Euro-Jay & the Pharaoh Nas .....Follow me

Replies

• H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452
    edited August 2011
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    I have a question, because I see a lot of people on the boards calling Jay-Z a coon, a sell out, an Uncle Tom etc...Do people equate financial success/star power w/ selling out? Is it just the nature of black folks to hate another man that is able to make it out of the trap and is able to grow and make money, no matter what he raps about? I mean, to each his/her own, but god damn, it seems like niggas really hate this dude...for what?

Your question is foolish, idiotic, and downright stupid.

Snoop Dogg was near the top of the Forbes list and nobody on these boards has ever called him an Uncle-Tom or a sellout.

Nobody has ever accused Birdman of being a House-******* so all that whiny bitch-made crying by sensitive pussies about "equating financial success" with selling-out is worthless, unfounded, and white-washed.

If you throw an argyle-scarf around your neck and refer to yourself as "Euro" while making corny-ass songs called "Ghetto-Techno" and make it a habit to cater your music to white-europeons while hugged up with Chris Martin....what the fuck do you expect!

Why wasn't J.Prince called a sell-out, why wasn't Irv Gotti called an Uncle-Tom, why wasn't Master P. called a house-ni99er?????

Dame Dash could have been a half-a-billionaire but he didn't like the taste of white ass in his mouth....some people love the taste and it shows.
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight Posts: 12,790
    edited August 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Snoop Dogg was near the top of the Forbes list and nobody on these boards has ever called him an Uncle-Tom or a sellout.

Nobody has ever accused Birdman of being a House-******* so all that whiny bitch-made crying by sensitive pussies about "equating financial success" with selling-out is worthless, unfounded, and white-washed.

If you throw an argyle-scarf around your neck and refer to yourself as "Euro" while making corny-ass songs called "Ghetto-Techno" and make it a habit to cater your music to white-europeons while hugged up with Chris Martin....what the fuck do you expect!

Why wasn't J.Prince called a sell-out, why wasn't Irv Gotti called an Uncle-Tom, why wasn't Master P. called a house-ni99er?????

Dame Dash could have been a half-a-billionaire but he didn't like the taste of white ass in his mouth....some people love the taste and it shows.

He hasn't been on here long enough..he's possibly another blinded JayHova Witness....
  • Mumo XMumo X Posts: 4,521
    edited August 2011

tabernacle!!!! Ay H-Rap, whats up wit the Videos u promised?
    edited August 2011
    Mumo X wrote: »
    tabernacle!!!! Ay H-Rap, whats up wit the Videos u promised?

I apologize, I been multi-tasking, you want me to PM them or send them to you on Facebook?
  • Mumo XMumo X Posts: 4,521
    edited August 2011
    I apologize, I been multi-tasking, you want me to PM them or send them to you on Facebook?

send them to me on Facebook. **Appreciates**
  • HipHopFiend91HipHopFiend91 Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    lol didn't mumo X have a sig with Amy whinehouse in it, how u going to call people a sell outs and tom's if u was repping a well known racist.
  • SupremeXXVSupremeXXV Posts: 782
    edited August 2011
    I guess it's obvious you haven't read through this thread otherwise you wouldn't sound so defensive for your idol.

Yeah, he's my idol...fuck outta here with that lame shit...it's not just him I see people say that shit about, it's most of the niggas in the entertainment industry...I don't give a damn if ya'll like the bul or not, i just wanted to hear some different opinions on why other than the typical "house nigga", "coon" shit...obviously, you're just a hating ass nigga, but that's cool...be you.
    edited March 2012
    spooky-tooth.jpg
    1.) "No Church in the Wild" contains samples from "K Scope" as performed by
    Phil Manzanera,

2.) "No Church in the Wild" contains a sample from "Sunshine Help Me" as performed by Spooky Tooth.

mrhudsonkanyewest.jpg
    3.) "Who Gon Stop Me" contains samples from "I Can't Stop" as performed by
    Flux Pavilion.

4.) "Murder to Excellence" contains samples from "La La La" as performed by
    Indiggo

jay-z-tackles-chris-martin.jpg

5.) "Why I Love You" contains samples from "I Love You So" as performed by
    Cassius.

• JokerzWyldJokerzWyld Posts: 4,182
    edited September 2011
    LMAO this thread was incredible and had a lot of Jigga Warriors catching feelings.

How are they upset with the T/S when Jay called himself "Euro Jay"??

This is comical
    edited September 2011
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    LMAO this thread was incredible and had a lot of Jigga Warriors catching feelings.

How are they upset with the T/S when Jay called himself "Euro Jay"??

This is comical

One odd and strange poster made a duplicate thread trying to imply that Rick Ross should be "Euro-Ross" because of his fondness for luxury brands and therefore he's on the same level of euro-worship as JayZ....LOL, that's the IQ level of a lot of these avatars.

It's kinda sad that I can give 50 different examples of JayZ being "Euro-Jay" and his stans still won't accept it.
  • Cabana_Da_DonCabana_Da_Don Posts: 6,192
    edited September 2011
    This is probably going to be the realest thread made in 2011.Real talk I applaud the brother that made this thread.

