Hey Fellas (25 & up): What do you expect your potential woman to bring to the table?

American.LooAmerican.Loo Posts: 4,082
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Earlier this year while out of state, I met this very nice girl, a real sweetheart. Kind of reminds me of Mood Indigo except she knows how to treat a man.

We kept in contact, and on the surface, the chemistry was good. There were a few things that kind of didn't sit right with me though:

-- Highest level of education: High School
-- No car (to be fair, she lives in NY and you dont HAVE to drive there, no license either though)
-- Tattoo sleeves on both arms

Now, she was a very well spoken sweet girl. But let's be real, if a guy had a resume like that, he'd be labeled a loser, right? So I'd like to know (aside from beauty and great sex) what do you look for a woman to bring to the table?

SUBQUESTION: If you were rich, would the requirements be the same?

Replies

• American.LooAmerican.Loo Posts: 4,082
    edited December 2011
    january wrote: »
    The table.

Can you be a bit more specific.
  • ImSoRealImSoReal Posts: 2,009
    edited December 2011
    this topic is done every couple of months

-own mode of transportation
    -common sense
    -income to where she is able to take care of herself
    -doesnt waste money
    -doesnt communicate with exes
    no kids
  • Well Got DamWell Got Dam Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Doesnt watch any Houswives of any city shows

Makes some decent amount of money

Doesnt argue about some dumb shit

Has goals and ambitions

Doesnt try to emulate her friends

shit like that
  • freepostkingfreepostking Posts: 468
    edited December 2011
    No children.
    edited December 2011
    DAMITT wrote: »

Has goals and ambitions

shit like that

What do you consider a decent amount
  • -Vincenzo--Vincenzo- Posts: 3,375
    edited December 2011
    i dont care about any materialistic aspects as long as she can hold her own or her parents do so. only 2 things that matter is personality and looks to me.
  • goat334goat334 Posts: 3,605
    edited December 2011
    She needs to be able to take care of herself without me just like I'm able to with out her.
    She needs to be able to cook and clean just like I'm able to.
    Anything else positive she brings to the table will be a bonus.

I'm a simple dude, it doesn't require much for me to be happy.
  • goat334goat334 Posts: 3,605
    edited December 2011
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    First.. We have to be compatible.. All that other shit dont matter if we dont get along...

I would like for her to have a career.. Usually in order to be a career woman you have to have some kind of education.. (College)..

Once we are compatible.. And she got her own bread.. Everything else can be worked out from there...

I was thinking about compatibility, but I was thinking that has to be a given.
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 18,449 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    At the very least, show me you can take care of yourself...show me you have the ability to act and think like a rational human being under a stressful or not ideal circumstance...and show me you have the ability to think outside of your own comfort zone
  • edwardnigmaedwardnigma Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    ImSoReal wrote: »
    this topic is done every couple of months

-own mode of transportation
    -common sense
    -income to where she is able to take care of herself
    -doesnt waste money
    -doesnt communicate with exes

no kids

I'm ify on the kids issue. Kids don't bother me and tend to like me....not all women want you to take care of their kids. Last lady I dated who had a kid, I just treated him not like my son, but like my lil homie. Everybody was cool with the situation. It was a cool situation for a bit....lol just for a bit though
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm requiring too much then.

I dont see myself getting married, but if i ever did, earning potential is slightly important to me. A passion for life is as well. Openness to new things or ideas and and easy going personality are highly important.

I guess the point in my original post is that, if we're striving toward an "equal" society, is it time to hold these females to a higher standard.
  • powerman 5000powerman 5000 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The only thing i expect fro her is not to fuck with me. The more she brings that's not drama is gravy. I have low expectations for the 2000 + year model females.
  • edwardnigmaedwardnigma Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The only thing i expect fro her is not to fuck with me. The more she brings that's not drama is gravy. I have low expectations for the 2000 + year model females.

But, but, thats what women do when their bored...fuck with us...like, for real. I feel you though, one of my road dawgs always says "Yo you not gon findall that good conversation shit, thats just movies" lol I never agree with him, I don't even think he believes it.....

