What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

what makes you listen to new artists?

aaeceoaaeceo Posts: 16
edited August 2010 in The Reason
what up ill family.

what makes ya'll listen to a new artist...is it the hype or buzz...mixtapes...bet? lol. like i was yr. behind finally listening to drake since everyone kept mentioning him around me.

Replies

  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I don't do hype and i think mixtapes are a waste of music and water downs hiphop. For me it's just show you can make songs and have some presence to you, too many of these rappers coming up are all punchlines and aint rapping about shit. The content aint that important to me, you could be rapping about cocaine or Mandella, just make it dope.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
  • DecksterDeckster Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    mixtapes................
  • chonesseychonessey Posts: 21
    edited August 2010
    Some new artists stand the test of time and continually make appearances in places that I check... I'll be honest, I don't give new artists a chance very often. There are too many these days and most are trash..
  • NeslomNeslom Posts: 431
    edited August 2010
    If someone recommend a new artist I'll listen or if the artist is on a feature I might check him/her
  • MrJRMrJR Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    i find new artist when i turn my channel to mtv jams thats how i found out this Big Krit was good.Other than that i aint going looking for no artist or hearing any shit that these niggas be bragging about
    Sometimes I wish I could be my own daddy
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I'll have to admit I've been introduced to some good artistes recommended on The IC...
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

    bb135e64-2d54-4043-bf52-fd6c7197fcd3_zps05c66c47_-_Copy_-_Copy.jpg
  • aaeceoaaeceo Posts: 16
    edited August 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I don't do hype and i think mixtapes are a waste of music and water downs hiphop. For me it's just show you can make songs and have some presence to you, too many of these rappers coming up are all punchlines and aint rapping about shit. The content aint that important to me, you could be rapping about cocaine or Mandella, just make it dope.

    now see, thats the first response i seen anywhere that is exactly how i feel. thats why my fave artists are those like budden, drake (not the singing songs lol) ti etc. artists that get personal in their music, you can relate other then going to the club and listening to those "club" songs.

    like this song, about when your back is against the wall...all ya problems right in front of you!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_2168075
  • aaeceoaaeceo Posts: 16
    edited August 2010
    MrJR wrote: »
    i find new artist when i turn my channel to mtv jams thats how i found out this Big Krit was good.Other than that i aint going looking for no artist or hearing any shit that these niggas be bragging about

    thats another new answer i have seen. mtv jams does break alot of new music, and 106 & park. even though on there, it be late as hell..cuz in the south here in texas we heard it months before it got there.
  • aaeceoaaeceo Posts: 16
    edited August 2010
    chonessey wrote: »
    Some new artists stand the test of time and continually make appearances in places that I check... I'll be honest, I don't give new artists a chance very often. There are too many these days and most are trash..

    true indeed
  • aaeceoaaeceo Posts: 16
    edited August 2010
    it's like that in atlanta 2. ppl say atlanta shit only be a short lil fad but datz bullshit. folkz was doin the pool palace YEARS before lean w/ it, rock wit it came out. by the time it got to tv, tha shit was old in atlanta.

    exactly. just shows how powerful a local or regional buzz is..the media is always late with the streets lol
Sign In or Register to comment.