Yo IC, We Need To Put Our Heads Together...

ryder225ryder225 Posts: 3,207
edited December 2011 in Strictly Business
and come up with an idea to make some millions. Real Talk, I had the idea of twitter before that shit was even made. I know some of yall got some good ideas that could make some money if we work together

Replies

• King EraunoKing Erauno Posts: 6,083
    edited September 2010
    i support this movement. something global..internet based would be best
  • Jsince90sJsince90s Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    I aint one bit legit so i guess you'll be countin me out
  • SionSion Posts: 18,777
    edited September 2010
    find a t-shirt supplier in Asia & become a wholesaler in North America. You can buy cotton Tees for 0.50 t0 0.75 cents (& in some cases even less depending on how large ur orders are) & sell them back for $3 - $5 a piece. When you think about it shit adds up. I got a T-shirt printing co. w/ 2 friends & shit I aint complaining. Give us several years & we'll be doing a million in sales.

then theres real estate development. THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS AT IN LAND. most cats buy the land & leverage it OR just borrow the money from the bank. If u can raise say... 400k to 500k b/w urself & 7-10 ppl then u can build up small townhomes & make a nice profit off them. You could also visit real estate investment co.s for other needed financing. Construction is good business too.

Investment Management - if ur a finance major I'd suggest getting ur CFA and disciplining urself to fully understand Ben Graham's The Intelligent Investor. Over time u can very easily accumulate a million dollars under management (in the investment industry thats very miniscule btw) & if u can average atleast 20% on that money (not including fees ud charge) then sure u could net a million dollars for urself. Again this is prolly the MOST difficult of the options so far.

Opening a smoothy bar in a shopping mall space or even at school. These are really prominent at my school and all over the city. Smoothy bars are goood money.

Franchising - this is prolly the best & easiest way to make a million dollars overtime. Some franchises like Subway can run u only 80k (including the franchise fee) & are fairly profitable. I think franchising is the way to go. U can run ur own business & also have the corporate machine behind u to ensure ur franchise does well. heres a franchise website u can visit http://www.franchise.org/franchisecategories.aspx theres a whole bunch so try googling franchise assocations and stuff.

Obviously there is no "get-rich quick way" to do it all of the above are gonna require a good amount of research & adequate work to actually be a success.
  • ryder225ryder225 Posts: 3,207
    edited September 2010
    edited October 2010
    ryder225 wrote: »
    Yo that t-shirt idea is genius. Connect me my nigga

I have not forgotten about u either. I'll send u a PM w/ a list of suppliers as soon as I get back to my laptop.
  • Osirus_JenkinsOsirus_Jenkins Posts: 3,662
    edited November 2011
    sionb55 wrote: »
    I have not forgotten about u either. I'll send u a PM w/ a list of suppliers as soon as I get back to my laptop.

New to the IC But if you can PM that information as well it would be greatly appreciated.
  • MadbeatsMadbeats Posts: 544
    edited November 2011
  • Cabana_Da_DonCabana_Da_Don Posts: 6,224
    edited November 2011
    edited November 2011
    New to the IC But if you can PM that information as well it would be greatly appreciated.
    Madbeats wrote: »
    Good ideas here. I dig the T-shirt idea.

I can definitely help you niggas out. Now I don't live in the U.S. yet so I don't know of the local t-shirt wholesalers & distributors you guys have out there. In Canada though we have a company called Cotton Best. You can reach them at http://www.cottonbest.ca/ & yes they do ship to American customers. If you notice on their website they DON'T have prices for their tees, that's because these guys do things the old fashion way, over the phone or in person. Typically their shirts range from 1.25 to 1.85 a piece depending on the brand, quality AND quantity. If you're planning to order say 500+ tees the lower the price (as in under $1.25 to 0.65 cents).

Take into account that right now the Canadian dollar is now worth less than the U.S. dollar that means you're getting them at an even cheaper price.

Once Again the website is:

http://www.cottonbest.ca/

& I have another place way cheaper but surely you can understand my competivive spirit lol.....
  • black caesarblack caesar Posts: 7,473
    edited December 2011
    I can definitely help you niggas out. Now I don't live in the U.S. yet so I don't know of the local t-shirt wholesalers & distributors you guys have out there. In Canada though we have a company called Cotton Best. You can reach them at http://www.cottonbest.ca/ & yes they do ship to American customers. If you notice on their website they DON'T have prices for their tees, that's because these guys do things the old fashion way, over the phone or in person. Typically their shirts range from 1.25 to 1.85 a piece depending on the brand, quality AND quantity. If you're planning to order say 500+ tees the lower the price (as in under $1.25 to 0.65 cents).

