What's worse Hockey or Soccer?

Replies

• IbexIbex Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soccer is definitely the worst, I don't know anyone besides Mexicans, Africans, and prepubescent girls that enjoy that sport.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reaperbong wrote: »
    still waiting for someone to name some things bad about Hockey

like some real reasons why you don't like the sport

It doesn't come across well on tv.

It's too focus on physicality instead of skill and technique

Just a boring low scoring game in general, at least in soccer you see great moves even if the score is low.

• VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 15,639
    hockey by a mile soccer is the fucking worse. Shit i'd rather watch golf, tennis, table tennis, badminton, and bowling before a soccer game.
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Soccer is gay rofl only bitches and fags play soccer.

Nobody, i mean nobody pulls hotter bitches than soccer players. You can call soccer gay all you want but nobody is running through badder bitches than Christina Ronaldo.
  • Monizzle14Monizzle14 Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    reaperbong wrote: »
    still waiting for someone to name some things bad about Hockey

like some real reasons why you don't like the sport

It doesn't come across well on tv.

It's too focus on physicality instead of skill and technique

Just a boring low scoring game in general, at least in soccer you see great moves even if the score is low.

Typical ingorant post about hockey. Its focus is on skill it just doesn't make sports center as much unless its fighting. Fighting is down and the game has gotten so fast the goons of the past have been forced to retire on go to the minors. Lets not act like basketball didn't have its history of goons or the NFL white black blue regardless of race.

In hockey there are great moves and it is more intense especally in the playoffs. And MLS soccer hardly had any "great moves" all them niggas washed out and suck. Hockey takes more skill than soccer which is why more people play soccer in the world. Try skating fast in heavy equipment on ice. Anybody can get in shape for soccer should they have free time. For hockey you need to be able to have speed, balance, flexibility and coordination. Like i said i have played both sports and hockey is much harder to master/train for.
    If soccer focus is on skill then why is your best player Crosby out head problems due to the barbaric nature of the game. You can't compare hockey to baseball or football, because neither of those games make it a point to have fighting as a part of it's culture or trying to take out the best player in the game. Hockey is barbaric plain and fucking simple, no other sport intentionally try to take out their best players and not protect them (Lindros, Crosby,etc).

Who the fuck cares about MLS or is even speaking about it? I am speaking about the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A,etc the top Euro leagues in the world.

LOL at Hockey taking more skill, i want you to run up and down a 150 yard field for 1 1/2 hours, dribble a ball with your feet (the hardest limbs to control on your body), do it in between 2-3 defenders while they pull on you, etc. Do you know how hard it is to control a soccer ball with touch, power, and speed, soccer is by far the hardest game to play for the simple fact that controlling a ball with your feet is not natural.

feet > hands when it comes to difficulty, you cant convince me otherwise.
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Mobile, Agile, Hostile Posts: 45,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont watch either or.. i probably watched more soccer than Hockey the only game i watched in soccer in its entirety was the 92 world cup. I turned on a game a few months ago when RealMadrid or some team cam here for friendlies and they scored like 3 goals in the few minutes i watched.. I always appreciate good plays from whatever sports hockey/soccer but in general it doesnt interest me
    If soccer focus is on skill then why is your best player Crosby out head problems due to the barbaric nature of the game. You can't compare hockey to baseball or football, because neither of those games make it a point to have fighting as a part of it's culture or trying to take out the best player in the game. Hockey is barbaric plain and fucking simple, no other sport intentionally try to take out their best players and not protect them (Lindros, Crosby,etc).

Who the fuck cares about MLS or is even speaking about it? I am speaking about the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A,etc the top Euro leagues in the world.

LOL at Hockey taking more skill, i want you to run up and down a 150 yard field for 1 1/2 hours, dribble a ball with your feet (the hardest limbs to control on your body), do it in between 2-3 defenders while they pull on you, etc. Do you know how hard it is to control a soccer ball with touch, power, and speed, soccer is by far the hardest game to play for the simple fact that controlling a ball with your feet is not natural.

Crosby is the most popular player not the best player. His teammate malkin won the stanley cup while crosby was hurt a few years ago and not a key part. As a flyers fan as well i was sad about eric lindros but again he wasnt the best player. Its a physical sport people are going to get hurt. Look at brandon roy in the NBA or the numerous injuries in the NFL like peyton manning.

