Are spring games a good look or a waste of time??

Replies

• greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 44,471
    edited April 2011
    doubletee wrote: »
    Dont speak for me bruh....vy killed ou enroute to a national title.

UT/FSU...you the sports policeman now???

@CJ:Yeah the females are nice but we own ou in football as well.

VY got dominated by OU untill they had a defense full of sophomore's and freshmen. Vince Young's record versus Oklahoma = 1-2. That's what you call "killed" bruh. Really?

And it's all good, bruh. Don't get mad. Your Monday, Wednesday, Friday team will be pretty good this year. And last year they did pretty....

Donald+Stephenson+Florida+State+v+Oklahoma+MZuqVDW8xuWl.jpg
    Oklahoma 47
    FSU 17

....Nevermind. At least Texas did better than FSU against Oklahoma.
  • dbrazil412dbrazil412 Posts: 8,661
    edited April 2011
    not to mention ward's little incident with pj brown
  • T.TaylorT.Taylor Posts: 20,851
    edited April 2011
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    idk much about frazier outside of nebraska, but i never understood how ward goes from winning the heisman, to playing for the knicks. i mean i know college success doesnt necessarly translate to pro success, but damn...decided to give up the sport

Ward knew that he would have a longer career if he played basketball...goog thing he was athletic enough to be good at both sports.
    edited April 2011
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    idk much about frazier outside of nebraska, but i never understood how ward goes from winning the heisman, to playing for the knicks. i mean i know college success doesnt necessarly translate to pro success, but damn...decided to give up the sport

He says he "chose" the NBA. And maybe that's true -- and it makes sense.

Guaranteed contract and a REAL chance to play the position you love >>>>>>> Non-guaranteed contracts and being forced to play reciever/special teams.

But Frazier really wasn't good enough to play QB in the NFL, but damn, he was a college legend and was damn near unstoppable = Which is what people thought of Vince Young at one point.
    edited April 2011
    VY got dominated by OU untill they had a defense full of sophomore's and freshmen. Vince Young's record versus Oklahoma = 1-2. That's what you call "killed" bruh. Really?

And it's all good, bruh. Don't get mad. Your Monday, Wednesday, Friday team will be pretty good this year. And last year they did pretty....

Donald+Stephenson+Florida+State+v+Oklahoma+MZuqVDW8xuWl.jpg
    Oklahoma 47
    FSU 17

....Nevermind. At least Texas did better than FSU against Oklahoma.

That year yes i wasnt referring to his whole career at UT...notice i said enroute to a title which he won in his senior season.
    edited April 2011
    That year yes i wasnt referring to his whole career at UT...notice i said enroute to a title which he won in his senior season.

En route? So when did he lose those first two games? In his former life? lol. All that shit happened "en route" to him winning a title and then...

....suicide-watch-t-shirt.png
    edited April 2011
    En route? So when did he lose those first two games? In his former life? lol. All that shit happened "en route" to him winning a title and then...

....suicide-watch-t-shirt.png

The fact is that he beat ou that year and won a title................thats all that matters.
    edited April 2011
    The fact is that he beat ou that year and won a title................thats all that matters.

I feel u bruh. I just realized that OU stomped *both* of your teams last year. So I'll just remind myself of that every time you say something salty about OU.

Like when Jews get mad when people mention Hitler, or us when people mention slavery.

I apologize. It's the way I was raised.
    edited April 2011
    I feel u bruh. I just realized that OU stomped *both* of your teams last year. So I'll just remind myself of that every time you say something salty about OU.

Like when Jews get mad when people mention Hitler, or us when people mention slavery.

I apologize. It's the way I was raised.

Thats cool but its 2011 guess you can fall back on that until fsu play ou and the red river rivalry.
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 41,882
    edited April 2011
    just got through watching the bama spring game.

both qb's were even. i think sims will get the starting job.

the rb's did good. trent richardson getting that heisman.

defense looked solid. bama will have the best defense in the SEC.
    edited April 2011
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    just got through watching the bama spring game.

both qb's were even. i think sims will get the starting job.

the rb's did good. trent richardson getting that heisman.

defense looked solid. bama will have the best defense in the SEC.

Oklahoma spring game was today too. Blake Bell might snatch the 2nd string job. And my Roy Finch prediction might be off -- not because he didn't play well, but because they have literally 4 running backs that look like heisman candidates including a sophomore named Brian Williams (yet another 5-star recruit). Dude is sick.

This will be the best backfield Oklahoma has EVER had. And that's saying a lot historically.
    JermieCalhoun_display_image.jpg?1282162585

They pulled Landry early but he was sharp.
    edited April 2011
    Oklahoma spring game was today too. Blake Bell might snatch the 2nd string job. And my Roy Finch prediction might be off -- not because he didn't play well, but because they have literally 4 running backs that look like heisman candidates including a sophomore named Brian Williams (yet another 5-star recruit). Dude is sick.

This will be the best backfield Oklahoma has EVER had. And that's saying a lot historically.
    JermieCalhoun_display_image.jpg?1282162585

They pulled Landry early but he was sharp.

i feel ya. bama has that depth at running back too.
    edited April 2011
    So the pac10 is now the pac12...with colorado and nebraska leaving the big 12 and Texas and ou both playing in the big twelves south division it looks like a two team league...they conference should of thought about adding arkansas or picking up another progam to replace atleast one that was lost to the pac10 and big ten.
    edited April 2011
    So the pac10 is now the pac12...with colorado and nebraska leaving the big 12 and Texas and ou both playing in the big twelves south division it looks like a two team league...they conference should of thought about adding arkansas or picking up another progam to replace atleast one that was lost to the pac10 and big ten.

okla st will be good
    edited April 2011
    i feel ya. bama has that depth at running back too.

