Man I just realize something; Slaughterhouse is Garbage

RED HoodRED Hood Posts: 617
edited January 2011 in The Reason
So I was reading threw the lyrics for the song "Session One" which is Eminem featuring Slaughterhouse and Those dudes have some of the most random metaphors I have ever read. I had read though all the lyrics and I thought what the fuck was they talking about. And then I listen to the song and the beat was horrible. Now I know why people don't like them and now I agree with them.
Mdizzle9000nohiphop1bankrupt baller

Replies

• riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    well considering there isnt a single listenable rapper in the group, of course they are garbage.
    birdcallaveliMdizzle9000nohiphop1bankrupt ballerStack Money
  • CollegeBoi12CollegeBoi12 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    riddlerap wrote: »
    well considering there isnt a single listenable rapper in the group, of course they are garbage.

^^^^^^^^^^^
  • RED HoodRED Hood Posts: 617
    edited January 2011
    Man i did not realized that they were that bad i haven't really listened to them since the slaugtherhouse album came out . Its safe to say that I won't be listening to them again
  • illogicsillogics Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Cool story....bro
    nohiphop1bankrupt baller
    edited January 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    so you don't like SlaughterHouse?
    okee dokee
    Their flow as a group is subpar most of their songs lack any subject matter , their beat selection isn't much to speak of , their punchlines and metaphors are hit or miss, they can't write hooks, and they just make bad music . You can't be Lyrical for the sake of being lyrical
    bankrupt baller
  • rip.dillarip.dilla Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Man I just realize something; Slaughterhouse is Garbage

That really made me laugh hard.
    nohiphop1
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    rappers who rap about rapping
    nohiphop1bankrupt baller
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,836 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    they're not garbage....but I do find it funny that this morning i caught a video of Joel Ortiz rapping in some video w/ Funk Master Flex and it was supposed to be set up to look like Hot 97 and the entire time he's using the Young Money punchline style that people supposedly hate...odd somebody who is supposed to be so "above" that "corniness" as Joel and all of SH are portrayed to be would use a style that is supposedly so hated...and he ain't even do it that good
    SWAMPGODbankrupt baller
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I prefer hanson also....ummmmm bop
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

Real shit right here.
    bankrupt baller
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I actually listen to Joe Budden and some older stuff from Joell, but these dudes just rap to rap. It doesn't seem like they really try to build and make something relevant as far as subject matter is concerned. I think they have rhyming skills, hit or miss punchlines (and often unecessary) as t/s said, and no real direction or good concept. And I've been disappointed to hear Joey and Joell use the pause...punchline/ supa dupa flow sh*t lately. Shit's ridiculous.
    edited January 2011
    rappers who rap about rapping

its okay to rap about rapping but it has to have some replay value , so at least throw a decent hook and nice beat in there. How can you say your lyrical and you can't write a hook . Hooks are lyrics too.
  • 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    blackrain wrote: »
    they're not garbage....but I do find it funny that this morning i caught a video of Joel Ortiz rapping in some video w/ Funk Master Flex and it was supposed to be set up to look like Hot 97 and the entire time he's using the Young Money punchline style that people supposedly hate...odd somebody who is supposed to be so "above" that "corniness" as Joel and all of SH are portrayed to be would use a style that is supposedly so hated...and he ain't even do it that good
    Yeah you must be talkin' bout the "Sing Like Bilal" joint. He used it in the "Battle Cry" also.

That's exactly what I was referring to in my post above.
  • TRILLip BrooksTRILLip Brooks Lefty Gunz, Lord High Executioner Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    better as solo artist
    edited January 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    I feel that...
    I just don't think they are THAT bad... or THAT good...

they got some joints
  • nujerz84nujerz84 Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    It is disappointing as a fan to hear Joell use that Young Money pause bullshit punchline format that the nature of the industry...
  • TheApocalypseTheApocalypse Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Had they came out together back in 02-03 when Neptunes, Clipse, and those other cats were hot then they may have gotten a listen. But these days they just can't cut it. Ok flows, questionable metaphors, and weird hooks aint gettin you nowhere if you actually tryna be a lyricist out here.
  • Cigarello SlimCigarello Slim Legalize Never Criticize Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I respect your opinion maybe you just haven't heard their whole catalog
  • snappasnappa Posts: 397
    edited January 2011
    Had they came out together back in 02-03 when Neptunes, Clipse, and those other cats were hot then they may have gotten a listen. But these days they just can't cut it. Ok flows, questionable metaphors, and weird hooks aint gettin you nowhere if you actually tryna be a lyricist out here.

Off topic but I'm guessing that is Nathan in your avi. Judging by your En Sabah Nur type name I think it is. Sick pic.

• TheApocalypseTheApocalypse Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Yes sir it is. I still gets down with tha comics from time to time
  • BackInWhiteBackInWhite Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    oh thank God!
    i mean
    i got they album
    and i listened to it
    and i was like
    these niggas is rappin they ass off!
    but then i ain't never listened to it again
    rappin ass niggas at their finest, they are
  • BellicoseGarveyBellicoseGarvey Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I still fuck with them.
    All of them are beasts...just better individually. They need more chemistry
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    i liked it but the album doesn't have much replay value it's like a poor man's d12 album
    bankrupt baller
  • flushill401flushill401 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I respect your opinion maybe you just haven't heard their whole catalog
    Co-sign. Them niggas are nice as hell.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAveChuckieInDaMurderAve Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited January 2011

Royce da 5'9 >>>> the whole G-Unit