Kendrick Lamar > J. Cole

Replies

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, J. Cole is a talented artist but his shit really just isn't appealing. Some of the craziest shit I heard multiple times was dudes trying to compare Cole to the great Nasir. Thats really what put the bitter taste in my mouth. Thats when I realized a lot of his fans are delusional.

and what's so appealing about Kendrick, J Cole has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more commercial appeal that that dude and i actually think Kendrick is dope. I don't really ever see dude popping off like that, he will have a Devin the Dude type career.
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I heard a few joints from Kendrick Lamar that I liked, but dude won't make it
  • KameKame Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I'm really starting to feel like niggas try not to fuck with Cole or discredit him because he fucks with Hov

Its not that, its just that Cole stans are quickly becoming the new Em stans in terms of their opinion of him.
    Think of it like that.
    edited December 2010
    Ignore shit like that homie, extremism like that just doesnt have to be taken seriously cuz....rise above that shit

In the meanwhile bump both those niggas coz they go hella hard. Hip Hop is goin far.

I try homie... I try

I have seen the seeds though, shit will grow in the next year
    Soon well get a ColeTeam on the IC
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    and what's so appealing about Kendrick, J Cole has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more commercial appeal that that dude and i actually think Kendrick is dope. I don't really ever see dude popping off like that, he will have a Devin the Dude type career.

And anyone could have said that about Cole 2 years ago. I'm not saying Kendrick will be Drake but he can build a strong following. He's raw.
    edited December 2010
    Its not that, its just that Cole stans are quickly becoming the new Em stans in terms of their opinion of him.
    Think of it like that.

Plus I was just talking about this in another thread

I just don't see why there is SOOOO MUCH hate for the nigga Cole. A nigga of his caliber coming out the South is more than something to be excited about. Niggas need to just let niggas be excited, they will cool down once Cole's name is set in the game
    edited December 2010
    I just don't see why there is SOOOO MUCH hate for the nigga Cole. A nigga of his caliber coming out the South is more than something to be excited about. Niggas need to just let niggas be excited, they will cool down once Cole's name is set in the game

I dont hate the nigga, I love his music, and im excited for his future

I just hate his idiotic, overly defensive fans.
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Off of that one song, I agree that Kendrick guy is way better than J. Cole. Way better. He actually has content in his rhymes. .... I have to hear multiple songs aka a mixtape before I'm 100% sure though.
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Oh its nothing, it was just the way you answered the question, it was very... absolute
    I m a fan of Cole, but I get that same response from a alot of girls I talk to concerning cole.

You talk to a lot of intelligent girls.
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I'm still tryna figure out who the fuck *looks at threads title*kendrick lamar is
    edited December 2010

Its just they act like he's absolutely the only talented new artist coming out like Big K.R.I.T. shit wasn't hotter than any of J. Cole's shit. Some times you gotta take people back to Earth.

When I say J. Cole ain't the 2nd coming of Nas thats not hating, thats telling the truth.
  • Hollywood_ColeHollywood_Cole Posts: 80
    edited December 2010
    I try homie... I try

I have seen the seeds though, shit will grow in the next year
    Soon well get ColeTeam on the IC

I see it too and its a shame for me specially..

Eminem my fav of all time and Cole my fav up and comer in the last couple of years so im stuck with all these Stans running the show on the IC making my niggas look bad.....smdh

fuck it, just let the music do the talkin i guess
    edited December 2010
    You talk to a lot of intelligent girls. Good for you

Even if a girl told me that he was the best rapper alive, and going crazy when I asked her how...
    This is truth im telling you here.

PS Im a fan, so dont got nuts on me

PSS OHH you from NC?? Now I get it loll, kk its all good
    edited December 2010
    Its just they act like he's absolutely the only talented new artist coming out like Big K.R.I.T. shit wasn't hotter than any of J. Cole's shit. Some times you gotta take people back to Earth.

When I say J. Cole ain't the 2nd coming of Nas thats not hating, thats telling the truth.

J. Cole is one of the niggas who will bring the new breed of talent to the mainstream. Big KRIT, Gibbs, Dom, and all them niggas are nice, but they never gonna make it.
    edited December 2010
    Even if a girl told me that he was the best rapper alive, and going crazy when I asked her how...
    This is truth im telling you here.

Reread this and rewrite it
    edited December 2010

Insecure nigga post here, why you threatened about Nas spot. Man please, J Cole is more Pac than he is Nas anyways.
    edited December 2010
    whats wrong with it

ohh my bad i meant to switch best rapper alive... with best rapper EVER

no joke, i swear this was a serious conversation
    edited December 2010
    J. Cole is one of the niggas who will bring the new breed of talent to the mainstream. Big KRIT, Gibbs, Dom, and all them niggas are nice, but they never gonna make it.

Why can't they?????? Who HONESTLY thought Cole would make it when they first heard The Come Up?? Did yall really feel like Drake was gonna make it when you heard Room For Improvement for the first time? For those of yall who are heads and don't find out about artists super late.

Anyone can shine in this game b.
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

Cosign. They overrate Cole way too much. To me, Elzhi, Curren$y, Wale, Jay Elect, Blu are all better than Cole.
    edited December 2010
    Reread this and rewrite it

lol done, so can you understand my frustration?
    edited December 2010
    Cosign. They overrate Cole way too much. To me, Elzhi, Curren$y, Wale, Jay Elect, Blu are all better than Cole.

I agree with you on every single one of these artists.
    edited December 2010

I listen to all those niggas, but none of them have the ability to make songs like J Cole and have the appeal like him. J Cole has the underground rapper sensibilities and mainstream appeal, well Wale has some mainstream appeal but he aint nowhere as nice as Cole as seen by their collabos.
    edited December 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Insecure nigga post here, why you threatened about Nas spot. Man please, J Cole is more Pac than he is Nas anyways.

He's no Nas or Pac. Never will be. I'm not threatened. I'm just irritated that there are a lot of other new artists who are more unique and less "generic" than J. Cole out there and he's the only one really gettin love. Oh and Wiz Khalifa.. and I don't think he can rap.

I'm happy for Drake's success. But the decline in quality is obviously there.
    edited December 2010
    lol done, so can you understand my frustration?

got ya .
    edited December 2010
    Bottom line they both dope, and kendrick is just getting discovered so you might wanna give him some time... Cole stans are just gonna throw a fit.