Andre 3000 says their won't be another Outkast album...fans crushed.

Replies

• CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first disagree...Ight who's the culprit?
    H-Rap 180Soloman_The_Wise
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLF wrote:
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Plap Sun wrote:
    hip hop might as well die if we dont get another kast album

Its just one of those situations were you feel like the chemistry of them together is better than their chemistry by themselves.

Dre is such a recluse and a spiritual dude that he probally vibes better by himself instead of being around someboy loud and charasmatic all the time like Big Boi.

But thats what made them OUTKAST. Im sure they werent hanging out like that together back when they made Aquemini and Stankonia and definitely for Idlewild. Maybe on tour but Im pretty sure they werent chillin like they were on the first 2 albums.

They used to be tight and vibed like brothers from another mother gut Dre got ahold of that Voodoo-puzzy on Ms Badu and gained cosmic-consciousness overnight.

Big Boi like pit-bills, cognac, and strip-clubs, Dre like meditation, Green-tea, and astral-projection.

John Lennon outgrew the Beattles.

goldenjaH-Rap 180Trillaaaaaa
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,092 Regulator
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    HLF wrote:
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Plap Sun wrote:

Its just one of those situations were you feel like the chemistry of them together is better than their chemistry by themselves.

Dre is such a recluse and a spiritual dude that he probally vibes better by himself instead of being around someboy loud and charasmatic all the time like Big Boi.

But thats what made them OUTKAST. Im sure they werent hanging out like that together back when they made Aquemini and Stankonia and definitely for Idlewild. Maybe on tour but Im pretty sure they werent chillin like they were on the first 2 albums.

They used to be tight and vibed like brothers from another mother gut Dre got ahold of that Voodoo-puzzy on Ms Badu and gained cosmic-consciousness overnight.

Big Boi like pit-bills, cognac, and strip-clubs, Dre like meditation, Green-tea, and astral-projection.

And they came out with Aquemini and ATLiens after that. Arguably 2 of the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time. Your point?

Anyway heres a new verse from 3000 with the Gorillaz.
    http://play.converse.com/blog/2012/02/23/doyathing/
    CeLLaR-DooRSoloman_The_Wise
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 180, HLF got ya there...
    Soloman_The_Wise
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only liked the first 2 albums anyways.. anything beyond them albums went south (no pun intended)

Huh? Aquemini is generally regarded as their best album. I can see you not liking it as much as the other too, but saying it's a drop in quality is a little ridiculous.

And he said he's inspired to make more music by the artists he's been featured on lately? I'm sorry, but I just can't see myself listening to an album full of Dre on some Houseparty/I Do type shit. They were tight verses and all, but a whole album of that?
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck Andre 3000. I'm checking for Big Boi's next solo before Dre's shit. Big Boi has been touring the world for the past 4 years telling us a Kast album is coming right after Dre's solo. Dre don't give a fuck. This shit is all on him.

Why would Dre not want to put out another Outkast album when everything was quality. Big Boi is just as creative and as good of an artist as Dre and he has maintained high quality work. But Dre wanna act like he's better than everyone. Muh fucka only gave us 4 rap albums in the span of 6 years.. Hasn't been doing shit since 2006 and he's STILL somewhat young. God damn. I won't be surprised if his album is wack too..

Da Art of Storytelling pt. 4
    Royal Flush
    Lookin 4 Ya

All were GREAT songs with a lot of promise. Outkast could easily put out multiple more classics and become undisputed GOATs but Dre is an egomaniac. Smh.
    704HustlaKNiGHTS
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 35,092 Regulator
    Shut yo hating ass up
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only liked the first 2 albums anyways.. anything beyond them albums went south (no pun intended)

Cosign.Atliens was the last good album these terribly overrated borderline wack niggas dropped

That came out in 96

Wow

They literally have 1 hot album in 20 years

What?Aquimini is classic,The album w/ Ms jackson was cool,and the double album was dope too.Yall bugging.and what about their debut?
    Big Boi to me is the better member of the group so it is what it is...
    Whoa pause.Dre is up there w/ Nas,Jay.Em,etc Big Boi is not,but he's dope in his own right.Andre is a whole other breed of MC than Big Boi

• loch121loch121 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and this is some Bullshit
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cosign.Atliens was the last good album these terribly overrated borderline wack niggas dropped

That came out in 96

Wow

Nigga you buggin...

They got at least 2 classics...
  • MrCrookedLetterMrCrookedLetter I like dope beats and dope rhymes Posts: 15,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tommy stay bullshtin

Anyway, Andre need to hurry up and get his shit together
    genocidecutterMeester
  • 704Hustla704Hustla Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote:
    Fuck Andre 3000. I'm checking for Big Boi's next solo before Dre's shit. Big Boi has been touring the world for the past 4 years telling us a Kast album is coming right after Dre's solo. Dre don't give a fuck. This shit is all on him.

Why would Dre not want to put out another Outkast album when everything was quality. Big Boi is just as creative and as good of an artist as Dre and he has maintained high quality work. But Dre wanna act like he's better than everyone. Muh fucka only gave us 4 rap albums in the span of 6 years.. Hasn't been doing shit since 2006 and he's STILL somewhat young. God damn. I won't be surprised if his album is wack too..

