The Official 2011-2012 European Football Thread.

Replies

• water ur seedswater ur seeds Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See that Af at full time?

whats Af?

lol...African...A fresh of the boat one

oh lol
  • One SpliffOne Spliff Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭

u see the way that whiteboy looked at him lol
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Spliff wrote: »

lol...These fresh Afs have no decorum...That bein' said..Neither do fresh Caribbeans...Good result bruv...Holdin' it up for the Brits...Although the way people are hypin' that only Chelsea are left is mad...

• northside7northside7 Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Spliff wrote: »

lol...These fresh Afs have no decorum...That bein' said..Neither do fresh Caribbeans...Good result bruv...Holdin' it up for the Brits...Although the way people are hypin' that only Chelsea are left is mad...

LoL...
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    Not impressed. Chelski will be making their exit later in the month..

A month (and 2 rounds) later than your side?

Yeah but chelski isn't going to win tho, so that holds no weight..
    infamous114Hip-Hop OnejoshuaboydontdiedontkillanyonYoung_Chitlintoheeb27
  • AlkindusAlkindus Posts: 1,677
    LMAO so we got Chelsea vs. BArca eyyyyy? Benfica was unlucky yesterday, they can play some beautifull football from time to time, Aimar still is da king son

Bayern vs. Real........both spanish teams got lucky they can play away first...I have faith in Bayern though, Ribery/Robben/Gomez/Muller gonna suprise Jose's galacticos

anyway gonna check out the EL tonight, rootin for AZ to go through against Valencia(AZ won 2-1 at home).

@josh, say hi to Roman for me lol
    Wait...Why can't Chelsea win it?

Chelsea ain't nowhere near the level they had a few years back when they faced Barca(when they had Ballack/Hiddink etc) and Barca has only gotten better.....so the odds are in favour of Barca, but hey, this is football so I wouldn't be suprised if Chelsea pull though

they got nothing to lose, Barca got lucky against Milan imo(ref fucked up with the 2nd pen)

they need to bench Mikel for Essien though, Mikel needed a lot of fouls yesterday, seemed like he couldn't keep up with the fastpaced midgets of Benfica, you know Barca got those 2 lmao.
    lol what flag is roman sailing under? can't see it clear

they say Blanc, French national coach is going to be Chelsea's new manager btw
  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkindus wrote: »

Can't make out the flag either. It would be of what country the boat is registered in.

He was only here for one day. My friend met him - he brought some people to open offshore accounts at the bank he works at.

He comes here a lot by the way, but this is the first time I've ever known him to actually come off the boat. Knew it was purely business because he docked at this particular harbour in the city. He usually docks at one of the quieter harbours.
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Can't make out the flag either. It would be of what country the boat is registered in.

He was only here for one day. My friend met him - he brought some people to open offshore accounts at the bank he works at.

He comes here a lot by the way, but this is the first time I've ever known him to actually come off the boat. Knew it was purely business because he docked at this particular harbour in the city. He usually docks at one of the quieter harbours.

lol roman be living the life, faring from coast to coast, occasionally watchin a chelsea match

not suprised he comes to Antigua a lot, you live on a beautifull island bro
    antigua.jpg
    Benfica president vows to protest
    Benfica president Luis Felipe Vieira has described his team's Champions League exit to Chelsea as "an outrage" and vowed to protest to the Portuguese Football Federation.

- Lampard relieved as Blues progress
    - Terry struggling with injury
    - Mourinho: Chelsea won't reach final
    - Palmer: Di Matteo fails to convince

Chelsea, having won the first leg of the teams' quarter-final 1-0 in Lisbon, booked a semi-final date with Barcelona after securing a 2-1 victory at Stamford Bridge, but the return leg was not as straightforward as had been expected.

Benfica, who played most of the match with ten men after Maxi Pereira was shown a second yellow card in the 40th minute, were within a goal of progress following a Javi Garcia header in the 85th minute only for Raul Meireles to settle the encounter in the dying moments.

