What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Porn Star, August Ames, 23, commits suicide after snowflakes harass her on Twitter

123578

Replies

  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Her death had nothing to do with gay industry. It's not that deep. She obviously had inner demons she was battling. I mean she chose pornography as a profession, there had to be something more.

    Still it doesn't make sense to me why every time someone makes a thread about anything gay in general, they ALWAYS do major numbers. The most successful and fastest growing threads on the IC this year, have been gay threads. I bet if someone creates a thread with GAY AF in the title niggas will send it platinum SMMFH.

    Why're you acting like people haven't talked extensively about her mental illness?

    You can be mentally ill AND be cyberbullied by gays (which she was).

    I haven't gone through the thread past the first page but I bet if I did I can find the source of the argument is prolly them thinking she did this because she didn't want to lay with a gay actor.

    Maybe I'll go through it later, I tend to avoid the gay threads because well I'm just not interested in the topic. The only reason I'm in here is because I was @'ed and you're also one of my favorite posters NH. I'm sure you're prolly making the argument for mental health issues but I'm not sure that's the reason for the rest lolololol. It's a weird phenomenon on the IC, as homophobic as the IC is I find it funny that when a thread with just the word gay in it is made, ppl flock to it and start posting dissertations. There's a thread about Tupac's dick for crying out loud that's on its way to platinum status SMMFH LOLOLOLOL.

    Thats part of it though.

    You can't really separate the cyberbullying from the act of suicide, especially when individuals were telling her to kill herself.

    There was a thread about a girl bullying a boy into killing himself too. That kid also had mental health concerns, but that didn't get her off the hook.

    It shouldn't get them off the hook either.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,519 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Her death had nothing to do with gay industry. It's not that deep. She obviously had inner demons she was battling. I mean she chose pornography as a profession, there had to be something more.

    Still it doesn't make sense to me why every time someone makes a thread about anything gay in general, they ALWAYS do major numbers. The most successful and fastest growing threads on the IC this year, have been gay threads. I bet if someone creates a thread with GAY AF in the title niggas will send it platinum SMMFH.

    Why're you acting like people haven't talked extensively about her mental illness?

    You can be mentally ill AND be cyberbullied by gays (which she was).

    I haven't gone through the thread past the first page but I bet if I did I can find the source of the argument is prolly them thinking she did this because she didn't want to lay with a gay actor.

    Maybe I'll go through it later, I tend to avoid the gay threads because well I'm just not interested in the topic. The only reason I'm in here is because I was @'ed and you're also one of my favorite posters NH. I'm sure you're prolly making the argument for mental health issues but I'm not sure that's the reason for the rest lolololol. It's a weird phenomenon on the IC, as homophobic as the IC is I find it funny that when a thread with just the word gay in it is made, ppl flock to it and start posting dissertations. There's a thread about Tupac's dick for crying out loud that's on its way to platinum status SMMFH LOLOLOLOL.

    Thats part of it though.

    You can't really separate the cyberbullying from the act of suicide, especially when individuals were telling her to kill herself.

    There was a thread about a girl bullying a boy into killing himself too. That kid also had mental health concerns, but that didn't get her off the hook.

    It shouldn't get them off the hook either.

    But did it go multi platinum ? LOLOL I'm Fuckin with you brother!

    I met August Ames and she was very nice and cooooooolll as hell. Definitely thought she'd be saved one day but dayum.

    I worry for the new generation.
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

    ^^^ If you need anything go here

    jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She really dead? How did she off herself?
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    She really dead? How did she off herself?

    I didn't put it in the thread because it's a rumor but I heard she hung herself.
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

    For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

    For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

    All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7
    marc123 wrote: »
    She really dead? How did she off herself?

    nvm. She dead. smh. She made herself look like a horse... but she really hung herself. Odds are she had suicide thoughts b4, but the internet shit yesterday was the final straw.

    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/12/07/porn-star-august-ames-commits-suicide-after-bullying-for-not-wanting-to-have-sex-with-man-who-did-gay-porn.html
    thagreat45
  • CashmoneyDuxCashmoneyDux Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Her death had nothing to do with gay industry. It's not that deep. She obviously had inner demons she was battling. I mean she chose pornography as a profession, there had to be something more.

