The Avengers or Dark Knight Rises

245

Replies

  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props Eyes. thats fuckin dope! def staying after to see that shit. Howd you find this out? spoiler wrap that if ya gotta lol.
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Props Eyes. thats fuckin dope! def staying after to see that shit. Howd you find this out? spoiler wrap that if ya gotta lol.

    I saw the movie on Saturday. They had 10 screenings across the country and I went to the one in philly. Facebook gave away the passes
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was great. I think hulk stole the movie every time he was on screen toward the end he was doing some great stuff. I think all of them got a pretty equal amount of screen time. Some jokes here and ther but overall the movie has a serious tone which I liked. I think everyone that's sees it will walk away happy and the last 45 min is pretty much all action
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. thats what i hated about all the characters first movie, Thor was one fight in the beginning and an hour of eye candy for chicks. Then a small scuffle at the end. i was very let down with that movie. Iron man 1 and 2 were good and i thought Captain america was a pretty good movie. not exactly action packed but they got a great amount of his origin in there. Hulk with Ed norton was pretty bad ass tho.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Posts: 47,813 Regulator
    eyes low wrote: »
    It was great. I think hulk stole the movie every time he was on screen toward the end he was doing some great stuff. I think all of them got a pretty equal amount of screen time. Some jokes here and ther but overall the movie has a serious tone which I liked. I think everyone that's sees it will walk away happy and the last 45 min is pretty much all action
    im a have to check this out
  • earth two supermanearth two superman Posts: 15,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its gonna be Iron Man vs Dark Knight all over again. This is why Batman is coming out later in the summer. theyll both get $, be entertaining, but only one is gonna walk out with the critical acclaim and maybe some Movie of the Year consideration.
  • Damn. I missed that screening in Philly. I saw that FB shit about the movie, meant to look into it and ended up forgetting all about it.

    They're supposed to have an all day showing of all of the Avengers characters' individual movies and then an Avengers screening at the end, all for $40.00. Probably looking at an all day event.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Posts: 47,813 Regulator
    sup with the dark knight havent heard anything in a while
  • nujerz84nujerz84 Posts: 11,817
    Dark Knight of course but I still go see Avengers my only concern bout Avengers that it gonna be Iron Man feat 5 other heroes.
  • I Am HimI Am Him Posts: 259
    its gonna be Iron Man vs Dark Knight all over again. This is why Batman is coming out later in the summer. theyll both get $, be entertaining, but only one is gonna walk out with the critical acclaim and maybe some Movie of the Year consideration.


    I think that was part of DK's problem. If I'm paying to see a super hero movie, I want it to be all about the action. A little character development is cool, but I want to see Batman being Batman.
  • The Avengers all day.

    I'm not convinced Anne Hathaway is going to be a good cat women.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 Posts: 11,817
    I Am Him wrote: »
    its gonna be Iron Man vs Dark Knight all over again. This is why Batman is coming out later in the summer. theyll both get $, be entertaining, but only one is gonna walk out with the critical acclaim and maybe some Movie of the Year consideration.


    I think that was part of DK's problem. If I'm paying to see a super hero movie, I want it to be all about the action. A little character development is cool, but I want to see Batman being Batman.

    Batman was being Batman in the DK....idk what movie u talking about...
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joker in DK...Dope...Didnt try to come with some bogus backstory...
  • CainCain Posts: 26,104 Regulator
    Marvel CB's better than DC CB's but DC movies shits on all marvel movies.
    (except Green Lantern shit is/was trash)
  • I Am HimI Am Him Posts: 259
    The probability of Dark Knight Rises being a shitty movie are far less than the probability of The Avengers being a shitty movie.



    I think everyone who's seen the first two Batman films under Nolan as well as his other work would be beyond shocked if the movie wasnt great. The next Chris Nolan flick to be disappointing will be the first one.

    Cant say the same about Avengers.


