If ALL These rappers are "Fake", which ones are "Real"?

Replies

• hrap-120hrap-120 Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    4841980610_3c3cd8987c.jpg
    Toy Drive

A Blood drive and food/clothing drive for the people affected by the earthquake in Haiti

Anti-violence movement for Miami

2007 Back 2 school Drive

3rd annual Be Out Day stressing the importance of education and giving children in the community school supplies, shoes and haircuts.

4838683973_a625325b25.jpg
    School Supplies

If Rick Ross is playing Tony Montana 24/7 when does he have this much time to give back to the community...why did he have time to help the people in Haiti??

Please explain how he did this "24/7" without the use of a time-machine.
  • BellicoseGarveyBellicoseGarvey Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Toy Drive

A Blood drive and food/clothing drive for the people affected by the earthquake in Haiti

2007 Back 2 school Drive

3rd annual Be Out Day stressing the importance of education and giving children in the community school supplies, shoes and haircuts.

School Supplies

If Rick Ross is playing Tony Montana 24/7 when does he have this much time to give back to the community...why did he have time to help the people in Haiti??

Tax write-offs....Hallelujah!! lol
  • jonathandjonathand Posts: 3,144
    edited August 2010
    Toy Drive

2007 Back 2 school Drive

School Supplies

I Rick Ross is playing Tony Montana 24/7 when does he have this much time to give back to the community...why did he have time to help the people in Haiti??

Ross doesn't spit about "black uplifting' on music so obviously he doesn't do it. That's the logic up here. You can be labeled a man for "black progression" without even physically doing anything to prove it. Just rap about it and your the modern day Marcus Garvey.
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,571 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    That just proved that Ross aint taking his music character into real life. Let them ask him at any time during those events if he was a drug kingpin and he would tell us YES. I'm disappointed I was expecting something better from you h rap.
  • MasterALFrankMasterALFrank product of my environment bitch country.Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    This Hip Hop vs. Rap war will go on & on
    edited August 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    That just proved that Ross aint taking his music character into real life. Let them ask him at any time during those events if he was a drug kingpin and he would tell us YES. I'm disappointed I was expecting something better from you h rap.

I'm confused. Isn't this a GOOD thing???
    edited August 2010
    That is sarcasm. if he is doing those things that is certainly commendable but he rather tell us how much of a boss he is and bigging up Big Meech, than say I donated to such and such and do such and such in my community.
  • SCRATCHOFFSCRATCHOFF Posts: 688
    edited August 2010
    efff being real.. make good music..
  • JuliusJulius Posts: 216
    edited August 2010
    SCRATCHOFF wrote: »

lol @ this logic
  • MasterALFrankMasterALFrank product of my environment bitch country.Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    SCRATCHOFF wrote: »

Whats your definition of good music????????????
  • rogueelementrogueelement Posts: 49
    edited August 2010
    "efff being real.. make good music.. "

- the mindset of every major label artist to date.
    edited August 2010
    That is sarcasm. if he is doing those things that is certainly commendable but he rather tell us how much of a boss he is and bigging up Big Meech, than say I donated to such and such and do such and such in my community.

Then people would say by him mentioning it, it was a "publicity stunt". Come on Jamacia. You seem like one of the smart few that realize this music is nothing but pure entertainment. Nothing more...
    edited August 2010
    Yall dont like ross or gucci for them as an artist you like the fact that they are paid...tell the truth
    edited August 2010
    jonathand wrote: »
    Then people would say by him mentioning it, it was a "publicity stunt". Come on Jamacia. You seem like one of the smart few that realize this music is nothing but pure entertainment. Nothing more...

Like someone earlier saying it was a tax write off. But the underlining issue is that people would hear ignorance and it sells and besides it goes against his gimmick. Afterall he is supposed to be a drug lord from Miami.
    edited August 2010
    ice_cold wrote: »
    Yall dont like ross or gucci for them as an artist you like the fact that they are paid...tell the truth

Classic....
    edited August 2010
    cool .
    Im not finished, you said the man plays Tony Montana 24/7

iuoiopi.jpg

^^^Two fat dudes talkin' about eating lemon-pepper wings at Wingstop..far from kingpin status

^^^^A man that dosent take him self as serious as some other people do

rickrosstrinabackpacks_opt.jpg
    Tony Montana handing out clothes and backpacks?? I missed that part of the movie.

A fat nicca high as fuck drinking Kool-Aid in a wife-beater

24/7???
    edited August 2010
    Classic....

cuz its true right?
    edited August 2010
    Now show me the interview during those events where he is denouncing his gimmick he created in his music.
    edited August 2010
    ice_cold wrote: »

Guilty as charged. It's not that they suck as rappers but because they are getting paid, you figured it out.
    edited August 2010
    Ross doesn't spit about "black uplifting' on music so obviously he doesn't do it. That's the logic up here. You can be labeled a man for "black progression" without even physically doing anything to prove it. Just rap about it and your the modern day Marcus Garvey.

I dont give a damn what a man raps about on a record Im more concerned with what a man gives back to his community and Black people in general.

You can spit that black upfliting shit all day long, but the people in the hospitals in Haiti need blood not 16 bars lil homie.
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    Tax write-offs....Hallelujah!! lol

Just because you look stupid dosent mean you actually have to pretend to be.

You dont get a tax write-off for donating Blood
    You dont get a tax write-off at a Toy drive
    You dont get a tax write off for giving kids free hair-cuts to go back to school

And you dont get a tax write-off for doing free concerts in the community.

I bet you listen to liL B....I can tell.

They didnt ask him corny shit like that, they asked him to tell the kids about the importance of education and why they should stay in school.
    he also spoke on violence and other issues that effect our community.

I dont have to come with anything better, because there is NOTHING better than a man who gives back and gives BLACK.
    edited August 2010
    Like someone earlier saying it was a tax write off. But the underlining issue is that people would hear ignorance and it sells and besides it goes against his gimmick. Afterall he is supposed to be a drug lord from Miami.

The buffoon that said a tax-write off is clearly ignorant and illiterate, by referencing him you look foolish.

There is no gimmick, there is only music that entertains the listener if you were fooled into believing different then the joke is on you.
    edited August 2010
    Now show me the interview during those events where he is denouncing his gimmick he created in his music.

Wrong answer.

Show me where he portrayed himself to be "Tony Montana" as you alleged he does 24/7.
    edited August 2010
    I didnt know lying in songs was hot now fuck the truth then...
    edited August 2010
    The buffoon that said a tax-write off is clearly ignorant and illiterate, by referencing him you look foolish.

There is no gimmick, there is only music that entertains the listener if you were fooled into believing different then the joke is on you.

No I used him as an example of a certain ignorance I wasn't co signing him at all.

H Rap there are fans that take it for what it is then there are those that hang on to these rappers every word. Those are the fans that fuck it up for the sensible ones.
    edited August 2010
    Wrong answer.

Show me where he portrayed himself to be "Tony Montana" as you alleged he does 24/7.

You must have misinterpreted what I said. I said for example if I claimed to be Tony Montana all the time. I didn't use Montana to correlate with Rick Ross.