What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Internet people who THINK they know about gangs...

13

Replies

  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ^^^
    Good post. That's my thing. Why does it matter to neutrons if a rapper is false flagging? If it was such a big deal, the "real gangs" would speak up or handle things. Right?

    Probably the same reason it matters to you about what internet people think they know? It is what it is. But to be completely honest your point is flawed. You basically said if you don't know about something first hand you shouldn't care or think about it. By that logic someone needs to shut down the IC right now there's no reason for anyone to post any longer.

    But since you opened the thread for discussion help me understand why you don't apply your own logic to those you're speaking about? Like why do you care so much if you're not (the rappers) friend or in his set or even the topic of internet gang experts threads or statements.

    Just sayin...it ain't a big deal but it goes both ways.
  • NoHateNoFearNoHateNoFear Posts: 125
    edited August 2011
    1. Not everybody on the internet is lame and be on the computer all day... its 2011... its ALL kinda folks online, gangsters, thugs, regular blue collar folks, etc.

    2. Gangs started in NYC... when immigrants came to America in early 1800s (maybe even earlier) some died and their kids became oprhans. In order to protect themselves they formed gangs. However they participated in petty crimes (theft, battery, etc.)

    3. Big street organizations/MOBS/ Nations (10,000+ members) started in Chicago. Folks believe black gangs started in Cali, maybe they did, however they werent as ORGANIZED and STRUCTURED like Chicago organizations.

    4. ANYBODY can become blood, crip, gd, vl, etc. today without any formal iniation (sp.). A person can LITERALLY wake and claim any gang. There's no structure of heirarchy in most, if not all gangs.
    $TACK OR $TARVE
  • lactlact Posts: 11
    edited August 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    condemn the drug dealers... salute the head of some big tobacco company

    Where have I saluted anyone? Please point it out. Use the quote function if you must, or just paraphrase it. And yeah, shame on me for calling someone out for destroying peoples lives. I'M clearly the asshole here.
  • shtoopidshtoopid Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I never called you an ass hole.

    I just pointed out that small time drug dealers are condemned, yet CEOs of tobacco and liquor companies are looked up to in a positive light
    when their products are killin the most people

    don't forget doctors. i hurt my leg when i was like, 14l and they gave me every pain pill under the sun. didn't even need em.
  • 6ft56ft5 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    lol gangs started wayyyyyyyyyyyyy before the 1960's, the 1800's is when street gangs started and it was in ny...cali and chicago just did it bigger and brought it into mainstream light

    Have you seen the movie gangs of new york?
  • dan_the_man.comdan_the_man.com Posts: 701
    edited August 2011
    .."New Orleans doesn't have gangs"..

    they dont. they have tribal wars, so to speak. project v. project. then wayne started claiming that blood shit in his 20s. average young cats start banging at a young (age13-16)..
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    6ft5 wrote: »
    Have you seen the movie gangs of new york?

    I have whats your point? The earliest gangs date before the time the movie was set in.
  • 6ft56ft5 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    I have whats your point? The earliest gangs date before the time the movie was set in.

    I know I'm saying it kind of shows how far back gangs go and how they are different from what we see in modern gang culture
  • lactlact Posts: 11
    edited August 2011
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I never called you an ass hole.

    I just pointed out that small time drug dealers are condemned, yet CEOs of tobacco and liquor companies are looked up to in a positive light
    when their products are killin the most people

    The difference is, big tobacco companies aren't turning the inner city in to a blighted war zone so they can sell their goods.
  • FrankOceanIsGayFrankOceanIsGay Posts: 402
    edited August 2011
    Lotta fake ganglang bangers here lol.. Real gangsters dont rap or use msg forums
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    6ft5 wrote: »
    I know I'm saying it kind of shows how far back gangs go and how they are different from what we see in modern gang culture

    They arent really that much different though...maybe some motives and processes have changed and been alterd but its not as different as you might think...the rudementary idea of gangs has remained pretty similar
  • 6ft56ft5 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    They arent really that much different though...maybe some motives and processes have changed and been alterd but its not as different as you might think...the rudementary idea of gangs has remained pretty similar

    I agree, as long as things like poverty and drugs are in our communities gang culture and violence will exist
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    Probably the same reason it matters to you about what internet people think they know? It is what it is. But to be completely honest your point is flawed. You basically said if you don't know about something first hand you shouldn't care or think about it. By that logic someone needs to shut down the IC right now there's no reason for anyone to post any longer.

    But since you opened the thread for discussion help me understand why you don't apply your own logic to those you're speaking about? Like why do you care so much if you're not (the rappers) friend or in his set or even the topic of internet gang experts threads or statements.

    Just sayin...it ain't a big deal but it goes both ways.