    You can't say the same about Avengers because this has never been done before. This is historical.
  • I Am HimI Am Him Posts: 259
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I Am Him wrote: »
    its gonna be Iron Man vs Dark Knight all over again. This is why Batman is coming out later in the summer. theyll both get $, be entertaining, but only one is gonna walk out with the critical acclaim and maybe some Movie of the Year consideration.


    I think that was part of DK's problem. If I'm paying to see a super hero movie, I want it to be all about the action. A little character development is cool, but I want to see Batman being Batman.

    Batman was being Batman in the DK....idk what movie u talking about...
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I Am Him wrote: »
    its gonna be Iron Man vs Dark Knight all over again. This is why Batman is coming out later in the summer. theyll both get $, be entertaining, but only one is gonna walk out with the critical acclaim and maybe some Movie of the Year consideration.


    I think that was part of DK's problem. If I'm paying to see a super hero movie, I want it to be all about the action. A little character development is cool, but I want to see Batman being Batman.

    Batman was being Batman in the DK....idk what movie u talking about...



    But he wasn't doing it enough. I think it was more of the Joker's or even Two-Face's movie.

  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall think they will do a Justice League movie? i mean they got Green Lan out already, they said originally it was planned for a trilogy. Said that they got a script for flash. Batman and Superman already made. alls they need is Cyborg Wonder Woman and Aquaman. but i think thats too many movies for some not as popular characters for DC to do. and i highly doubt christian bales diva ass would do a JL movie.
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923
    Dont think Bale would do it either... would they really need movies for all those characters..couldnt they just give em a lil back story on who they are/where they came from etc...
  • BK ProductBK Product Posts: 1,923
    For what its worth....

    The reviews are starting to descend upon the planet and the resounding response is glowing: "Marvel's The Avengers" is sizing up to be the next must-see action blockbuster this year.

    Landing in theaters on May 4th, the timing couldn't be better—as box office enthusiasm for "The Hunger Games" will have presumably finally waned by then.

    "Avengers"-watchers so far seem to agree the action sequences are astounding in 3D. Most reviews offer high praise of writer-director Joss Whedon for making a film that will please both comic book geeks and general audiences alike.

    Here are the highlights, which include praise and some criticisms:
    "Pays off in extravagant fashion... escapism of a sophisticated order... Production is technically immaculate."

    —Justin Chang, Variety

    [PHOTOS: 'The Avengers' Los Angeles premiere]

    "...not only does this eye-popping 3D display of visual effects fireworks feature an enormously high proportion of action scenes, but director Joss Whedon has adroitly balanced the celebrity circus to give every single one of the superstar characters his or her due."

    —Todd McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter

    "...the inspired manner in which writer-director Joss Whedon springs the element of surprise is the trump card of the picture..."

    —Leigh Paatsch, The Daily Telegraph

    "...a successful amalgam of skilful actors, witty banter, top-of-the-line effects, bigger-is-better action sequences and giddy good cheer. Though overlong and inevitably burdened by the need to juggle so many protagonists..."

    —Tim Grierson, Screen Daily

    "As serious as the stakes get, Whedon's never afraid to let a joke out... and it gives the film a light, bouncy tone that makes it such a pleasure to watch."

    —Oliver Lyttelton, Indiewire

    [RELATED: Will 'The Avengers' assemble again for a last-minute scene? ]

    "With so many characters, it's somewhat inevitable that someone get shortchanged and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) is notably underused here."

    —Eric Goldman, IGN

    "In overall Avengers Assemble is by far the most spectacular superhero ever made in terms of a visual extravagance, and is truly something that has been worth waiting for..."

    —Jay A. Ottley, Movie Web

    "...smart, funny and dramatic, but with all the trappings of a sci-fi action movie presented fully intact."

    —James Hunt, Den of Geek

    "I have never been to a film that brought out so much enthusiasm from the audience, engaging with them on a level that brought out true emotion."

