Steve Harvey takes an L (along with most of you people)

1353638404148

Replies

  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited March 2011
    Galatians 6:7
    Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

    mockin God, as u are doing, is a sin. im takin no part in this.

    How am I mocking God by asking you a simple hypothetical question and why are you so scared to answer it?

    If God personally told you to do something, would you disobey him?

    Why does this possibility frighten you so much?
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    D-Jack wrote: »
    Go figure, let me ask you this. Do you actually believe the Earth was created in 7 days? Plz, tell me you're not one of those fundamentalism Christian.

    honestly i dont have the answer to that one. i've read a few things but didnt go into it too much. at the time i was doubting God, this was not one of the things i needed answers for. definitely is sumthin i now would be interested in inquiring.

    heres an interesting link regarding the interpretation of the creation tho..... http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/genesis1.html
    Conclusion:We are left with only one internally consistent interpretation for the days of Genesis one. The literal, clearly indicated, meaning of yom for Genesis one must be an unspecified, long period of time. Since the Genesis text says that the third day must be at least several years long, none of the other days would be expected to be limited to 24-hours. All or nearly all of the other creation days would seem to require long periods of time, although the text does not clearly indicate the specific amount of time required.

    not to say that i believe this is the right answer, i just havent looked into it really
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    How am I mocking God by asking you a simple hypothetical question and why are you so scared to answer it?

    If God personally told you to do something, would you disobey him?

    Why does this possibility frighten you so much?

    u are mocking God without a doubt. asking me "if God asked u to do such and such would u do it?" how is that not mocking?

    to follow his word is to obey him, there are no accounts in the new testament of God commanding someone to do something sinful. ur argument is invalid, non-applicable.

    and as it stands i am not saved, because i disobey God. i've told u this before, say what u want. the truth is what matters.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited March 2011
    So you would not obey a direct command from God if it conflicted with your personal morals.

    Just admit it, bruh.
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    So you would not obey a direct command from God if it conflicted with your personal morals.

    Just admit it, bruh.

    the direct command from God is to read and obey the bible. i have not been told to do anything else (sinful) as of yet, and since the times of the ancient israelites, no one else has either. move on.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited March 2011
    the direct command from God is to read and obey the bible.

    So now you're claiming God personally told you to read and obey the Bible? Is that right? Or do you not really know what to say because you're shook of this question I've brought you.

    I rarely see such cowardly behavior.
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    So now you're claiming God personally told you to read and obey the Bible? Is that right? Or do you not really know what to say because you're shook of this question I've brought you.

    I rarely see such cowardly behavior.

    no he did not personally tell me this. the Bible tells me so.

    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever (Isaiah 40:8).

    Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path (Psalm 119:105)

    Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Thy word (Psalm 119:67).

    And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
    4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'" (Matthew 4:3-4)
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    "But the soulish man receives not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him, and he is not able to know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (I Corinthians 2:14)
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited March 2011
    no he did not personally tell me this. the Bible tells me so.

    The Bible tells you to read the Bible. What a stunning coincidence.

    That's obviously not a direct command from God, though. You said God told you to read the Bible.

    So. Would you obey a direct command from God or not?
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    ROM 15:4 "For everything that was written in the past
    was written to teach us, so that through endurance and
    the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

    EPH 5:15-18 "Be very careful, then, how you live--not
    as unwise but as wise, making the most of every
    opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do
    not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will
    is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to
    debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit."

    1PE 2:13-15 "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to
    every authority instituted among men: whether to the
    king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who
    are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to
    commend those who do right. For it is God's will that
    by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of
    foolish men."

    JER 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you
    great and unsearchable things you do not know."

    ACT 17:27 "God did this so that men would seek him and
    perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far
    from each one of us."

    2TI 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed... and is useful for
    teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness".

    DEU 4:2 "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract
    from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give
    you."
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited March 2011
    Why do you turn into a pussy because of this one simple question, bruh?