    False. There are plenty of conversations to be had. But because this is the internet, it's damn near inevitable for people to start speculating on things they have no knowledge on i.e. celebrities personal/private lives. All I'm questioning is why people care so much about what they are clearly ignorant of? And then proceed to speak on such things as if they actually know for fact.

    That's like a teenager trying to tell you about 90's Hip Hop because they heard a couple Biggie and Pac records. It doesn't work like that.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

    I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
  • judahxulujudahxulu Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    ^^^
    Good post. That's my thing. Why does it matter to neutrons if a rapper is false flagging? If it was such a big deal, the "real gangs" would speak up or handle things. Right?

    thats exactly why industry people don't false flag none of the nations in the chi...
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats exactly why industry people don't false flag none of the nations in the chi...

    True! lol cause shit would get real. When a rapper gets popular enough, at SOME POINT they're going to have to come through Chicago because it's such a big city. And if you're from here, you know that downtown is a dead end between the Southside and Westside and even Northside. In other words, no where to run.

    With that being said, I haven't heard of any rapper catching a bad one in the Chicago in a while now. Waka Flocka gets alot of love here for example whenever he comes through.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

    I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
  • NoHateNoFearNoHateNoFear Posts: 125
    edited August 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    thats exactly why industry people don't false flag none of the nations in the chi...

    c/s 100%.... i aint seen no rappers outside of chicago claim any chi mob... wit da exception of jody breeze (black stone) but he certified... jody be in da go all da time
    $TACK OR $TARVE
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I swear yall find everything to b_tch about!
    What better is it to claim a set over the net or self promote yourselves by trying to prove you know more about streets and gangs real people don't really care about this sh_t cuz u realize that if your on the internet any strange person can say they are this or that who gives a f_ck! This is there internet its not that serious to cry over every got dang thing there is sh_t!
    Street Military members:

    K.B. DA KIDNAPPA , LIL FLEA , ICEY HOTT , PHAROAH , KLONDIKE KAT , R.I.P. NUTT


    Killa Klan members: BAM , SKI-BO , TOO , STACK PACK , 2-REAL , FAKKULTY
  • NoHateNoFearNoHateNoFear Posts: 125
    edited August 2011
    True! lol cause shit would get real. When a rapper gets popular enough, at SOME POINT they're going to have to come through Chicago because it's such a big city. And if you're from here, you know that downtown is a dead end between the Southside and Westside and even Northside. In other words, no where to run.

    With that being said, I haven't heard of any rapper catching a bad one in the Chicago in a while now. Waka Flocka gets alot of love here for example whenever he comes through.

    lol dats real talk... and dat nigga waka do get alotta love in da chi (dat shit surprising)... but he was jus here last month... he did a track wit a few nigga from the pocket
    $TACK OR $TARVE
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    boss jay wrote: »
    LOL New Orleans did not have gangs...I got bookoo niggas from the NO...older than me...and Im 23 and b4 my son, I stayed in the streets...u can ask Pastor Troy Coo Coo Cal...performed wit Troy n recorded wit Coo Coo in Mil-town..u can chk my FB u'll see all kinda friends from Da Mil...I be all over 4real..My son slowed me done, and cleaned my life up. I hate when people think just cuz you on the net dont mean u could have been in the streets. lol...But then try 2 turn n justify their fav rappers fake actions...lol..
    I am What I am..and real niggas know what I mean.

    That's my whole issue with the false flaggin.

    Why even claim a gang after you've already became a millionaire or successful artist.

    To the t/s, you don't have to know Lil Wayne to be able to figure out that he's a phony gang member. He was a Hot Boy since 13 or 14, how can he be a real Blood after he was almost 25 years old.

    He might've been put on by some real Bloods or be affiliated with some, but he has no credibility to claim something that he put in now work for.

    The same gang that little kids are dying over while he gets to sit back in his multi-million dollar mansion and hide behind his bodyguards.
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    dawg somebody lend that man a few cotton balls...
    Street Military members:

    K.B. DA KIDNAPPA , LIL FLEA , ICEY HOTT , PHAROAH , KLONDIKE KAT , R.I.P. NUTT


    Killa Klan members: BAM , SKI-BO , TOO , STACK PACK , 2-REAL , FAKKULTY
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt STREET MILITARY till Infinity !!!! Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    yall must not got no freinds to talk to go to the store!
    Street Military members:

    K.B. DA KIDNAPPA , LIL FLEA , ICEY HOTT , PHAROAH , KLONDIKE KAT , R.I.P. NUTT


    Killa Klan members: BAM , SKI-BO , TOO , STACK PACK , 2-REAL , FAKKULTY
  • judahxulujudahxulu Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    True! lol cause shit would get real. When a rapper gets popular enough, at SOME POINT they're going to have to come through Chicago because it's such a big city. And if you're from here, you know that downtown is a dead end between the Southside and Westside and even Northside. In other words, no where to run.

