Has anyone seen Cabin In The Woods yet???? 9.5/10

2»

Replies

• KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,439 Regulator

i might go see this tomorrow, been hearing a lot of good things about it, plus i love joss whedon
    silverfoxx
  • VulcanRavenVulcanRaven Rise from the ashes MarylandPosts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    LOL@ Scream being wack, that was a masterpiece and realize it's impact on smashers AND the impact on it's popular spin-off parody movie.

Man Scream was way over hyped.The concept was weak.
    Hip-Hop One(ob)Scene
  • VIBEVIBE Awww Yeeaah! Posts: 40,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol smashers, I meant slashers... Fuckin auto correct
    edited April 2012
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    LOL@ Scream being wack, that was a masterpiece and realize it's impact on smashers AND the impact on it's popular spin-off parody movie.

Scream paid homage to other slashers and had humor, something many slashers didn't. The painting "The Scream" by Edvard Munch also had an impact on the movie. Ghostface was inspired by the painting, so was the name I think. Scream was very different and influenced many other movies. (I Know What You Did Last Summer being one of them) It's original name was going to be "Scary Movie".

Also, Drew Barrymore was supposed to be the lead, not Neve Cambell. Drew wanted to die in the opening scene, people thinking she would be a big part of the movie were given a twist. The ending was also a twist.

Movie was good, it was supposed to embrace the cliche of horror movies as well.
    focusloch121
    220px-The_Scream.jpg

Here's the painted that inspired the character and name.
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ damn I didnt know thats what inspired the ghostface character
    freshb651
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cabin in the Woods was a very ambitious piece that basically tied together every horror movie ever made. That's a stroke of genius right there.
    VIBE
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I got to say, is that the sequence where all hell broke loose was one of the best in any horror movie IMO.
    loch121Amotekun
  • the best 1the best 1 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    All I got to say, is that the sequence where all hell broke loose was one of the best in any horror movie IMO.

I agree that scene is classic... but people are overrating this movie... talking about... "The best horror movie in years"... the movie was not that good.

I totally got what the film makers were trying to do which was... make fun of Horror movies... but at the same time "Pay Homage" to horror movies... while trying to put a interesting story in the mix of it all.

IMO the movie "Scream" did a much better job of that years ago.

If you like horror flicks this movie is definitely worth watching... but it's not this... 10/10... Ground Breaking Horror flick people are making it out to be.
    Mood Indigofocus
  • Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 2,127
    edited May 2012
    It was weird and I enjoyed it but I definitely wouldn't give it a 9.5/10 rating. It wasn't epic. I laughed more than anything. Not sure if that was what they were shooting for. I even laughed at the death scenes especially with the merman. That part had me dying. LOL.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was weird and I enjoyed it but I definitely wouldn't give it a 9.5/10 rating. It wasn't epic. I laughed more than anything. Not sure if that was what they were shooting for. I even laughed at the death scenes especially with the merman. That part had me dying. LOL.

Yeah, they were definitely going for laughter. I think the movie is even described as a horror-comedy.
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »

Scream paid homage to other slashers and had humor, something many slashers didn't. The painting "The Scream" by Edvard Munch also had an impact on the movie. Ghostface was inspired by the painting, so was the name I think. Scream was very different and influenced many other movies. (I Know What You Did Last Summer being one of them) It's original name was going to be "Scary Movie".

Also, Drew Barrymore was supposed to be the lead, not Neve Cambell. Drew wanted to die in the opening scene, people thinking she would be a big part of the movie were given a twist. The ending was also a twist.

Movie was good, it was supposed to embrace the cliche of horror movies as well.

I agree.
    VIBE
  • atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got back from seeing it. i think if you go into it thinking it's a slasher/horror movie (unless you're like 13 years old & are afraid of your own shadow) then you might be a lil disappointed. to me it was more of a thriller with some laughs sprinkled in. none of the "scary" parts were unpredictable. you knew when something was gonna happen. it got a little corny at the very end, but i like the puppeteer aspect to it. that's probly why the ratings are so good cuz no big horror movies, with the exception of scream, have done that.
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 14,359 Regulator
    it was okay, i wouldnt watch it twice tho
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That movie was trash - hard to watch.
2»