Trayvon Martin Case.... the plot thickens

Replies

• CopperCopper The WickPosts: 45,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black/White/Asian/Latino kids die everyday in this country and elsewhere as a result of much worse circumstances...I'll never get the hype for this case.

the suspect admitted to the murder and no charges were filed add that to the fact that he was told by a dispatcher not to pursue ignored it and went after him then claimed self-defense.....

any national case can be said that "hey there was a case just like it what makes this so diff."
    same can be said for all those missing white kids that get splashed on tv and become known nationaly...my lil cousin and her brother went missing back in 89'(no word from them ever again) and no one knows thier names not even in my city
  • bow to royaltybow to royalty Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Why are people lookin at that super blurry ass picture sayin they can't see cuts? And usin the extremely blurry picture to try to discredit the very clear picture?
    truth_juice
  • Why are people lookin at that super blurry ass picture sayin they can't see cuts? And usin the extremely blurry picture to try to discredit the very clear picture?

Because its causing too much cognitive dissonance. They want to BELIEVE that Zimmerman was unharmed but those god damn facts get in the way sometimes..,
    Lurker6redhandedbandittruth_juice
  • heyslickheyslick Posts: 1,179
    Why are people lookin at that super blurry ass picture sayin they can't see cuts? And usin the extremely blurry picture to try to discredit the very clear picture?

Because its causing too much cognitive dissonance. They want to BELIEVE that Zimmerman was unharmed but those god damn facts get in the way sometimes..,

The black populous has already convicted this guy - does the truth really matter? The subliminal messages set forth by so many radical elements within the black community won't allow for the real truth to be told...all of these random attacks of late are scaring some folks.....seriously vindictiveness isn't gonna help race relations in America.

stringer bellLurker6ToppsGucci Scott Kingtruth_juice
  • lighthearted26lighthearted26 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he will get off. I was watching the ID channel and a woman killed her lover's wife with an axe, claimed self defense and got off. Anything is possible because it all comes down to who the jurors are. I pray they have atleast some common sense. And also we really need to get this law changed, I never even knew about it until this case. Ain't no telling how many cold blooded murders went on under the guise of "self-defense".
    I think he will get off. I was watching the ID channel and a woman killed her lover's wife with an axe, claimed self defense and got off. Anything is possible because it all comes down to who the jurors are. I pray they have atleast some common sense. And also we really need to get this law changed, I never even knew about it until this case. Ain't no telling how many cold blooded murders went on under the guise of "self-defense".

If Zimmerman's lawyer wants a judge to determine his fate,then he might get a fair trail? otherwise jury nullification could be used in this trial e.g. (A great example of race based jury nullification involves the racially based jury nullification of the OJ Simpson murder trial) the truth isn't relevant. IMO he WILL BE CONVICTED regardless of the facts. Incidentally if the Martin families attorney is smart? he will/could use these tactic. The laws about stand your ground won't even matter.

Toppstruth_juice
  • People mad as hell at that picture of Zimmerman's head bleeding.

I dont get it either.

It seems pretty clear that Zimmerman was the aggressor and Trayvon was standing his ground. Then Zimmerman pulled out a gun and killed him.

The real question in this case is can Zimmerman claim self defense after he provoked an altercation? When you look at Zimmerman's history of violence against women and police officers, his word at the crime scene should not have been enough for the police to let him go.

Regardless of what happens in the criminal court this is gonna be a slam dunk case in civil court.
    SneakDZAToppsredhandedbandit
  • 2012 and america is still caters to lighter color people. I'll sit back and laugh when the riots break out because this was handled totally wrong
    I think Zimmerman will get off, and he should. The court system is supposed to make a judgement on what's been proven. And the bottom line is (as far as we know) there's no proof that Zimmerman is lying.

I'm not siding with him or saying he's innocent. I'm just saying as far as this case goes the evidence against him seems weak.
  • TheBadOneTheBadOne Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Zimmerman's black now, he might not get away with it.
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bgoat wrote: »
    22es8m.jpg

so trayvon did this?
    People mad as hell at that picture of Zimmerman's head bleeding.

I dont get it either.

It seems pretty clear that Zimmerman was the aggressor and Trayvon was standing his ground. Then Zimmerman pulled out a gun and killed him.

The real question in this case is can Zimmerman claim self defense after he provoked an altercation? When you look at Zimmerman's history of violence against women and police officers, his word at the crime scene should not have been enough for the police to let him go.

Regardless of what happens in the criminal court this is gonna be a slam dunk case in civil court.

Does the REAL story/truth matter? I just don't understand the mindset of so many within this tragedy - & the innocent people losing there lives over this tragedy - black people across this country are seeking revenge and the media barely covers this story & it just keeps getting worse every day. This is god damn unbelievable - 100's and 100's of pages of black people taking revenge out on innocent people & blaming others for what they've never done...WOW!

truth_juice
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [email protected] crooked ass cops pouring strawberry jelly on the back of zimmerman head to try to fix the case...its the police man the police..smh they crooked as fuck.
    Lurker6
    doubletee wrote: »
    [email protected] crooked ass cops pouring strawberry jelly on the back of zimmerman head to try to fix the case...its the police man the police..smh they crooked as fuck.

