flunkin outta college. fcked up in the game

Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
word life. not going to get into details about why i didn't have the motivation, where i fcked up at, or nothin. I'm looking for practical information here.

I got 90 credits but like the thread title said, i've flunked out. crazy i know how i got so far but yea i been fightin for survival (usin my wits to get by) but at the same time not doin shyt and now its caught up. i already talked myself out of my first academic suspension and got reinstated so yea thats not happenin again.

I really just want to get into the IT field. Now that finishin at this university is out of the question, what should I do now? I've taken a few programmin classes that I've done well in, and I'm good at teachin it to myself so I'm going to work on getting these certs. But I mean, wtf else can I do? IDK, i'm bout to be lost as fuck right now but I want to have a plan before I head back home and tell my peoples. they dont know shyt about my college career, i been playin it like i been OK but i'm bouta break it to em.

Whether they disown me or not, I'mma feel 100x better in the new year now that the truths gonna be out and i want be livin a dual life. So with that, I'm 100% sure i'm gonna be putting 100% effort towards whatever I do next. So when yall are givin me suggestions, give them under the assumption that that is the case.

Replies

• Plop StarPlop Star Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    sell dope b

fuck goin to school, and a job

that shit is for suckas
  • Q45TQ45T Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    My parents already know I fucked up this semester... goin' to work at 4 am and bein' full time at school don't mix. I'm transferring to another school next semester anyway... fuck Bowie State.
  • KameKame Posts: 23,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
  • fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    How do you "flunk out of college"?

Is that what happens when you don't get off of academic probation?
  • Judah BackJudah Back Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    i know one thing, im stayin in this city. i just got my own apartment n shyt and if my parents aint gonna hold me down no more, im working full time next "semester" and just work on getting my certs, finding a entry level IT gig, and just stacking money. Aint no movin back home for me, thats not gonna do shyt, imma lose my fuckin mind. ill prolly end up sellin dope bein in my hometown

the world really does a good job by makin a nigga feel like he aint shyt if he aint in college or graduated tho. but i know on the low, a degree doesn't equal success..... its just a key
  • clbenzloveclbenzlove Posts: 235
    edited December 2011
    I feel you..Next semester I'm going on academic warning (full time work and taking 12 credits hrs caught up with me)...Take your current credits and see if can transfer to another school worst case scenario
    edited December 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »

idk the official definition of flunkin out, but i assume its when you cant go back to school the following semester. im suspended for 2 years, i'm not waitin around to go back into that fckin school. in 2 years i can make a come up on my own
  • memphis2sacniccmemphis2sacnicc Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    U said u not gonna go into details on why u didn't have motivation but proceeded to type 4 paragraphs about some bullshit.

Nigga u flunked in life itself.
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    fiat_money wrote: »

yes.........
    edited December 2011
    clbenzlove wrote: »
    I feel you..Next semester I'm going on academic warning (full time work and taking 12 credits hrs caught up with me)...Take your current credits and see if can transfer to another school worst case scenario
    would another university accept a student that flunked out? That would be lowkey dope to have some new scenery. Cuz I mean community college aint too appealing but if a nigga got to...
    edited December 2011
    Perfect wrote: »
    idk the official definition of flunkin out, but i assume its when you cant go back to school the following semester. im suspended for 2 years, i'm not waitin around to go back into that fckin school. in 2 years i can make a come up on my own

WTF??? 2yrs..I heard of being suspended from school for a full one year but 2yrs WTF! How many terms did you fail?
  • Meet The SniperMeet The Sniper Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Protip: Stop smokin nigga.
    would another university accept a student that flunked out? That would be lowkey dope to have some new scenery. Cuz I mean community college aint too appealing but if a nigga got to...

As long as you can get the fiancial aid I don't think community gives a fuck.
    edited December 2011

I believe so, i heard of a few students from USF being suspended from that school for one year. All they did was take their remaining credits and transfer to a community college. As long as you dont owe the school you can always get your transcripts.

Considering you have 90 credits, you have to see if the community college offers a bachelor degree in your field
  • doublekiddoublekid Posts: 76
    edited December 2011
    If you serious get on your grind and take advantage of this second chance you got. Get a job and take night classes in programming, I recommend IT security. Community college, Devry, whatever doesn't matter. Like my Daddy used to say, "you may not get everything you work for, but you will certainly work for everything you get". Grind hard my dude, hard work is the only thing that guarantees success in life.
    edited December 2011
    U said u not gonna go into details on why u didn't have motivation but proceeded to type 4 paragraphs about some bullshit.