Also the problem with soccer is its the only major sport where the league in the USA isn't the best league. When they come here they play scrub backups in exhibition games that dont mean shit.

Also you fail to realize hockey is played 3 or 4 times a week at a faster pace than soccer and the contact takes energy out of you. Soccer is a once or twice a week sport. Unless you have played hockey and soccer like i have you will not understand how hard it is to play hockey compaired to soccer. No sport is "natural" nonetheless either. Throwing a baseball overhand is not natural but people do that as well.
  • Inglewood_BInglewood_B Posts: 5,940
    Ibex wrote: »
    Soccer is definitely the worst, I don't know anyone besides Mexicans, Africans, and prepubescent girls that enjoy that sport.

this. at least for hockey all i gotta do is change the channel. mexicans take over the whole park out here for soccer. mfers be like 200 deep out there with lawn chairs, water coolers and shit playin til like 1-2 in the morning.

niggas cant even get a sideline pop hood football game goin no more

• Inglewood_BInglewood_B Posts: 5,940
    and any game that can end with a 0-0 tie as often as soccer does aint for me.

im cool on watchin people run back and forth kicking a ball for 3 hours, barely even getting past midfield.
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Crosby is the most popular player not the best player. His teammate malkin won the stanley cup while crosby was hurt a few years ago and not a key part. As a flyers fan as well i was sad about eric lindros but again he wasnt the best player. Its a physical sport people are going to get hurt. Look at brandon roy in the NBA or the numerous injuries in the NFL like peyton manning.

Also the problem with soccer is its the only major sport where the league in the USA isn't the best league. When they come here they play scrub backups in exhibition games that dont mean shit.

Also you fail to realize hockey is played 3 or 4 times a week at a faster pace than soccer and the contact takes energy out of you. Soccer is a once or twice a week sport. Unless you have played hockey and soccer like i have you will not understand how hard it is to play hockey compaired to soccer. No sport is "natural" nonetheless either. Throwing a baseball overhand is not natural but people do that as well.

The Brandon Roy and Manning analogy is way off, those dudes injuries came from natural wear and tear, not intention to injure them or a system that makes it easy for them to be. Crosby was one of the best player in the league, that's not even up for debate and his teammate winning the cup doesn't lessens the fact.

The soccer point makes no sense either. The other sports that's popular here in the US have been around way longer than soccer, of course it's not going to be at the level of the other major sports. In the large scheme of things basketball, football, or hockey isn't shit compared the soccer in the world. The great soccer player who are on their last leg of their careers come here to the U.S. to play for MLS, that's the equivalent to Kobe going over to Italy in 5 years to play for a FIBA team.

Hockey games have shifts within games, it's not like they are playing 70-90 minutes of running up and down a 120 yard field like hockey and typically they play 2 games a week not to mention their practices. Using your hands and a hockey stick is not unnatural dude, it's no damn different than swinging a bat. Swinging a golf club is more awkward than using a hockey stick.

Dribbling a soccer ball is about as natural ass dribbling a basketball and running on your hands. Oh yes, i've played organize soccer since a kid and played street hockey. You don't expend the amount of energy you do on skates as you do running in soccer, all you have to do is build up momentum on skates.

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 25,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't watched a Florida Panthers game in over a decade. Soccer is dope
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

The Brandon Roy and Manning analogy is way off, those dudes injuries came from natural wear and tear, not intention to injure them or a system that makes it easy for them to be. Crosby was one of the best player in the league, that's not even up for debate and his teammate winning the cup doesn't lessens the fact.

The soccer point makes no sense either. The other sports that's popular here in the US have been around way longer than soccer, of course it's not going to be at the level of the other major sports. In the large scheme of things basketball, football, or hockey isn't shit compared the soccer in the world. The great soccer player who are on their last leg of their careers come here to the U.S. to play for MLS, that's the equivalent to Kobe going over to Italy in 5 years to play for a FIBA team.

Hockey games have shifts within games, it's not like they are playing 70-90 minutes of running up and down a 120 yard field like hockey and typically they play 2 games a week not to mention their practices. Using your hands and a hockey stick is not unnatural dude, it's no damn different than swinging a bat. Swinging a golf club is more awkward than using a hockey stick.

