Most underrated/most overrated luxury car brands

245

Replies

  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419
    edited July 2011
    Hummer's are horribly overrated. I've owned 11 Cadillacs and I gotta say the 2002's and above are super overrated. The quality has turned to shit and the part prices are ridiculous. I had to get a part replaced on mine about 3 months ago which cost me 340$ to buy at a parts store that would've cost me 65 to 80$ in a honda.

    Cadillacs are great looking cars, ride great and all but the mechanical issues on those cars these days are just ridiculous. I'll never buy another one.
  • oldhead77oldhead77 DMVPosts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    Hummer's are horribly overrated. I've owned 11 Cadillacs and I gotta say the 2002's and above are super overrated. The quality has turned to shit and the part prices are ridiculous. I had to get a part replaced on mine about 3 months ago which cost me 340$ to buy at a parts store that would've cost me 65 to 80$ in a honda.

    Cadillacs are great looking cars, ride great and all but the mechanical issues on those cars these days are just ridiculous. I'll never buy another one.

    they're no longer American owned nor American made anymore go figure

    when they were still American made yeah they were gas guzzlers but they ride great, good handling,etc.


    I'm biased about Caddies since my pops used to have a '83' Grey Coupe De Ville
  • IamtheVILLEIamtheVILLE Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    audis are mad underrated i love them shits
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    audis are mad underrated i love them shits

    Yeah, them Audis hit hard like hell.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    oldhead77 wrote: »
    they're no longer American owned nor American made anymore go figure

    when they were still American made yeah they were gas guzzlers but they ride great, good handling,etc.


    I'm biased about Caddies since my pops used to have a '83' Grey Coupe De Ville
    Damn, really? Who owns Cadillac now?
  • Lorenzo de MediciLorenzo de Medici Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    First car was a Lex, next car will be a Toyota, car after that will be a Lex.


    I love Lexuses. They're understated, reliable, and have all the amenities you'll find in any other luxury vehicle.
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419
    edited July 2011
    oldhead77 wrote: »
    they're no longer American owned nor American made anymore go figure

    when they were still American made yeah they were gas guzzlers but they ride great, good handling,etc.


    I'm biased about Caddies since my pops used to have a '83' Grey Coupe De Ville

    GM still owns Cadillac so it's still an American owned brand. There are GM plants/factories all over the world if thats what you mean by no longer American made then you've hit the nail on the head in a sense. But if GM sold out that would mean Chevy is no longer American made either.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    How do y'all feel about Mercedes-Benz?
  • IamtheVILLEIamtheVILLE Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, them Audis hit hard like hell.

    nigga you aint never lied. i want one but insurance will be a bitch. and those bmw's. sheeeeiiiit nigga i want an 8 on the dot so bad
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    nigga you aint never lied. i want one but insurance will be a bitch. and those bmw's. sheeeeiiiit nigga i want an 8 on the dot so bad

    You want to talk about insurance: if you get a BMW, the insurance on that would be crazy!
  • jay83jay83 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I heard a 18 year old today is averaging 250 a month for insurance. this true??
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419
    edited July 2011
    You want to talk about insurance: if you get a BMW, the insurance on that would be crazy!

    Lol if you're young under 25 that shit will murder you.
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419
    edited July 2011
    jay83 wrote: »
    I heard a 18 year old today is averaging 250 a month for insurance. this true??

    Probably for full coverage. But one of my brothers is 19 he's only paying 109 for liability and he's got tickets.
  • oldhead77oldhead77 DMVPosts: 862 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    GM still owns Cadillac so it's still an American owned brand. There are GM plants/factories all over the world if thats what you mean by no longer American made then you've hit the nail on the head in a sense. But if GM sold out that would mean Chevy is no longer American made either.


    that's what I meant they're not American made anymore
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    Lol if you're young under 25 that shit will murder you.

    lol I can imagine. I'm exactly 25 and still won't get a BMW. LOL
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    ya'll niggas is sleeping on Hyundai too.

    Honda and Toyota don fucked around and let them become some legit competition...
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    ya'll niggas is sleeping on Hyundai too.

    Honda and Toyota don fucked around and let them become some legit competition...

    Yeah, Hyundais are very nice. That Hyundai Equus is slick, but I wouldn't pay no $58,000 for a Hyundai. lol
  • StiffStiff Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    jay83 wrote: »
    I heard a 18 year old today is averaging 250 a month for insurance. this true??

    Last year when I was 18 and driving (1979 pontiac bonneville) I paid 150 a month for basic state minimum liability...eventually I switched to Progressive through AAA and paid 105..i couldnt imagine 250 tho that's a bitch
  • politicalthug202politicalthug202 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    fuck luxury cars the lease ran up on my benz last yr and I said fuck it and just got that 2010
    camaro waiting for parts is a bitch and they over priced.

    and all luxury cars do is attract stuck up dime chicks who dont know how to fuck or suck.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    fuck luxury cars the lease ran up on my benz last yr and I said fuck it and just got that 2010
    camaro waiting for parts is a bitch and they over priced.

    and all luxury cars do is attract stuck up dime chicks who dont know how to fuck or suck.

    Don't sleep on Mercury and Buick.
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, Hyundais are very nice. That Hyundai Equus is slick, but I wouldn't pay no $58,000 for a Hyundai. lol

    when was the last time you got in a new hyundai? serious question. when was the last time you drove one?

    dog im telling you, with hyundai you get what you pay for and more.

    i'll certainly pay 58,000 for a hyundai.
    you know why? cause aint NOBODY FUCKING WITH A 10 YEARS 100,000 MILE WARRANTY

    that right there is them niggas saying "We stand by our product" "we want you to have our cars forever"
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    fuck luxury cars the lease ran up on my benz last yr and I said fuck it and just got that 2010
    camaro waiting for parts is a bitch and they over priced.

    and all luxury cars do is attract stuck up dime chicks who dont know how to fuck or suck.

    wait'll you see what that muscle car attracts...

    cantankerous old white men and bird brains...
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    when was the last time you got in a new hyundai? serious question. when was the last time you drove one?

    dog im telling you, with hyundai you get what you pay for and more.

    i'll certainly pay 58,000 for a hyundai.
    you know why? cause aint NOBODY FUCKING WITH A 10 YEARS 100,000 MILE WARRANTY

    that right there is them niggas saying "We stand by our product" "we want you to have our cars forever"

    Never been in a Hyundai...I don't think. lol I didn't know about that 10-year 100,000 mile warranty, though. I will have to change my mind now...only if I could afford a car that much. That's a hell of a warranty!
  • garvgarv Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Niggas are calling Hyundais, Toyotas, Volvos fucking luxury cars? Lmao.

    European cars are the only cars worth going for.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2011
    garv wrote: »
    Niggas are calling Hyundais, Toyotas, Volvos fucking luxury cars? Lmao.

    European cars are the only cars worth going for.

    They're not luxury car brands like Cadillac, BMW, etc, but they have luxury cars in their line-up(at least Hyundai and Toyota does). I should've named the thread "Most underrated car brands/most overrated car brands". LOL


    Edit: I just edited the thread title.
Sign In or Register to comment.