What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

News Anchor Calls Out Viewer for Calling Her The N-Word

RickyRichRickyRich Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 6 in For The Grown & Sexy

A nightly news program in Atlanta closed out coverage of the city's mayoral vote on Tuesday night, December 5, by addressing questions as to whether race wound up becoming an issue in the election. And with the support of her colleagues, one anchor was given the floor to reveal how a letter from a hateful viewer exemplifies how she has personally been forced to deal with racism throughout the hotly contested race.

Shortly after the inquiry was brought up for discussion, Emmy nominated newswoman Sharon Reed turned to a camera off to the side of the CBS 46 studio and called for an email she has been holding onto to be brought to the screen for viewers. "You what's wrong with the world. You need to be fired for the race baiting comment you made tonight. It's OK for blacks to discuss certain subjects but not whites, really? You are what I call a N****r not a black person," the message, from a woman who identified herself as Kathy Rae, read.

Emotions around Atlanta were on high for many, as Democratic candidate Keisha Lance Bottoms was well on her way to carrying forth the streak of African-Americans who've filled the office since 1973. Reed started off her on-air response by objecting to the notion that the statements Rae took exception to and characterized as "race baiting" were at all intended to shut white people down. "Quite the contrary, we think that race is an authentic discussion to have. It's one we're having tonight because it's one that you are talking about at home and it's one that has clearly entered the Atlanta mayor's race," she said.

After clearing her name, Reed then narrowed the focus of her reply onto Rae, specifically - although, she was sure to point out that Rae's message did all of the talking for her, as it concerned the topic of racial tensions surrounding the divisive political atmosphere.

"When arguing with somebody you have to be careful not to mischaracterize their viewpoint, so I won't mischaracterize your view either, Kathy Rae. I get it. On 5 December 2017, you think it's OK to call this journalist a 'n****r'. I don't," said Reed. "I could clap back and say a few things to you. But instead I'll let your words, Kathy Rae, speak for themselves. And that will be the last word."
The Real 2013 Reason Thread Creator of The Year!
2014 Reason Thread Creator of The Year !
2015 Reason Thread Creator of The year!

313 wayzthegreatunknownSplackavelliYoung StefT. Sanforddnyce215KoltrainMallyG

Replies

• MaywoodMaywood Never Told On NobodyPosts: 2,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cacs being Cacs...Whats new ?
    Say No More
    UndefeatableSo ILL  Colin$mackabi$hCashmoneyDux
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,570 Regulator
    Copper wrote: »
    SharonReed3.jpg?zoom=4&resize=330%2C160

SharonReed1.jpg?zoom=4&resize=330%2C163

No titty shot?
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    Maywood
  • Ghost313Ghost313 Mistah Don't Play Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme get her and the traffic woman in Dallas, and I'm straight.
    MaywoodAggieLean.onetoughmiracle
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    u could tell at the beginning of the vid she was thinking "I didn't even need to give u the rope to hang urself"
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
    Young Stefdnyce215
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 6
    I can do w/o the 10 pound wig. But, eh. Thats jus me.

lmao at the way she said nigger. That was funny lol lol lol.
    MaywoodBroddieCashmoneyDuxJusDre313
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SharonReed3.jpg?zoom=4&resize=330%2C160

SharonReed1.jpg?zoom=4&resize=330%2C163

30 goats to whoever finds the video of this.
    marc123Ghost313Young Stef
  • Ghost313Ghost313 Mistah Don't Play Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    This the same girl they said Lebron knocked up on the low that one time.

Lebron
    Aaron mckie
    Robert deniro

Damn, My nigga Aaron Mckie from the way back! Not mad at em for shootin the club up.
  • ReppinTimeReppinTime Emperor Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol they tried to keep skipping it and she wouldnt let em
    atribecalledgabidontdiedontkillanyonJonnyRoccIT
  • deadeyedeadeye Walmart Warrior Kat's buttPosts: 22,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7
    She's fine, but she caught feelings and explained herself to a troll.

Basically giving the troll exactly what they wanted.
    deadeye
    So, you're mad because I quoted a post.....that included a scantily clad pic of you......that you sent to another man.....while both of you are supposed to be in committed relationships with other people?

Hilarious.
    June 12 Delete

MsSouthern
    just messy ...smh
    June 12

deadeye
    You can call me messy, but you can't say I was lying about anything I said.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    gtfoff my page and mind your fucking business old man.

Oh wait, you have no business which is why you stalk various females on the internet tryibg to interject yourself into their business.

Fuck off.
    June 12

deadeye
    Most of your business is public knowledge Kathryn.

You should learn to exercise more discretion.

You're too old to continuously find yourself in compromising situations.

I'm extremely disappointed in your behavior and expect much better of you in the future.

With compassion, concern, sincerity, and due diligence.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    I hope you die of old age tonight.
    June 12

deadeye
    That's a horrible thing to say.

I'm sorry you feel that way Kathryn.

However, I've never heard of anyone dying of old age at 43.

My words must've really hit home for you to want me to die tonight.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Instead of wishing me death, your time would be better served reflecting on your past transgressions and thinking about what steps you can take to improve yourself.
    June 12 Delete

Dirty Sanchez
    kat caught feelings
    June 12

deadeye
    Indeed she did.

Definitely not your usual white woman.
    June 12 Delete

MzGrahamBitches
    Titanagraphs but I caught feelings..ok.

Type me another one pops.
    June 12

deadeye
    You wished death upon me Kathryn.

Solely because I quoted a post which featured you in a bathrobe with your privates partially exposed.

A pic that would have never been publicly accessible had it not been for your carelessness and bad judgement.

Essentially, you want me to die for your mistakes.

Smarten up Kathryn.

If anyone caught feelings it's you.

This is just entertainment for me.
    June 12 Delete

0idvkbvn43de.jpg

@deadeye nah mate, fuck off, I literally hate seeing your name in my notifications because I know it's your FUCKING LIST. I'm tired of being @'d to some thread because of your shitty list, makes me just want to punch you in your fat fucking face.

You're a digrace to creepset and 'mature' black men the world over.

Fuck your entire existence.

You are a plain idiot. Since you cannot give birth nor have a proper sense of enduring and suffering you cannot understand my post.

@Westie has put her life on the line several times to give life. I wish I had an ounce of that courage, endurance and resiliance.

Peace
    Young Stef
  • KoltrainKoltrain Mr. MOPosts: 4,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She used to be on in St. Louis too...she fine as hell
  • MallyGMallyG I Take Myself Out on Dates Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13
    Broddie wrote: »
    This the same girl they said Lebron knocked up on the low that one time.

I was coming into to say this.

Of course this is all alleged......

BUT as soon as them "rumors" surfaced in Cleveland, they jettisoned her ass transferred her to Atlanta.

Take from that what you will!

Young Stef