Yeah! them jelly filled donuts from said local donut shops do come in handy at times - now we know y cops like donuts.

Matt- wrote: »

Good find and read - just goes to show you how biased are our own media sources truly are - along with others who painted Zimmerman into some kind of real monster - black people getting all worked up and threatening to kill people...because of this so-called wicked white man....how many more innocent white people have to be maimed or killed before enough is enough? THIS ALWAYS happens.....blow up the story and make others suffer because some of YOU black folks know the real truth about how is......BULL SHIT!

Lurker6
  • Drgoo0285Drgoo0285 Posts: 513
    I think Zimmerman will get off, and he should. The court system is supposed to make a judgement on what's been proven. And the bottom line is (as far as we know) there's no proof that Zimmerman is lying.

I'm not siding with him or saying he's innocent. I'm just saying as far as this case goes the evidence against him seems weak.
    I am not sure... Even in his story Zimmerman says he "reached" for his cell phone before Trayvon started beating him.
    How many times have unarmed people been shot to death because a person was "reaching for something."

And Zimmerman had a GUN on him... I mean, come on...

Had the roles been reversed....
    SneakDZA

I think people are losing focus of the real issues here.

Zimmerman was labeled white because when the police came he/or someone else said he was white. It's in the police report. It's not a media conspiracy. He actually is identified as white.

The major issue is why did it take so much outrage to bring charges for this case? It seems as if the police department did everything in it's power(including coach some of the witnesses) to keep charges from being issued...

Also... fuck the part of the story that says somehow this crime is more acceptable cause some unrelated black males broke in somebody else's house...
    SneakDZAredhandedbandit
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote= wrote:

Zimmerman was labeled white because when the police came he/or someone else said he was white. It's in the police report. It's not a media conspiracy. He actually is identified as white.

The major issue is why did it take so much outrage to bring charges for this case? It seems as if the police department did everything in it's power(including coach some of the witnesses) to keep charges from being issued...

Also... fuck the part of the story that says somehow this crime is more acceptable cause some unrelated black males broke in somebody else's house...

i didn't think that race was the point of the article. it talked about it, but i thought the overall tone was about how he has had a history of helping out people in the neighborhood, regardless of color. trying to dispel any notion that he is a racist. And I don't think the article said that killing an innocent person is acceptable. It was saying that people have been breaking into homes in the neighborhood - meaning Zimmerman had a reason to be on the lookout. some people believe that the actual account is something as simple as he just saw a black man and assumed he was up to no good so he approached him and killed him. The article was just saying that its not that simple.
    edited April 2012
    [quote= wrote:

i didn't think that race was the point of the article. it talked about it, but i thought the overall tone was about how he has had a history of helping out people in the neighborhood, regardless of color. trying to dispel any notion that he is a racist. And I don't think the article said that killing an innocent person is acceptable. It was saying that people have been breaking into homes in the neighborhood - meaning Zimmerman had a reason to be on the lookout. some people believe that the actual account is something as simple as he just saw a black man and assumed he was up to no good so he approached him and killed him. The article was just saying that its not that simple.
    You think them talking about his "black roots" in the title has nothing to do with race?

also; being on the look out is one thing. He saw him and called the police. That's all that needed to happen.

He crossed the line when he began to stalk trayvon, and attempted to confront him.

Good article. Glad someone else acknowledged that young black men had been committin robberies in the community. And that they explained some more of his phone calls. It was dumb that people used his excessive phone calls to portray him as a vigilante when it's the COMPLETE opposite.
    truth_juice

Good article. Glad someone else acknowledged that young black men had been committin robberies in the community. And that they explained some more of his phone calls. It was dumb that people used his excessive phone calls to portray him as a vigilante when it's the COMPLETE opposite.
    What do you mean complete opposite?
    Drgoo0285 wrote: »

A vigilante doesn't go to the authorities but instead takes the law into his own hands. His consistently reporting crimes to the police makes him look like far from a vigilante.
    truth_juice

also more about his calls...

" In one case, he chased a reckless driver while calling 911 — the driver later told police he was terrified that Zimmerman was going to attack him."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html#storylink=cpy

I mean, obviously he's a dude who wants to be some sort of hero, and at times seems to act erratically.
    Drgoo0285 wrote: »

A vigilante doesn't go to the authorities but instead takes the law into his own hands. His consistently reporting crimes to the police makes him look like far from a vigilante.
    But Zimmerman did try to take the law into his own hands.. There are at least 2 cases of him chasing "suspects."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html#storylink=cpy