    Seems like a piece of cake. Obviously, since you have faith in God, you'd obey a direct command from him. Or would you?
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    The Bible tells you to read the Bible. What a stunning coincidence.

    That's obviously not a direct command from God, though. You said God told you to read the Bible.

    So. Would you obey a direct command from God or not?

    given the verses i've posted, they state that the Bible is the word of God. this is what i meant by God tellin me to read the Bible.

    i dont see what point u are trying to make, if i were to become saved, i would be closer to God in his presence and will go wherever he guides me whether it be thru the bible, thru a vision or prayer. i am nowhere near that stage tho, unfortunately.

    for u to follow up with sumthin like.....so if he guided u to do this would u do it?? is MOCKERY. get outta here with that. dont imply what God may or may not do, u have no right to no matter how wise u think u are.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited March 2011
    given the verses i've posted, they state that the Bible is the word of God.

    "The Bible says that the Bible is true. We know the Bible is true because it says it is."

    LOL



    So anyway, would you obey a direct command from God or not? Why are you terrified of this question?
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    Psalm 119:51 The arrogant mock me without restraint, but I do not turn from your law.

    im not avoiding anything. ur putting God into YOUR context and implying what he may or may not do, when he is above us all. that is mockery. u dont understand this because u dont want to. like i said, i will go wherever God guides me when/if i am ready for it, but to put God in a hypothetical situation, especially to support an unholy argument is to mock him.
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
    "The Bible says that the Bible is true. We know the Bible is true because it says it is."

    LOL



    So anyway, would you obey a direct command from God or not? Why are you terrified of this question?

    and all the people who wrote in the Bible received prophecies and visions from God into what they were writing, and confirmed by everyone in that time over a matter of....a very long time.
  • Go figure...Go figure... Posts: 1,471
    edited March 2011
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited March 2011
    im not avoiding anything.

    Actually, you outright admitted you are avoiding answering that question.
    and all the people who wrote in the Bible received prophecies and visions from God into what they were writing,
    The Bible says this.
    and confirmed by everyone in that time over a matter of....a very long time.
    ahahahhahah

    you think "everyone" in those times and places confirmed that these guys were really receiving prophecies?

    and yet you claim this is about "faith."

    ahahhahahaha


    You're an idiot and a coward.
  • Stack MoneyStack Money Posts: 989
    edited March 2011
    krs.gif @ all the atheists that came in here and caught feelins again
    fiat_money wrote: »
    LOL. First fantasizing, now you're thinking up gay shit. Seems your level of aggravation has increased.

    SMH @ Your responses getting progressively homotional.

    Pic related:
    ijh9N0.jpg
    dqmxbn.png "Thinkin up gay shit"? You the one sayin gay shit, claimin I'm "fantasizin" bout you. Shits disgustin b. SMH @ puttin that pic up in an attempt to hide your gayness, and lol @ you lettin the "no life" comment slide.
    The bottom line is nobody REALLY knows!

    Not your Pastor or your fuckin Science Professor.

    Da fuck y'all in hear arguing for?

    You all just sound like a bunch of self-righteous assholes.

    Do right. It's as simple as that. Whether god make you wanna do right or logic and reason make you wanna do right.

    Cuz if a mufucka do me wrong imma bust they ass whether they believe in god or not. And neither god nor science is gonna stop that.
    Realest post in this thread
    as we've covered repeatedly and you yourself have admitted, the Bible says that it is permissible to enslave people, abuse them, enslave their children, and pass them on as inherited property.

    and as we've also discussed and you've admitted, the Bible says it's okay to mercilessly slaughter people, even to the point of genocide.

    but I think the worst thing about the Bible is its core message: Another person can take responsibility for your actions.

    Murdered a guy? It's okay, Jesus will do the time for you.

    Raped a child? You're washed clean in Jesus' blood, bruh.