Take into account that right now the Canadian dollar is now worth less than the U.S. dollar that means you're getting them at an even cheaper price.

& I have another place way cheaper but surely you can understand my competivive spirit lol.....

Do they have 50/50 shirts?
    edited December 2011

Appreciate it my dude. Also does anyone know anything internet marketing? I want to start a small business for niche internet marketing.
    edited December 2011
    Do they have 50/50 shirts?

Pretty sure they do, they have EVERY type & quality of shit you can imagine. I've been to their warehouse too. It's a lot of shit, not just tees but longsleeve shirts too.

Also, since its the holidays I figure I'd be a nice guy & give yall the link for the even cheaper t-shirt supplier I got. This dude is a lot cooler & easier to bargain with. He's got blank apparel like Tees for a dollar at base price (& he can go lower if the quantity is on point) even if its just 1 shirt, hes also got socks, women's blank apparel & u name it. I've done business with this guy over the summer & hes a great cat. I'll post the number when I get home maybe sometime 2moro or Sunday. Can't say I never did anything for niggas LOLOL.
    Appreciate it my dude. Also does anyone know anything internet marketing? I want to start a small business for niche internet marketing.

You need to get in touch with my big bro Uptown Connexx - he's the boss of Illpix, he moderates that forum. If memory serves me Big Bro made a good amount of change doing that type of stuff. I wish I could help u more with IT stuff but unfortunately its not my strongest subject fam :( .
    edited December 2011
    Pretty sure they do, they have EVERY type & quality of shit you can imagine. I've been to their warehouse too. It's a lot of shit, not just tees but longsleeve shirts too.

Also, since its the holidays I figure I'd be a nice guy & give yall the link for the even cheaper t-shirt supplier I got. This dude is a lot cooler & easier to bargain with. He's got blank apparel like Tees for a dollar at base price (& he can go lower if the quantity is on point) even if its just 1 shirt, hes also got socks, women's blank apparel & u name it. I've done business with this guy over the summer & hes a great cat. I'll post the number when I get home maybe sometime 2moro or Sunday. Can't say I never did anything for niggas LOLOL.

You need to get in touch with my big bro Uptown Connexx - he's the boss of Illpix, he moderates that forum. If memory serves me Big Bro made a good amount of change doing that type of stuff. I wish I could help u more with IT stuff but unfortunately its not my strongest subject fam :( .

Thanks alot man. Greatly appreciated.
  • BlackThor356BlackThor356 Posts: 845
    edited December 2011
    Damn u got some good ideas breh. So u cop the shirts for the low and jus sell them to local corner stores n shit?
  • blackeconblackecon Posts: 11
    tbh, i like the franchise idea and the real estate idea too. cash flow is very important in an investment, and those represent the most stable ways of getting cash flow out of your investment. way to go Sion.
  • saccityprincesaccityprince Posts: 1,833
    Sion wrote: »
    ryder225 wrote: »
    Yo that t-shirt idea is genius. Connect me my nigga

@sion pm me that info too please
  • afro thunderafro thunder Posts: 1,652
    I was thinking about getting into Subway a few days ago but after doing a little research I figured it wouldn't be worth it for me since I'd be an absent owner.

Been designing T's but too lazy to actually print and sale them. Might try to get space at a local mall and hire one or two cats to sale my merchandise. But before that I need high quality T's for cheap and a reliable printing lead.

@sion do you still have a printing co? Were your prints top quality and didn't fade after being wash a few times?
    I was thinking about getting into Subway a few days ago but after doing a little research I figured it wouldn't be worth it for me since I'd be an absent owner.

Been designing T's but too lazy to actually print and sale them. Might try to get space at a local mall and hire one or two cats to sale my merchandise. But before that I need high quality T's for cheap and a reliable printing lead.

@sion do you still have a printing co? Were your prints top quality and didn't fade after being wash a few times?

I used to run with that a long time ago, I don't do it anymore but I dont mind giving yall the link if you want.

For those still sending me PMs about the t-shirt and blank apparel link just google cottonbest.ca , they have some of the best prices in Canada, the other places I have don't have websites and are just Chinese importers with connects from Singapore to Mauritius. You'd have to visit them directly in order to get a good price and have them ship to you so if you're in the Toronto or Montreal area let me know.

@"afro thunder"‌ hunder When we had the silkscreening business our prints were good quality but washed off after a few times. It wasn't the machine's fault tho it was merely our technique and the paint we were using. We weren't pressing properly on the screen to make a strong enough coat. When we pressed it was either too thick to where it soaked through the shirt or was too light & washed off after like 10 washes. Luckily for us, most of the projects we did were for events and nonprofit organizations who were only going to use it for that one event and then toss em.
  • I was thinking something with computers. That's what i'm going to college for.