SERIOUSLY.THIS DUDE KNOCKED THIS ONE OUT THE PARK.
  • rip.dillarip.dilla Posts: 13,143
    edited September 2011
  • DatNiggaB1DatNiggaB1 Posts: 6,066
    edited September 2011
    Call Jay what you want.

Call Nas what you want.

2 different men with 2 different agenda's

If you can spot the difference between these agenda's, you will be able to respect each mans hustle differently.

Under/overstand.......make ur choice.
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight Posts: 12,790
    edited September 2011
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    Yeah, he's my idol...fuck outta here with that lame shit...it's not just him I see people say that shit about, it's most of the niggas in the entertainment industry...I don't give a damn if ya'll like the bul or not, i just wanted to hear some different opinions on why other than the typical "house nigga", "coon" shit...obviously, you're just a hating ass nigga, but that's cool...be you.

Okay. You done? Feelings caught? Good.

One, I'm not a hating ass nigga..Two, get out of denial and realize Jay is Euro-bound.
  • pain muzikpain muzik Posts: 69
    edited November 2011
    Jay and Nas must have been through the struggle, they make a lot of pain music with that real emotion you can feel,and they are able to articulate it on record in a way that doesn't come off as corny and screaky, like Eminem for example.

Jay and Nas didn't need to be from a deadbeat-mother-on-welfare background, and they didn't need to take a dish-washing job. They had strong single mothers for the most part, who worked all hours god sent to provide for them.

That real pain music from the struggle, with lots of emotion and real life pain just feels more authentic from a project background than a trailer park one.
  • alphajjcalphajjc Posts: 427
    I cant call it like that.

Nas went out of his way to defend Eminem on the Nigger Tape.

Like Gee said, he's not really taking a stand against anything either.

Believe it or not theres a large African and Muslim population in Europe. Nothing wrong with expanding your market to Europe as long as you aren't putting White people on a pedestal to do it.

Somebody show me where Jay is elevating Whiteness over Blackness and you may have a point.

thread/ i got respect for nas hes in my top 5 but u can't sit there and be for your people. But yet defend an artist who had racist tapes.

and take pics with racist ass amy whinehouse

Before anyone gets cliche and states the obvious YES i know that I am bumping an old thread and im a new member....but i wanted to ask you to PROVE in here the best you can that Amy Winehouse was a racist.

I am waiting

And please if you have the chance provide us with the video that shows her being racist and her singing "blacks pakis gooks and nips"...."gooks and nips"---Call the cops, what an evil jewish girl. How dare she say "blacks"!! Did you even see the "horrible" video?

As for yourself H-Rap 180 i just discovered your posts through accident through google yesterday and I have been reading many of them and I have to say all though there are certain things I disagree with you on, in the short time that I have looked at your posts and topics I have got to say you are really insightful and a knowledgeable poster.

The comparisons you made between Jay and Nas are some of the best comparisons i have heard between two major artists. I have to applaud you because normally in the past I have seen people compare too artists and how they are different and they did not do a very good job at it at all.

What i wanted to ask you is if you believe that Jay and Nas both notice these differences between the two of them and if they are "entertaining it"?

alphajjc wrote: »

Believe it or not theres a large African and Muslim population in Europe. Nothing wrong with expanding your market to Europe as long as you aren't putting White people on a pedestal to do it.

Somebody show me where Jay is elevating Whiteness over Blackness and you may have a point.

thread/ i got respect for nas hes in my top 5 but u can't sit there and be for your people. But yet defend an artist who had racist tapes.

Before anyone gets cliche and states the obvious YES i know that I am bumping an old thread and im a new member....but i wanted to ask you to PROVE in here the best you can that Amy Winehouse was a racist.

I am waiting

And please if you have the chance provide us with the video that shows her being racist and her singing "blacks pakis gooks and nips"...."gooks and nips"---Call the cops, what an evil jewish girl. How dare she say "blacks"!! Did you even see the "horrible" video?

As for yourself H-Rap 180 i just discovered your posts through accident through google yesterday and I have been reading many of them and I have to say all though there are certain things I disagree with you on, in the short time that I have looked at your posts and topics I have got to say you are really insightful and a knowledgeable poster.

The comparisons you made between Jay and Nas are some of the best comparisons i have heard between two major artists. I have to applaud you because normally in the past I have seen people compare too artists and how they are different and they did not do a very good job at it at all.

What i wanted to ask you is if you believe that Jay and Nas both notice these differences between the two of them and if they are "entertaining it"?

So you saw the lyrics, the references, the nick-names, the samples, and the associations?

You cant ignore the obvious comparisons.

Do the research, JayZ ended his last album with the Europeon Mr. Hudson..Nas ended his last album with the Afrikan K'naan.

JayZ won an Emmy last year for performing at the Superbowl, Nas won an Emmy thesame year before for African amputee soccer players.

I could give you a thousand parallels.

They have both embraced different cultures for different reasons and I know they are conscious of this.