    Any horrific crime you can think of, Jesus will take the heat for.

    This is not morality. This is insanity.
    The bible was written by man, of course it's flawed as fuck and errythang shouldn't be taken as gospel (no pun). SMH @ the atheists in here not realizin that, and murder ain't okay cause one of the 10 Commandments is "Thou shall not kill".
    no, jesus will save u if u repent. obviously u got this shit all wrong
    This
    Atheists win.
    Epic ignorance...


    D-Jack wrote: »
    Go figure, quit tap dancing around the question and answer it. WHy do you Christian do that? It's like y'all following a certain rule when question about your loyalty to your "Higher Authority".
    Yall askin a "hypothetical" question bout somethin that literally has no chance of happenin and claimin a W cause he won't answer you. Why do you Atheists do that? It's like the only way for you to get a W is to manufacture one...
  • fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ...dqmxbn.png "Thinkin up gay shit"? You the one sayin gay shit, claimin I'm "fantasizin" bout you. Shits disgustin b. SMH @ puttin that pic up in an attempt to hide your gayness, and lol @ you lettin the "no life" comment slide...
    LOL @ You not knowing the definition of "fantasizing".

    When you think up fictional shit like ↓this↓, you have fantasized:
    ...You also lauced for sittin in your basement learnin nerd shit...

    SMH @ Wondering "Hmm, fiat_money probably sits in his basement learning nerd shit.", and saying you haven't fantasized about the life of another nigga.

    Then you started saying gay shit:
    ...N/H @ you wantin me to think about yo gay ass...

    So you have literally fantasized about another nigga's life, and you've thought up gay shit in this thread.

    Those are actual facts:

    ijzGQm.jpg
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies Shut Up Kat =) Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The bible was written by man, of course it's flawed as fuck
    But God inspired them to write it correct? An almighty God INSPIRED flawed teachings?

    Damn...must not be all that powerful then.

    And why are you morons keep using the Bible to argue facts when you all have admitted the Bible is not a reliable source of facts? Oh, because Christians lack reasoning skills. Which is why you're Christians in the first place. My bad.
    and errythang shouldn't be taken as gospel
    Then why are many parts of the Bible called the "the GOSPEL of...*man's name here*"

    So you dont take the GOSPEL as GOSPEL even though it clearly says the GOSPEL of Matthew, the GOSPEL of Luke, the GOSPEL of John, the GOSPEL of Mark?

    I guess the Bible shouldnt be taken as the Bible then. I mean...we cant just go by what it says on the book cover. LOL
  • fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    With Christianity, you can call the parts of the bible that you like or the parts that justify your actions "the word of God", and you can call the parts that you don't like or the parts that condemn your actions "the flaws of man".

    Because it's convenient that way.
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies Shut Up Kat =) Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »
    With Christianity, you can call the parts of the bible that you like or the parts that justify your actions "the word of God", and you can call the parts that you don't like or the parts that condemn your actions "the flaws of man".

    Because it's convenient that way.
    Exactly.............
  • Stack MoneyStack Money Posts: 989
    edited March 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »
    LOL @ You not knowing the definition of "fantasizing".

    When you think up fictional shit like ↓this↓, you have fantasized:

    SMH @ Wondering "Hmm, fiat_money probably sits in his basement learning nerd shit.", and saying you haven't fantasized about the life of another nigga.

    Then you started saying gay shit:

    So you have literally fantasized about another nigga's life, and you've thought up gay shit in this thread.

    Those are actual facts:

    ijzGQm.jpg
    camron-u-mad.gif LOL @ YOU not knowin the definition of "fantasizin" when you the one throwin the word around, statin the fact that you a nerd =/= fantasizin. Bein on here ALL DAY doin shit like this...
    fiat_money wrote: »
    LOL @ The Christian bible protecting slaves.

