The Offical Mad Men Season-5 Thread: The GOAT TV Show is back... Breaking Who???

Replies

• S.jR.S.jR. "Living, breathing exigent circumstances." Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would've never thought Pete would commit that, but after all that happened and they did drop the one line about him still having that gun in his office.
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 9,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And didn't they say at the dinner table that that one dude lost it and killed his family???
    Don't do it Pete!!!
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can't imagine that they get rid of pete. its better entertainment to watch him continue to try and be like Don
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can actually see how Don is being who Roger used to be.
    thats true, and Don maybe trying NOT to become what Roger is now
  • sdotcarter111sdotcarter111 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    bignorm wrote: »
    Did yall notice that after "tim tebow" perfected his finger poppin technique on pete's gal,
    the dripping sound from the sink was heard again at the end of the show?

No sink, that was the last drop of Pete soul leaving his body. Tank was on E.
  • fightforolddcfightforolddc Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I actually thought the classroom shit was taking it too far too lol.
    no one likes seeing a broad they been simping is about to get seeded up by a new nigga
    who aint put the time in we have.

Yeah, even i felt bad there lol.

I dont think she was feelin Pete in the slightest tho, and she was ready to cut loose. Jock boy came thru and got in that pussy right quick.
    edited April 2012
    S.jR. wrote: »
    It's crazy when a nigga at the "cool table" get his ass beat.. Pete thought he was at least 3rd in swag, called the man a Homo and everyone laughed.

Lane after he dropped him, "that's the last bit of advice I give you!" Basically saying I'd fuck you up if you catch yourself talking shit about me.

Pete is a bitch for sure but one thing ill give him is he was never low on confidence ... i'd say he probably had the most swag outta anyone in SCDP. He just doesn't got the stats or the game to back it up.

If you noticed in the car after the strip club, he was talkin reckless to Don and passing judgment on his past indiscretions, and Don wasnt even checkin him for it really. Don coulda went hardbody and threatened to fire him if he kept talkin that talk.

LOL@ Pete getting on Don for not rescuing him in the fight. Don shoulda slid him for such bitchniggashit.
    edited April 2012
    Thats not why Don laid back. Don has never been one to waste words or breath, especially on new niggas he see as beneath him. If you notice, he's the master of just letting your words sit out there so you can marinate in them, and realize just how much you've lauced.

Thats why after Pete went off about Don not jumping in when his bitch ass was gettin dealt wit, Don chilled and let the words and thoughts linger in the air until their feeble foundations collapsed and all that was left was the deafening silence of a soul burning slow in a 60's elevator. And what happened right after that? Pete started crying.

This is why Don is the boss, he ethers your entire existence without opening his mouth.
    fightforolddcS.jR.truth_juicefocus
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 9,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most swag in SCDP? Thay title goes to my nigga Roger... Knocks up the thickest white girl with the GOAT titties in Manhattan...Got another nigga taking care of his seed while hes still making money and fucking bitches... Doesn't help that he makes more money than Private Joker...
    Thats not why Don laid back. Don has never been one to waste words or breath, especially on new niggas he see as beneath him. If you notice, he's the master of just letting your words sit out there so you can marinate in them, and realize just how much you've lauced.

Thats why after Pete went off about Don not jumping in when his bitch ass was gettin dealt wit, Don chilled and let the words and thoughts linger in the air until their feeble foundations collapsed and all that was left was the deafening silence of a soul burning slow in a 60's elevator. And what happened right after that? Pete started crying.

This is why Don is the boss, he ethers your entire existence without opening his mouth.

The definition of letting his soul burn slow.
    And they let Pete talk reckless because they raised him.
    Same reason they let him get his ass beat. It hurts for them to ether him.
    But they'll let Lane do it.
    arbitration
    Im feelin the way Joan let Lane's self esteem stay intact when he fucked up.
    She wouldnt have done that for anyone else, but she know he a good dude.

And by the way, calling Lane a homo was the last straw for Pete.

Lane has pulled badder bitches on this show than Pete.
    fucking that black playboy bunny chick and kissing Joan >>>>Pete wathching a high school girl
    busting her first nut on a new niggas fingers while he watches.
    arbitration
    ocelot wrote: »
    The most swag in SCDP? Thay title goes to my nigga Roger... Knocks up the thickest white girl with the GOAT titties in Manhattan...Got another nigga taking care of his seed while hes still making money and fucking bitches... Doesn't help that he makes more money than Private Joker...