Nigga u flunked in life itself.
    and im sure this made you feel better about yourself, even tho ur lifes fucked up in its own way. who you foolin

hold ya head tho homie
  • bayarea88bayarea88 Posts: 16
    edited December 2011
    its funny I been in this situation before but I just took a semester off to clear my head a little bit. Nothing wrong with that so you might want to keep your options open if you ever decide to go back though. If you totally on your own too, your chances to getting financial aid go up considerably so at least that way you are going to school on your own terms compared to what everybody else wants you to do. If you got a decent job to fall back on that's cool too. But if you dont like your job that shit can get old quick too and you may want something a little more and thats when the motivation to go back 2 school may kick in. Fuck all that pressure coming from home because at the end of the day, your folks aren't the ones that are sitting thru the classes or writing the papers so its gunna be on you. College isn't really for everyone but it helps if you don't have a solid back-up plan. So I guess my advice would be if you want to pursue IT, you better have a damn good plan of going about in order to be successful or something to separate you from the rest. Good luck man, just keep in mind that you gotta have a clear mind before you do anything really.
    edited December 2011
    clbenzlove wrote: »
    WTF??? 2yrs..I heard of being suspended from school for a full one year but 2yrs WTF! How many terms did you fail?
    2 years is the policy for academic suspension at this school. yea idk what they expect niggas to do for 2 years, niggas be done lost motivation to go back lol.
    Protip: Stop smokin nigga.

As long as you can get the fiancial aid I don't think community gives a fuck.
    yea imma quit chiefin for a good while. stash that bread
    doublekid wrote: »
    If you serious get on your grind and take advantage of this second chance you got. Get a job and take night classes in programming, I recommend IT security. Community college, Devry, whatever doesn't matter. Like my Daddy used to say, "you may not get everything you work for, but you will certainly work for everything you get". Grind hard my dude, hard work is the only thing that guarantees success in life.

yea taht sounds like the move. it just makes me think tho, if i woulda did that right outta highschool, i woulda been workin in my field by the time i was 20. fuck bein in college for 4 years for some entry level shyt, smh....
  • blackdemoblackdemo Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    U kno what tho?

look man, what encourages me in school is i think about what my life is gonna be if i dont finish, i aint tryin to be a factory 9-5 paycheck to paycheck, hooptie drivin, strugglin to put my kids on a basketball team or not goin on vacations with the wifey man, i dont wanna jus do it n life man. i wanna live good.

and all that money u put in is like throwing it in the garbage, u gotta study like ur life depends on it man, this aint no fuckin joke, fuck friends cuz in the future they gon be eatin while u was behind thinkin they was playin around or vice versa when u make it u gon be like "yo lets hit this party" then yo friends gon be like "man, i wish i could afford to go out" cuz think about it man in the real wrold u got:

Mortage/rent
    Credit car bill
    property tax
    Car Insurance
    telephone/cable/internet bill
    cell phone bill
    kids (if u have any)
    electricity bill
    water bill
    life insurance.

Are u gonna be able to pay that with some bum ass job? even if its 5 dollas over minimuk wage those jobs are suitable for niggas that are between age 20-28.
    after that u wanna eat my nigga. by the time im 28 i wanna make 40-45 an hour my nigga n be workin double time as a nursing practioner. think about the benjamins man, balance study/work n hoes.

BALANCE fuck the IC, it aint gon do shit for u its a waste of time if u cant balance ur work my nigga good luck in IT. BUT one more thing
    edited December 2011
    bayarea88 wrote: »
    its funny I been in this situation before but I just took a semester off to clear my head a little bit. Nothing wrong with that so you might want to keep your options open if you ever decide to go back though. If you totally on your own too, your chances to getting financial aid go up considerably so at least that way you are going to school on your own terms compared to what everybody else wants you to do. If you got a decent job to fall back on that's cool too. But if you dont like your job that shit can get old quick too and you may want something a little more and thats when the motivation to go back 2 school may kick in. Fuck all that pressure coming from home because at the end of the day, your folks aren't the ones that are sitting thru the classes or writing the papers so its gunna be on you. College isn't really for everyone but it helps if you don't have a solid back-up plan. So I guess my advice would be if you want to pursue IT, you better have a damn good plan of going about in order to be successful or something to separate you from the rest. Good luck man, just keep in mind that you gotta have a clear mind before you do anything really.
    Homie you just spoke my life. word for word

at least i know someone understands. @ the bolded - real spit!
    edited December 2011
    blackdemo wrote: »
    U kno what tho?

