Jim Brown calls Trent Richarson "ordinary RB".

2

Replies

  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Running against the steelers,ravens defensive twice a year...we're going to find out the type of running back trent is.
    So ILL
  • Co_Town_MichaelCo_Town_Michael Bruh. TexasPosts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Trent is gonna be just another bum another average starting RB in the league in 3 years.
    Nothing special.
    Chef_Taylor purpngold
  • mr.jamrockmr.jamrock Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    trent my dude but because of where he was drafted he's gonna be a bust. You playing B more and Steelers with no q.b. or o line? nigga that's suicide for him and his career. Browns failed shoulda went blackmon and weeden and drafted a back later on.
    Chef_Taylor
  • d.greend.green Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    niggas love to sh*t on Emmit because he was not flashy.

    Emmit was a beast on every damn level. The only thing he lacked was elite speed.
    Great vision, cutbacks, durability, blocking, catching, balance....he could do it all.

    People act like Emmit was an average player who just happened to do well with the cowboys.
    Check that man's resume from HS to NFL.

    He was rated as the #1 HS player of the last 25 years. He was a beast in college with the Gators but many people didn't see him in college because UF Gators had just come off of a serious probation, as bad as it could get without getting the death penalty.

    So Smith wasnt on TV much and UF had NO PASSING GAME and sucked but in his first start as a true freshman vs Bama he ran for 250yds. He gained 1000yds in 7 games as a frosh. He was UF all-time rusher for the longest until E.Rhett broke it. It took Rhett 4yrs to break what Emmit did in 3.

    Dallas knew what they were doing when they traded up to pick Emmit who slipped to #17th pick in draft. The experts said he was too small and too slow.

    Emmit only lacked top end speed but people crack me up trying to sell Emmit short. Irvin and Aikman will tell you who really was the key to that trio.

    Aikman, Irvin and that OL went 1-15 before Emmit Smith came to Dallas.
    tru_m.a.cpurpngold#1 pick
  • greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    d.green wrote: »
    niggas love to sh*t on Emmit because he was not flashy.

    Emmit was a beast on every damn level. The only thing he lacked was elite speed.
    Great vision, cutbacks, durability, blocking, catching, balance....he could do it all.

    People act like Emmit was an average player who just happened to do well with the cowboys.
    Check that man's resume from HS to NFL.

    He was rated as the #1 HS player of the last 25 years. He was a beast in college with the Gators but many people didn't see him in college because UF Gators had just come off of a serious probation, as bad as it could get without getting the death penalty.

    So Smith wasnt on TV much and UF had NO PASSING GAME and sucked but in his first start as a true freshman vs Bama he ran for 250yds. He gained 1000yds in 7 games as a frosh. He was UF all-time rusher for the longest until E.Rhett broke it. It took Rhett 4yrs to break what Emmit did in 3.

    Dallas knew what they were doing when Ethey traded up to steal Emmit who slipped to #17th pick in draft. They said he was too small.

    Emmit only lacked top end speed but people crack me up trying to sell Emmit short. Irvin and Aikman will tell you who really was the key to that trio.

    Aikman, Irvin and that OL went 1-15 before Emmit Smith came to Dallas.

    All true. Never liked Emmitt myself 'cause of that star on his helmet, but I would never leave him out of my top 5 backs of all time.





  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    d.green wrote: »
    niggas love to sh*t on Emmit because he was not flashy.

    Emmit was a beast on every damn level. The only thing he lacked was elite speed.
    Great vision, cutbacks, durability, blocking, catching, balance....he could do it all.

    People act like Emmit was an average player who just happened to do well with the cowboys.
    Check that man's resume from HS to NFL.

    He was rated as the #1 HS player of the last 25 years. He was a beast in college with the Gators but many people didn't see him in college because UF Gators had just come off of a serious probation, as bad as it could get without getting the death penalty.

    So Smith wasnt on TV much and UF had NO PASSING GAME and sucked but in his first start as a true freshman vs Bama he ran for 250yds. He gained 1000yds in 7 games as a frosh. He was UF all-time rusher for the longest until E.Rhett broke it. It took Rhett 4yrs to break what Emmit did in 3.

