What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory appreciation thread...

G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Personally a Classic album...i think this is the 10 year anniversary...
FigosilverfoxxPlutarchBrideofKillaLUClENSmokey Tha Bandit
«13

Replies

  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

    damn its been that long and i still know tha words to most of the album like it came out last week...
    Figo
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Papercut and One Step Closer >>>>
    trust no one, just my sig
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    damn i need to check for them again. ive only heard a few songs since Hybrid Theory. and i dont even remember most of HT.
    trust no one, just my sig
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    co-sign thread. Meteora is the shit too. Too bad Mike Shinoda openly sold out and pretty much said fuck the fans we'll do what we wanna do.
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lord High Executioner Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    yea i missed this linkin park. brings back memories
  • birdcall89birdcall89 Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    this is back when they were dope. *appreciates*
  • BIGC129BIGC129 Posts: 635
    edited December 2010
    man i loved this cd brings me back 2 a easier and less stressfull time in my life ....first time i heard papercut was on mtv late nite was like hmm wtf is this cause i dont fuck wit nothing other then hip hop but man im glad i grabbed that shit back in the day didnt have 2 skip 1 song just sitten listen 2 some dude screamin is a great way 2 let some anger out
  • Jsince90sJsince90s Posts: 180
    edited December 2010
    Nice thread dude, slept on this for like 7 years
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    co-sign thread. Meteora is the shit too. Too bad Mike Shinoda openly sold out and pretty much said fuck the fans we'll do what we wanna do.
    yea i missed this linkin park. brings back memories
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    this is back when they were dope. *appreciates*

    triple co sign...
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I liked Hybird Theory.
    Figo
  • Koko888Koko888 Posts: 298
    edited December 2010
    Papercut, Runaway, In the End, Forgotten, Cure for the Itch....I listen to this when I'm in a foul mood, by the end I'm usually good to go.
  • Tha KillaTha Killa Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I remember when I first bought the CD and the opening notes to Papercut started playing. My mind was blown for the next 45 minutes straight. That shit was fucking classic.


    To this day, I can't say I've ever heard an opening track make such an epic statement on a debut album. That shit is still dope 10 years later like Jagged Little Pill and Sublime (the album) was.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Wait how the hell did Shinoda sell-out? SMH
    Also why hasn't this been done before? Classic effin album. I'm mad Rick Rubin said they should focus more on instrumentals instead of rapping and they took his advice
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    shenco wrote: »
    Wait how the hell did Shinoda sell-out? SMH
    Also why hasn't this been done before? Classic effin album. I'm mad Rick Rubin said they should focus more on instrumentals instead of rapping and they took his advice

    if you dont know shit about it then google the shit. all Im gonna say is there is a reason their music doesnt even sound like its by the same people. Shinoda said some shit like he doesnt care what the "vocal minority" thinks (people that want the old sound back) and that they will continue to do whatever they want. if that aint sellin out then I dont know what is.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    if you dont know shit about it then google the shit. all Im gonna say is there is a reason their music doesnt even sound like its by the same people. Shinoda said some shit like he doesnt care what the "vocal minority" thinks (people that want the old sound back) and that they will continue to do whatever they want. if that aint sellin out then I dont know what is.

    I don't know about all of that, but I definitely do remember something about Rick Rubin telling them to focus more on the instrumentals and that's why their stuff sounds different because they've gone away from that Limp Bizkit type style they used to have
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    shenco wrote: »
    I don't know about all of that, but I definitely do remember something about Rick Rubin telling them to focus more on the instrumentals and that's why their stuff sounds different because they've gone away from that Limp Bizkit type style they used to have

    yeah thats true. fans thought Rick Rubin was the cause for the change in sound but Mike Shinoda did an interview and said that it wasnt Rick Rubin that made them change, they did it themselves and goes on to make that vocal minorty bullshit comment.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    yeah thats true. fans thought Rick Rubin was the cause for the change in sound but Mike Shinoda did an interview and thats when he made that vocal minorty bullshit comment.

    It was probably both then.
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    shenco wrote: »
    It was probably both then.

    no he said that they changed their sound because they wanted to not because of Rubin.
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    either way, they still sold out and turned they back on what made them famous.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    no he said that they changed their sound because they wanted to not because of Rubin.

    Doubt it but whatever you say dude. That's a big influence cuz
  • About$About$ Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    1st "rock" CD i ever bought.. I was in highschool at that time. this album helped me to seek out other music genres i might like.
    iKingGodGivBiz
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    shenco wrote: »
    Doubt it but whatever you say dude. That's a big influence cuz

    dog, it came out of Mike Shinoda's mouth. Imma get the interview so u'll stfu about it.
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Game, Set, Match... now STFU



    The band's follow-up to Meteora was produced by Rick Rubin. Fans have been saying on several message boards and blogs that he's changed their sound. Vocalist/multi-instrumentalist -- and co-producer -- Mike Shinoda dispels any notion that the change in Linkin Park's style was made by the famous producer.

    "I don't agree with that. I go on the message board. You go ask anybody on the Linkin Park message boards, they know I'm on there and they know the band is watching. The band goes on occasionally we've always been very active with the fans and we stay that way. We know what people are saying out there, and I have to say: Number One - we call them the vocal minority. There are a smaller number of people who are very vocal, and then there's a lot of people who sit there and they do their own thing."
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i wouldnt classify that as sellin out, they just changed it up...and i really wish they didnt...everyone fell off the nu-metal "fad" but if u ask me bands like korn, linkin park etc were best wit that style...
    LUClEN
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i wouldnt classify that as sellin out, they just changed it up...and i really wish they didnt...everyone fell off the nu-metal "fad" but if u ask me bands like korn, linkin park etc were best wit that style...

    lol so you dont call completely changing your identity, losing the fanbase that got you there for an entirely new fanbase, selling out? then what the fuck is sir? explain to me.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.