Nah joe, Roger kinda sloppy and lame with his approach if you watch closely. He played the pity card with Joan often when he wanted something from her, played the pity card with the guy from Lucky Strike .... got his name on the building and getting strongarmed by Peggy and even Harry Crane when he wanted something. Plus, you gotta remember, Roger only got to the top because his dad was a partner and gave him the Lucky Strike account.

Im judging it based on how a nigga acts when he's not at the top ... when the only leverage he has is his confidence and ambition.

Notice how entitled Pete felt from day one at the company. Even as a young brat he already was trying to make power moves -- maybe he thought he was entitled to it based on his fam's wealth. You gotta have utmost belief in yourself to make it from the bottom of the map to where he got. He's outchea giving orders to Roger, whos name is on the side of the building, and calling another part-owner a homo. You gotta be so cocky to talk like that in business meetings.

Shit he's a dorky rat and he pulled a bad broad that would do anything for him. Peter is a certified ho ass nigga but i give him more props than Roger Sterling, real talk.
    it was kinda sad to see Don get sonned by Trudi, but hilarious when he said, "its too bad your husband can't close a deal like this"

Idk, Joan is about her business. She played it right, no gossiping will come from it. Just open the door and have the conversation she came in there to have. She babysits all their egos, its apart of her job description almost.

Joan had another moment like that with Peggy when that copywriter kept saying all that sexual shit about her and Peggy fired him. Peggy thought Joan would be happy but she flipped on her saying something like they have the power now they'll see me as a meaningless secretary and you as a humorless bitch. Joan knows how to make chess moves in the office, that bitch would survive on Game of Thrones.

arbitrationfocus
    And I'd never say Pete got swag, its the other way around he got the numbers which he constantly throws out there.. but doesn't have the game. The older heads laugh at him because he still gotta earn his keep to get on their level.

Unless he takes a leave of absence to let that swelling go down (which I doubt because he's too prideful) its gonna be funny as fuck around the office. He better make a power move and gain more business to shut them up. The one dude in his corner (Don) ain't tons feel no pity, he expects him to go back to hustling just as he had moments like that with Peggy.
    *Got the most swag
    Matt- wrote: »
    it was kinda sad to see Don get sonned by Trudi, but hilarious when he said, "its too bad your husband can't close a deal like this"

Don wasnt getting sonned.
    HE realized that the only reason for the dinner was to spend time with him.
    He also realizes that no matter what, Don's presence always makes Pete look weak by comparison.

Don wasnt getting sonned.
    HE realized that the only reason for the dinner was to spend time with him.
    He also realizes that no matter what, Don's presence always makes Pete look weak by comparison.

lol. the ultimate mental manipulator, the man who tells people what to think and how to act, got talked into doing something that he didn't want to do. by a female. who is the wife of peter. and that was after not getting his wife to cancel it for him. I don't think he went over there for the sole reason of shaming pete. if that was the case, he never would have turned it down, or thought that he turned it down.
    The condescending way he told him "that was a coincedence" after fixing this nigga sink......
    the way we forced his wife to pull over and get smashed after.
    He knew what he was doing.
    he knew what he was doing once he was there. absolutely. even before he went, he knew how it would be.

but that doesn't change that Trudi Campbell made him be there, he called to tell her no and couldn't talk his way out of it.
    he knew what he was doing once he was there. absolutely. even before he went, he knew how it would be.

but that doesn't change that Trudi Campbell made him be there, he called to tell her no and couldn't talk his way out of it.

You are forgetting the fact that his wife wanted to go.
    He went to make her happy, not the Campbells.

You are forgetting the fact that his wife wanted to go.
    He went to make her happy, not the Campbells.

he called to tell trudi no and he did tell her no, she basically said 'fuck that, no excuses. you are coming" and hung up.
    And?

Half of men's lives is letting hoes think they won when they did not.
    The old don woulda looked that off pre his wife.
    Even pete admitted how often Don looked them off before her.

Hell, i think trudy's cultivating a friendship wiht her was to help her hubby make moves.
    edited April 2012
    Don't think Don was intentionally tryna son Pete, it just couldn't be avoided. That nigga was collateral damage.

Pete was the Iraqi housewife who goes to the market the same day Al-quaeda decide they wanna bomb it.

Don has a field of trillness you gotta be a certain level of boss to operate in without catching shrapnels of ether. As a little nigga who hasn't hit that peak yet, Pete's first mistake was inviting him into his home where it would be most devastatingly potent.

After this past ep and the sheer volume and force of the ether he received, I get the feeling he'll be more careful.
    focus