look man, what encourages me in school is i think about what my life is gonna be if i dont finish, i aint tryin to be a factory 9-5 paycheck to paycheck, hooptie drivin, strugglin to put my kids on a basketball team or not goin on vacations with the wifey man, i dont wanna jus do it n life man. i wanna live good.

and all that money u put in is like throwing it in the garbage, u gotta study like ur life depends on it man, this aint no fuckin joke, fuck friends cuz in the future they gon be eatin while u was behind thinkin they was playin around or vice versa when u make it u gon be like "yo lets hit this party" then yo friends gon be like "man, i wish i could afford to go out" cuz think about it man in the real wrold u got:

Mortage/rent
    Credit car bill
    property tax
    Car Insurance
    telephone/cable/internet bill
    cell phone bill
    kids (if u have any)
    electricity bill
    water bill
    life insurance.

Are u gonna be able to pay that with some bum ass job? even if its 5 dollas over minimuk wage those jobs are suitable for niggas that are between age 20-28.
    after that u wanna eat my nigga. by the time im 28 i wanna make 40-45 an hour my nigga n be workin double time as a nursing practioner. think about the benjamins man, balance study/work n hoes.

BALANCE fuck the IC, it aint gon do shit for u its a waste of time if u cant balance ur work my nigga good luck in IT. BUT one more thing

Real shit. This was the same shit i was thinking when i went on warning. Fuck that I can never give up on school, because that lifetime of 9-5 aint the business...This right here is a great motivator
  • blackdemoblackdemo Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    When u study u should use a method called: SQ3R. which stands for: Survey (skim everything get a preview) Question (what should i know?) Read (study ur fucking ass off) Review (skim thru it again) and the most important Recite (if u cant recite what u read read it again)

U wanna study everyday n im not sayin 4 hours a day or nothin im sayin 30 min each class or even a hour if u really want As because. 3 weeks prior to the exam u UNDERSTAND the material so 3 weeks prior all that stuff u studied will be like review.

what u wanna do is study everyday for each class and on a sunday u review everything from that week. and finals/ midterms will be easy, and youll automatically get AT LEAST a B. thats the least i swear to u my nigga. obv u dont have the intellect to jus pick things up, ur like me.....an idiot, so what does a idiot have to do, he gotta work harder then everybody. but u can still have fun after that, what u do after 8pm on a weekend? u go ham n party BUT u have to finish ur work first, dont get caught up my nigga, remember what u there for dont throw ur money away man, thats stupid.

Good luck homie, hope this helps
  • 7figz7figz Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

I'm betting a lot of colleges are willing to take anybody who could pay the tuition.
  • bayarea88bayarea88 Posts: 16
    edited December 2011
    shit I been there dude...so I can relate. And the crazy part is you realize that nobody really CARES that much about you finishing school or not. Ask your folks right now for 10,000 to cover school expenses and let me know what they say. Chances are they will look at you and laugh and walk the other way. More or less your folks just wanna brag about you being a 'college graduate' at some lame ass dinner to boost their own egos or on perception alone. of course, not everyone is like that but you catch my drift. You gotta stand on your own two feet. College is a hell of a start and if you can pull it off without putting yourself in financial suicide, I say go for it. Maybe just do it at a pace that works for you. Hell, You may wanna finish what you started on principal alone. I think one of the things people miss about college is that you were able to finish something that you started.
  • StewStew HTTR Posts: 32,631 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Man school aint for everybody but If you want that IT gig I think u may have too.

I pretty much used school to get out of the small ass hick town I went to High School in. I bullshitted in HS taking easy ass classes, got fairly decent grades cause thats all pops wanted to see. He didnt really care If I went to college or not but I figured that was my only way out of that town so I got accepted to Devry in Atlanta so nigga was happy as fuck. When I got up here, I was in for a rude awakening. By far the worst year of my life, started to party all the damn time and said fuck this school, partly cause it was some bs and partly cause it wasnt for me. I ended up getting a full time desk gig, got kicked out of my homies "dorm" so I had to move back home for a couple months. After that my homies and I got our own apt and I moved back up and its been all up hill from there. Just gotta keep grindin whether it be school or just work. Itll work out one way or another If you dont quit.