What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Linkin Park-Hybrid Theory appreciation thread...

Replies

• AK.aPHillYisILLAK.aPHillYisILL Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Yo HT is a GOAT cd man. I remember when this shit came out when I was in 10th grade. Shit made me want to go bash somebody's face in. LP one of the very few bands I listen to.
    [img][/img]PHillYisILL.png
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Linkin Park >>>>> The Roots
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    lol so you dont call completely changing your identity, losing the fanbase that got you there for an entirely new fanbase, selling out? then what the fuck is sir? explain to me.

i wouldnt say they completely changed their identity and lost their fanbase, they just tried to expand by incorporating more traditional rock characteristics and unfortunately it dropped the quality of their songs...

if they did what they dis strictly to become more popular, that'd be selling out, but they did this cuz they felt they were outgrowing nu metal...

id say metallica doin wat they did in the 90's is a lil more closer to selling out that linkin park..
  • smokelahomasmokelahoma Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i wouldnt say they completely changed their identity and lost their fanbase, they just tried to expand by incorporating more traditional rock characteristics and unfortunately it dropped the quality of their songs...

if they did what they dis strictly to become more popular, that'd be selling out, but they did this cuz they felt they were outgrowing nu metal...

id say metallica doin wat they did in the 90's is a lil more closer to selling out that linkin park..

traditional rock? you call doing corny ass poppy electro/sythesiser music traditional rock? well them trying to "expand" their fan base just alienated a large portion of their original fans. pure and simple, if you dont agree with that then we are just gonna have to disagree because I am a part of their original fanbase and they lost me. I cant fuck with they new shit at all except for New Divide and that single they put out for the last album which was just ok, other than that I aint been able to fuck with them since Meteora.
  • HustleThaDonHustleThaDon 713 or nothing Houston Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    this is the album that put me on to rock/alternative music....*daps t/s*
    1zvevmc.jpg

Know your place......
  • kakiharakakihara Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    lol so you dont call completely changing your identity, losing the fanbase that got you there for an entirely new fanbase, selling out? then what the fuck is sir? explain to me.

Linkin Park have no loyalty to anyone at the end of the day. I enjoy the older Linkin Park instead of their new music. Actually I wasn't feeling their stuff since Minutes to Midnight. I mean some bands like to branch out and try new ideas whether their fans like it or not. They shouldn't have to do the same "Hybrid Theory" album if they're ready to move on. If I'm not mistaken when they were making Minutes to Midnight, Mike Shinoda said that it wasn't gong to be another Hybrid Theory III.

Just because Linkin Park want to make sounds that are totally different from what made them famous; I don't see how that make them sellouts? They can't please everyone and shouldn't have to keep making music that they aren't feeling anymore or have no desire to do.
    Figo
    edited December 2010
    traditional rock? you call doing corny ass poppy electro/sythesiser music traditional rock? well them trying to "expand" their fan base just alienated a large portion of their original fans. pure and simple, if you dont agree with that then we are just gonna have to disagree because I am a part of their original fanbase and they lost me. I cant fuck with they new shit at all except for New Divide and that single they put out for the last album which was just ok, other than that I aint been able to fuck with them since Meteora.

i guess so, i can understand them wanting to change their sound but i just cant call it selling out, i do wish they didnt tho..
  • weezyfgarbageweezyfgarbage Posts: 1,673
    edited December 2010
    good thread, hybrid theory was my shit for a good year lol
  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    from this thread i guess it wasnt just me but alot of niggaz fucked wit HT i never even listened to rock b4 this CD and i liked every song on that cd.

unfortunately i never listened to them again or the genre, the last time i saw a vid they were on some u2 shit....oh well HT iz a classic!
  • Bussy_Getta Bussy_Getta STFUPosts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    GOAT rock album
    Figocainvelasquezdontdiedontkillanyon
  • satyronesatyrone Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    yea their first 2 albums are dope. not really feeling their newest shit now.
    celica_zpslcitpdd4.jpg
    edited October 2011
    bump, cuz i was listening to it...
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    respect, Hybrid Theory and Meteroa were great

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

• Pun1sherPun1sher Posts: 424
    edited October 2011
    Only White people listen to that shit.
    infamous114MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14cannonspike1994
    edited October 2011
    typical nigga response.
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    typical nigga response.

pshht ...if you ignore him, he'll go away

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

• Pun1sherPun1sher Posts: 424
    edited October 2011
    pshht ...if you ignore him, he'll go away

Eh, Grip knows I will NEVER go away. And even if he does ignore me, I'll still be his worst nightmare, dragging him all up and down the IC like I used to do.
    infamous114
    edited October 2011
    Pun1sher wrote: »
    Eh, Grip knows I will NEVER go away. And even if he does ignore me, I'll still be his worst nightmare, dragging him all up and down the IC like I used to do.

lol @ this fabricated troll attempt

boring friday for u too huh
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 32,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump for the 12 year anniversary
    Spodee-Revenge

Iamsu!-Compound

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

Yall want a thug or a black militant repping your culture but 90% of you had a life too good or privileged to relate to your ideal hip hop "legend". Niggas wanna be hard without being that hard themselves as compensation
    please don't argue, cuz if u say sum stupid i will question it and u will act like a victim, happens every time lol
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title? Posts: 29,006 Regulator
    2001 great year in rock... Staind, Linkin park... shit fell off

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 48,905 Regulator
    Punisher gotta be one of the WOAT posters. A Mariah Carey stan...
    tumblr_oqf7jvQVoh1tnaufeo2_540.jpg
    tumblr_onj2y2VMMA1sc0ffqo4_540.gif
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Posts: 32,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    2001 great year in rock... Staind, Linkin park... shit fell off
    yea it did, you can find gems if u search tho
    Spodee-Revenge

Iamsu!-Compound

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

Yall want a thug or a black militant repping your culture but 90% of you had a life too good or privileged to relate to your ideal hip hop "legend". Niggas wanna be hard without being that hard themselves as compensation
    please don't argue, cuz if u say sum stupid i will question it and u will act like a victim, happens every time lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    I just saw them a few months ago and they still got that live performance on lock. Their new album is also pretty good compared to the last 2 albums.

559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
  • dallas' 4 evadallas' 4 eva Dallas Cowboys 2016 NFC EAST CHAMPS Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Album was the shit, Meteora too.
    193104-dallas-cowboys-758-x-140-banner-cowboys.jpg
    Vader_F_Kennedy
  • cainvelasquezcainvelasquez Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOAT rock album

Oh dear god.