used to be 18, at what age do you think these NEW AGE kids gone move out

Replies

• freshfromatlfreshfromatl Posts: 559
    edited November 2010
    But for the sake of the convo. I left home at 24. By this age, I'd graduated from college (undergrad) and had been working for a while. I enrolled in Grad School (Online) and Worked full-time through the day (8:00-4:30). Was able to move into a nice neighborhood. Haven't looked back since.
  • freshfromatlfreshfromatl Posts: 559
    edited November 2010
    kevmic wrote: »
    That's what's wrong with society now. Everyone is too soft to tough it out on their own. There is no such thing as moving out comfortably, these baby soft teenagers and early 20 somethings think that it should be a smooth easy transition from momma's tit to your own place. Figure that shit out on your own. If you got yourself a 9-5 square job like Mcdonalds or somethng, stack your paper, and live within your means. Thense new niggas wanna have their own spot, and still be able to drink smoke, and buy new jordans every month. Shit don't work like that. Which is why lil niggas are too scared to move out. It has shit to do with the economy. Unless you living in 3rd Ward or Detroit or some shit like that, you can figure it out like any other adult living on their own.

The most ignorant shit I've ever read on the IC. SMH @ your kids ending up homeless. This nigga just said get you a 9-5 square job working at McDonalds and you'll be alright LMFAO!
  • SurveyorSurveyor Posts: 49
    edited November 2010
    If my kids are staying with me past 18 years old they better be either in college or working. No other choices or they can move in with their friends and be a lazy bum over there.
  • MERYLISBACKMERYLISBACK Posts: 2,003
    edited November 2010
    THIS is whats wrong with black poeple smh
    i live at home
    and damn glad i didnt move out like most dumb niggas

black people are predictable
    let me go through typical nigga bitch shit

nigga bitch #1 goes to college, gets pregnant 2-3rd year, drops out, STRUGGLES
    nigga bitch #2 moves out following hs, goes straight to work and /or some community college, gets a regulare wage job, struggles OR does HALF decent WITH a man

white nigga bitch #1 go to college, gets fucking wasted every night, has an abortion, GRADUATES!
    white nigga bitch #2 STAYS homes and works and/or go to a CC, STACKS THAT CHEESE, buys a HOME!

its common knowledge im a realtor and time after time in real life and on tv shows i encounter black people who aint got 2 pennies to rub together for a down payment while white people STAY home with their parents as long as they can and have 10s of thousands of dollars to buy down their loan

BAUCE shit!

im not moving out until i can buy a house, whats the point of me renting???
    ALL of my friends that moved out directly after hs are either BACK home or struggling like shit
    if u got a good daughter that can respect ur rules, KEEP HER
    dont make her move out before her potential is reached

anyhow i moved out i would be working whatever job i culd get in order to keep a roof over my head, the pressure that causes would have made it impossible to reach the pinnacles i have already made

this is no diss to u, but how i see the black community is losing
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking Posts: 14,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    THIS is whats wrong with black poeple smh
    i live at home
    and damn glad i didnt move out like most dumb niggas

black people are predictable
    let me go through typical nigga bitch shit

nigga bitch #1 goes to college, gets pregnant 2-3rd year, drops out, STRUGGLES
    nigga bitch #2 moves out following hs, goes straight to work and /or some community college, gets a regulare wage job, struggles OR does HALF decent WITH a man

white nigga bitch #1 go to college, gets fucking wasted every night, has an abortion, GRADUATES!
    white nigga bitch #2 STAYS homes and works and/or go to a CC, STACKS THAT CHEESE, buys a HOME!

its common knowledge im a realtor and time after time in real life and on tv shows i encounter black people who aint got 2 pennies to rub together for a down payment while white people STAY home with their parents as long as they can and have 10s of thousands of dollars to buy down their loan

BAUCE shit!

im not moving out until i can buy a house, whats the point of me renting???
    ALL of my friends that moved out directly after hs are either BACK home or struggling like shit
    if u got a good daughter that can respect ur rules, KEEP HER
    dont make her move out before her potential is reached

anyhow i moved out i would be working whatever job i culd get in order to keep a roof over my head, the pressure that causes would have made it impossible to reach the pinnacles i have already made

this is no diss to u, but how i see the black community is losing

so Meryl you out here cooning now?

as a parent you can help your child, but fugg all that staying at home shit

what you think my daughter gon be allowed to have random negros in my house and shit? hell naw

betta get right early shorty LOL
    edited November 2010
    so Meryl you out here cooning now?