Dribbling a soccer ball is about as natural ass dribbling a basketball and running on your hands. Oh yes, i've played organize soccer since a kid and played street hockey. You don't expend the amount of energy you do on skates as you do running in soccer, all you have to do is build up momentum on skates.

Case in point you played pick up street hockey and orginized soccer. I have played orginized soccer and orginized hockey with skates. The biggest element in hockey is being able to skate fast for long periods of time. Even with the breaks the task of skating is something that fatigues your quads very quickly which is why there are shifts. Not to mention taking a hit and tire you in a way soccer cannot. The biggest killer in hockey is not building momentum but rebuilding it after you stop.
    Once someone changes direction or you do it yourself its hard to keep re building that momentum. Not to mention getting hit and stopping momentum of other players can be taxing on your endurance in a way soccer is not.

And my point with american soccer is that not having the best players playing in the USA is a problem. I follow arsenal in the epl and most games come on way too early or are not broadcasted. And i laugh at how fox reshows some soccer games on sundays that already happened. And if i want to see a pro soccer game in the USA im getting scrubs and washed out pros. As far as the NHL if i wanna just watch the playoffs or want to go to a pro game its in reach in most major cities.
    Dude soccer is a combination of distance running, sprinting, and skills, hockey does not encompass those elements. You act as if these soccer player can take shifts when truth of the matter is even the strikers/forwards have to play defense, there is no resting. There is nothing more strenuous than having to run distance and having to sprint, it's task in endurance and you still have to dribble the ball when your legs are shot from running. It's not like hockey players are shooting with their skates. lmfao

The best players in soccer is not going to play in the U.S. yet because the MLS hasn't build itself up to the point where the franchise can pay out millions like the EUFA teams. It's gonna take some time to build up the MLS but it has easily gotten better over the years, they just have to find out a way to keep kids playing soccer pass that elementary school period. Soccer has to be engrained into the culture of America and that will take a grass root effort.
  • detcatinvadetcatinva Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem with the NHL is they have to many enforcers who take away from the actual beauty of hockey and the NHL doesnt have the best foreign players. Watch the Olympics and watch Canada, Russia or FInland play and its way better than the NHL product
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Posts: 22,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crowd cheers the loudest when a fight starts at a hockey game.

At soccer games they just fightin the crowd.
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ibex wrote: »

this. at least for hockey all i gotta do is change the channel. mexicans take over the whole park out here for soccer. mfers be like 200 deep out there with lawn chairs, water coolers and shit playin til like 1-2 in the morning.

niggas cant even get a sideline pop hood football game goin no more

They runnin y'all niggas like that huh?
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Posts: 23,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch more hockey. I hear they get fucking rough in soccer tho. Never seen a game. Boston is my Hockey team tho! Charra's a fucking beast!
    detcatinva wrote: »
    the problem with the NHL is they have to many enforcers who take away from the actual beauty of hockey and the NHL doesnt have the best foreign players. Watch the Olympics and watch Canada, Russia or FInland play and its way better than the NHL product

when have you watched hockey last most of the enforcers have left the game cause they have made it faster with new rules like no 2 line pass. The best talent is in the NHL easily. The last olmypics was dominated by the United States and Canada which got silver and gold.

Dude soccer is a combination of distance running, sprinting, and skills, hockey does not encompass those elements. You act as if these soccer player can take shifts when truth of the matter is even the strikers/forwards have to play defense, there is no resting. There is nothing more strenuous than having to run distance and having to sprint, it's task in endurance and you still have to dribble the ball when your legs are shot from running. It's not like hockey players are shooting with their skates. lmfao

The best players in soccer is not going to play in the U.S. yet because the MLS hasn't build itself up to the point where the franchise can pay out millions like the EUFA teams. It's gonna take some time to build up the MLS but it has easily gotten better over the years, they just have to find out a way to keep kids playing soccer pass that elementary school period. Soccer has to be engrained into the culture of America and that will take a grass root effort.

The fact soccer does not make many subs makes it easier....when your on the bench in hockey its tough to keep your legs from cramping up. In Soccer you have the majority of the game at a moderate pace with parts of it being running. Remember different attackers are agressive at different times and most of the time only half the players are in the key parts of the play. Staying on the field helps your legs to keep getting blood circulation. Again untill you play orginized hockey on skates you will never know how hard it is and the many skills it includes.

