and Golden choir robes is of more importance.

so where do you think that guap can be better used
    1) More outreach to the people locally. Possibly using it to open for more hours after school for tutoring or after-care. (Some do, I'm, aware, but not nearly enough.)

2) Use that money to assist at least one family per week that is having a rough time by paying a bill that seemingly is holding them down.

3) Go read the complaints about all those fuckin megachurches during the Harvey relief efforts. That's your real answer....
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
    onetoughmiracle
  • AggieLean.AggieLean. Country ass nigga.Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jetlifebih wrote: »

But not 14ms, maybe 4 mill a Sunday, however the funds could definitely be allocated in a better way....

But do we know how the funds are being allocated to even claim they can be used better?

I go to a small church. My pastor preaches on Sunday, and works a manufacturing job M-F’s, so he’s not “balling” like many on the outside would believe. I also pay tithes knowing some of it is going to the pastor & his wife. That’s fine, as I feel he deserves that but I also see my tithes being used to help out my community.

It’s the mega churches that make up the majority of that supposed money, and what they do with it; well we know it ain’t all good. I can’t even front, as I see those pastors in mansions, jets, etc.
    bge680.jpg
    znat04.jpg
    deadeye
  • ShuffingtonShuffington Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Where is that school? 10 years in the making, cuh.

Ahh sh*t....

Here we go...

CincoMECCA1000miamivice305
  • pachá12pachá12 Don't skip Leg Day!!! SmoketownPosts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems right, gotta give tithes to someone...

• atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 14,027 Regulator
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »

But do we know how the funds are being allocated to even claim they can be used better?

I go to a small church. My pastor preaches on Sunday, and works a manufacturing job M-F’s, so he’s not “balling” like many on the outside would believe. I also pay tithes knowing some of it is going to the pastor & his wife. That’s fine, as I feel he deserves that but I also see my tithes being used to help out my community.

It’s the mega churches that make up the majority of that supposed money, and what they do with it; well we know it ain’t all good. I can’t even front, as I see those pastors in mansions, jets, etc.

Was gonna say the bolded....I haven't stepped foot in a church in about a decade so I wouldn't even know
  • Max.Max. Posts: 32,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happen to that school

Ow wait hez a fraud
    onetoughmiracleShuffington
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what? Millions of black people go to church every Sunday. That ain't as much as he's making it seem, and much of the money goes back into the community.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    does he need to show his credentials first?
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

onetoughmiracle
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Where is that school? 10 years in the making, cuh.

I stopped checking for Umar when he got called out on this and responded by calling people haters. He spit wisdom though.
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
    dnyce215PureYangblackrainAjackson17
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 32,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we need to ask the pastors where the money.

big houses and benzs but people gotta beg and plea for help with rent and food.
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

dnyce215Los216
  • 7figz7figz Still don’t nothing move but the money Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or don't go to the church. If MFs know the church rippin em off, why fuckin go ?

Or if you ain't the one going to church, why give a fuck ?
    Revolver Ocelot808HiLife808
  • HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Churches not sharing their loot and wealth with the community you say? Say it it ain't so lol.

That shits older than Marten Luther and I'm not talking about Luther jr lol
    onetoughmiracle
    Churches not sharing their loot and wealth with the community you say? Say it it ain't so lol.

how you people doing over by that volcano?

• HundredEyes HundredEyes Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

how you people doing over by that volcano?

We're not far from there but sans a lot of rain and thunder we've been cool...some fam is staying out our place, some friends already saw that shit coming months ago and left to Jakarta or Singapore...others stayed on Bali with no fucks given lol....
  • babelipsssbabelipsss Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    I don't think the purpose of tithing is for community works. It would be nice but isn't the idea supposed to be giving the money up to heaven or something along those lines? The poor gets alms but the church doesn't solicit that. The church doesn't have to pay taxes and has no accountability for funds legally or morally. Checkmate to the church.

i wonder if it would be as many pastors and churches as it is if they were mandated to help people and keep count of where the money goes.

onetoughmiracleMECCA1000