When Christians say they are " highly favored" what does that mean

American Loo VII 3DAmerican Loo VII 3D Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
anybody familiar with that phrase?

Replies

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    don't know, but somebody has got to be wrong. When i say somebody i mean Muslims,Budhist,Rastafarians,Jews,etc, yall can't all be right. lol
  • CPTJamesT.LurkCPTJamesT.Lurk Posts: 763
    edited August 2010
    From what I understand the more your "walk" is aligned with god the more favor he bestows upon you. This isn't my thinking just what I've been told.
  • thehonorablethehonorable Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Like all other religions, it is the I am better than you complex
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    From what I understand the more your "walk" is aligned with god the more favor he bestows upon you. This isn't my thinking just what I've been told.

What he said!

this is not a religious eclusive idea. It is more dependent on the person.
  • QB - 6th EditionQB - 6th Edition Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2010
    i dont wanna be a christian no more
    im giving my membership card back
    edited August 2010
    i dont wanna be a christian no more
    im giving my membership card back

Ask for your money back and come back and tell us how it went!
  • CPTJamesT.LurkCPTJamesT.Lurk Posts: 763
    edited August 2010

This pretty much sums it up, but Christians have to be the worst, I think it's funny that some of the most critical, judgmental, two faced people and in denial people proclaim themselves to be good Christians.
    edited August 2010
    This pretty much sums it up, but Christians have to be the worst, I think it's funny that some of the most critical, judgmental, two faced people and in denial people proclaim themselves to be good Christians.

keywords that is just like a ugly chick proclaiming herself to be the most beautiful!
    edited August 2010
    caddo man wrote: »
    Ask for your money back and come back and tell us how it went!

lmao...... i should try that

yo do u ever go to church and see ppl goin thru the collection plate for change lmao
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 51,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    arrogance.. bascially means.. Gods plays favorites.. and your not.. which is totally false..
    edited August 2010
    lmao...... i should try that

yo do u ever go to church and see ppl goin thru the collection plate for change lmao

My church you have to walk to the front so no. But they do sit their and wait for that change from the deacons. Like I need change for this $1. He looks over and ask DAMN how much you giving?
    edited August 2010
    caddo man wrote: »
    My church you have to walk to the front so no. But they do sit their and wait for that change from the deacons. Like I need change for this $1. He looks over and ask DAMN how much you giving?

lmao............
    i actually went to a church where a preacher was talking about he wasnt brought up to beg but they need a certain amount from us for the keep up of the church
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I never heard that (I went to Christian church up until maybe the middle of high school)...Maybe cuz I wasn't always listening when I was in there.
  • Aztec_KangAztec_Kang Posts: 1,854
    edited August 2010
    did my thread about religious people being weak minded inspire this thread?
  • glowyglowy Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    arrogance.. bascially means.. Gods plays favorites.. and your not.. which is totally false..

That's what I get from it.
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    anybody familiar with that phrase?

When a "Christian" says they're highly favored, that means they're ignorant.

Trust me, most "Christians" to maybe 99% are following the good book the wrong way. So no, they cannot be "highly favored" no matter how much they say they are.
  • bless the childbless the child Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    It just says to me that they are lost souls that dont know any better...
  • b@squ1@t reduxb@squ1@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    i love that phrase

constantly reminds what blithering fuckin dipshit swallow the kool aid ass idiots so many christians are
  • Knives AmilliKnives Amilli Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    It basically means im gonna ignore the fact that I live in one of the better countries in the world and assume all the privileges and pleasures in my life are the result of Yahweh "liking me".
  • American Loo VII 3DAmerican Loo VII 3D Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    its a phrase i hear alot from southern black christians

"i'm blessed and highly favored"

to me, that sounds like you're saying God has given you alot because you're one of his faves

so is a kid in sudan "unblessed and non favored"?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven?DoUwant2go2Heaven? Lover of Jesus Christ and a Minister of reconcilation! Do you know Him? 2 Babylon the GreatPosts: 7,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    The phrase "highly favored" comes from the mouth of the angel Gabriel, when he appeared to the virgin mary and announced the Lords favor on her for being the one who would birth the messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ.

"And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." Luke 1:28

35iuavo.gif
  • Sourpatch KidSourpatch Kid Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Why are these threads specifically targetting christians? Why not diss Hindu's, Buddhist's, Jew's or Muslims? Why does every thread only make fun of christianity and how hypocritical does this shit sound. Fuck outta here with this bullshit.
  • American Loo VII 3DAmerican Loo VII 3D Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Why are these threads specifically targetting christians? Why not diss Hindu's, Buddhist's, Jew's or Muslims? Why does every thread only make fun of christianity and how hypocritical does this shit sound. Fuck outta here with this bullshit.

I posed a genuine question. Why are you so mad
    edited August 2010
    I posed a genuine question. Why are you so mad

becuz he isnt a favored christian
  • Crude_Crude_ Legend Posts: 16,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I always took it too mean we are all God's children and he will never foresake his children. Thats my interpretation of that.