    Still it doesn't make sense to me why every time someone makes a thread about anything gay in general, they ALWAYS do major numbers. The most successful and fastest growing threads on the IC this year, have been gay threads. I bet if someone creates a thread with GAY AF in the title niggas will send it platinum SMMFH.

    Why're you acting like people haven't talked extensively about her mental illness?

    You can be mentally ill AND be cyberbullied by gays (which she was).

    I haven't gone through the thread past the first page but I bet if I did I can find the source of the argument is prolly them thinking she did this because she didn't want to lay with a gay actor.

    Maybe I'll go through it later, I tend to avoid the gay threads because well I'm just not interested in the topic. The only reason I'm in here is because I was @'ed and you're also one of my favorite posters NH. I'm sure you're prolly making the argument for mental health issues but I'm not sure that's the reason for the rest lolololol. It's a weird phenomenon on the IC, as homophobic as the IC is I find it funny that when a thread with just the word gay in it is made, ppl flock to it and start posting dissertations. There's a thread about Tupac's dick for crying out loud that's on its way to platinum status SMMFH LOLOLOLOL.

    Niggas on that R Kelly swag these days smh
    tumblr_mldz8wN84X1rc2u19o2_400.gif

    icUWzM.gif


    Top 10:
    Jay Electronica
    Blu
    Fashawn
    Elzhi
    Phonte
    MF Doom
    Lil B
    Kebee
    Verbal Jint
    Wretch 32
  • Busta Carmichael Busta Carmichael IC Hall Of Famer, LOT Posts: 12,962 Regulator
    I never knew about august.

    But how did shyla stylez die?
      Colin$mackabi$h
  • LordZukoLordZuko Black Ronin A swirling tempest in the midnight sunPosts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Females and lgbt niggas have this borg hive mind mentality. And they turn on each other so quick.

    They condemned her for expressing her preference on who she chooses to fuck with.
    They felt entitled to her. Which is bogus af.

    The lgbt movement is fucked up in general.

    I think niggas are concerned about that shit for subconscious reasons. The left for the last 15 years has used lgbt complaints to spearhead left wing fascism. Where as before lgbt issues were about overt discrimination which varied in veracity. Nowadays it is about coercion and penalizing those who don't get down with their program. As well as shoehorning heterosexuality together with every negative connotation.

    You have trannies who will say it's transphobic for a straight man to not consider them. Also if a lesbian doesn't consider them.
    Gay people turn on bisexual niggas all the time, don't really consider them part of the movement.
    Terfs are feminists who won't fuck with transgenders at all.
    Feminists are all about men rejecting gender roles and heteronormativity because they consider it a package deal under patriarchy, but they be down for outing niggas for shits and giggles.

    I learned all this my first year on tumblr
    tenor.gif?itemid=5063895



    CashmoneyDuxBroddieLcnsdbyROYALTYAfrica United
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 25,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    Random thought: i dont debate w gay niggas about anything irl. Generally they are super emtional n will fight u tooth n nail to get their point across. Too much drama n they are overly senstive.

    Add to that that a good number of them are racist bigots.
    konceptjonesonetoughmiracle
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
  • BroddieBroddie just me and my bitch NYCPosts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    northside7 wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    Random thought: i dont debate w gay niggas about anything irl. Generally they are super emtional n will fight u tooth n nail to get their point across. Too much drama n they are overly senstive.

    Add to that that a good number of them are racist bigots.

    Which is ironic as hell.
    2604vgo.jpg

    R.I.P. Darwyn Cooke
    Young Stef
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 26,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    marc123 wrote: »
    Random thought: i dont debate w gay niggas about anything irl. Generally they are super emtional n will fight u tooth n nail to get their point across. Too much drama n they are overly senstive.

    Add to that that a good number of them are racist bigots.

    Which is ironic as hell.

    It is, especially since whenever they want to defend their movement, they do so by comparing it to the Civil Rights movement.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

    m63Y62.gif
    Young StefAfrica UnitedLike Water
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Females and lgbt niggas have this borg hive mind mentality. And they turn on each other so quick.