I am waiting

So you saw the lyrics, the references, the nick-names, the samples, and the associations?

Do the research, JayZ ended his last album with the Europeon Mr. Hudson..Nas ended his last album with the Afrikan K'naan.

JayZ won an Emmy last year for performing at the Superbowl, Nas won an Emmy thesame year before for African amputee soccer players.

They have both embraced different cultures for different reasons and I know they are conscious of this.

Damn these two man LOL. I would have never even thought about all of this until you brought it up. But i have to say I don't think Nas "Life is Good" is going to continue this trend? What do you think?

Obviously I see Jay continuing his "European" trend, but for Nas upcoming record with the theme that he has been talking about, I think the album is going to not have that African philosophy that "Untitled" and "Distant Relatives" had.

I am waiting

Damn these two man LOL. I would have never even thought about all of this until you brought it up. But i have to say I don't think Nas "Life is Good" is going to continue this trend? What do you think?

Obviously I see Jay continuing his "European" trend, but for Nas upcoming record with the theme that he has been talking about, I think the album is going to not have that African philosophy that "Untitled" and "Distant Relatives" had.

When we refer to the Black experience we sometimes say "From Pyramids to Projects to the Penthouse", Nas has rapped about all aspects of that from Egypt to Queens to Thugs-Mansion.

After seeing his last three videos for "Nasty", "Ghetto Dreams" & "Nothing to Lose" I think hes going to keep it on halfway between the project-Nas and the penthouse-Nas with a little pyramid text sprinkld in here-and-there.

Nas has never released an album that didnt go GOLD and "Life is Good" will be his 10th album in almost 20 years in the game so its going to be a special project with alot of big names attatched to it.

I am waiting

When we refer to the Black experience we sometimes say "From Pyramids to Projects to the Penthouse", Nas has rapped about all aspects of that from Egypt to Queens to Thugs-Mansion.

After seeing his last three videos for "Nasty", "Ghetto Dreams" & "Nothing to Lose" I think hes going to keep it on halfway between the project-Nas and the penthouse-Nas with a little pyramid text sprinkld in here-and-there.

Nas has never released an album that didnt go GOLD and "Life is Good" will be his 10th album in almost 20 years in the game so its going to be a special project with alot of big names attatched to it.

Did you see that recent feature XXL magazine had talking about Nas and his recent music?

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2012/02/nas’s-second-coming-xxl-rates-god’s-son’s-resurgence/comment-page-2/

They definitely made great points when putting up that feature. I did not even realize that Nas has had so many collaborations in the past year. I really am anticipating the wait for "Life Is Good" and I am getting hyped up for it.

Many people have been saying that "Life Is Good" will have that same balance and theme that "Stillmatic"---Even going as far as to say it will be "Stillmatic Part 2" and i have to say i agree somewhat.

Good point bringing up how all of Nas's albums have gone gold. Alot of people may think that is not a big deal but for a guy who supposedly "has no mainstream success" and "the average person does not like him", he sure is selling more records than you would "expect".

Hate to be cliche but it really is amazing how Karma works. I bet Curtis Jackson would have laughed 5 years ago if anyone said that in 2012 Nas would have the most anticipated album of the year(no one knows if Kanye or Jay is coming out with an album this year).

That is what happens when you burn bridges and alienate people so much that you become blacklisted and people get tired of you.

Sorry to go off topic by bringing up 50 but i just had to say this..

"Get Rich Or Die Trying" is going to age HORRIBLYYYYYY as an album, while "Illmatic" and even Nas "AVERAGE" albums will continue to live on.

As for Nas album i just hope he does not add TOO MUCH features because i have never been a fan of hip hop albums that have an "orgy" of collaborations because they dont want to hurt their "homies" feelings.

And i honestly think that Jay's next solo album is going to be his weakest record in his entire career.....i just get that feeling
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,082
    Yo, ya'll should listen to this Guru interview it fits into the topic of this thread. It's very informative.

• While what Young Guru says in that video sounds good on the surface, that sort of mealy-mouthed, have it both ways, sentiment has been the undoing of blacks since we were brought here as slaves.

The whole system is set up so that there can only be a few "niggas in paris" and a whole lot of "niggas in poorest."
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,082
    While what Young Guru says in that video sounds good on the surface, that sort of mealy-mouthed, have it both ways, sentiment has been the undoing of blacks since we were brought here as slaves.

The whole system is set up so that there can only be a few "niggas in paris" and a whole lot of "niggas in poorest."

Or maybe too many niggas have the victims mentality, the system will find a way of weeding out the weak mfs. If i fail or succeed it's gonna be because of my work ethic and intelligence, not my race or where i come from.
  • Making it as an individual ain't shit; it's not hard. Especially if you simply align yourself with the euro-centric power paradigm and follow that to it's logical conclusion.

But if you study history you will see that their has been a concerted effort of the people in power's behalf to keep black people subjugated collectively. And I'm not talking on some Illuminati boogey-man shit either. I'm saying straight up laws and practices have been passed and upheld to keep blacks where they are, worldwide.