as a parent you can help your child, but fugg all that staying at home shit

what you think my daughter gon be allowed to have random negros in my house and shit? hell naw

betta get right early shorty LOL

coning?
    watch ur mouth

and a nigga has NEVER been in my house, ever
    or will be

if i fuck, im lowkey with it

no disrespect comes to my parents
    because i appreciate them allowing me to reach my full potential
    maybe its just me, but struggling does not seem cool to me
    take my situation

i got my real estate license in hs,08
    knew it was my passion since 05
    went to a CC for 2 year
    all the while selling real estate
    MIND YOU THE FUCKING ECONOMY SUCKS!

there is no way i could have lived decent on real estate money because it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sparatic
    i ONLY get paid if i sell!

BUT since my people let me stay home i got to mold my craft, now im running a neighborhood, and getting my builders license

there is NO way i could have done this if i lived on my own

i would have settled for a 8-10 dollar an hr job (because thats what my education afforded)
    and been living check to check.
    and when i lost that job (because the ECONOMY sucks) i would have been kicked the fuck out of my apartment
    BECAUSE UNEMPLOYMENT DOESNT PAY FOR SHIT

then u woulda seen me make a thread saying im joining the army!

i would never be able to become a mogul doing that

so miss me with that cooning shit

black peolpe to fucking stupid to think about they kids
    rather let them live lavish from birth-18 and make them fend for themselves there after

im not going hard on u per say, just niggas who ridicule
  • BOSSExcellenceBOSSExcellence all these dollars.. no sense. Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    coning?
    watch ur mouth

or will be

take my situation

went to a CC for 2 year

there is no way i could have lived decent on real estate money because it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sparatic

BUT since my people let me stay home i got to mold my craft, now im running a neighborhood, and getting my builders license

i would have settled for a 8-10 dollar an hr job (because thats what my education afforded)
    and when i lost that job (because the ECONOMY sucks) i would have been kicked the fuck out of my apartment

rather let them live lavish from birth-18 and make them fend for themselves there after

i totally agree with the bolded..
    if u go kick them out at 18 then u should be preppin them for the real world at 14...

and since thats impractical so should be kickin ur kid out at 18..
    like i previously stated.. i dont believe a person's ready at 8TEEN.. they still kids..
    edited November 2010
    CapitalB wrote: »
    i totally agree with the bolded..
    if u go kick them out at 18 then u should be preppin them for the real world at 14...

and since thats impractical so should be kickin ur kid out at 18..
    like i previously stated.. i dont believe a person's ready at 8TEEN.. they still kids..
    hell yea!
    unless u got a kid that think they grown!

take my sister, the lil bitch bad

been to juvie twice, snuck a nigga in the house (he left looking like the episode of martin when he was bosing smh), always fucking up, yet a super smart girl

her ass gon be leaving the second she graduates, head to the university

she dumb enough to get pregnant, and smart enough to abort
    but she gets attached to niggas quickly so she may just end up another nigga bitch statistic
    edited November 2010
    coning?
    watch ur mouth

or will be

take my situation

went to a CC for 2 year

but you are cooning by bigging up white folks by default

on some real shit, different kids need different things

most parents ain't even giving their child riches before 18, most get the bare minimum.............myself included

the most valuable thing you can do is educate your child and set them on an entrepreneurial way early, which it seems like your parents already did for you

you would still be able to do the same things you are doing on ya own if you had to, it's just easier cause your parents letting you chill

that also explains why you seem so sexually repressed haha
    edited November 2010
    but you are cooning by bigging up white folks by default

that also explains why you seem so sexually repressed haha

on some real shit, different kids need different things

most parents ain't even giving their child riches before 18, most get the bare minimum.............myself included

the most valuable thing you can do is educate your child and set them on an entrepreneurial way early, which it seems like your parents already did for you

you would still be able to do the same things you are doing on ya own if you had to, it's just easier cause your parents letting you chill

bigging up white people??
    bruh im speaking the truth!
    they DO this shit
    im not saying they better, im saying we need to take a page from their book
    and if u had it hard, whhy wouldnt u let ur daughter stay?
    and i WORK MY ASS OFF
    i dont pay them niggas shit to live home, but with the money i do make i stack, to the point that when i DO move, they wont have to see me in there again
    kids leaving prematurely lose that ability
    i know every kid is not like me,
    becasue most kids have in their mind that 18 is grown, so they r not willing to make the sacrifices i make
    but if urs is, then they shuld be good

and i need to get fucked like yesterday!
    i got an amazing offer from an ex today, but im really trying to stay focused and not let sex take over my mind
    its fucking hard
    sad face
  • numbaz...80's babynumbaz...80's baby Posts: 24,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    i think 25 should be the cut off..
    i moved out at 20.. wanted to at 19 but moms said i needed to save a lil more..

