sony's answer to super smash bros

bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Arcade
Title Fight, the Sony brawler akin to Nintendo's own Super Smash Brothers, will be available at E3 2012 says Paul Gale of PaulGaleNetwork. If you've been out of the loop for the past few months, then here's the run down on Title Fight.

Title Fight is essentially Sony's answer to Nintendo's Super Smash Bros and will feature numerous characters from various games featured across Sony's portable and home consoles. So far, the roster includes: Fat Princess, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Parappa The Rapper, Sweet Tooth, Sly Cooper, Kratos, Colonel Mael Radec, and Nathan Drake. Damage meaters will be used in place of life bars, although how they will function has yet to be revealed. Each character will receive a stage from their respective franchise, they will also each have a special attack.

Paul also says that Title Fight is nearing completion because the version E3 attendees will go hands-on with is the "near complete" version.

Although Title Fight has yet to be announced formally by Sony, it is expected to receive a reveal at this years E3 which would coincide with the gameplay segment that will be held on the showroom floor. Check back in the coming weeks for more details about Title Fight!

Title Fight Will Be Playable At E3 2012

stonefaceYoung-Icefocus

Replies

  • funkdocdamcfunkdocdamc Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not hating on the game, but Nintendo did it with FRANCHISE characters; Sony is reaching with some of these picks. Parappa the Rapper and Fat Princess...really? Curious to see how Drake, Kratos, Radec & Sweeth Tooth fit into the cartoony world of Jax, Ratchet & Sly.
    focus
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they better have crash
    stonefaceYoung-Icegenocidecutter
  • AlkindusAlkindus Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    lol sounds fun
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 11,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSBM...

    I...Was...God
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope its like SSB where you can pick up life and stuff. im kinda shitty at arcade games. or people are too fucking good at marvel vs capcom
    Young-Ice
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Sevchenko?
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds really fresh and innovative, like nothing that's been done before already. It'll sell really well too....like Move and Modnation Racers did.
    funkdocdamcimm0rt4ljoshuaboyAnti_matterMrSoutCityearth two supermanstonefaceBcotton5NAWLEDGE_REIGNSYoung-Ice
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    This sounds really fresh and innovative, like nothing that's been done before already. It'll sell really well too....like Move and Modnation Racers did.

    like nintendo using the same characters for 30 years?

    I don't understand your comment? I was praising Sony. What is the connection with Nintendo and its use of characters?

    funkdocdamcimm0rt4ljoshuaboyAnti_matterMrSoutCitybankrupt ballerBcotton5NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,415 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Laaaaate, Sony should have done this 5-10 years ago SMH..... Sony is desperate, they're already weak on cash, they 4.4 billion dollars last year. It's going to take them several years to turn back to profit assuming they don't lose any more money.....

    I'll definitely try it out tho LOLOL. Hopefully this dont end up like Ehrgeiz lol......

    Any news on the developer spearheading this ? Or is this entirely in-house ? If they smart they'd outsource this project to Capcom.....
    MrSoutCityfocusHip-Hop One
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Solid Snake, No Laura Croft????
    WACK!
    Young-Ice
  • PK_TK_187PK_TK_187 Posts: 2,240
    i bet its wack as fuck
    where's the new Smash Bros?
    Sion
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    i bet its wack as fuck
    where's the new Smash Bros?

    ^shenco alias
    Young-Ice
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,610 Regulator
    sypro and crash bandi
    Young-Ice
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 9,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sion
    If the nextbox comes with bluray like rumor says then Sony will make the money back...
    stoneface
  • hueyhuey Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they lost 4.4 billi last year? goddamn
    focusYoung-Ice
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,415 Regulator

    @ocelot.... lets hope so, Playstation is still iconic and I think that the PS4/Orbis and the new management they have is going to do wonders. Sony has never failed to always have the top of the line hardware for their console, they've always had more powerful systems.

    @freehuey89..... yeah fam, Sony hasn't turned a profit in 4 years. Keep in mind tho that Japan fell into a recession in 08 & then there was the earthquakes/tsunami. But something to note, Sega lost 5.5 billion dollars before they filed for bankrupty. I doubt Sony will go bankrupt but it could happen.
  • So good enough!avatar4.jpg
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sionb55 wrote: »
    @ocelot.... lets hope so, Playstation is still iconic and I think that the PS4/Orbis and the new management they have is going to do wonders. Sony has never failed to always have the top of the line hardware for their console, they've always had more powerful systems.

    @freehuey89..... yeah fam, Sony hasn't turned a profit in 4 years. Keep in mind tho that Japan fell into a recession in 08 & then there was the earthquakes/tsunami. But something to note, Sega lost 5.5 billion dollars before they filed for bankrupty. I doubt Sony will go bankrupt but it could happen.


    But the recession wasn't notable because they came out of it in 09. And the earthquake/tsunami only affected a small area and they got over that very quickly. What has hampered Japan most is what set it into recession in the first place and that was the world financial crisis. The US dollar has not recovered from that and it has caused the US to import less from Japan and that was Japan's biggest market.
    Sion
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,415 Regulator
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    sionb55 wrote: »
    @ocelot.... lets hope so, Playstation is still iconic and I think that the PS4/Orbis and the new management they have is going to do wonders. Sony has never failed to always have the top of the line hardware for their console, they've always had more powerful systems.

    @freehuey89..... yeah fam, Sony hasn't turned a profit in 4 years. Keep in mind tho that Japan fell into a recession in 08 & then there was the earthquakes/tsunami. But something to note, Sega lost 5.5 billion dollars before they filed for bankrupty. I doubt Sony will go bankrupt but it could happen.


    But the recession wasn't notable because they came out of it in 09. And the earthquake/tsunami only affected a small area and they got over that very quickly. What has hampered Japan most is what set it into recession in the first place and that was the world financial crisis. The US dollar has not recovered from that and it has caused the US to import less from Japan and that was Japan's biggest market.


    True.

    At the end of the day tho, I hope Sony doesn't go out of business, I can't imagine them being like Sega and falling off. To Japan I bet Sony would be deemed too big to fail given its international standing.
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot that sony produced Legend of Dragoon.

    They should throw Dart in there too.

    Sion
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just read they changed the name to "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale". LMAO. That sound like some shit SEGA would name a game and another flop waiting to happen. They should just stick with the EA name rip-off "Title Fight".

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222293p1.html
    funkdocdamcBcotton5imm0rt4learth two supermanstonefaceSionMorganFreemanKingKINGOFDAARCADEjoshuaboy
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    I just read they changed the name to "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale". LMAO. That sound like some shit SEGA would name a game and another flop waiting to happen. They should just stick with the EA name rip-off "Title Fight".

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222293p1.html

    do you own just a wii?
    also what games you got for it?
    focus
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    I just read they changed the name to "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale". LMAO. That sound like some shit SEGA would name a game and another flop waiting to happen. They should just stick with the EA name rip-off "Title Fight".

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222293p1.html

    do you own just a wii?
    also what games you got for it?

    All the Wii "something" games
    The Just Dance Trilogy
    Cooking Mama
    Barbie X Disney Princesses

    Bcotton5imm0rt4lstonefacejoshuaboyfunkdocdamcbankrupt baller
  • KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    I just read they changed the name to "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale". LMAO. That sound like some shit SEGA would name a game and another flop waiting to happen. They should just stick with the EA name rip-off "Title Fight".

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222293p1.html

    ^mad that master chief and marcus fenix turned down his offer for a 3some

    stonefacefocus
Sign In or Register to comment.