    They condemned her for expressing her preference on who she chooses to fuck with.
    They felt entitled to her. Which is bogus af.

    The lgbt movement is fucked up in general.

    I think niggas are concerned about that shit for subconscious reasons. The left for the last 15 years has used lgbt complaints to spearhead left wing fascism. Where as before lgbt issues were about overt discrimination which varied in veracity. Nowadays it is about coercion and penalizing those who don't get down with their program. As well as shoehorning heterosexuality together with every negative connotation.

    You have trannies who will say it's transphobic for a straight man to not consider them. Also if a lesbian doesn't consider them.
    Gay people turn on bisexual niggas all the time, don't really consider them part of the movement.
    Terfs are feminists who won't fuck with transgenders at all.
    Feminists are all about men rejecting gender roles and heteronormativity because they consider it a package deal under patriarchy, but they be down for outing niggas for shits and giggles.

    I learned all this my first year on tumblr

    This is why saying "gay pedophile" will likely get the lgbt hammer brought down on you. They've made it so people don't even consider a grown man raping a boy or a grown woman raping a girl as gay/homo shit but "pedophilia", as if the two can't go hand-in-hand and got it so we no longer view it as a gay problem at all, but a straight one. A man can rape hundreds of boys but he'll never be considered gay in the public's eye, and that's exactly how they want it.
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
    KatCashmoneyDuxsunlord
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,212 Regulator
    Broddie wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    How many threads have you made about gay related stuff?

    Committing suicide because Twitter comments? Has to be more going on in her personal life

    She had depression.. its in the story.
    man what the fuck is goin on in your head.. a mind is a terrible thing to waste.. one using cac buzzwords to this thread i gay a fuck.. you need to ask yourelf a list of questions before you make a fuckin thread.. and when you answer all the question and still decide to make a thread just kill yourself before hitting post

    WTF you so angry about, champ?
    Kat wrote: »
    Lol..some of you seem more sympathetic over this porn chick than what I've seen for children bullied into suicide. Here's looking at you LordLamo.

    It's because gays made her do it.

    IC has a weird obsession with gays.

    Its more about PC culture than it is about "da gays" though.

    The circumstances behind the cyberbullying is ridiculous, people need to learn when to unplug from that shit.

    People don't get it.

    No matter how unpopular or objectively stupid the opinion people in the US have a damn right to express it. Don't like it? Ignore it.

    The fact that people berate and belittle others so much for speaking their mind & that that type of behavior has been normalized in a country that always loves to brag about the first ammendment is backwards as fuck. Also pretty disturbing.

    "Say whatever you want until it offends me then you're pond scum worthy of death". No wonder these 90s babies are so fucked up and warped. Remember when the youth was the one who used to get scolded by the prudes and over emotional ones? Now the youth ARE the prudes and over emotional ones. So weird.

    How is this kind of shit progress? Ice-T warned us "Freedom of Speech...just watch what you say" years before this girl was even born. Then she ends up committing that because she didn't heed that old ass advice over 20 yrs later. Shouldn't we have been past that point by now? crazy.

    Of course people have the freedome to express themselves. But the idea that that right also comes without consequences or reactions to said speech is something people don't seem to grasp. Its not that people aren't saying what they want it seems to be more they can't handle any actual objection or challenge to what they say

    There's definitely a lot more thin skinned people nowadays than any other era that I could ever recall. Yeah. At the same time there are also a lot of people who lose track of the fact that there are a lot of thin skinned people around in this world today. So the mature option is to always thread lightly.

    The minute she caught feelings they should've dropped it and moved on. Yet they kept egging on a mentally & emotionally vulnerable person and many of them knew it. There's an equal amount of selfishness and maliciousness in the world today to compliment the thin skins. It's sad all the way around. This is us in century 21.

    A lot of social media is based on performance activism meaning people don't actually do shit but feel a retweet or hashtag or cussing somebody out on social media equates to actually doing something. Those are the people who tend to go the hardest with their comments.

    And yes people are more thin skinned but we also live in a world where shitty comments and people coming at you can literally follow you everywhere you go. Damn near everyone has a smart phone and if you happen to work in a profession that puts you in any form of spotlight people have access to comment on your life and majority of people simply can't handle that type of scrutiny even if you aren't a thin skinned person. That will wear on any one

    I agree this is why I said "thread lightly". I can't stand biting my tongue. My whole life for better or worse was based on "keeping it real". Sometimes it went wrong and many times it went right but I was always unapologetically me.

