Rapping about what you know is that a bad thing?

CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no moreCyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,605 Regulator
edited May 2012 in The Reason
Some rappers rap about drugs, money and women like Jay Z and some rappers rap about political and social ills like Nas. For instance if Jay done a record like Distant Relatives he would get clowned from his main fanbase. If Em made a record about running a corner selling dope would be laughable especially knowing the artist background. My question why is it a bad thing always rapping about what you know or dabbled in your lifetime?

Replies

• Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 46,888 Regulator
    im gon start sniping niggas that make em threads....

847670004f9f5aa359e9a.gif
    SILENT SCOPE
    yeah i rap so don't BK Product
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,605 Regulator
    This by no means an Em thread but I cosign your thoughts on said action.
    im walking on sunshine... WELLLLLL-LL-LL--LLLLL

im walking on sunshine... AND DON'T IT FEEL GOOD!!
  • a_lista_list Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shyt if you do it creatively just rap......my thing is y is everyone expected to rap about the same shyt.....i remember the niggas in paris vs in poorest thread people were acting as if jay and ye couldnt make celebratory tracks like everything has to be conscious....
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

SILENT SCOPE

Where is that from?
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

SILENT SCOPE

Where is that from?

The Proposition

that scene caught me off gaurd when I watched that movie
    yeah i rap so don't Black_Samson
  • Tru_HittaTru_Hitta Posts: 615
    it depends on what you know drake raps about being a simp/trick and people clown him for it even though he openly admitted that as a child he was very emotional (being real with hisself) but gucci raps about selling dope fucking bitchs&killing niggas (also being real with hisself) yet he gets praised for it smh its a total double standard in music basically if your not acting like your the hardest man alive or your in touch with your feelings your not a real man&get bashed for it
    Mr.PlayerBattlezoneTheKillerTruth
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,605 Regulator
    Hitta wrote: »
    it depends on what you know drake raps about being a simp/trick and people clown him for it even though he openly admitted that as a child he was very emotional (being real with hisself) but gucci raps about selling dope fucking bitchs&killing niggas (also being real with hisself) yet he gets praised for it smh its a total double standard in music basically if your not acting like your the hardest man alive or your in touch with your feelings your not a real man&get bashed for it

Good analogy.

nigga you gay.
    Tru_Hitta
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course not

You are the clown who was Mr. Player...why did you create a new account bro?
  • BoldChildBoldChild Born alone, die alone. Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Depends on what they're rapping about.

If a child rapist started rapping about their rape experiences....well yeah, don't think i need to go any further.

Just as many people have a problem with rape, there are also a lot of people who have a problem with drug dealing/thug life.
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't make an attempt after 2 or so albums, then yeah, its a bad thing that you don't make an attempt to improve.
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

why do you keep calling me mr.player for? who is this guy?

I think he got banned and use to call himself a "hitta" and as soon as he stopped, you started. You make the same mistakes in your posts too. You are him, why deny it bro?
    edited May 2012

I think he got banned and use to call himself a "hitta" and as soon as he stopped, you started. You make the same mistakes in your posts too. You are him, why deny it bro?

k to clear this up i know who your talking about his my cousin he introduced me to this site but dont round me in with him also he didnt get banned his actually been on the site today just hasnt posted and hitta or hittas is what we call ourselves its a group thing and what mistakes are you talking about
    Mr.PlayerBattlezoneTheKillerTruth
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Artist/Producer #Hustlin #VegasLights Posts: 16,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »

free boosie.

k to clear this up i know who your talking about his my cousin he introduced me to this site but dont round me in with him also he didnt get banned his actually been on the site today just hasnt posted and hitta or hittas is what we call ourselves its a group thing and what mistakes are you talking about

Makes sense, thanks for clearing that one up, but you need to learn how to spell too.
  • loch121loch121 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most rappers don't rap what they know.They rap what they think will make money or copy the hottest new sound
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    Most rappers don't rap what they know.They rap what they think will make money or copy the hottest new sound

ding ding ding ding ding and let's not act like Nas has always been conscious he just transformed over the years to be able to touch on ignorant shit and some conscious shit.

We do need to back off Jay though. he's the only rapper that really gets killed for what a large majority of the rap game does I mean nobody says anything about Raekwon and Ghostface making the same album over and over and over again.