Royal Flush
    Lookin 4 Ya

All were GREAT songs with a lot of promise. Outkast could easily put out multiple more classics and become undisputed GOATs but Dre is an egomaniac. Smh.

they don't wanna hear you tho...he on some dr.dre shit with his work ethic...which album you think is comin out first detox or a dre 3000 solo?
  • KeepinItHundredKeepinItHundred Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    704Hustla wrote:
    buttuh_b wrote:

Royal Flush
    Lookin 4 Ya

they don't wanna hear you tho...he on some dr.dre shit with his work ethic...which album you think is comin out first detox or a dre 3000 solo?

dre's solo
  • Bawse D.LoxBawse D.Lox Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Damn man

No more rainbow themed videos wit terrible production,silver wigs and wack ass lyrics

We aint missin nothin

That came out in 96

Wow

at least those guys are more creative than, Shawn "Lips" Camel, and Gorilla "Wood Face" Jackson
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLF wrote:
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    HLF wrote:
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Plap Sun wrote:

And they came out with Aquemini and ATLiens after that. Arguably 2 of the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time. Your point?

Anyway heres a new verse from 3000 with the Gorillaz.
    http://play.converse.com/blog/2012/02/23/doyathing/

That came out in 96

Wow

We get it. And you're trolling as usual...You're still a fucking flaming fag...
  • darkraindarkrain Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    If I was Andre 3000 and I would do the same thing...I would say fuck this shit cause the music these day ain't shit and they listening to garbage music....and make them realize how much they miss the old music like old Outkast, etc so I can see why Dr.Dre and Andre 3000 did this.

Honestly, Jay-Z should stopped at The Black Album, that was his last great album and people be saying, "Damn, I wish Jay-Z comes back cause the music ain't shit now". Now, you have Jay-Z came back and Jay-Z had to follow the trend to make what people like and what kind of music people listen to instead of doing him what he wants so I can see why Dr.Dre and Andre 3000 doesnt want do it..

Thinking bout it.

ROZAYTABERNACLE
  • YamoleySenseiYamoleySensei Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm too heartbroken over these developments....when was the last time them niggas dropped an album together, 2003? Besides that, Outkast was an overrated group anyway with only two dope albums (Atliens and Aquemini). No more Outkast records? Mehh, don't give a fuck really.
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stop on waiting for niggas to drop, If they don't drop I got there first 3 albums. And a Goodie Mob reunion album, Sleepy Brown album, Society of Soul, Backbone albums are dropping, THE DUNGEON FAMILY is making a return. If they want to bullshit so be it, as long as Andre 3000 got some ONP production them im cool.
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me To say Dre is better then Big Boi is the common easy cool route to take. IMO Big Boi is right up there with AZ and others as the most underrated MC's ever. Niggas forget how much game and quotables Big Boi has and also his influence on the game he had. 3000 is on some other shit which is awesome, but they both what and what IMO as far as being creative in their own ways. Atliens and Aquemini are some of the best music I've heard in Hip Hop. The game needs them badly right now TBH so someone needs to swallow their pride and drop Bombs in the
    Middle lol
  • ROZAYTABERNACLEROZAYTABERNACLE Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkrain wrote: »
    If I was Andre 3000 and I would do the same thing...I would say fuck this shit cause the music these day ain't shit and they listening to garbage music....and make them realize how much they miss the old music like old Outkast, etc so I can see why Dr.Dre and Andre 3000 did this.

Honestly, Jay-Z should stopped at The Black Album, that was his last great album and people be saying, "Damn, I wish Jay-Z comes back cause the music ain't shit now". Now, you have Jay-Z came back and Jay-Z had to follow the trend to make what people like and what kind of music people listen to instead of doing him what he wants so I can see why Dr.Dre and Andre 3000 doesnt want do it..

Thinking bout it.
    Jay's last dope album was American Gangster
    real_hh_repgenocidecutter
  • goldenjagoldenja Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kinda sucks but at the same time im not complaining about it either... anyways

a tribe called quest & UGK > outkast
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well......can't be mad. They've accomplished a lot together. Now its time for them to shine on the solo tip. I think andre 3k album will be better tho
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 26,716 Regulator
    $ho wrote:
    Outkast still has to release one more album on their current contract, so it will come eventually

They'll probably just release a greatest hits album and call it a day.
  • JJ 1975JJ 1975 Posts: 336
    Big_Ev wrote: »
    Lou Cypher wrote:
    He better be rapping on this new album. and it better not be on some pop shit.

I'm with you on that, he talking about he is going back to his old Outkast days so that might be a good thing.

That'd be dope if he went back to the old Outkast days!
  • darkraindarkrain Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    darkrain wrote: »

Thinking bout it.
    Jay's last dope album was American Gangster

No, Wrong......The Black Album was his last great album....his comeback is what ruined him. KC and BP3 got more attention than AG. AG wasn't that bad but didn't get much praise........thinking about it.