It was an impressive showing for a team many had written off after the first leg, and there was a feeling in the Benfica camp that referee Damir Skomina had unduly influenced the tie.

"Whether we were there (in Lisbon) or here (in London), we were not allowed to eliminate Chelsea," Vieira told RTP. "Benfica were the better team and deserved to go through, but other factors seriously hindered us. We lacked luck."

Vieira, who added that "only the officials failed to see" a John Terry handball in the area in the first leg, suggested the fact that Portuguese football is "very small" meant the authorities showed a preference for teams from the bigger leagues.

"We can't understand how a Slovenian referee was in charge of this match and we will explain our position to the Portuguese Football Federation," he said. "I don't know whether the federation is capable of doing anything.

"Surely everyone saw what happened here. It is evident that this is a business and that there was no desire to see Benfica go through. Refereeing has reached a scandalous point."

Benfica manager Jorge Jesus similarly felt that Skomina, who issued eight yellow cards in the second leg, had played a part in his team's demise.

"Well, we've been the better team in both legs - in Lisbon and in London,'' he said. "I am very proud of my men. We played with ten men for the best part of an hour and we were still the better team. We made Chelsea look ordinary.

"We were penalised by the referee tonight, unfortunately, and unjustly I feel, but that's football in the end. We come away as losers but I feel my team gave everything and I am very proud of my players tonight."

He added: "Over the two games we proved we were much the better team. What hurts me is that we've knocked out better teams than this Chelsea. I may be wrong but I believe Chelsea have no chance against Barcelona."

Despite their disappointment, Vieira remains confident Benfica will return to the Champions League next season ready to try again. "We'll be back," he said. "UEFA and Platini will see Benfica again in Europe."
    Bale: I snubbed Man Utd to join Tottenham
    Gareth Bale has revealed he turned down the chance to join Manchester United, fearing he may have struggled to nail down a regular start.

- Bale backs Redknapp for England

After a tough transition to life in the Premier League following his 2007 move from Southampton, Bale has blossomed and is now one of the most talked about players in world football.

He is a key figure for Spurs and has attracted interest from the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan, but he could have been gracing the biggest stage in English football had he answered Sir Alex Ferguson's call in the positive.

"Man United were interested in me but I wanted to play first-team football," Bale told Match of the Day magazine. "I thought I had a better chance of getting that at Tottenham. The manager at the time, Martin Jol, told me he wanted me to go straight into the first team."

Bale is a key figure for Wales but he could have been pulling on an England shirt.

"That was an emotional debut," he said of his 2006 international bow against Trinidad & Tobago. "When I came on I knew I was the youngest ever Wales international, at the age of 16. I'm a proud Welshman - that's why I didn't choose to play for England. I could have, but I'd rather be Welsh!"
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mario at it again... Dude just crashed his car lol

Smh....

tumblr_ln43vqaZdJ1qzab5p.png
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief, FCC Member, IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 11,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benfica president vows to protest
    Benfica president Luis Felipe Vieira has described his team's Champions League exit to Chelsea as "an outrage" and vowed to protest to the Portuguese Football Federation.

- Lampard relieved as Blues progress
    - Terry struggling with injury
    - Mourinho: Chelsea won't reach final
    - Palmer: Di Matteo fails to convince

Chelsea, having won the first leg of the teams' quarter-final 1-0 in Lisbon, booked a semi-final date with Barcelona after securing a 2-1 victory at Stamford Bridge, but the return leg was not as straightforward as had been expected.

Benfica, who played most of the match with ten men after Maxi Pereira was shown a second yellow card in the 40th minute, were within a goal of progress following a Javi Garcia header in the 85th minute only for Raul Meireles to settle the encounter in the dying moments.

It was an impressive showing for a team many had written off after the first leg, and there was a feeling in the Benfica camp that referee Damir Skomina had unduly influenced the tie.

