What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

It only does everything....except....

HatterHatter Posts: 2,451
edited November 2010 in The Arcade
the PS3 is a great piece of hardware but its not flawless post your complaints about the system


for me the biggest problem is no backwards compatibilty for the slims, i have a bunch of old PS2 games that are useless since i sold my PS2 long long ago thinking "well when i get a ps3 im not gonna need it anyway."

Replies

  • Terrorist_JonesTerrorist_Jones Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
  • Indy8503 HDIndy8503 HD Posts: 554
    edited November 2010
    I can count the times I used BC on my 60GB in the last year on one hand. It's cool to have u don't have a lot of PS3 games but once u get ur PS3 library going you won't use it much.
  • DaFifthElementDaFifthElement Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I can count the times I used BC on my 60GB in the last year on one hand. It's cool to have u don't have a lot of PS3 games but once u get ur PS3 library going you won't use it much.

    /thread PS3 is Jehova.
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Hatter wrote: »
    the PS3 is a great piece of hardware but its not flawless post your complaints about the system


    for me the biggest problem is no backwards compatibilty for the slims, i have a bunch of old PS2 games that are useless since i sold my PS2 long long ago thinking "well when i get a ps3 im not gonna need it anyway."



    Honestly, I don't have a prob with the lack of BC. I played GT4, GOW2, DMC3, KH2 and RE4 on my fatty when I first got it and, with the exception of GOW2, they all looked better when played on the PS2. But, honestly, I have not played a PS2 game since early 2008.
  • So ILLSo ILL Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Backwards compatibility is probably my only major beef, that and the fact that I can't listen to the music that I put on the hard drive while I'm playing the games....some games have settings where you can add your music to the game, some don't. But whatever....But yeah, backwards compatability.......
  • DaFifthElementDaFifthElement Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I aint gon lie though I be bored and want to play FFX all the time
  • anduinanduin Posts: 982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I still have my fat so no BC isn't an issue, especially since I got an old PS2 for like $25 at a garage sale that I use anyways cause I'm not about to wear out that laser anytime soon. PSN needs more shit though, compared to Live it's still not at that level of content. Japan PSN is fucking insane with the amount of content they provide (PS1, PSN originals)
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    the gripe i have with sony right now is PSN. they need to upgrade their DL game selection. [i wanna play KOF and Guilty Gear XX with online multi too.]

    i save my systems. not worried about BC
    Sean Price (R.I.P.) - Lighters in the Air
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TIOwuxPp_xA
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I know most of you download movies, but I usually download the BRRips (BluRay) and play them back thru my PS3. I don't burn discs - I plug my external into the USB port and play back from there. Recently, they have started using anti-pirating programs (Cinivia) to cut the audio on the playback. This only works on BluRay players so if the source of the BRRip is a movie is a BR disc encoded with it, then you can't play it on the PS3.

    It doesn't do everything!!

    Stupes!!
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I know most of you download movies, but I usually download the BRRips (BluRay) and play them back thru my PS3. I don't burn discs - I plug my external into the USB port and play back from there. Recently, they have started using anti-pirating programs (Cinivia) to cut the audio on the playback. This only works on BluRay players so if the source of the BRRip is a movie is a BR disc encoded with it, then you can't play it on the PS3.

    It doesn't do everything!!

    Stupes!!

    mkv2vob ftw!
    Sean Price (R.I.P.) - Lighters in the Air
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TIOwuxPp_xA
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    mkv2vob ftw!



    Well, what I have started doing is burning them to DVD and playing them on a DVD player. My SSS's DVD player upscales to HD (???) lol, so since the movies are already BR quality, I still get just about the same quality as I would thru the PS3.

    Oh, and since I don't really watch movies more than once, I bought DVD-RW's and just re-use them if I come across an affected movie or movies that are .mkv, .m2t etc. that the PS3 doesn't recognise and need converting. :D

    They can't stop us. lol
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 11,256 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    I've had my backward compatible PS3 since January 2007.
    zvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpgzvvgw2.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Am i a lame for playn psp everywhere i go ? Lol
  • stonefacestoneface Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Am i a lame for playn psp everywhere i go ? Lol

    Syphon Filter on PSP is the shit!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu7Tm959sfXvO--7pqgLE-TTa6_K7XuduZ7Jt3jkbpf5ZmUSALfAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgeTjNotLvYjNCdJ6RbBRCm2_fj9jBKArvaAOZURlw-aSbNY9rCARZA1.jpg
    Instrumentals Are A Science
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Well, what I have started doing is burning them to DVD and playing them on a DVD player. My SSS's DVD player upscales to HD (???) lol, so since the movies are already BR quality, I still get just about the same quality as I would thru the PS3.

    Oh, and since I don't really watch movies more than once, I bought DVD-RW's and just re-use them if I come across an affected movie or movies that are .mkv, .m2t etc. that the PS3 doesn't recognise and need converting. :D

    They can't stop us. lol

    why???

    thats a waste of time and money.

    wtf is a SSS dvd player?

    i have a sony dvd upscaler and it works pretty well on legit dvd's, but i'm pretty sure it has no effect on burns. [least thats what the manual said]
    Sean Price (R.I.P.) - Lighters in the Air
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TIOwuxPp_xA
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    why???

    thats a waste of time and money.

    wtf is a SSS dvd player?

    i have a sony dvd upscaler and it works pretty well on legit dvd's, but i'm pretty sure it has no effect on burns. [least thats what the manual said]



    SSS.....Surround Sound System

    I just prefer watching movies on my TV instead of my laptop when I'm in the bedroom. Thats why I bought re-writables - just re-use it for another movie when I'm done.
  • edited November 2010
    Owwwwwwwww thot i was the only one out here
    stoneface wrote: »
    syphon filter on psp is the shit!
  • grumpy_new_yorkergrumpy_new_yorker Use your head for more than a hat rack Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    SSS.....Surround Sound System

    I just prefer watching movies on my TV instead of my laptop when I'm in the bedroom. Thats why I bought re-writables - just re-use it for another movie when I'm done.

    i hear yah.

    i just find it easier [if you have mkv files] to rip it to a vob file and copy it to the external. its still in REAL HD, it's quicker and don't have to waste time burning it to discs.
    Sean Price (R.I.P.) - Lighters in the Air
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=TIOwuxPp_xA
Sign In or Register to comment.