Nas - Daughters

Replies

• Fy_HunnitMzFy_HunnitMz Dat Douh Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welp. the song
    Another bland song from Nas.

Can you elaborate?

Listeners can at least relate to this song unlike "beezing in the trap" and shit like that.
    [Deleted User]kacee139
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas smashed Beyonce before Jay Z

Life IS Good

yet Nas married a well known hoe and a gold digger. Fail!
    deathrowzorrowYoungGoldieDMTxTHC[Deleted User]birdcallaveliinfamous114NothingButTheTruthH-Rap 180soul rattleryoung$osaAlready Home_17
  • Mr.PlayerMr.Player Posts: 224
    i gotta daughter dis shit serously touched my soul son i love dat he made dis song ion even gotta say no homo cause that shits so real this for niggas with daughters
    a.mann
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance I got that Mozambique Ha Ha! ZionPosts: 23,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That song should ve been called why am i paying that stupid bitch carmen all this money...
    YoungGoldieH-Rap 180
  • H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I see what Nas is doing and I respect it.

"The Don" was some straight cultural Afrikan-Jamaican boom-bap projects & pyramids, Beats-&-Rhymes to show us that he aint on that bullshit Euro-Techno-Homo-Emo-Mullatto shit thats infested the culture.

"Black Girl Lost 2"
    was some ish for the Sistas on some straight Black woman empowerment shit to show that the White-Bitch movement in Hip-Hop is not the musical direction Nas is going in.

"Daughters" is the follow up to the Black Family saga Nas incorporated in his discography, hes the only rapper that has a song with his Father, a song with his Brother, a song with his Wife, a song dedicated to his Mother and now a song dedicated to his Daughter. Thats the Black family, next song will be about his Sun, Knight.

The cultural awareness that Nas is keeping alive within the culture is appreciated. he makes music for our community first and foremost without worrying about some cross-over shit or that grafted shit or that overseas-Euro shit.

I love the science behind his moves and what they represent.

excellent post! With all the hate "black girl lost 2" received, I thought i was the only one who noticed what he did.

YoungGoldieH-Rap 180*~queenbee~*
  • trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

Remember NaS aired out his dad over this Classic KanYe/D.Dot beat and then told him he loved him before the song was over. NaS does a great job on songs like this. Here is his 1st song to Destiny where he says nothing but postive things about her. I understand people might feel a way about him airing out his daughter a little on this but she aired out herself and NaS is only addressing it. And again he Ether himself for a being a bad father more than anything.

JDSTAYWITIT.redhandedbandit
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas The Don is my shit
    This song was dope too
    Cant wait for this album
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 25,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can Nas make great music if ya'll constantly complain about his beat selection? Just a question
    YoungGoldiebirdcallaveliH-Rap 180Gucci Scott King_Menace_
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Finally this is the type of shit i want to hear from Nas, dope production and dope lyrics. Did NO ID make this beat?

yea this the one I thought we had to wait a week for.
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember NaS aired out his dad over this Classic KanYe/D.Dot beat and then told him he loved him before the song was over. NaS does a great job on songs like this. Here is his 1st song to Destiny where he says nothing but postive things about her. I understand people might feel a way about him airing out his daughter a little on this but she aired out herself and NaS is only addressing it. And again he Ether himself for a being a bad father more than anything.

b5.jpg

Self-Ether can be realized with a single picture.....

infamous114*~queenbee~*Nah Sonrapmastermindyoung$osa
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

"Get My daughter this college plan, so she don't need no man"

Big's Daughter is doing just fine attending College and living her life out. I wish Destiny was doing the same things so NaS didn't have to make this song. Hopefully this is a wake up call for her to turn some things around. I'm sure NaS wished "Me and You" was his only song to Destiny but she forced his hand with those pics. And what does Big's baby Mom got to do with this? You can't help but to hate on Big even when this has nothing to do with him. NaS admitted in this song he could of been a better father and I commend him for looking in the mirror instead of doing a song airing out his daughter.

birdcallaveli*~queenbee~*
  • alphajjcalphajjc Posts: 427

This is exactly what I was talking about in my first post. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. WHat you said is basically what I was saying.

Nas is the type of artist that does not go easy on anyone just because they are related to him, sometimes he may even be harder on his family than a fellow artist. Some people may say that is messed up but like you said the song wasn't negative because he said positive things about her and owned up to his own mistakes for being too easy on her.

I like that about him that he does not sugarcoat things and excuses things that certain family members of his does. Kind of like Pac did in "Dear Mama" with bringing up the "crack fiend mama" part, but at the SAME TIME paying his respects and showing strong praise.

I love it when artists do things like that instead of just being too black and white with it(too harsh or too nice). I like how Nas always finds the right balance
    BobOblahredhandedbandit
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alphajjc wrote: »

This is exactly what I was talking about in my first post. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. WHat you said is basically what I was saying.

Nas is the type of artist that does not go easy on anyone just because they are related to him, sometimes he may even be harder on his family than a fellow artist. Some people may say that is messed up but like you said the song wasn't negative because he said positive things about her and owned up to his own mistakes for being too easy on her.

I like that about him that he does not sugarcoat things and excuses things that certain family members of his does. Kind of like Pac did in "Dear Mama" with bringing up the "crack fiend mama" part, but at the SAME TIME paying his respects and showing strong praise.

I love it when artists do things like that instead of just being too black and white with it(too harsh or too nice). I like how Nas always finds the right balance

"What I've discovered is my brother's tryin to be
    the next me, yeah I support him but he's blinded I see
    jealousy he love me to death am I buggin I love him for life
    We both still mournin on our mother's, life"
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

"Get My daughter this college plan, so she don't need no man"

Big's Daughter is doing just fine attending College and living her life out. I wish Destiny was doing the same things so NaS didn't have to make this song. Hopefully this is a wake up call for her to turn some things around. I'm sure NaS wished "Me and You" was his only song to Destiny but she forced his hand with those pics. And what does Big's baby Mom got to do with this? You can't help but to hate on Big even when this has nothing to do with him. NaS admitted in this song he could of been a better father and I commend him for looking in the mirror instead of doing a song airing out his daughter.

Now Rapmastermind we both know that if Jan looked like Carmen and Tiyanna looked like Destiny this would be a different story.

I dont hate on B.I.G even tho he released "Who shot ya" after his men shot Tupac in his head and groin.

B.I.G should have warned Pac but he didnt and then there was a domino-effect and they took Tupac from us.
    We loved him and you helped kill him.

please dont attempt to denigrate Nas so you can exalt B.I.G because Biggie was into sodomy while Nas was into substance.

BobOblahbirdcallaveliGucci Scott Kinginfamous114[Deleted User]JDSTAYWITIT.kacee139MorganFreemanKingrapmastermind