Down South>>>>>>>>>>West Coast

Replies

• HipHopFiend91HipHopFiend91 Posts: 2,394
    edited September 2011
    that maybe a fact..

its also a fact, the west is wacc as fuck right now..

c.s i'm from the west and our shit is terrible right now. You got guys like Nipsey and Kendrick doing there thing though. I got no hate for south though i fuck with Texas Rap and Memphis rap pretty heavy.
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Im.from.da.boot.so.u dont have.to tell me nething bout p I know him n silk was ouy there n had cali nigz on ealy nl shit like king george,big ed n I believe.his wife sonya c.was.from.cali nit neway p.done.said.tht.out.his mouth j.prince.rap a lot influence him nigga he was n da south before he went to cali

I'm not saying he didn't say prince and them boys didn't influence him but don't for a second think or try to discredit the game he got from round this way... You also have to take into account when he said that?? because for a good while there was some cats from the bay riding hard against p mainly Oakland rappers .. So who knows what kind of agenda or bias was going thru his head when he made that statement.....
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    because the only rappers id wanna listen to from there are snoop and 2 pac.

Well....... It's obvious you loosin....... Cos it's way more shit then the legends holdin it down correctly out here
  • booty-gif-dot-combooty-gif-dot-com Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    disclaimer: Im from North Carolina

Down South Produced Gucci Mane who i think is pretty phuckin wack

West Coast produced Coolio who i think is just as wack..

They both got hits, they both got famous, they both suck to me. so its even. every region has there heroes and dead beats!
  • dan_the_man.comdan_the_man.com Posts: 701
    edited September 2011
    early southern hip hop was heavily influenced by west coast gangstas rap..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    Well....... It's obvious you loosin....... Cos it's way more shit then the legends holdin it down correctly out here

i aint losing shit...
    edited September 2011
    early southern hip hop was heavily influenced by west coast gangstas rap..

yeah that's what i'm saying. A lot of the southern rappers said them selves they were influenced by guys like Spice 1,Eazy,NWA, Cube.
  • dan_the_man.comdan_the_man.com Posts: 701
    edited September 2011
  • ratchet bityratchet bity Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I'm not saying he didn't say prince and them boys didn't influence him but don't for a second think or try to discredit the game he got from round this way... You also have to take into account when he said that?? because for a good while there was some cats from the bay riding hard against p mainly Oakland rappers .. So who knows what kind of agenda or bias was going thru his head when he made that statement.....

Wht rappers ?yukmouth n some.otha no name niggas.
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    lmao at the reckless name dropping these kids caught mad feelings thats 2 days in a row i made a reason poster lose it

one post got 14 name drops

[/b]

cosign

looooooooool
    edited September 2011
    lol menace how you going to call some one gay when u made that jeff axel alias saying you love him.
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 25,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    lol menace how you going to call some one gay when u made that jeff axel alias saying you love him.

Never said it like that i did when the alias shit was going down. Never said i would do shit to him

and who did i call gay?
    edited September 2011

Also.while p.was in cali in big boy cash money n otha n.o. Labels were doin same.thing.did.they get game from.cali too? suave was doin 2 hell even 3/6 was doin.early
    edited September 2011
    Wht rappers ?yukmouth n some.otha no name niggas.

Yuk went at him for a good while and the Otha cat was milkman damn i remember that diss track to from back in the day shit had me rollin

[video]
  • Malcolm XtraMalcolm Xtra Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Nipsey Hussle
    Kendrick Lamar
    Dom Kennedy
    Shabazz Palaces
    Lil B

Stop hatin on the West...The West is doin its own thing and aint worried about nobody else.
    edited September 2011
    Nipsey Hussle
    Kendrick Lamar
    Dom Kennedy
    Shabazz Palaces
    Lil B

Stop hatin on the West...The West is doin its own thing and aint worried about nobody else.

lol at lil b gtfoh with that.
  • baller2500baller2500 Posts: 193
    edited September 2011
    The south killed hip hop

close this gay thread

Y'all niggas don't even check for the TALENTED west coast rappers

Y'all just laugh at Lil B and run with it
  • KidLife10200KidLife10200 Posts: 1,075
    edited September 2011
    Nah no sign.

I fuck with the West Coast. LA reminds me of Miami which is why I fuck with it.

A lot of the slang we speak in Florida came from the Bay Area.

New York on the other hand...A bunch of fake ass wanna be italian clowns over there. A completely irrelevant state that thinks they run rap, baseball, football and basketball.

Which is a complete joke.
    edited September 2011
    Also.while p.was in cali in big boy cash money n otha n.o. Labels were doin same.thing.did.they get game from.cali too? suave was doin 2 hell even 3/6 was doin.early

No doubt dudes was doin they thing in other places ... Never said they weren't but P himself was in Cali when he started his label .... Around the cats that had been doing independent grinding since the 80's as well dealing with independent artist from Cali with his record store putting on independent artist from Cali with his early tank shit .... so I ain't goin for that he ain't got nothing from the west talk brutha
  • Malcolm XtraMalcolm Xtra Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    lol at lil b gtfoh with that.

Stop hatin on lil b....Folks try to clown lil b but that "Im Gay" (Im Happy) album had a positive message that i dont hear no rappers speaking on...Fuck the name of the album and who put it out...How come the message of the album never gets spoken on?
    edited September 2011
    No doubt dudes was doin they thing in other places ... Never said they weren't but P himself was in Cali when he started his label .... Around the cats that had been doing independent grinding since the 80's as well dealing with independent artist from Cali with his record store putting on independent artist from Cali with his early tank shit .... so I ain't goin for that he ain't got nothing from the west talk brutha

Nighaz n south.was doin.since.80s bruh. P had was sellin out his.store while nighas.n bay.was sellin out trunk. I.aint goin fo.the.west taught south how to get money talk
  • MysticBoyMysticBoy Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    They sleepin' on Lil Boss. But he's seeing their features and when he comes, they're fired.
    edited September 2011
    Nighaz n south.was doin.since.80s bruh. P had was sellin out his.store while nighas.n bay.was sellin out trunk. I.aint goin fo.the.west taught south how to get money talk

Bruh u tryna tell me P was the only rapper wit music in the stores in the bay? Nah......
    edited September 2011
    Bruh u tryna tell me P was the only rapper wit music in the stores in the bay? Nah......

Naw with a store
    edited September 2011
    Naw with a store

And like I said Cali niggas had they shit in the store too... The man came up on some bread and was able to open his own spot not seeing how this shows or proves him not capitalizing on the already moving independent hustle that was going on in Cali .... Shit if anything the fact that a hiphop shop like that could be successful in the area is a testament to where the people were at as far as supporting local independent shit already .... It was a way rappers were already movin pimp... And he was able to reap the benefits