Job seekers getting asked for Facebook passwords

Replies

• -Vincenzo--Vincenzo- Posts: 3,375
    so what if you ask for their details? just to know what kinda person you gonna work for...
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson Can I Fuck It? Im Gonna Fuck It... Posts: 43,459 Regulator
    edited March 2012
    I think it's a great idea for companies to do this

if you dumb enough to post crazy shit who fault is that?

and companies should be able to ask for your password, cause what is the difference if someone hacks into your page anyways

the company should perform due diligence in order to protect proprietary information

a lot of people are dumb and will inadvertently share all kinds of shit over the net :shrugs

well thats just dumb.

this is just as bad as asking "are you married" or "do you plan on having children"

you all need to learn workplace laws, and fast.

this shit is getting crazy. not only do they drug test you, ask for your background, but now they want to monitor us when we aint on the clock?
    i could understand if i was wearing the company shirt and at the club or some shit. but nyaaaaaaaah nigga that shit don't sound right.

can't believe the shit you all tolerate or are in agreement with.
    what happened to right to privacy?

but yall just go on and be good lil lemmings.
    SloGGyWild Selfdnyce215Black_Samson
  • High RevolutionaryHigh Revolutionary Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Things like this are why I'm working towards being self-employed.
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

and companies should be able to ask for your password, cause what is the difference if someone hacks into your page anyways

the company should perform due diligence in order to protect proprietary information

a lot of people are dumb and will inadvertently share all kinds of shit over the net :shrugs

well thats just dumb.

this is just as bad as asking "are you married" or "do you plan on having children"

this shit is getting crazy. not only do they drug test you, ask for your background, but now they want to monitor us when we aint on the clock?
    i could understand if i was wearing the company shirt and at the club or some shit. but nyaaaaaaaah nigga that shit don't sound right.

this shit will backfire. The baby boomers are on some other shit these days to keep the status quo.
  • iron man1iron man1 Protecting those I've put in harms way Avengers TowerPosts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just make a new one that you dont do anything with but this shouldnt even have to happen because thats none of they gotdamn business anyway
  • frostyicyfrostyicy Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    *no social network post*

I knew in 04 when FB first jumped off it was gonna turn into this...that's why I don't have one.
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson Can I Fuck It? Im Gonna Fuck It... Posts: 43,459 Regulator
    laws just need to catch up with technology, and be written in plain english.
  • blakfyahkingblakfyahking The IC's Resident Father Figure Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

well thats just dumb.

so if you own a business, it's ok for some fucknut to post your proprietary info online just because his/her page is private?

c'mon broski.........you don't HAVE to work there if you don't want to

so you telling me you comfortable with someone who has access to your personal info (say like a person at a bank) not having to be checked to see if they post dumb shit online?

c'mon bruh.........I'm all for freedom, but it isn't mandatory to have a facebook page

there's a fine line between privacy being violated and just being liberal to be difficult
    Mdizzle9000
    laws just need to catch up with technology, and be written in plain english.

Yeah, writing laws in the 18th century English is just confusing outside of lawmakers and people who studied law extensively. Again, blame the baby boomers for this crazy shit for the sake of saving a few dollars doing unrealistic and outdated practices.

well thats just dumb.

so if you own a business, it's ok for some fucknut to post your proprietary info online just because his/her page is private?

so you telling me you comfortable with someone who has access to your personal info (say like a person at a bank) not having to be checked to see if they post dumb shit online?

c'mon bruh.........I'm all for freedom, but it isn't mandatory to have a facebook page

there's a fine line between privacy being violated and just being liberal to be difficult

nondisclosure agreements do wonders my friend.

well thats just dumb.

not when it comes to facebook/twitter/other social networks fam

getting your money's worth back in court is a hassle compared to just checking to see if cuzzo is a dumbass beforehand

nothing is requiring people to post dumb shit on facebook

how a nigga gon get mad because he got denied for a job when he got "hood pics" on the net for the whole world to see?

the internet is not private SMH
    Mdizzle9000
    edited March 2012

well thats just dumb.

not when it comes to facebook/twitter/other social networks fam

getting your money's worth back in court is a hassle compared to just checking to see if cuzzo is a dumbass beforehand

nothing is requiring people to post dumb shit on facebook

how a nigga gon get mad because he got denied for a job when he got "hood pics" on the net for the whole world to see?

the internet is not private SMH

if the account is private then why do they care?
    i could understand snooping around an open account, but not one set to private.

this is just like buying a house then having your NCO do a walk thru 4 months later calling it a Health and Welfare inspection.(never had it happen told them about me when they said that shit)
    "bitch this mine!!!"
    i could understand living on base, but nah... i worked for this.