    "You can beat your slaves, just don't kill them in the process or disfigure them, because that would be fucked up. Now if you beat them and they die after a few days...it's cool, I mean shit happens, they're your property anyway." - The protection of slaves in the Christian bible.
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, apply that same reasoning to other groups of people, and it would be "unacceptable".

    "You can beat your wives, just don't kill them in the process or disfigure them, because that would be fucked up. Now if you beat them and they die after a few days...it's cool, I mean shit happens, they're your property anyway." - The protection of wives in the Christian bible.
    fiat_money wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, apply that same reasoning to other groups of people, and it would be "unacceptable".

    "You can beat your wives, just don't kill them in the process or disfigure them, because that would be fucked up. Now if you beat them and they die after a few days...it's cool, I mean shit happens, they're your property anyway." - The protection of wives in the Christian bible.
    "You can beat your employees, just don't kill them in the process or disfigure them, because that would be fucked up. Now if you beat them and they die after a few days...it's cool, I mean shit happens, they're your property anyway." - The protection of employees in the Christian bible
    fiat_money wrote: »
    fiat_money wrote: »
    "You can beat your employees, just don't kill them in the process or disfigure them, because that would be fucked up. Now if you beat them and they die after a few days...it's cool, I mean shit happens, they're your property anyway." - The protection of employees in the Christian bible


    "You can beat your children, just don't kill them in the process or disfigure them, because that would be fucked up. Now if you beat them and they die after a few days...it's cool, I mean shit happens, they're your property anyway." - The protection of children in the Christian bible.
    ...proves you that basement dwellin loser I been sayin you are. And evidently you the one fantasizin bout me since you started claimin I was thinkin bout you like that, sayin n/h to your gay post =/= sayin gay shit myself. Once again a pic of a naked bitch ain't enough to override your faggotry.
    D-Jack wrote: »
    LMAO@ Stacks vs Fiat is one of the highlights of this thread.
    2w4ffwh.png
    Darxwell wrote: »
    But God inspired them to write it correct? An almighty God INSPIRED flawed teachings?

    Damn...must not be all that powerful then.

    And why are you morons keep using the Bible to argue facts when you all have admitted the Bible is not a reliable source of facts? Oh, because Christians lack reasoning skills. Which is why you're Christians in the first place. My bad.

    Then why are many parts of the Bible called the "the GOSPEL of...*man's name here*"

    So you dont take the GOSPEL as GOSPEL even though it clearly says the GOSPEL of Matthew, the GOSPEL of Luke, the GOSPEL of John, the GOSPEL of Mark?

    I guess the Bible shouldnt be taken as the Bible then. I mean...we cant just go by what it says on the book cover. LOL
    Dumbest argument I seen yet, just cause he inspired the bible don't mean he inspired flawed teachins cause man is flawed. Some shit shouldn't be taken as "gospel" but that don't mean it's all wrong, just certain parts but you too stupid to realize that. If your dumbass paid attention you'd see I ain't keep usin the bible to argue facts cause I wasn't even arguin wit yall for the most part just occasionally callin yall out on your bullshit.

    Why do you morons ASSume every religious person is sayin the same thing? That's what you atheists are doin in this thread, yall the main ones bringin up certain things in the bible as your "proof" that you right and when a religious person uses other passages as an example that you wrong you come wit that "you're usin the bible to argue facts" post even tho you the one that brought the bible up in the first place. But like I said the only way you imbeciles can win a argument is by makin shit up.
    fiat_money wrote: »
    With Christianity, you can call the parts of the bible that you like or the parts that justify your actions "the word of God", and you can call the parts that you don't like or the parts that condemn your actions "the flaws of man".

    Because it's convenient that way.
    SMH it ain't takin the parts that's convenient, thats what atheists do. Obviously some of the things in the bible would be the word of God but since man wrote it he added in his own opinions on how people should act which didn't always go wit God's teachins, hence why you got contradictions in the bible. It's pathetic you atheists don't already know this yourselves...
This discussion has been closed.