    Until PC culture went into overload. Now I'm very careful with my words out of respect for the sensitivity of others. I bite my tongue a lot no matter how much reason I feel I may have.

    Even on here sometimes and it's an anonymous forum. Simply because I recognize the emotional identity of the dialogue and many times see people here being easily triggered by things that were never intended to trigger them. Just intended to spark a dialogue.

    Words clearly have to be used more responsibly now so I either watch what I say or say nothing at all.

    People are just far too easily triggered now. This is definitely the era of following granny's sage advice: "nothing nice to say? say nothing at all" more often than not. For better and worse.

    I agree. Social media has convinced people their every thought should be shared and that shit simply ainy true. Some shit is better kept to yourself
    #1hiphopjunki3
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,212 Regulator
    blackrain wrote: »
    Depression can literally cause a chemical imbalance in your brain...so telling someone whose brain isn't functioning normally to take an action a normal person would take ie "just log off" makes no sense.

    Yes it does. They still understand it. They might be too egotistical to log off but they still get it.

    If you're suffering from depression then your issue isn't being too egotistical. The problem is you don't have enough of an ego to ignore it and know how you feel shouldn't be determined by as many outside factors as you are susceptible to.
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,212 Regulator
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Females and lgbt niggas have this borg hive mind mentality. And they turn on each other so quick.

    They condemned her for expressing her preference on who she chooses to fuck with.
    They felt entitled to her. Which is bogus af.

    The lgbt movement is fucked up in general.

    I think niggas are concerned about that shit for subconscious reasons. The left for the last 15 years has used lgbt complaints to spearhead left wing fascism. Where as before lgbt issues were about overt discrimination which varied in veracity. Nowadays it is about coercion and penalizing those who don't get down with their program. As well as shoehorning heterosexuality together with every negative connotation.

    You have trannies who will say it's transphobic for a straight man to not consider them. Also if a lesbian doesn't consider them.
    Gay people turn on bisexual niggas all the time, don't really consider them part of the movement.
    Terfs are feminists who won't fuck with transgenders at all.
    Feminists are all about men rejecting gender roles and heteronormativity because they consider it a package deal under patriarchy, but they be down for outing niggas for shits and giggles.

    I learned all this my first year on tumblr

    Tumblr? The same place where I once saw someone screenshot a post from saying Beyonce was being trasnphobic for being pregnant? That's a good source of information?
    jono
  • konceptjoneskonceptjones Old School Playa Posts: 13,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Females and lgbt niggas have this borg hive mind mentality. And they turn on each other so quick.

    They condemned her for expressing her preference on who she chooses to fuck with.
    They felt entitled to her. Which is bogus af.

    The lgbt movement is fucked up in general.

    I think niggas are concerned about that shit for subconscious reasons. The left for the last 15 years has used lgbt complaints to spearhead left wing fascism. Where as before lgbt issues were about overt discrimination which varied in veracity. Nowadays it is about coercion and penalizing those who don't get down with their program. As well as shoehorning heterosexuality together with every negative connotation.

    You have trannies who will say it's transphobic for a straight man to not consider them. Also if a lesbian doesn't consider them.
    Gay people turn on bisexual niggas all the time, don't really consider them part of the movement.
    Terfs are feminists who won't fuck with transgenders at all.
    Feminists are all about men rejecting gender roles and heteronormativity because they consider it a package deal under patriarchy, but they be down for outing niggas for shits and giggles.

    I learned all this my first year on tumblr

    Tumblr? The same place where I once saw someone screenshot a post from saying Beyonce was being trasnphobic for being pregnant? That's a good source of information?

    Tumblr is the place where the bulk of these ridiculous ideologies are born. I guarantee you "fart rape" and "manspreading" were born from the mind of a Tumblr activist.
    i'm not sure which entity leaves people more abused and lost; the Porn Industry or Bad Boy Records.
    Will MunnyjonoAfrica United
Sign In or Register to comment.