For Real Tho..Why Is Jeezy A Platinum Artist

StiffStiff Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Reason
Don't get me wrong.. Jeezy my nigga and all and he makes bangers but I really can't imagine white people of this age buying his music..Like i've never heard a white person acknowledge Young Jeezy's existence..Somebody enlighten me yo..has anybody here went to the store and purchased a jeezy cd in their lifetime? Dating back to Thug Motivation he just never seemed like he had much mainstream appeal..

Replies

• LonedogAchillesLonedogAchilles Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    **scratches head**

**shrugs **
  • Supreme_GentlemanSupreme_Gentleman #RapeCulture Posts: 19,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Good thread topic, he has some good songs but he isn't producing plat quality albums.
  • dizzmatic89dizzmatic89 Posts: 721
    edited November 2011
    White people love Young Jeey, remember that Soul Survivor joint? Shit was big
  • birdcallavelibirdcallaveli Posts: 6,508
    edited November 2011
    nah ive never bought a jeezy album, but a girl i messed with in high school bought me his first album when it dropped because and then what and soul survivor were my shit. but thats the only person i know thats actually purchased one of his albums.
  • juan travoltajuan travolta Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    when he first came out all the white kids ate that shit up

i never really been a fan of dude though i only liked that soul

survivor joint.
    edited November 2011
    The nigga had a strong and I mean very strong fanbase in Atlanta. Around the time that he was getting shine, if you had a hit record and lived in Atlanta you'd have a record deal in a matter of months.

That with the fact that Jeezy actually made more than 1 good song is the reason why Young went platinum. Fans was still on their TM101 shit with his 2nd album. His 3rd album was crafted to address the recession and 1st black president. Everybody could relate to that shit white or black. The nigga was a good artist with great marketing at the right place at the right time with the right grind.

yea i guess when his first album came out niggas was still buying music. but white people buying music make plat rappers, and i've never heard a white person say jeezy's name lol.
    even when i was in school and Swagger Like Mine dropped and niggas was saying jeezy didn't belong on the song with them cats...
  • StiffStiff Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    The nigga had a strong and I mean very strong fanbase in Atlanta. Around the time that he was getting shine, if you had a hit record and lived in Atlanta you'd have a record deal in a matter of months.

That with the fact that Jeezy actually made more than 1 good song is the reason why Young went platinum. Fans was still on their TM101 shit with his 2nd album. His 3rd album was crafted to address the recession and 1st black president. Everybody could relate to that shit white or black. The nigga was a good artist with great marketing at the right place at the right time with the right grind.

I feel you on the bolded but is Jeezy really a household name like his sales would have you believe?
    yea i guess when his first album came out niggas was still buying music. but white people buying music make plat rappers, and i've never heard a white person say jeezy's name lol.
    even when i was in school and Swagger Like Mine dropped and niggas was saying jeezy didn't belong on the song with them cats...

This is exactly what I'm saying!
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I bought all 3 of his albums
  • Ier30Ier30 Posts: 311
    edited November 2011
    idk dude make good albums tho so....
    edited November 2011
    but he ROCKED the blueprint3 tour in greensboro. niggas stood and was hype through his whole set and he hadn't dropped a album in a year or two at the time
  • StiffStiff Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Word?? I was in the 8th grade when Thug Motivation came out..my homeboy was the biggest Jeezy fan ever..I mean this nigga would quote Jeezy like it was scripture in everyday situations..and I don't think he bought a single album.
  • Plop StarPlop Star Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    he sell out in traps worldwide

jeezy is gospel to a street nigga
  • TruerapTruerap Posts: 2,353
    edited November 2011
    With this song he became the man...........

• stealthbomberstealthbomber Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    respectfully disagree with thread premise. hes one of the only real niggas left in the game. he doesnt have much mainstream appeal except for his big hits but fuck it, white people dont know rap anyway. and i got all his albums.
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    *bought and still bangs all 3 Jeezy albums post

and IMO The Inspiration > The Recession > Thug Motivation
  • bscoopbscoop Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    reaperbong wrote: »
    *bought and still bangs all 3 Jeezy albums post

and IMO The Inspiration > The Recession > Thug Motivation

Smh @ The Recession being better than any of his albums....

Thug Motivation>>>The Inspiration>>>Cold Summer>>>The Recession
    edited November 2011
    .....Bitch whats happenin....known to get it crackin// heard about you already baby you can stop the acting//
    edited November 2011
    bscoop wrote: »
    Smh @ The Recession being better than any of his albums....

Thug Motivation>>>The Inspiration>>>Cold Summer>>>The Recession

damn, really? thought people would have a problem with putting The Inspiration album up there like that. last i heard general consensus was The Recession was dope/borderline classic/Southern classic or right up there with Thug Motivation 101. to me it had the most replay value than any of his albums but i still like The Inspiration better for some of the most creative and dark beats
  • CJCJ Posts: 12,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Plap Star wrote: »
    he sell out in traps worldwide

jeezy is gospel to a street nigga

• Breezy_KilroyBreezy_Kilroy Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    TM101 was the shit, I bought that album and played it from start to finish. actually from time to time i still play it from top to bottom. to me Jeezy won't top that for some reason. i remember that summer that's really all you heard playing in the D. he would sold way more if it album wasn't bootlegged. all my boys thought jeezy was the best rapper out that year.
    edited November 2011
    reaperbong wrote: »
    damn, really? thought people would have a problem with putting The Inspiration album up there like that. last i heard general consensus was The Recession was dope/borderline classic/Southern classic or right up there with Thug Motivation 101. to me it had the most replay value than any of his albums but i still like The Inspiration better for some of the most creative and dark beats

WHAT!!!!!

Bury Me a G
    Hypnotize
    U know what it Is
    3 AM
    I Do This Shit
    I Got Money

Nigga the beat off Hypnotize alone makes that shit better than The Recession.....Shit I remember I first heard that shit...I was high as fuck and that shit was the greatest thing I've ever heard
    edited November 2011
    ^yea you probably right, lol.. shit is extremely ill
  • chillychilly Posts: 1,206
    edited November 2011

^that.

He more of a car rapper though. I don't think besides his first cd I ever had him playing in an ipod. But remember his first cd had jay(iirc) on it(dope boys go crazy). He's one of them generic "real" rappers that somehow flourishes in hiphop every couple years.
  • thewave19thewave19 Posts: 1,371
    edited November 2011
    Jeezy went plat when shit was selling though
    edited November 2011
    thewave19 wrote: »
    Jeezy went plat when shit was selling though

The Recession is certified platinum and it was released in 2008. how long we gonna keep using this excuse?