Cameron Wake was HUMILIATED by a Rookie tonight

KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
They kept showing replay after replay of Pro Bowler Cameron Wake getting pancaked by ROOKIE Nate Solder.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a pass rusher get so dominated. Even Warren Sapp on NFLN was laughing about it. He got ragdolled play after play. His only sack was a coverage sack where Brady held onto the ball way too long. Wake was on his back the entire game. That was some Zab Judah vs Kostya Tszyu shit tonight.

Another solid draft pick for the Pats.

Replies

• bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    he played well, but let's not exaggerate. Wake would have had another sack, but Solder held him. And getting 2 sacks in a game isn't being humiliated. Solder did have a good game though
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419
    edited September 2011
    It was kinda embarassing but then again i cant remember seeing a size difference between two pro linemen like that in a long time solder made wake look like a 9th grader
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    im_lux wrote: »
    It was kinda embarassing but then again i cant remember seeing a size difference between two pro linemen like that in a long time solder made wake look like a 9th grader

Height difference doesnt always matter. Shorter guys like Wake and Harrison can easily use it to their advantage to gain leverage. They should also have way better speed since they are shorter and lighter.

Face it, WAKE was humiliated on national TV by a Rookie.
  • tru_m.a.ctru_m.a.c Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    so we're making excuse for C.Wake now???

I ain't realize we had this many dolphins fans.....
    KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2011
    he played well, but let's not exaggerate. Wake would have had another sack, but Solder held him. And getting 2 sacks in a game isn't being humiliated. Solder did have a good game though

Brady threw the ball 48 times.

48.... 4....8...

And we're supposed to be impressed that Wake got 1 sack against a Rookie? LMFAO. Where was Wake on the other 47 throwing plays? He got pancaked over and over.
  • im_luxim_lux Posts: 2,419
    edited September 2011
    Height difference doesnt always matter. Shorter guys like Wake and Harrison can easily use it to their advantage to gain leverage. They should also have way better speed since they are shorter and lighter.

Face it, WAKE was humiliated on national TV by a Rookie.

Oh trust me I know that I was a 5'10 starting D-lineman in high school most of the linemen I played against were much taller than I was but with that extra height comes more weight and reach. It's harder for a shorter lineman to get around pass protection from a taller lineman than it is to get around a run block which generally takes reach out of the equation and throws in leverage and speed. I was faster than most of my comp so I was fine but the speed difference in high school is incomparable to the speed difference in the pros there's just not as big of a gap.

I'm not really making excuses for the nigga but at the same time people are always try to say size doesn't matter...but it does hence the effect on the size of linemen these days. And despite the size difference the rookie didn't seem to be slow dude obviously had his issues running around him if you can't run around him you gotta go through him size has it's advantages.

If you're smaller you've gotta be faster and adapt better than your comp. But once again I'm not saying he didn't own Wake cause he definately did I'm not taking shit from the rookie he did his thang.
    edited September 2011
    Brady threw the ball 48 times.

48.... 4....8...

And we're supposed to be impressed that Wake got 1 sack against a Rookie? LMFAO. Where was Wake on the other 47 throwing plays? He got pancaked over and over.

1) lots of people don't get sacks in some games period. So his 1 he got, and the 1 he would have had if Solder hadn't held him (they called the hold) wasn't too bad.
    2) I don't think you understand what pancaking someone is
    KINGOFDAARCADE
  • ghost!ghost! to possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    1) lots of people don't get sacks in some games period. So his 1 he got, and the 1 he would have had if Solder hadn't held him (they called the hold) wasn't too bad.

Any way you slice it, he was owned by a rookie, every nfl football media outlet has echoed the same thing (ex: warren sapp said it).
    KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2011
    ghost! wrote: »
    Any way you slice it, he was owned by a rookie, every nfl football media outlet has echoed the same thing (ex: warren sapp said it).

I said he had a good game. He had a better game than Wake. I just think sayin Wake was humiliated is an overstatement
    edited September 2011
    LOL @ the poor excuses.

Cameron Wake would be playing in the CFL again if he had to go up against Nate Solder every Sunday
    edited September 2011
    I said he had a good game. He had a better game than Wake. I just think sayin Wake was humiliated is an overstatement

He was humiliated though.

1 sack out of 48 pass attempts. Where was he every other throwing play? On his bacK!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • goat334goat334 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Nate was doing a lot of holding. I'm not a fan of either team, but the Rookie was holding his ass off last night.
    KINGOFDAARCADE
  • thatni99ajahmalthatni99ajahmal Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011

He really doesnt..

Cam Wake did get owned bcuz he wasnt using his leverage right and Solder would just lay on him once he got him down..

It is what it is..

Dont make it seem like Cam is some All World pass rusher either it was first trip to the pro bowl and his first year as a full year starter..
    goat334 wrote: »
    Nate was doing a lot of holding. I'm not a fan of either team, but the Rookie was holding his ass off last night.

I was sayin that in the NFL thread they didnt throw one fucking flag..
    KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2011

owned, humiliated in the sense it was a rookie....any word you wanna drum up describe it. Wwould you like me to post what other media outlets have said? ANd being that brady put up career numbers in that game, for mnf, 5th on the all time list as well...i would said he got OWNED!
    KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2011
    ghost! wrote: »
    owned, humiliated in the sense it was a rookie....any word you wanna drum up describe it. Wwould you like me to post what other media outlets have said? ANd being that brady put up career numbers in that game, for mnf, 5th on the all time list as well...i would said he got OWNED!

Chad Henne also put up career numbers your point??
    edited September 2011

I was sayin that in the NFL thread they didnt throw one fucking flag..

kind of like when the fins DB held chad johnson down by like the 10 yard line before the half.

yea for him, but is anyone talking about chad henne, annnnd is there anyone on the pats defensive that's deemed a push rusher like Cam is? Ahh nope, the statement was about the rookie on cam....thats the point
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 30,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    goat334 wrote: »

pretty much.........
    edited September 2011

LOL @ this blatant homer.

I bet he still has Dolphins bedsheets and pillow cases with Dan Marino on them. How you gonna bring a broad home when you got a Chad henne poster on your wall?
    edited September 2011

I bet he still has Dolphins bedsheets and pillow cases with Dan Marino on them. How you gonna bring a broad home when you got a Chad henne poster on your wall?

How the fuck is that being a homer?? Chad Henne had a career night simple as that i dont think you can dispute that..
  • b*brazeb*braze Posts: 8,968
    edited September 2011

ridiculous....

stock-photo-pot-calling-kettle-black-30172213.jpg
    edited May 2012
    finally found a gif

nate-solder-o.gif

Wake got pancaked
    infamous114
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 11,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going post any gifs of the giants Dline embarrassing the pats entire Oline in the Super Bowl...
    nujerz84
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who cares Giants shits on the Pats twice last season and won the Superbowl...LOL @ that gif being a highlight to brag about.
    finally found a gif

nate-solder-o.gif

Wake got pancaked

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PANCAKING IS! Blocking someone isn't pancaking them. The one time Wake went to the ground in the gif you put up it was a hold. But more importantly...no one cares about that shit anymore.

• Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasPosts: 5,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/s is the same nigga who thought Jonah Hill was apart of the A's organization because of the movie "Moneyball"
    Fuck outta here son, that GIF wasn't even a pancake block.