What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Official legion of doom mixtape thread

Replies

• RedPandaSanRedPandaSan Posts: 63
    edited November 2010
    Good looking out Grundy, I already submitted the vocal tracks to Money for mixing. I'm looking forward to what his final mix is going to sound like. ..
  • money mobmoney mob Posts: 420
    edited November 2010
    How are we coming along?

I got two with lyrics and two without.
    edited November 2010
    Good looking out Grundy, I already submitted the vocal tracks to Money for mixing. I'm looking forward to what his final mix is going to sound like. ..

I re-did the mix. I basically wanted to just level out the vocals with the track. I got other tracks I can send u if you are down.
    edited November 2010
    money mob wrote: »
    I re-did the mix. I basically wanted to just level out the vocals with the track. I got other tracks I can send u if you are down.

How's it sound? The wav files I sent you weren't eq'ed or anything like that yet so if you want, shoot me the newly mixed beat back and I'll do what I normally do to the vocals to clean it up. I sent you the raw files just in case you were a wizard that shit or something. I'm just barely learning how to get those clean vocals on the record.

If you got some more beats on deck you think I can fux with then send them along. I'm totally digging the Alexander Luthor frame of mind. There's a lot of creative freedom in it. Haha!

If it's hot and I can tell a story on it, I'll give it a shot. /nod
    edited November 2010
    How's it sound? The wav files I sent you weren't eq'ed or anything like that yet so if you want, shoot me the newly mixed beat back and I'll do what I normally do to the vocals to clean it up. I sent you the raw files just in case you were a wizard that shit or something. I'm just barely learning how to get those clean vocals on the record.

If you got some more beats on deck you think I can fux with then send them along. I'm totally digging the Alexander Luthor frame of mind. There's a lot of creative freedom in it. Haha!

If it's hot and I can tell a story on it, I'll give it a shot. /nod

I sent you a download link since there is a limit to how many MP3s in one gmail.

Let me know whats up. I will shoot you the remixed version of the Luthor joint when I get home.
    edited November 2010
    @Money - I got it. You got some heat on here. I dl'ed them to my phone and got a preview during lunch but I'm going to listen again with fresh ears when I get out of the day job. .. Good looking out. ..

@Everyone else - Is this mixtape going to be all freestyle type joints or is anyone submitting full songs for this?
    edited November 2010
    @Money - I got it. You got some heat on here. I dl'ed them to my phone and got a preview during lunch but I'm going to listen again with fresh ears when I get out of the day job. .. Good looking out. ..

@Everyone else - Is this mixtape going to be all freestyle type joints or is anyone submitting full songs for this?

I dont think its a set criteria lyrically. We are basically showcasing the beats.
    edited December 2010
    Here's a sneak peek at what I did with Money. .. Let us know what you think. ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caIRgk3gwiE
    edited December 2010
    Why is this thread so dead? =P

Anyway, is there a set deadline for this yet? I came up with some fresh concepts for some of the beats Money sent me but I haven't laid anything yet.

Oh and BTW - Did y'all hear Money's mix of the Alexander Luthor joint? Clean. .. Shout out to Money Long! /nod
  • jrbtheproducerjrbtheproducer Posts: 82
    edited December 2010
    oh shit yall are doing this again? i browsed through

how yall having hard time finding rappers though? the best dudes i work with i found on the allhiphop lol Hona & Prestige

i might have to submit something
  • Kang_Solomon_GrundyKang_Solomon_Grundy Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    oh shit yall are doing this again? i browsed through

how yall having hard time finding rappers though? the best dudes i work with i found on the allhiphop lol Hona & Prestige

i might have to submit something
    good to see you back bruh!!!! you know you need to get down wit' the project; I got 2 jointz from Hona as well I'm gonna' go ahead and use - dude is dope! reclaim your I.D. Lex!!!!
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited December 2010
    good to see you back bruh!!!! you know you need to get down wit' the project; I got 2 jointz from Hona as well I'm gonna' go ahead and use - dude is dope! reclaim your I.D. Lex!!!!

Is someone else already hitting the Lex angle?

Money is all filled up with his submissions so if anyone has got some heat I can spit on, please get at me! ;)
  • melodic_psyche2melodic_psyche2 Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Finally got into my account....I still want to get down with this project
    edited December 2010
    Is someone else already hitting the Lex angle?

Money is all filled up with his submissions so if anyone has got some heat I can spit on, please get at me! ;)
    he was lex luthor before the site went down, but that shouldn't conflict with what you've got; I'm gonna send you somethin' to spit on later this evening...........
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Fosho, I'll be on the lookout. ..
    edited December 2010
    I just have to incorporate my L.O.D. soundbytes into the songs Ive done and Im ready to submit.

After that, I got my own beat tape Im working on.
    edited December 2010
    After that, I got my own beat tape Im working on.

yoooo put this out TODAY!! lol i want beats
  • goobsgoobs Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    feedback is needed
    edited December 2010
    yoooo put this out today!! Lol i want beats

j.r.b. Whats poppin, pimpin?
    edited December 2010
    j.r.b. Whats poppin, pimpin?

what up man, nothin here just started rapping and what not, gonna be the next Eminem and what not............. ha

i need those beats in order to start that journey though man lol
    edited December 2010
    what up man, nothin here just started rapping and what not, gonna be the next eminem and what not............. Ha

i need those beats in order to start that journey though man lol

u serious?

U rappin now? No more making beats?
    edited December 2010
    u serious?

U rappin now? No more making beats?

nah im still making beats just trying something different, i have no clue what im doing anymore lol
    edited December 2010
    nah im still making beats just trying something different, i have no clue what im doing anymore lol

Thats funny! I might end up rapping on my mixtape too. Wish me luck! LOL
    edited December 2010
    If anybody has anything finished and ready to go, pm me.............
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited December 2010
    If anybody has anything finished and ready to go, pm me.............

I hate to be a pain but I have a few last minute changes. I will drop them in the dropbox when I am done.