    Dallas knew what they were doing when Ethey traded up to steal Emmit who slipped to #17th pick in draft. They said he was too small.

    Emmit only lacked top end speed but people crack me up trying to sell Emmit short. Irvin and Aikman will tell you who really was the key to that trio.

    Aikman, Irvin and that OL went 1-15 before Emmit Smith came to Dallas.

    Spoken like a true cowboys fan.
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt much anything impresses Jim
    Brown...and I'm sure Trent will claim to use it as some sort of motivation.
    Darius
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Holmgren did kick him to the curb. Brown naturally just likes to stir the pot.
    Darius
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    I doubt much anything impresses Jim
    Brown...and I'm sure Trent will claim to use it as some sort of motivation.

    Thats all he can do.
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I guess he's angry to all us happy people. But to Clevelanders, he's just a regular guy
    CoolJoeDariusDaFifthElement
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Brown played in one of the weakest eras....suspect
    Co_Town_MichaelAlpha_Ambition greenwood1921Jdilla26Mister B.DaFifthElement
  • En-Fuego22En-Fuego22 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trent=Marion barber
    greenwood1921purpngold
  • WhoisDonG???WhoisDonG??? Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ I Am Jay Pee you a idoit Jim Brown played when football was football niggas was really trying to fuck u up. NFL is a walk in the park compared to Jim Brown ERA.
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see it with Richardson. Im not saying he going to be a bust. But I never got hype.

    me either I felt the same with ingram
  • d.greend.green Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    I always thought Trent reminded me of Marion Barber III.

    By the way trent richardson went to the same high school as emmit smith in P'cola
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    I doubt much anything impresses Jim
    Brown
    ...and I'm sure Trent will claim to use it as some sort of motivation.

    Was waiting for somebody to point that out. lol.

    That nigga ran out of fucks a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago.


    jim-brown-vert-jgjpg-383039f187a74963.jpg


    ^^^^ Look at this picture and tell me if you can find a fuck.

    Yeah, Jim is usually dead serious and will say whatever's on his mind.


    I don't think Trent is average, dude has great power and playmaking ability for a RB. Dude is like a Mack 10 version of Ingram.

    I wouldn't have traded all of those picks for Trent, but he's far from average IMO
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with jim
  • Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO @ emmit smith not being a legend oh and Jim Brown playing in a weak era lol know ya history.....I disagree with Brown though I think Trent will be very good back Im talking bout Pro Bowl couple of years.....I like Jim Brown loved everything he stood for...but A great former player does not necessarily make a great evaluator
    CottonCitySlimmr.jamrockpurpngold
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Jim Brown didn't play in a weak era?
  • Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define what u mean by weak era and u comparing it to now? and should that diminish everything he has done......
  • Jdilla26Jdilla26 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Brown played @ a time when race was still a big deal. It wasn’t just that opposing players wanted to stop him, they wanted to hurt him. He wasn’t just tackled, he was kicked, bitten, spit upon, and worse while on the bottom of the pile. Opposing players would try to twist his ankle or break his fingers while he was on the ground.

    And what did he do in the midst of all this? Dominate like no one else before or since.

    kacee139greenwood1921
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Jim Brown played in this era he would not be a third down back. He played in a league full of 5'8 white guys. No disrespect to white people, but the league was almost at is weakest. Dude speaks his mind and has his own opinions....thats fine, but He has this arrogance about him that I don't think he deserves......Just because you were indoctrinated to believe he was one of the best doesn't mean he is one of the best. I would bet my precious soul if he played in todays era he would be a "ordinary" running back.
    kacee139fightforolddcPaperPlaneJane
  • ShadyWorldOrderShadyWorldOrder Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Jim Brown played @ a time when race was still a big deal. It wasn’t just that opposing players wanted to stop him, they wanted to hurt him. He wasn’t just tackled, he was kicked, bitten, spit upon, and worse while on the bottom of the pile. Opposing players would try to twist his ankle or break his fingers while he was on the ground.

    And what did he do in the midst of all this? Dominate like no one else before or since.
    Word to Malcolm
    303700_10150267499688144_527928143_7770651_1538929_n.jpg

    kacee139
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares what playeres TRIED to do to him. He played in a weak era plain and simple.....
2
Sign In or Register to comment.