Kendrick Lamar > J. Cole

135

Replies

  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    NC Stand Up!
  • boomboom Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    knew this was gonna come up...


    NO... lamar isn't better than J. Cole ... lamar doesn't have the power to bring anything back by himself.. j. cole has brought back "THE REAL" .. he's been the leader of a new group ushering in individuality.. Lamar wouldn't of been able to do that.. J. Cole is a better lyricist because he gets straight to the point and spits in a way niggas can actually feel... Lamar is just a hot spitter.. 10 years from now J. Cole will arguably be the GOAT .. Lamar won't..
  • MonizzleMonizzle Posts: 1,666
    edited December 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I listen to all those niggas, but none of them have the ability to make songs like J Cole and have the appeal like him. J Cole has the underground rapper sensibilities and mainstream appeal, well Wale has some mainstream appeal but he aint nowhere as nice as Cole as seen by their collabos.

    and to add on to this j. cole keeps pumping out mixtape after mixtape after mixtape since 2008-2009. Jay Elect is mad ill but that nigga but he dont come out with any material hardly. And the other guys mentioned like wale (who down with rick false now wtf) don't have a crack at making it in the music biz other than underground. This nigga cole keeps coming harder and harder with each mixtape hes got the college degree and a huge college crowd of niggas like me who are trying to get 4 years of schooling to get a diploma despite statistics saying i shold be dead or in jail.
  • boomboom Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    J. Cole the hottest nigga in the game right now..
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Those two got a track together coming soon anyway so...

    we'll see whats up lol
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    boom wrote: »
    knew this was gonna come up...


    NO... lamar isn't better than J. Cole ... lamar doesn't have the power to bring anything back by himself.. j. cole has brought back "THE REAL" .. he's been the leader of a new group ushering in individuality.. Lamar wouldn't of been able to do that.. J. Cole is a better lyricist because he gets straight to the point and spits in a way niggas can actually feel... Lamar is just a hot spitter.. 10 years from now J. Cole will arguably be the GOAT .. Lamar won't..

    lol what the fuck is so individual about what j. cole doing??? He talkin bout college, life, relationships?? Alright cool. But when you say individuality I'm thinkin Cee-Lo, Outkast, Lupe, etc..

    Wale and Drake been rapped about the same shit Cole rapping about BEFORE him. I swear yall kill me with this shit... arguably GOAT??? Oh lord....
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    He's no Nas or Pac. Never will be. I'm not threatened. I'm just irritated that there are a lot of other new artists who are more unique and less "generic" than J. Cole out there and he's the only one really gettin love. Oh and Wiz Khalifa.. and I don't think he can rap.

    I'm happy for Drake's success. But the decline in quality is obviously there.


    Did i say he was, nope but his music is more reflective of Pac (socially conscious, make alot of positive music towards black women, knows how to balance party and social music). Maybe you should be salty those other niggas aint making music that is connecting to people on the larger scale, it's some bitch like shit to hate on the man who is bringing something positive to this rap shit in the game with niggas like Gucci, Wacka,etc and be salty because you feel whomever (Kendric, Blu,etc) deserve it. You acting like the man hasn't paid his dues.


    Don't be mad at Cole, be mad at them niggas you like for not making the right type of music or not getting themselves out there enough. The same J Cole your ass is hating on, is the same one who just called up Kendrick Lamaar for a collabo and talks about how dope dude is, and J Cole don't even fuck with niggas other than Fashawn and Wale.
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Did i say he was, nope but his music is more reflective of Pac (socially conscious, make alot of positive music towards black women, knows how to balance party and social music). Maybe you should be salty those other niggas aint making music that is connecting to people on the larger scale, it's some bitch like shit to hate on the man who is bringing something positive to this rap shit in the game with niggas like Gucci, Wacka,etc and be salty because you feel whomever (Kendric, Blu,etc) deserve it. You acting like the man hasn't paid his dues.


    Don't be mad at Cole, be mad at them niggas you like for not making the right type of music or not getting themselves out there enough. The same J Cole your ass is hating on, is the same one who just called up Kendrick Lamaar for a collabo and talks about how dope dude is, and J Cole don't even fuck with niggas other than Fashawn and Wale.

    he just in the studio with big sean and cyhi too........
  • boomboom Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    lol what the fuck is so individual about what j. cole doing??? He talkin bout college, life, relationships?? Alright cool. But when you say individuality I'm thinkin Cee-Lo, Outkast, Lupe, etc..

    Wale and Drake been rapped about the same shit Cole rapping about BEFORE him. I swear yall kill me with this shit... arguably GOAT??? Oh lord....




    what you not understandin... Wale and Drake aren't "Voices" ... J. Cole is a "Voice" for the people like Pac was... the niggas in the struggle to the niggas with degrees feel this nigga... Wale doesn't have that appeal.. and he aint light skinned lol... and Drake will always be looked at in a lesser light because he sings and is too materialistic w/ his raps... J. Cole has a Nas "Illmatic" buzz right now.. Cole World is being waited on by the masses..
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Did i say he was, nope but his music is more reflective of Pac (socially conscious, make alot of positive music towards black women, knows how to balance party and social music). Maybe you should be salty those other niggas aint making music that is connecting to people on the larger scale, it's some bitch like shit to hate on the man who is bringing something positive to this rap shit in the game with niggas like Gucci, Wacka,etc and be salty because you feel whomever (Kendric, Blu,etc) deserve it. You acting like the man hasn't paid his dues.