The MLS will never contend with the euro leagues which is another prolblem with soccer. You have the best players in the world spread out over 4 big leagues in spain, england, france, and italy. At least the NHL is bar none the best of the best. And the champions league doesn't really give the best teams that many times to play each other.

I would much rather sit on my ass than having to run for a hour and a half up and down a 120 yard field. You are not gonna convince me with your cramping up fucking excuse, sorry dude. Don't act like these soccer plays our here aren't cramping up from dehydration or getting kicked in the chins.

I'll take any other sport athlete (soccer, football, basketball,etc before i take a hockey player when it come to athleticism and endurance. Talk to me when a hockey players skates his ass over a 120 X 60 yard field in all the different elements (hot, cold, windy).

False false false! There are leagues in South America that's comparable to Euro leagues, a lot of the Brazilian, Argentinian, etc players chose to play in their home countries for their leagues. Pele didn't play a day of Euro soccer because the Brazilian league is so good. The best young up and coming soccer player right now is Neymar and he plays in the Brazilian league.

The continent of Africa and Australia has put out great players too and soccer is huge in those countries. Asian countries like Korea, Japan,etc have put out world class players and national teams too.

Lets be real hockey is nowhere near worldwide. It's doesn't transcend to South America, Africa, Australia, Asia,etc. The game is mostly a North America, Russian,etc sport.

Pele can walk anywhere in the world and peope would know him. Gretzky could walk in Compton and people wouldn't even know who he is.

I would much rather sit on my ass than having to run for a hour and a half up and down a 120 yard field. You are not gonna convince me with your cramping up fucking excuse, sorry dude. Don't act like these soccer plays our here aren't cramping up from dehydration or getting kicked in the chins.

I'll take any other sport athlete (soccer, football, basketball,etc before i take a hockey player when it come to athleticism and endurance. Talk to me when a hockey players skates his ass over a 120 X 60 yard field in all the different elements (hot, cold, windy).

False false false! There are leagues in South America that's comparable to Euro leagues, a lot of the Brazilian, Argentinian, etc players chose to play in their home countries for their leagues. Pele didn't play a day of Euro soccer because the Brazilian league is so good. The best young up and coming soccer player right now is Neymar and he plays in the Brazilian league.

The continent of Africa and Australia has put out great players too and soccer is huge in those countries. Asian countries like Korea, Japan,etc have put out world class players and national teams too.

Lets be real hockey is nowhere near worldwide. It's doesn't transcend to South America, Africa, Australia, Asia,etc. The game is mostly a North America, Russian,etc sport.

Pele can walk anywhere in the world and peope would know him. Gretzky could walk in Compton and people wouldn't even know who he is.

lol but put 90% of pro athletes on ice and watch how hillarious it would be to see them fall and not be able to keep balance. its easier to transfer skills on sports played on a field to anther field or court base sport. But try doing that on the ice and see how "athletic" people are. If soccer was as hard as hockey as far as learning an entirely new craft of skating then it would not be a world wide sport. Its easy to learn and play which again why i think hockey is a much harder sport.

And again the big issue with soccer from an american standpoint is again the fact that you really don't know who the best team is in the world. you have stars all over the place instead of orginized into 1 pro league that can be delcared the best. which is why every major league in the world has 4 or 5 good teams and a bunch of scrub teams that cannot even compete. But the parity of western world sports like hockey is what makes it more watchable than soccer. Nearly every team can take a title at the start of a season. But in soccer leagues in europe half the teams can't even beat or tie the top teams or compete competitively.
    Well i guess figure skaters are athletes too, i guess Nancy Karigan is a better athlete than Messi. smh LOL soccer is more world wide because it's cheaper to play and requires less things (a field and ball) to play. Hockey is a rich kid sport, that's why it's not as popular or worldwide not because it's harder to learn. If you opened up hockey rink and made equipment cheap it would catch on just as fast.

The same thing you say about soccer not having one league is the same thing about hockey, you have the NHL and you have those European leagues. Plus the EUFA Champions League is somewhat organize and you have Euro where the different leagues do play each other. When does the NHL teams ever play any European league winners?