this is just like buying a house then having your NCO do a walk thru 4 months later calling it a Health and Welfare inspection.(never had it happen told them about me when they said that shit)
    "bitch this mine!!!"

cause it can be hacked

but the real reason companies are doing this is because of asymmetric(sp?) information

it's way easier to weed thru candidates who got something to hide, or can't at least use decent judgment when on social networks

a lot of mofos discount the value of privacy and do all sorts of dumb shit online

if I plan on paying you $100K to work for me, I want to at least know you got some type of discretion :shrugs

"bitch this mine!!!"

cause it can be hacked

but the real reason companies are doing this is because of asymmetric(sp?) information

it's way easier to weed thru candidates who got something to hide, or can't at least use decent judgment when on social networks

a lot of mofos discount the value of privacy and do all sorts of dumb shit online

if I plan on paying you $100K to work for me, I want to at least know you got some type of discretion :shrugs

so then why isn't my private account good enough again then? THAT shows discretion.
    Black_Samsondnyce215
  • Lurker6Lurker6 Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

"bitch this mine!!!"

cause it can be hacked

so then why isn't my private account good enough again then? THAT shows discretion.

werd
    edited March 2012
    and real talk BFK, thats why they need to call the references instead of asking for them and not doing shit with it.
    edited March 2012
    you don't hear me fam

setting your shit to private is like having a filthy barracks room, then shoving everything of filth in your closet at the last minute in an attempt to prepare for a room inspection

I reiterate, the internet is not private at all

mofos hack shit all the time

all somebody has to do is know who you are and where you work..........that's all it takes to gain a mofos interest enough to hack yo shit

don't believe me, look at this site for example

most mofos on this site don't know what I do for a living now even tho I pop a lot of shit on here

and it would cost me and my company a lot of money if I accidentally disclosed some shit

the only people who would have a problem with a company looking at your facebook are mofos who ain't used to high paying jobs...........checking your facebook is no different than background check

you'll piss in a cup, but won't give up a password? as an employer, that would raise a serious red flag for me
    you don't hear me fam

setting your shit to private is like having a filthy barracks room, then shoving everything of filth in your closet at the last minute in an attempt to prepare for a room inspection

I reiterate, the internet is not private at all

mofos hack shit all the time

all somebody has to do is know who you are and where you work..........that's all it takes to gain a mofos interest enough to hack yo shit

don't believe me, look at this site for example

most mofos on this site don't know what I do for a living now even tho I pop a lot of shit on here

and it would cost me and my company a lot of money if I accidentally disclosed some shit

the only people who would have a problem with a company looking at your facebook are mofos who ain't used to high paying jobs...........checking your facebook is no different than background check

you'll piss in a cup, but won't give up a password? as an employer, that would raise a serious red flag for me

yeah cause i can blow that bitch up and have it spilling all over they fingers.
    a password to something that they are not paying more for, there had better be a damn incentive added on to that.
    shit, the fuck is the point of that, if i have my shit set to private then chances are im either a) a private person b)paranoid c)a private damn person

come on man.

yeah cause i can blow that bitch up and have it spilling all over they fingers.
    a password to something that they are not paying more for, there had better be a damn incentive added on to that.
    shit, the fuck is the point of that, if i have my shit set to private then chances are im either a) a private person b)paranoid c)a private damn person

come on man.

but there is an incentive tho

the job is paying you if you get it

like I said, if I'm searching thru candidates and deciding who to pay $100K to, why wouldn't I look at your social network page if a potential hacker could do the same

see, that's the problem with this new internet saavy generation

mofos forget that they could decide to run for president one day..............then get culled out of the race on some Cain type shit over their business being all over the net

hell even them Mexican cartel niggaz ain't hiring if you putting all yo biz out on social networks LOL

but niggaz still ain't hearing me tho
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People underestimated social networking. Really did. Its still relatively new and people are already doing practices to go against your privacy. Old heads need to back down and let the net heads prevail.
  • harry knucklezharry knucklez Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Facebook account ain't even in my real name. I would just tell them that I ain't got one. And I would know better than to get on FB at work on their premises
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    no matter how you slice this shit, its invasive and only sets a precedent for even more fuckery.

its already disgusting that they do credit reports. niggas got fucked up credit because they're financially distressed but, now can't find a legal way to fix that problem because firms think they're unreliable. fuck the system man LMAO.
    Dr.Chemixdnyce215
  • LambentLambent Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    They can look if they want to, I only use it to look at other peoples accounts. I never post anything on it, nor use it to message people.

Now, my dummy accounts on the other hand.....