    With that being said, I haven't heard of any rapper catching a bad one in the Chicago in a while now. Waka Flocka gets alot of love here for example whenever he comes through.
    Dipset used to rotate through different tips on the south side and out west doing thangs for real. waka get love like that cuz so many of them shawties on that cutthroat wavelength his music and persona tend to be on.
    You hear 'bout rick ross delaying his show cause marks wanted to split his wig for having chairman hoover's name in his mouth? nigga had to call in a favor with j.prince who had larry hoover jr show up to save that nigga.

    theres a whole nother level than that blood and crip shit in the go. i lived in l.a. and it aint sweet like that but at the same time they way more layed back than the city. i done lived on 62nd and winchester, 66th and green, marquette and marquette, 53rd and lowe and 68th and harvard. i felt like i was floating thru candy;and out in l.a. i remember when the folks on the low end had the projects on lock with snipers and shit bucking from window to window across buildings. a nigga got executed in my alley and one time we caught a dopefieen taking a shit in the gangway.
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    c/s 100%.... i aint seen no rappers outside of chicago claim any chi mob... wit da exception of jody breeze (black stone) but he certified... jody be in da go all da time

    Thats also because chicago gangs (barring the spanish ones) arent as popular outside of their areas as crips or bloods are outside ofcali...but i remember being in cali 10 years ago and some bloods n crips dont know what a lord or disciple was. And they had no presence at all on tv outside of the midwest 10-12 years ago...hard for these people to imitate shit theyve never seen. Not to discredit chi gangs or nothing but theyre gangs werent as well known.

    In atlanta though years ago people knew of and claim gd stone and lord because of all the chicago implants running from gang life and all the kids from the suburbs of chicago wanting to be hard in front of these country niggas
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Dipset used to rotate through different tips on the south side and out west doing thangs for real. waka get love like that cuz so many of them shawties on that cutthroat wavelength his music and persona tend to be on.
    You hear 'bout rick ross delaying his show cause marks wanted to split his wig for having chairman hoover's name in his mouth? nigga had to call in a favor with j.prince who had larry hoover jr show up to save that nigga.

    theres a whole nother level than that blood and crip shit in the go. i lived in l.a. and it aint sweet like that but at the same time they way more layed back than the city. i done lived on 62nd and winchester, 66th and green, marquette and marquette, 53rd and lowe and 68th and harvard. i felt like i was floating thru candy;and out in l.a. i remember when the folks on the low end had the projects on lock with snipers and shit bucking from window to window across buildings. a nigga got executed in my alley and one time we caught a dopefieen taking a shit in the gangway.
    Yeah I saw you mention that earlier today. Where did that Ross incident take place? In the city or in the South burbs? It's crazy that that would happen when everytime I go to the club and BMF comes on, the ENTIRE crowd erupts over the "I think I'm Larry Hoover" line. Folks don't get mad, they just throw up the forks and party like usual.

    To the rest of your post, that's real. I was born in raised in Terror Town so I know what you're talking about. And it's been summertime so niggas are at war.
    im_lux wrote: »
    Thats also because chicago gangs (barring the spanish ones) arent as popular outside of their areas as crips or bloods are outside ofcali...but i remember being in cali 10 years ago and some bloods n crips dont know what a lord or disciple was. And they had no presence at all on tv outside of the midwest 10-12 years ago...hard for these people to imitate shit theyve never seen. Not to discredit chi gangs or nothing but theyre gangs werent as well known.

    In atlanta though years ago people knew of and claim gd stone and lord because of all the chicago implants running from gang life and all the kids from the suburbs of chicago wanting to be hard in front of these country niggas

    Let me guess. You think that just because someone is from the suburbs that they aren't in a gang? Chicago's suburbs aren't stereotypical happy go lucky white picket fences and shit. Someone on the IC got shot and killed early this year in a south Chicago suburb.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

    I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
  • NoHateNoFearNoHateNoFear Posts: 125
    edited August 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    Thats also because chicago gangs (barring the spanish ones) arent as popular outside of their areas as crips or bloods are outside ofcali...but i remember being in cali 10 years ago and some bloods n crips dont know what a lord or disciple was. And they had no presence at all on tv outside of the midwest 10-12 years ago...hard for these people to imitate shit theyve never seen. Not to discredit chi gangs or nothing but theyre gangs werent as well known.

    In atlanta though years ago people knew of and claim gd stone and lord because of all the chicago implants running from gang life and all the kids from the suburbs of chicago wanting to be hard in front of these country niggas

    thats real talk... crips and blood are more mainstream
    $TACK OR $TARVE
This discussion has been closed.