The Offical Mad Men Season-5 Thread: The GOAT TV Show is back... Breaking Who???

Replies

• WhoisDonG???WhoisDonG??? Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U have to remember Roger loss Lucky Strike the company money maker and his only job was to do that. Pete and Cosgrove kept the company afloat. Pete is resenting that Roger dont do shit but drink and flirt with women allday but get the nice offiice. Pete just want to be recognize for his work. Don Draper is who he want to be. Pete is the type of dude that reaches the mountain top and still want to go higher.
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason we think Pete keeps the company afloat is because Pete keeps saying that shit.
    We dont know the actual financials. Show me where anyone else says that. Pete has an overestimated
    sense of his own worth.

Also, Roger did fuck that up, but Roger has alot of equity and money in the company.
    In other words, he has already done his part, and has his name on the door. That is how business works.
    Do you think Bill Gates still sells computers? Do you think the head lawyer of law firms still tries the most cases?
    Notice how Don is now a closer, and not an idea man? At a certain point, you can do that.

Its part of work to hate those that can do that, but one day, Pete will be in the same position,
    and he wont appreciate young niggas going after his office either.
  • imm0rt4limm0rt4l Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Looks like a real nigga series of events to me.
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bignorm wrote: »
    The only reason we think Pete keeps the company afloat is because Pete keeps saying that shit.
    We dont know the actual financials. Show me where anyone else says that. Pete has an overestimated
    sense of his own worth.

Also, Roger did fuck that up, but Roger has alot of equity and money in the company.
    In other words, he has already done his part, and has his name on the door. That is how business works.
    Do you think Bill Gates still sells computers? Do you think the head lawyer of law firms still tries the most cases?
    Notice how Don is now a closer, and not an idea man? At a certain point, you can do that.

Its part of work to hate those that can do that, but one day, Pete will be in the same position,
    and he wont appreciate young niggas going after his office either.

Well the whole California thing comes to mind

And regardless of what Roger did in the past, Pete seems to be the most ambitious one. right now. Not concerned with sleeping and drinking all day.
    Pete do have most of the clients Roger spying trying to steal Pete shit. That why Pete sent him on the blank mission at 6AM
    Pete is the most ambitious, but dont have major clients, and it seems like he has trouble with those.

Would you rather have 10 10k clients or 2 50k clients?

Don and Roger (when motivated) gets the medium/big clients.

Pete shows anger that he dont have the swag for the major deals yet.
    Maybe he should chill and learn that swag before his delusions of grandeur.
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 9,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daaaamn @bignorm...lol
    I cosign what you say but tell us why you mad son...
    I know its deeper than rap...lol
    Roger only had 1 client to be responsible for, and he failed. he got complacent and stopped 'taking himself seriously' I'm sure the Sterling that existed before the show was motivated and hard working but thats not who we see now. When Pete and Ken were both co head of accounts, they named off maybe 20 or so accounts that Pete was responsible for. He's a lil bitch sometimes, no doubt. but he's getting the job done, meanwhile, Roger is salty, knowing that Pete is potentially more valuable to the company (not that it matters for job security, but I believe its an ego thing with Roger)
  • fightforolddcfightforolddc Posts: 672 ✭✭✭✭
    So was Megan a stripper in a past life?? That bitch gonna be makin moves in that office, you already know.
  • white715white715 Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good episode

Megan is a bit off and I'm sure we'll see more in the episodes to come, and the crazy ones be havin that top notch sex game which would explain why Don wifed that up in the 1st place

Roger was clowin hard but his value to the company is diminishing and he knows it and Pete does to, and I think thats why Roger is going so hard right now and in the end it's going to make his fall even more spectacular especially if it comes at the hands of Pete

Pete is a little bitch tho, The power move he tried to make on Don when he found out his secret was some bitch shit, First off he had no power he was still little dude, still had similac on his breath tryin to come at the king, that whole situation reminds me of some Kobe type shit.

Second when Trudy went OT and this nigga ends up fucking around on her and then just about confuses to her when she gets back all teary eyed and shit, dude be trying to make grown man moves when he's still a little boy. But I'm guessin he'll get his act together sooner or later
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody know a site where I can start watching this show?...

AMC should be there shows on Demand so people can catch up and become fans of the show w/o having to search that shit out...ever since Megavideo went down it's hard to find shit u can actually watch on the net w/o downloading it.
    Netflixs has all four seasons up.
    I forgot how he went at Don.

Don will back Roger then.
    Don is not Don anymore... Where would Dick Whitman go?... Will he go with change or fight to keep things the same...
    Rogers time has come... His racist ass got to play the game or time will force him out...
    Exactly Sterling and Cooper are dinosaurs in this game. Pete represents the new school. Pete sees the future and the social change. Madison Ave has to change or be left behind.
    Yep... I remember the episode when Roger didn't want to business with the Japanese because of what happend in WWII... and don't forget he was in blackface already... His racism will be his downfall...smh
  • Iheart~CaliIheart~Cali Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megan is a temporary fixture. It was a dumb move to begin with and now that Don is surfacing from that mini mid-life crises he had back in Cali, he's realizing it. I don't care for her character anyway so she won't be missed.

Anyway, this episode was kind of blah. But that's what happens when you're away for so long. Now they have to do all of this re-establishing before they can start getting into the real drama. Not the most exciting thing in the world.

Damn ya'll. Its foreplay. First episode of the season. Can't give you everything at once. They are just warming you up girl.

Ya I know. Doesn't mean it was any less boring. Still love the show though.
  • truth_juicetruth_juice Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Anybody know a site where I can start watching this show?...

AMC should be there shows on Demand so people can catch up and become fans of the show w/o having to search that shit out...ever since Megavideo went down it's hard to find shit u can actually watch on the net w/o downloading it.

Letmewatchthis.ch
    rudeboy
    i thing i am interested to see is how, or if, Ken changes his approach to work. I remember when all the partners wanted him to set up a round of golf with his father in law and some reps from another company. ken declined citing essentially that he did not want to mix his 'life' with work. they all looked at him stunned, especially Don. And he's rarely seen doing the late night partying to woo clients. Until now, he's probably one of the few who has maintained a good balance of work and time away from work, where the others have allowed their work to consume their life. I wonder if this keeps up, or if his approach changes or if it even causes conflict at work. Most of these men seem to fail at marraige, Ken and Pete are the young guys and you can already see where Pete and Trudy or whatever her name is, will end. It could be an interesting element to the show to see if Ken can keep up or if his life begins to gravitate more towards work and how either will effect his relationship w/ the company.
  • imm0rt4limm0rt4l Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    speculation on a possible death this season, lots of allusions/allegory and a common theme found in the premiere episode all of which harkens to the Mad Men intro. read at your own discretion. It's an interesting read.

http://www.salon.com/2012/03/30/pete_campbell_1934_1966/singleton/
    Spoiler:
  • sdotcarter111sdotcarter111 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bitch got fat.
    She got comfortable
  • FroHawkeFroHawke Posts: 1,114
    Dam Betty looks heavy
    Betty got that cancer