when i have kids and they hit 18 if they aint gone and off to college they go get a job.. and im'a charge them rent..
    but im'a save their rent and when they hit 25 give it all back for them to get started with life as adults..

u may be legally an adult at 18 but mentally ur not..
    and no way am i throwin my kids in the real world ill prepared..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    edited November 2010

bigging up white people??
    bruh im speaking the truth!
    they DO this shit
    im not saying they better, im saying we need to take a page from their book
    and if u had it hard, whhy wouldnt u let ur daughter stay?
    and i WORK MY ASS OFF
    i dont pay them niggas shit to live home, but with the money i do make i stack, to the point that when i DO move, they wont have to see me in there again
    kids leaving prematurely lose that ability
    i know every kid is not like me,
    becasue most kids have in their mind that 18 is grown, so they r not willing to make the sacrifices i make
    but if urs is, then they shuld be good

and i need to get fucked like yesterday!
    i got an amazing offer from an ex today, but im really trying to stay focused and not let sex take over my mind
    its fucking hard
    sad face

@ bolded #1: I wouldn't let her stay unless she needed too...............she will have college paid for one way or the other, so she gots to get out

my argument is the values and skills you are teaching your kids are more important than just letting them live at home on the cheap

too many people living at home with a plan forget that their plans only come together because of their own discipline and work.................you could easily backslide and lose even with the extra advantage of staying at home

@ bolded #2: I'm just going to leave that subliminal sexual innuendo right where it is...............you already know what I'm thinking :)
    edited November 2010
    @ bolded #1: I wouldn't let her stay unless she needed too...............she will have college paid for one way or the other, so she gots to get out

my argument is the values and skills you are teaching your kids are more important than just letting them live at home on the cheap

too many people living at home with a plan forget that their plans only come together because of their own discipline and work.................you could easily backslide and lose even with the extra advantage of staying at home

@ bolded #2: I'm just going to leave that subliminal sexual innuendo right where it is...............you already know what I'm thinking :)

i totally agree!
    if u got a lazy bum, KICK them out
    my thing is for people who really have a plan
    my plan has always been to utilize my parents until i can securely stand on my own

and o lawdie! lmfao i can gather what u are thinking lol
    edited November 2010
    i totally agree!
    if u got a lazy bum, KICK them out
    my thing is for people who really have a plan
    my plan has always been to utilize my parents until i can securely stand on my own

and o lawdie! lmfao i can gather what u are thinking lol

yep something just tawdry and perverted

but I'm going to be a good boy this year:)

maybe another time I can be a bad boy with you on the low;)
  • aquarius239aquarius239 Posts: 15
    edited November 2010
    i think 25 should be the cut off..
    i moved out at 20.. wanted to at 19 but moms said i needed to save a lil more..

when i have kids and they hit 18 if they aint gone and off to college they go get a job.. and im'a charge them rent..
    but im'a save their rent and when they hit 25 give it all back for them to get started with life as adults..

u may be legally an adult at 18 but mentally ur not..
    and no way am i throwin my kids in the real world ill prepared..

we need more parents to think like that..
    edited November 2010
    yep something just tawdry and perverted

but I'm going to be a good boy this year:)

maybe another time I can be a bad boy with you on the low;)

hopefully 2011 i my year for extreme fucking
    i doubt it
  • So ILLSo ILL Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    mrballs wrote: »
    All u guys saying move out at 18, 24 or watever.....how about moving out once your paper is right and u can afford to move out for good??? Aint nothing like the sucker loser feeling one must have to move out before they ready, only to have no choice but come back to they momma house. Dudes gon end up on the side of the road flippin homo tricks just so they can continue to live on they own. Fuck what society says: get your paper up first, then bounce.

This is real shit right here.....I'm not trying to be at the crib when I'm 30, though....lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2010
  • babafryobabafryo Posts: 668
    edited November 2010
    i would let my daughter stay FOREVER. my son could be gone by 16, depends on trust at that point.
  • babafryobabafryo Posts: 668
    edited November 2010
    16? damn thats cutthroat

i expect him to be working at 13, even if its at church doing parking or sunday school assistance, by 16 he should have a legit job and i'll co-sign
  • f.cashflow99f.cashflow99 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    i moved out but i miss the home cooked meals, so i was back asap (no im not a fat nigga)