    —Yahoo! Movies resident comic-book-nerd-turned-movie-reviewer Galen Sturgess, who attended the Sydney premiere
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess your right, most of the JL fame is with batman and superman. I heard an interview with Christian Bale that said one of the main ways to get him to sign on to the trilogy for batman was if Christopher nolan didnt have plans for a Robin to be involved. I was never a fan of Robin but i thought that was kind of dumb. Cyborg i dont think would need a movie. Id be interested in a flash or aquaman movie. and another Green Lantern. Wonder Woman not so much.
  • I Am HimI Am Him Posts: 259
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    Marvel CB's better than DC CB's but DC movies shits on all marvel movies.
    (except Green Lantern shit is/was trash)


    There are only five or six good DC superhero movies, and they all involve the same two characters. Marvel has a run going back as far as Blade. To me, the only terrible movies Marvel has made are Elektra and the non-director's cut of Daredevil.

    DC

    1966 Batman
    1978 Superman
    1980 Superman II
    1982 Swamp Thing
    1983 Superman III
    1984 Supergirl
    1987 Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    1989 The Return of Swamp Thing
    Batman
    1992 Batman Returns
    1995 Batman Forever
    1997 Batman & Robin
    Steel
    2004 Catwoman
    2005 Batman Begins
    2006 Superman Returns
    Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
    2008 The Dark Knight
    2009 Watchmen
    2010 Jonah Hex
    2011 Green Lantern



    Marvel

    1986 Howard the Duck
    1989 The Punisher
    1990 Captain America
    1994 The Fantastic Four
    1998 Blade
    2000 X-Men
    2002 Blade II
    Spider-Man
    2003 Daredevil
    X2
    Hulk
    2004 The Punisher
    Spider-Man 2
    Blade: Trinity
    2005 Elektra
    Man-Thing
    Fantastic Four
    2006 X-Men: The Last Stand
    2007 Ghost Rider
    Spider-Man 3
    Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    2008 Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Punisher: War Zone
    2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    2010 Iron Man 2
    2011 Thor
    X-Men: First Class
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    2012 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance


    DC has 21 superhero movies and 17 of them are Superman or Batman related and only 6 of them are decent. Marvel has 30 movies, 16 different characters and 10 or 11 decent movies. Now if you are talking animated, then DC sons Marvel, but live action is Marvel all day
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Am Him wrote: »
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    Marvel CB's better than DC CB's but DC movies shits on all marvel movies.
    (except Green Lantern shit is/was trash)


    There are only five or six good DC superhero movies, and they all involve the same two characters. Marvel has a run going back as far as Blade. To me, the only terrible movies Marvel has made are Elektra and the non-director's cut of Daredevil.

    DC

    1966 Batman
    1978 Superman
    1980 Superman II
    1982 Swamp Thing
    1983 Superman III
    1984 Supergirl
    1987 Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    1989 The Return of Swamp Thing
    Batman
    1992 Batman Returns
    1995 Batman Forever
    1997 Batman & Robin
    Steel
    2004 Catwoman
    2005 Batman Begins
    2006 Superman Returns
    Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
    2008 The Dark Knight
    2009 Watchmen
    2010 Jonah Hex
    2011 Green Lantern



    Marvel

    1986 Howard the Duck
    1989 The Punisher
    1990 Captain America
    1994 The Fantastic Four
    1998 Blade
    2000 X-Men
    2002 Blade II
    Spider-Man
    2003 Daredevil
    X2
    Hulk
    2004 The Punisher
    Spider-Man 2
    Blade: Trinity
    2005 Elektra
    Man-Thing
    Fantastic Four
    2006 X-Men: The Last Stand
    2007 Ghost Rider
    Spider-Man 3
    Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    2008 Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk
    Punisher: War Zone
    2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    2010 Iron Man 2
    2011 Thor
    X-Men: First Class
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    2012 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance


    DC has 21 superhero movies and 17 of them are Superman or Batman related and only 6 of them are decent. Marvel has 30 movies, 16 different characters and 10 or 11 decent movies. Now if you are talking animated, then DC sons Marvel, but live action is Marvel all day

    That movie was straight ass... might have even been worst than Green lantern

    word besides the airplane scene that was a waste of a movie
Sign In or Register to comment.