"Whether we were there (in Lisbon) or here (in London), we were not allowed to eliminate Chelsea," Vieira told RTP. "Benfica were the better team and deserved to go through, but other factors seriously hindered us. We lacked luck."

Vieira, who added that "only the officials failed to see" a John Terry handball in the area in the first leg, suggested the fact that Portuguese football is "very small" meant the authorities showed a preference for teams from the bigger leagues.

"We can't understand how a Slovenian referee was in charge of this match and we will explain our position to the Portuguese Football Federation," he said. "I don't know whether the federation is capable of doing anything.

"Surely everyone saw what happened here. It is evident that this is a business and that there was no desire to see Benfica go through. Refereeing has reached a scandalous point."

Benfica manager Jorge Jesus similarly felt that Skomina, who issued eight yellow cards in the second leg, had played a part in his team's demise.

"Well, we've been the better team in both legs - in Lisbon and in London,'' he said. "I am very proud of my men. We played with ten men for the best part of an hour and we were still the better team. We made Chelsea look ordinary.

"We were penalised by the referee tonight, unfortunately, and unjustly I feel, but that's football in the end. We come away as losers but I feel my team gave everything and I am very proud of my players tonight."

He added: "Over the two games we proved we were much the better team. What hurts me is that we've knocked out better teams than this Chelsea. I may be wrong but I believe Chelsea have no chance against Barcelona."

Despite their disappointment, Vieira remains confident Benfica will return to the Champions League next season ready to try again. "We'll be back," he said. "UEFA and Platini will see Benfica again in Europe."

Benfica president throwing flamethrowers, they won't hear him though
    Bale: I snubbed Man Utd to join Tottenham
    Gareth Bale has revealed he turned down the chance to join Manchester United, fearing he may have struggled to nail down a regular start.

- Bale backs Redknapp for England

After a tough transition to life in the Premier League following his 2007 move from Southampton, Bale has blossomed and is now one of the most talked about players in world football.

He is a key figure for Spurs and has attracted interest from the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan, but he could have been gracing the biggest stage in English football had he answered Sir Alex Ferguson's call in the positive.

"Man United were interested in me but I wanted to play first-team football," Bale told Match of the Day magazine. "I thought I had a better chance of getting that at Tottenham. The manager at the time, Martin Jol, told me he wanted me to go straight into the first team."

Bale is a key figure for Wales but he could have been pulling on an England shirt.

"That was an emotional debut," he said of his 2006 international bow against Trinidad & Tobago. "When I came on I knew I was the youngest ever Wales international, at the age of 16. I'm a proud Welshman - that's why I didn't choose to play for England. I could have, but I'd rather be Welsh!"

Bale real for that snub, respect
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...Why can't Chelsea win it?

Chelsea ain't nowhere near the level they had a few years back when they faced Barca(when they had Ballack/Hiddink etc) and Barca has only gotten better.....so the odds are in favour of Barca, but hey, this is football so I wouldn't be suprised if Chelsea pull though

they got nothing to lose, Barca got lucky against Milan imo(ref fucked up with the 2nd pen)

they need to bench Mikel for Essien though, Mikel needed a lot of fouls yesterday, seemed like he couldn't keep up with the fastpaced midgets of Benfica, you know Barca got those 2 lmao.

No doubt Barca are redhot favourites...But in a two legged tie, it won't be easy...Its all about what they take to the Camp Nou...A win at Stamford Bridge is very achievable...

Mikel needs to play WITH Essien, IMO

Smh....

its only a lil prang but still, dude is the rodman or sprewell of the league haha
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 6,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smh....

its only a lil prang but still, dude is the rodman or sprewell of the league haha

How long before he chokes Mancini? lol

Smh....

How long before he chokes Mancini? lol

lol waiting for mancini to tell him to put a little mustard into it 'maaaaaario, i begga of you, puuuuttaa little mustard into it pleeeeeeease'