    Don't be mad at Cole, be mad at them niggas you like for not making the right type of music or not getting themselves out there enough. The same J Cole your ass is hating on, is the same one who just called up Kendrick Lamaar for a collabo and talks about how dope dude is, and J Cole don't even fuck with niggas other than Fashawn and Wale.

    Why would I be mad at them for making shit I think is hotter and more creative??? I know they're doing a collabo. I have no hate for J. Cole. He good. More so his fans and I SWEAR its because he has the platform to put his shit out on. How can Elzhi or Big K.R.I.T. connect when they not even heard?
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    boom wrote: »
    what you not understandin... Wale and drake aren't "voices" ... J. Cole is a "voice" for the people like pac was... The niggas in the struggle to the niggas with degrees feel this nigga... Wale doesn't have that appeal.. And he aint light skinned lol... And drake will always be looked at in a lesser light because he sings and is too materialistic w/ his raps... j. Cole has a nas "illmatic" buzz right now.. Cole world is being waited on by the masses..

    see this type of shit.
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Man you fans gotta know that most of the reason hes gonna blow up on a commercial level is because he tall and lightskinned right? That half the college girls on my facebook have his picture as their avi right?
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    He got skills no doubt, but thats mainly the reason
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    boom wrote: »
    knew this was gonna come up...


    NO... lamar isn't better than J. Cole ... lamar doesn't have the power to bring anything back by himself.. j. cole has brought back "THE REAL" .. he's been the leader of a new group ushering in individuality.. Lamar wouldn't of been able to do that.. J. Cole is a better lyricist because he gets straight to the point and spits in a way niggas can actually feel... Lamar is just a hot spitter.. 10 years from now J. Cole will arguably be the GOAT .. Lamar won't..

    Stan post.
    boom wrote: »
    J. Cole the hottest nigga in the game right now..

    That would be Eminem. I heard he went triple platinum.
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    New rappers don't make it because of their skills in this day and age.
  • boomboom Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Man you fans gotta know that most of the reason hes gonna blow up on a commercial level is because he tall and lightskinned right? That half the college girls on my facebook have his picture as their avi right?



    don't matter, he gone blow... that's all that matters at the end of the day... if u can't appeal to the bitches.. u lost in this game
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Man you fans gotta know that most of the reason hes gonna blow up on a commercial level is because he tall and lightskinned right? That half the college girls on my facebook have his picture as their avi right?

    Cosign, plus he has that bi-racial thing going for him. Shout-out to Obama lol.
  • boomboom Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    lol at Eminem being the hottest in the game... nigga 2.5 million of those albums bought were bought by caucasions who will buy his album because he's white and rapping... stop
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    boom wrote: »
    don't matter, he gone blow... that's all that matters at the end of the day... if u can't appeal to the bitches.. u lost in this game

    No doubt, but fans should keep that in mind when discussing how great he is. He's a dope mc for sure, but at the end of the day is accomplishments as a commercial mc began not cause of his skills as a rapper, but because of a girlfriend seeing a picture of j cole in a youtube video.
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    So J. Cole hotter than Kanye, Wayne, Nicki, Drake, Jay, Ross, etc.. right now???
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Why would I be mad at them for making shit I think is hotter and more creative??? I know they're doing a collabo. I have no hate for J. Cole. He good. More so his fans and I SWEAR its because he has the platform to put his shit out on. How can Elzhi or Big K.R.I.T. connect when they not even heard?

    But J Cole never always had that platform either, 2 years ago Jay-z laughed in dudes face when he waited for 2 hours tryna give him is demo. Cole has paid his dues, i don't see what grounds you have to be speaking ill on dude. You have also got to take into account CERTAIN RAPPERS AREN'T MEANT TO BLOW UP, SOME RAPPERS JUST DON'T HAVE THE IT FACTOR. For every Nas there is a AZ!
  • boomboom Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    No doubt, but fans should keep that in mind when discussing how great he is. He's a dope mc for sure, but at the end of the day is accomplishments as a commercial mc began not cause of his skills as a rapper, but because of a girlfriend seeing a picture of j cole in a youtube video.


    nah, that's not how his shit began.. his shit began cause he was dope.. the shit didn't happen over night like ur making it out to be... his shit just ACCELERRATED once bitches saw he was tall and light skinned..
  • boomboom Posts: 2,085 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    So J. Cole hotter than Kanye, Wayne, Nicki, Drake, Jay, Ross, etc.. right now???



    none of them niggas tryna step to J. Cole on the MIC
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I said as a commercial mc, his skills brought in that underground male fanbase,then those males' girlfriends saw his picture and are going to be the reason why I'll hear him on the radio, which is a good thing. But people are delusional if they say he made ONLY because of his skills.
  • KameKame Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    CD Kanye, and Cole now are identical in terms of story and appeal. Kanye just had better beats and was funnier
Sign In or Register to comment.