New theory on spread of Aids to the west and through Africa.

young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Social Lounge
Longtime Washington Post journalist Craig Timberg and award-winning AIDS researcher Daniel Halperin tell the surprising story of how western colonial powers unwittingly sparked the AIDS epidemic and then fanned its rise. Drawing on remarkable new science, Tinderbox overturns the conventional wisdom on the origins of this deadly epidemic and the best ways to fight it today.

Recent genetic discoveries have traced the birth of HIV to the forbidding equatorial forests of Cameroon, where chimpanzees carried a nearly identical virus for millennia without causing a major outbreak in humans.

During the Scramble for Africa near the turn of the twentieth century, colonial companies blazed new routes through the jungle in search of rubber and other riches, sending African porters into remote regions rarely traveled before. It was here, during the age of european conquest, that humans first contracted the strain of HIV that would eventually cause 99 percent of AIDS deaths around the world.

http://tinderboxbook.com/
Young-Ice

Replies

• Bully_PulpitBully_Pulpit Black Mage Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call bullshit on this
  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people just wanna believe some dirty African fucked a monkey in the jungle somewhere and now we have Aids, which is not true. Aids is a result of America in seek of Africa's natural resources In my opinion, the slaughter of some animals like chimps in these remote places sometimes would entail blood. I'm just posting a link to a new book to at least back up or state the point i'm making.
  • janklowjanklow god's lonely man. Posts: 6,589 Regulator
    I call bullshit on this
    yeah, to hell with those detailed explanations from people who've studied the topic!

VIBEBodhiAmotekunbirdcallaveliBK ProductA.J. Trillzynski[Deleted User]Young-Ice
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 23,642 Regulator
    I call bullshit on this

VIBE
    janklow wrote: »
    I call bullshit on this
    yeah, to hell with those detailed explanations from people who've studied the topic!
    sfxqw7.gif
    janklowYoung-Ice
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call bullshit on this

Literally to hell. To hell with them and their bullshit. HIV is govt. manufactured.
    imnotyourbabydaddy
  • heyslickheyslick Posts: 1,179
    I call bullshit on this

Literally to hell. To hell with them and their bullshit. HIV is govt. manufactured.

Reverend Wright has got you fools convinced. I guess the Government also manufactured some folks promiscuous tendencies?

BK ProductStoneColdMikeyimnotyourbabydaddy

heyslick wrote: »
    I call bullshit on this

Reverend Wright has got you fools convinced. I guess the Government also manufactured some folks promiscuous tendencies?

Promiscuity didn't have any thing to do with it really, chimpanzees carried a nearly identical virus for millennia without causing a major outbreak in humans according to these writers, I agree somwhat with the theory but regardless of the fact people didn't just start being promiscuous.

I call bullshit on this

Promiscuity didn't have any thing to do with it really, chimpanzees carried a nearly identical virus for millennia without causing a major outbreak in humans according to these writers, I agree somwhat with the theory but regardless of the fact people didn't just start being promiscuous.

What are you gonna claim next, that homosexuality hasn't perpetuated the spread of Aids - those living the 'down low' life style aren't spreading the disease. FYI those in monogamous relationships don't have high rates of STDs.

Young-Ice
  • KushingtonKushington Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White scientists created aids to kill sub saharan africans
    KingJamalimnotyourbabydaddy
  • En-Fuego22En-Fuego22 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kushington wrote: »

Who are the other africans
    I call bullshit on this

Dude reverend Wright? Fuck reverend Wright, I dont even go to church.
    Young-Ice
    sfxqw7.gif
    sorry about your internet feelings
    yes, surely THAT has as much support as this article's theory... oh, wait, it doesn't. but did you actually read the article?
    VIBE
    sfxqw7.gif
    sorry about your internet feelings
    yes, surely THAT has as much support as this article's theory... oh, wait, it doesn't. but did you actually read the article?

dont flatter yourself cracca
    Young-Ice
  • KushingtonKushington Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Kushington wrote: »

Who are the other africans

North africans

the ones above the sahara, which is why the ones below the sahara are called sub saharan

StoneColdMikey
    edited April 2012
    I call bullshit on this

What are you gonna claim next, that homosexuality hasn't perpetuated the spread of Aids - those living the 'down low' life style aren't spreading the disease. FYI those in monogamous relationships don't have high rates of STDs.

I'm not claiming that it didn't perpetuate the spread, thats almost irrelevent because like I said people didn't just start living like this, if it was systematically planned or just one of those things that happend due to colonialism is something I wont say I know.
    I call bullshit on this

I'm not claiming that it didn't perpetuate the spread, thats almost irrelevent because like I said people didn't just start living like this, if it was systematically planned or just one of those things that happend due to colonialism is something I wont say I know.

The only thing I understand about your POV is the lack of responsibility & putting the blame where it belongs. Seriously at this point in time it's in the human being court - & folks can either accept that reality or continue to search for theories about who what or where it originated - is the blame gonna make it go away? or improve the lives of those who suffer?

if you're going to post pictures to demonstrate your hurt feelings, i don't think i am flattering myself to acknowledge that

VIBEYoung-Ice
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    How is AIDS gov. manufactured?

Only Reverend Wright knows & hes convinced others that Uncle Sugar is the real culprit. Isn't TOO! much sugar bad for you?

if you're going to post pictures to demonstrate your hurt feelings, i don't think i am flattering myself to acknowledge that

ah thats just my thing on here, im surprised in your infinite knowledge you did not know this. but hey you learn something new every day

Young-Ice
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    How is AIDS gov. manufactured?

It's not lol
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not far fetched to think the government created AIDS. Up till WW2 a hand full of countries were into biological warfare heavy, and the U.S could have created the AIDS virus for that reason. But they didn't have a cure, so they wouldn't release on Russia, or China. But it could have accidently got out. Just a theory.

But it's also very believable that somebody did fuck a monkey. Cause these monkey's look ALOT like humans. Shit kinda freaks me out. Like look into a monkey's eyes and you can see it has some type of soul. Shit's cray.
    129123300941703879.jpg

monkey_math_brain.jpg
    vibe stop clicking ether on janklow shit i know its you and thats hardly ether
    Jabu_Rule
  • VIBEVIBE The Man, The Myth, The Fommie Posts: 41,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    LMAO!

Hardly ether? People get ether for putting LOL
    Jabu_Rule
    true, some folks on here is trigger happy but we cool, i was just letting know i knew lol
    Jabu_Rule