Is the one hit wonder era officially over?

13»

Replies

  • Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoneCrusher whatever happend to that nicca lol ?


    Trillville track was my shit cant even lie but one hit wonder 4sho

  • meta4tonymeta4tony Posts: 89
    i cant beleive cham only had ridin dirty cuz his second album was tight wtf was his label thinking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as there is music there will be one hit wonders ....
    genocidecutter
  • nujerz84nujerz84 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO that Bonecrusher shit I hated it but its harder than majority shit thats out on radio right now... Crunk>>>of the few southern movements i can fuck with cause its not soft.
    genocidecutteridoitforhiphop10
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 25,908 Regulator
    To me 2006/2007 was the peak of the "wack" era. When artists like lil mama, dem franchise boyz, mims, jibbs, dj unk, dj webstar, Kia shine, soulja boy, Paul wall, plies, lil scrappy etc was running the airwaves. Luckily the few good artists of that era kept hip hop afloat. Wayne, twista, nas, jay, Luda, busta, lupe, kanye etc.
    genocidecutteridoitforhiphop10
  • ROFL..GUYROFL..GUY Posts: 225
    "rack city" -- proves this thread wrong... the 1 hit wonder will NEVER die...
    KillaChamidoitforhiphop10
  • Lean wit it (rock wit it)
  • ROFL..GUYROFL..GUY Posts: 225
    MysticBoy wrote:
    Lean wit it (rock wit it)

    shits still goes....

    im mr.clean wit it!
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the fuck happened to them party like a rock star dudes they disappeared fast as shit
    idoitforhiphop10
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic i love cakemix The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyga isnt a 1 hit wonder. Nigga was on Dueces. But viewing somebody a 1 hit wonder is based on ones own opinion. I still fuck wit Dorrough. Huey had a dope track with him that got slept on. Mims actually had 2 hits. Chingy had a few. Souljah Boy had 3.

    For the record Kiss me through the phone is bigger than any Ross record. And hell even souljah done went plat.
  • silverfoxxsilverfoxx Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    BoneCrusher whatever happend to that nicca lol ?


    Trillville track was my shit cant even lie but one hit wonder 4sho

    Bonecrusher was actually recently on 106 n Park like last week believe or not lol. He was a freestyle friday judge. Dont know what he doing now tho.
  • angrymanincangrymaninc Posts: 655 ✭✭✭
    Wild Self wrote:
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    I've noticed the skinny jean, tight extra smeadium glitter shirts, and acting all sensitive is finally going away too. I called that era the metrosexual coon era. Also I just wanted to point out that this all happened when the south took over.

    YM/KANYE is responsible for the metrosexual coon era... not the south..

    ROFL @ this kanye stan

    thats true. but imagine still wearing baggy clothes in 2012? Glad people actually see what im talking bout.

    I agree with the bolded but them tight jeans shit are not a good look regardless grown men shouldn't wear baggy jeans or t- shirts that look like a female sleep in them but jeggings are an even worst look
    genocidecutteridoitforhiphop10
  • angrymanincangrymaninc Posts: 655 ✭✭✭
    Wild Self wrote:
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    I've noticed the skinny jean, tight extra smeadium glitter shirts, and acting all sensitive is finally going away too. I called that era the metrosexual coon era. Also I just wanted to point out that this all happened when the south took over.

    YM/KANYE is responsible for the metrosexual coon era... not the south..

    ROFL @ this kanye stan

    thats true. but imagine still wearing baggy clothes in 2012? Glad people actually see what im talking bout.

    I agree with the bolded but them tight jeans shit are not a good look regardless grown men shouldn't wear baggy jeans or t- shirts that look like a female sleep in them but jeggings are an even worst look

    But them tight jeans are even a worst look
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic i love cakemix The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    girls checkin for skinny jeans lost
  • allday1992allday1992 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    One hit wonders ain't never goin away its too easy to be a one hit wonder. All you gotta do is have that one catchy hook that people can't stop singing

    Also fuck the shop boyz them the niggas that started the tight pants, ed hardy, mohawk shit
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 8,127 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    lol Franchize Boys is my guilty pleasure, they 1st and 2nd cds both actually went hard as fuck
    AWESOME!!!
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    "rack city" -- proves this thread wrong... the 1 hit wonder will NEVER die...
    "Rack City" is still in heavy r.o. and at the top of the charts. There's a big difference between a one hit wonder and someone who is just now having their first hit.

    And that's not even the basis of this thread anyway. We already established that there will always be "one hit wonders".
  • FucktheICFucktheIC Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL..GUY wrote: »
    "rack city" -- proves this thread wrong... the 1 hit wonder will NEVER die...

    Coconut juice got me real loose, like? White people went ham off that shit.
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.