OU's running backs...

Brennan Clay #21 Junior (former 4-star Recruit)

Brandon Williams #23 Soph (5-star recruit, 4.3/40 speed, No. 3 overall in '09/'10)

Roy Finch #22 soph (Second leading rusher in '10, #1 RB in Florida 2009)

Jonathan Williams #26 soph (1st team All-state Texas in '09, 4-star recruit)

Dominique Whaley #31 junior (transferred from Langston (HBCU in Oklahoma) and broke a 45 yard run today in the spring game)

Jermie Calhoun #34 RS junior (struggled with injuries but was ranked #1 by ESPN and Rivals.com as a recruit.)

And FB Marshall Musil, one of the best blocking and catching FB's in the nation.

Look like you can't even make the RB roster @ OU unless you're a 4-star cat.

Finch and Williams going to be a problem. Trust.
    edited April 2011
    okla st will be good

They're in the same division as UT and ou....the north is weak.
    edited April 2011

lol. If the Big 12 is a two-team league, those two teams are Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Maybe Texas A&M. Plus Missouri will be tough this year two. (All four will be top 25).

I'd be surprised if Texas won 8 games. Bloggers and experts are shitting on their QB situation and defense.

Big 12 is striaght. At least 5 top 25 teams this year especially if Texas shows up.
    edited April 2011
    They're in the same division as UT and ou....the north is weak.

Ain't nobody to add in the north except maybe Boise State, but they're scared of big conference play. Pac-10 been going after them.
    edited April 2011
    OU's running backs...

Brennan Clay #21 Junior (former 4-star Recruit)

Brandon Williams #23 Soph (5-star recruit, 4.3/40 speed, No. 3 overall in '09/'10)

Roy Finch #22 soph (Second leading rusher in '10, #1 RB in Florida 2009)

Jonathan Williams #26 soph (1st team All-state Texas in '09, 4-star recruit)

Dominique Whaley #31 junior (transferred from Langston (HBCU in Oklahoma) and broke a 45 yard run today in the spring game)

Jermie Calhoun #34 RS junior (struggled with injuries but was ranked #1 by ESPN and Rivals.com as a recruit.)

And FB Marshall Musil, one of the best blocking and catching FB's in the nation.

Look like you can't even make the RB roster @ OU unless you're a 4-star cat.

Finch and Williams going to be a problem. Trust.

Gotdamn. yall looking like runningback u
    edited April 2011
    ESPN early preseason rankings (VERY early)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=6009707

Top 10

1. Oklahoma
    2. Alabama
    3. Oregon
    4. LSU
    5. Boise State
    6. Oklahoma State
    7. Florida State
    8. Arkansas
    9. Stanford
    10.Ohio State
    edited April 2011
    Ain't nobody to add in the north except maybe Boise State, but they're scared of big conference play. Pac-10 been going after them.

Dont look like arkansas going to leave the sec either i dont know how it will work.... currently the north is minus 2 teams.Either ou baylor or okie state will switch from the south to north division.
    edited April 2011
    lol. If the Big 12 is a two-team league, those two teams are Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Maybe Texas A&M. Plus Missouri will be tough this year two. (All four will be top 25).

I'd be surprised if Texas won 8 games. Bloggers and experts are shitting on their QB situation and defense.

Big 12 is striaght. At least 5 top 25 teams this year especially if Texas shows up.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqpIv0sMZ9dkWzkPagrL6oGQIsTTfNyBmzRNr_3cxPQrpBinzqjQ

edited April 2011
    Dont look like arkansas going to leave the sec either i dont know how it will work.... currently the north is minus 2 teams.Either ou baylor or okie state will switch from the south to north division.

They're gonna leave it like it is and maybe add two more teams. THey have the copyright on the name "Big 12" and they aren't required to add anybody. (Remember, it used to be the Big 8 and I just got used to saying "Big 12" like 4 years ago, lol)

Plus they just signed one of the biggest conference TV deals ever...

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/27670/big-12-reportedly-set-to-announce-tv-deal

I'd like to see them go after TCU if anybody. TCU used to play OU a lot and it was usually a decent game. Baylor's whole sports program is coming up fast, and their football team might finish ranked higher than Texas and even beat them this year (like they did last year.)

Texas A&M snatched their spot back from Texas Tech as the second best program (or should I say best "known" program) and actually they're the second best team in Texas behind TCU. And will probably be the best in Texas this year.

Fucc Nebraska, they've been garbage since the early 90s and they have a couple of decent seasons and got tired of getting stomped by OU, OSU, and even Kansas State and ran off to the weak Big 10 which is in worse shape than the Big 12 is.
    edited April 2011
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqpIv0sMZ9dkWzkPagrL6oGQIsTTfNyBmzRNr_3cxPQrpBinzqjQ

Top 5 teams in the Big 12 right now...

1. OU
    2. Oklahoma State
    3. Missouri
    4. Texas A&M
    5. Tie: Texas/Kansas State

I'm talkin' actual football, you talkin' casual-fan notoriety.
    edited April 2011
    Nebraska was just getting beat by all the best teams in the big12....theyre not even going to be the best team in the new big10 osu is the bigman on campus in that conference.As far as colorado goes,who cares.