Now, let's rank the Biggie and Jay-Z collabs

yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874
edited March 2012 in The Reason
I have always wondered what is better between Young G's and Brooklyn's Finest and I have finally made my decision. I wanted to see where everyone ranked their collabs and not the one on Duets. I mean songs they recorded together when both alive.

Puff Daddy Feat. The Notorious B.I.G, Jay-Z Young G's

The Notorious B.I.G Feat. Jay-Z I Love The Dough

Jay-Z Feat. The Notorious B.I.G Brooklyn's Finest

I think they go in this order:

Young G's
Brooklyn's Finest
I Love The Dough

Everybody what are your opinions? Let me know what you guys think too.

Replies

• DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218
    edited March 2012
    Brooklyn's Finest=I Love The Dough>Young Gs

Brooklyn's Finest is the most raw of the three songs. BK's Finest had more potent lyrics, and a sense of urgency as Big and Jay were trying to outdo each other. BK's Finest may hold some extra significance if you're from Brooklyn, or NYC in general, being that BK's Finest can give you some hometown pride. And I think Biggie's bars were better than Jay's.

I Love The Dough is a lot more polished. And while there isn't a urgent feel compared to BK's Finest, it has a more celebratory feel to it. And I think Jay's bars were better than Biggie's.

Young Gs is a dope song. This song (along with I Love The Dough) shows what an album by The Commission would sound like had Biggie never got killed. And I think they were equal on this song.
  • Interesting on Brooklyn's Finest Jay did his part the same night and Biggie had to take more time with it. They didn't pay Biggie to do that verse either. Dame did not want to pay Puff shit.
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218
    Interesting on Brooklyn's Finest Jay did his part the same night and Biggie had to take more time with it.

Yeah, in the XXL interview of RD's anniversary, it said Biggie took months to complete his verses.
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 7,695
    1. Brooklyns Finest is a classic, Yong G's and I love the Dough can flip flop easily 2 or 3 yo. Depending on the vibe your on. Young G's has that hustler feel and I love the dough for when your flossing. I must admit though when I 1st bought my truck back in the day I drove off the lot playing I love the dough.
  • UPTOWNCONNEXXUPTOWNCONNEXX Posts: 12,979
    edited March 2012
  • YoungGoldieYoungGoldie Posts: 11,011
    The back and forth element and the overall bars on "bks finest" makes that the best collab imo. Plus it sampled one of my favorite old school 70's joints ,ohio players-exctasy. The other 2 are ill , but I got I love the dough>> Young G's
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Posts: 47,204
    1.BK= U get that back and forth jay and big tryna out do each other, in one side u have "that dude" and on the other u have the dude who is gunning for that spot..

and just think how Jay held his own and big had to take time to come up with his part is amazing a feat
    Young G's was crack only thing i think it wouldve been better without diddy on it.

I Love The Dough = loved it but hated that course and wasnt to fond of the beat
  • Nah SonNah Son Posts: 5,988
    Yea that chorus on Love The Dough is wack juice. Brooklyns Finest is the best easily although I dont really like the beat....but they was spittin crazy on that one. Except for that Pac line I never got why Big would diss himself with that one
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,238
    I personally feel Young G's is lyrically better,Puff ruined it with his non rapping ass.

Overall BK Finest is the best song.

I read somewhere where Jay said they record stuff for The Commission album but he would never release it.
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 7,695
    I think it's clear That Brooklyns Finest is the top choice yo. Who doesn't yell out the intro as soon as you hear the gunshots when the record drops " Okay I reloaded!!!". Even broads know that shit.
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,423
    edited March 2012
    #1. BK's FINEST - 5 MICS
    #2. I LOVE THE DOUGH - 5 MICS
    #3. YOUNG G'S - 5 MICS

1st and formost, all 3 songs are Classics, Biggie and Jay had amazing chemistry on record. I believe they were released in the proper order as if a Classic Trilogy would be. The 1st song "BK's Finest" is the strongest. Jay Z jumped in the ring and shows he can box with one of the Rap Gods. Biggie toyed with Jay until the final verse when he shocked everyone by mentioning Tupac's name on record while dissing faith in the process. The amazing Clark Kent Beat, that soul sample, it clearly was "Otis" before "Otis". It's there best callabo.

#2 is clearly "I love the dough". It's one thing to sample a Classic soul song, it's another to get the original singer to sing the same song but differently. Having Angela sing her original vocals was amazing. Easy Mo Bee laced the beat, it's the ultimate, windows down driving down the highway anthem. But a Smooth Beat is Biggie's playground and he proved once again to be to much for Jay. The final Callabo was actually done right after big died. He did his vocals 1st and Diddy and Jay did their vocals last. It's still considered a legit callabo cause Biggie heard Jay's and Puff's verses before he died, the song was just put together after. It's a great callabo, the beat is on some Mobb shit. Diddy actually spits a dope verse. Though Jay faught hard in "BK's Finest and I love the Dough", Big was just stronger.

