Is the Bronx the most least productive boro in the nyc?

lethal5lethal5 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Reason
Quality wise?

I mean hip hop started there...but what have they really done since besides Pun & krs-1?

Replies

• AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    there's plenty of rappers from the Bronx but none of them are that great or still around lol

There's Fat Joe, Cory Gunz, Diamond D, and Mickey Factz
  • murdamike209murdamike209 Posts: 232
    edited October 2011
    there's plenty of rappers from the bronx but none of them are that great or still around lol

there's fat joe, cory gunz, diamond d, and mickey factz

so no one??????
  • birdcallavelibirdcallaveli Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    swizz beats is from the bronx too
  • murdamike209murdamike209 Posts: 232
    edited October 2011
    What would be the most productive boro? I think it's out of harlem and brooklyn
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    swizz beats is from the bronx too

True. But I would say Stateln Island is the least productive borough. Besides Wu Tang (who i love) who else is holding it down for Staten Island
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I'm fuckin wit Queens.
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Foxy Brown
  • talik23talik23 Posts: 2,929
    edited October 2011
    True. But I would say Stateln Island is the least productive borough. Besides Wu Tang (who i love) who else is holding it down for Staten Island

co sign strong island is the least productive.
  • lethal5lethal5 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    most poductive is between Queens & BK

BK = some of the GOAT's
    Queens = Pushes out the higher quantity of dope rappers
  • ROFL.GUYROFL.GUY Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    it was 90 degrees here today in so-cal i got my tan on and went swimming on october 20th 2011

i wish i lived in new york
    edited October 2011
    talik23 wrote: »

strong island is long island brah lol
  • blaq diemenzblaq diemenz Posts: 208 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    What would be the most productive boro? I think it's out of harlem and brooklyn

harlem started early
    rob base
    and then big l mase
    then the whole dipset run
    vado
    jae millz

so i think dude might be right on something except that shoalin has no one n i mean no one from that island that isnt wu tang or wu affiliated..
    bx
    also had nine/show n ag/hell rell ... man dude was right bx aint have much.. damn
    edited October 2011
    Most productive:

1)Brooklyn and Queens (Tied)
    3)Manhattan
    4)Bronx
    5)Staten Island
  • Paul Hate.Paul Hate. Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    BK ,BX,queens,harlem always have some attention ..manhattan outside of uptown only has mixtapers diddo for staten island.Jerz has a few dudes that catch a small buzz and get locked up like clockwork. The tri state is dead minus the old heads the mixtapers and philly rappers(the city of philly is seen as tri state technically).Too many dudes afraid of dropping retail..but everybodies flopping anyways...
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    for all the geography majors in this thread Harlem is a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan , Harlem is not a borough
  • Jabu_RuleJabu_Rule Don't believe the hype Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    blackbloc wrote: »
    for all the geography majors in this thread Harlem is a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan , Harlem is not a borough

If you wanna be specific like that then, there are really only a few hoods in BK and Queens that produced anybody worth of mention. bk: Bed Stuy\Brownsville\Crown heights\Flatbush (honorable mention prospect heights (foxy) and Clinton Hills (big) which were looked at as part of Bed Stuy and Crown Heights). Qu: Qeensbridge\South side Jamaica\honorable mention left rack (Nore).

Strong Island (long Island) had plenty of artist also. IE: Erick Sermon, Rakim, Keith Murray, Prodigy.

Bronx had it on Smash early on so they actually had a huge run. And half the Wu tang is from Brooklyn.
  • longmeatlongmeat Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    talik23 wrote: »

strong island is LI. and on the real, no one even counts SI as a burrough. They new jersey status far as im concerned
  • nyst8ofminnyst8ofmin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    what kinda stupid question is that?

just because the bronx isnt all over mtv & viacom &top 40 radio means that they lazy?

gtfoh.

ignorance is bliss. i think its time for you to open your eyes
  • Daddy_PeaceBuck$Daddy_PeaceBuck$ Posts: 203
    edited October 2011
    Strong Island Huh

1. EPMD
    2. DE LA SOUL
    3. PUBLIC ENEMY
    4l. LONS
    5. RAKIM
    6. K SOLO
    7. KEITH MURRAY
    8. JVC FORCE
    9. CRAIG MACK
    10. KMD

Yeah. We the least productive. I will even throw in Eddie Murphy. Fuck it.
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    I'm fuckin wit Queens.

My bad I thought this shit said most productive, I'm jus gon say Queens is my favorite borough.
    edited October 2011
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    what kinda stupid question is that?

just because the bronx isnt all over mtv & viacom &top 40 radio means that they lazy?

gtfoh.

ignorance is bliss. i think its time for you to open your eyes

feel free to list Bronx rappers will any buzz
  • ItzGravitationItzGravitation Posts: 7,206
    edited October 2011
    BK
    Queens
    the rest are pretty meh
  • stealthbomberstealthbomber Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    west coast>>>>
  • lethal5lethal5 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Somebody said AG? AG wasn't even hot when AG was considered to be hot.....although I like the Fat Pockets remix
  • mc317mc317 the landPosts: 3,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Quality wise?

I mean hip hop started there...but what have they really done since besides Pun & krs-1?

Niggas is starving there living in shelters and shit lookin like sewer rats i haven't seen living conditions like this since hurricane katrina.