Relationhips are so confusing today, we have a society thats going in so many different directions. We as a people are all over the place.

I was talking to a young woman doing the single black independent woman thing, she was looking at me like meat, like, Nigga I dont wanna do this I'll follow you lol just tell me the plan,I seen it in her eyes.

I don't care what my chic does, as long as she does something for work. No strippin or hoein(unless I'm Pimpin) and thats just real talk.

She can bag groceries, work at the counter, fucking babysit, just do something to help me along with natural compatability and we all good.
  • tru_m.a.ctru_m.a.c Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    lol I just posted age discrimination and my post has to get approved??? wtf

fuck ya thread loo...u 25 + ass niggas ruining the game for us young cats...inflating the pussy index...the trickle down effect is killing the market right now lol
  • coop9889coop9889 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    DAMITT wrote: »

Has goals and ambitions

shit like that

Eliminates 99% of women.

Only ones left are either deaf or mute.
  • MAKAVELI25MAKAVELI25 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    For me specifiically:

Obviously, physically attractive
    Good sense of humor
    Ability to banter (I love just sitting down and talking shit with females, I hate when it has to be me who ALWAYS cracks jokes)
    Smart
    Articulate
    Sweet, not afraid to express her self
    Assertive
    Makes ATLEAST 80% of my annual income
  • mryounggunmryounggun Posts: 9,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    -smart
    -ambitious
    -not ugly
    -not ignorant
    -kind

That's pretty much it.
  • RumBoxTenRumBoxTen Posts: 187
    edited December 2011
    goat334 wrote: »
    She needs to be able to take care of herself without me just like I'm able to with out her.
    She needs to be able to cook and clean just like I'm able to.
    Anything else positive she brings to the table will be a bonus.

I'm a simple dude, it doesn't require much for me to be happy.

C/S

No baggage, real hair, free spirit, nurturing skills, and willing to have kids. Now a days it seems chicks in their 20's either kidded up or don't ever wanna have any.
  • Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 2,127
    edited December 2011
    Earlier this year while out of state, I met this very nice girl, a real sweetheart. Kind of reminds me of Mood Indigo except she knows how to treat a man.

We kept in contact, and on the surface, the chemistry was good. There were a few things that kind of didn't sit right with me though:

-- Highest level of education: High School
    -- No car (to be fair, she lives in NY and you dont HAVE to drive there, no license either though)
    -- Tattoo sleeves on both arms

Now, she was a very well spoken sweet girl. But let's be real, if a guy had a resume like that, he'd be labeled a loser, right? So I'd like to know (aside from beauty and great sex) what do you look for a woman to bring to the table?

SUBQUESTION: If you were rich, would the requirements be the same?

I was so flattered until I read the rest. What does that mean? Lol
  • willhustlewillhustle Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    No kids
    college education
    maintain a job
    Not loud
    Not indecisive
    maintain personal hygiene(for some reason ppl have problems with this)....smh
    cook and clean(not most of the time but sometimes. i'd help with that.)
    Not materialistic
    Has to be able to manage money

Props ^^^^^

I think it's easy for all us to say what we really want in a woman but from a realistic standpoint we're not going to get everything we want. I'm almost 30 and never been in a serious relationship (don't go out as much) but I got shit on my plate and I know the type of woman I want to be around and I rather handle my business together before taking on something serious.
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. I Said You Know What Girl? ......... ... ....... You Crazy #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Understanding
    No Babies
    Consideration
    Controlled Temper
    No Babies
    Attractive
    An idea of what she wants with her future
    .......... That bitch better not have no Babies B
    Coo sense of humor
    Not vindictive

Bruh if the chick..... Im telling you I ain't fuckin with no kids

Oh and it wouldn't hurt if she had a coo ass/nice head game/and could could a nigga a steak and egg combo one time...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 38,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Personality
    Common sense
    Ability to take care of herself financially
    Communication
    Conversation
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    head,clean pussy and more head
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I was so flattered until I read the rest. What does that mean? Lol