But on "Young G's" Lyrically Jay gives his best shot to outshine Biggie. He had a lot of quoatables on that song. But even Jay's best effort is hard to top Biggie in his prime, he starts the rhyme off with "Damn it feel good to see people up on it", a through back Biz Markie line and had everyone at hello. Jay Z did not outshine Big on any of the callbo's they did. So Though all 3 songs are Classic, they are best to worst in the original order they were released. All I know now is if this was a preview of the Commission album, Wow, that ish would of been Classic. They had 2 posthumous callabos, the terrible song "Dream" where Jay butchers "Juicy" and then a remix of "Whatcu Want" which Jay adds a verse, it was OK but not better than the underground original. Overall Big passed the torch and laid the groundwork for Jay and he followed his way to success which makes him Biggie's #1 disciple.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,238
    Big > Jay on BK Finest
    Jay >Big on I Love the Dough
    Big=Jay on Young G's

imo
  • Kurt_S.E_FlushKurt_S.E_Flush Posts: 2,465
    Bks finest>>>>

i never really liked the production on the other two
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874
    edited March 2012
    Young G's was crack only thing i think it wouldve been better without diddy on it.

The thing that gets me is lyrically I find it the best verse. Biggie really wrote that dude a verse even Puffy couldn't fuck up.
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I personally feel Young G's is lyrically better,Puff ruined it with his non rapping ass.

Overall BK Finest is the best song.

I read somewhere where Jay said they record stuff for The Commission album but he would never release it.

There are also unreleased Biggie and Pun songs too.

It was on Puff album, so would have been hard for them to tell him not to rap over it. Imagine Biggie delivering those lines. "Watch your circle disappear like cigar smoke" "release date's bigger than Mandela's" first time I heard this track it was like wtf
    well jay used his verse twice on young g's

Explain and link to other song now

[

what u mean when u say unreleased Pun songs?

like Jay having them? cause if so how he get that wasnt they not cool
  • Young G's was crack only thing i think it wouldve been better without diddy on it.

It was on Puff album, so would have been hard for them to tell him not to rap over it. Imagine Biggie delivering those lines. "Watch your circle disappear like cigar smoke" "release date's bigger than Mandela's" first time I heard this track it was like wtf
    #1. BK's FINEST - 5 MICS
    #2. I LOVE THE DOUGH - 5 MICS
    #3. YOUNG G'S - 5 MICS

1st and formost, all 3 songs are Classics, Biggie and Jay had amazing chemistry on record. I believe they were released in the proper order as if a Classic Trilogy would be. The 1st song "BK's Finest" is the strongest. Jay Z jumped in the ring and shows he can box with one of the Rap Gods. Biggie toyed with Jay until the final verse when he shocked everyone by mentioning Tupac's name on record while dissing faith in the process. The amazing Clark Kent Beat, that soul sample, it clearly was "Otis" before "Otis". It's there best callabo.

#2 is clearly "I love the dough". It's one thing to sample a Classic soul song, it's another to get the original singer to sing the same song but differently. Having Angela sing her original vocals was amazing. Easy Mo Bee laced the beat, it's the ultimate, windows down driving down the highway anthem. But a Smooth Beat is Biggie's playground and he proved once again to be to much for Jay. The final Callabo was actually done right after big died. He did his vocals 1st and Diddy and Jay did their vocals last. It's still considered a legit callabo cause Biggie heard Jay's and Puff's verses before he died, the song was just put together after. It's a great callabo, the beat is on some Mobb shit. Diddy actually spits a dope verse. Though Jay faught hard in "BK's Finest and I love the Dough", Big was just stronger.

But on "Young G's" Lyrically Jay gives his best shot to outshine Biggie. He had a lot of quoatables on that song. But even Jay's best effort is hard to top Biggie in his prime, he starts the rhyme off with "Damn it feel good to see people up on it", a through back Biz Markie line and had everyone at hello. Jay Z did not outshine Big on any of the callbo's they did. So Though all 3 songs are Classic, they are best to worst in the original order they were released. All I know now is if this was a preview of the Commission album, Wow, that ish would of been Classic. They had 2 posthumous callabos, the terrible song "Dream" where Jay butchers "Juicy" and then a remix of "Whatcu Want" which Jay adds a verse, it was OK but not better than the underground original. Overall Big passed the torch and laid the groundwork for Jay and he followed his way to success which makes him Biggie's #1 disciple.

I think Jay got him on every song.

[

what u mean when u say unreleased Pun songs?

like Jay having them? cause if so how he get that wasnt they not cool

No, I mean as in Puff having them. Just like Dr. Dre has an entire duo album with Ice Cube that never got released. An entire DOC album that never got released. 1,000's of songs that no one will hear. People have music that the public will never hear. Rakim finished his album on Aftermath and it just never got released. Shit, Game does a couple hundred songs per album.

I think Jay got him on every song.

No, I mean as in Puff having them. Just like Dr. Dre has an entire duo album with Ice Cube that never got released. An entire DOC album that never got released. 1,000's of songs that no one will hear. People have music that the public will never hear. Rakim finished his album on Aftermath and it just never got released. Shit, Game does a couple hundred songs per album.

co-sign on jay gettin him on all 3
    and oh iight i can understand puff having them, i thought u meant jay tho since some one said hov has some commission tracks in the vault
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! Posts: 6,727
    edited March 2012
    Brooklyn's Finest is like, an ALL TIME rap duet

I Love the Dough is maybe the most boring song on LAD imho

Young G's will always be "some other song using the Big L Day One sample" to me

my problem is, Dough and Young G's feature that old Hard Knock Life era Jay-Z where he's lyrically jogging and using his voice differently and still kinda flowing his words quick...........ugh. I hate that Jay-Z so much now lol. Of all the styles Jay's used over the years that one was the worst imho and yes I'm counting old school Das Efx Jay.