The Official Boxing Thread

Replies

• playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 53,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    floyd whooping that ass......

everytime floyd fight,....... right up to the night of the fight, people forget how thoroughly good of a boxer floyd is...

they get so caught up in his speed and reflexes, and then start feeling the plight of the opponent..and with a guy like cotto.....it's so easy...so easy to get behind him emotionally...

but floyd is truly a technical virtuoso....any and every flaw in cotto's game will be exploited....

shit might be good for like the first 4 rounds, cuz cotto is a competitor and is going to come out charged up...
    but as nature takes it's course.... floyd's going to systematically beat the dog shit outta miguel...

i love this time....

Cant wait!
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so who wanna bet his wife gets up and leaves with their kids again after seeing how floyd is beating cotto like he caught him sniffin his girlfriends panties
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on 1st take skip showin his bias.... Ali was 6-4 he gonna lie and say 6-2. Then he gonna front like Ray Leonard did make Haglar wait til he got old and started slippin before he fought him smh
  • dc's teflondondc's teflondon Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    on 1st take skip showin his bias.... Ali was 6-4 he gonna lie and say 6-2. Then he gonna front like Ray Leonard did make Haglar wait til he got old and started slippin before he fought him smh

these sports reporters on tv don't know shit about boxing...we could get on tv and drop more knowledge than them..ask anybody at espn not named dan rafael and they will tell you floyd runs when he fights
  • Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy anywhere visa is acceptedPosts: 14,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody havin fight parties for the floyd fight
  • ghost!ghost! to possess, haunt and conquer. Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    "nycest_1 wrote:

these sports reporters on tv don't know shit about boxing...we could get on tv and drop more knowledge than them..ask anybody at espn not named dan rafael and they will tell you floyd runs when he fights

*not against floyd post*

But when Cotto did it vs Margarito, katz in here were claiming he was on his "bike". *shrug shoulders*

edited May 2012
    ghost! wrote: »
    "nycest_1 wrote:

*not against floyd post*

But when Cotto did it vs Margarito, katz in here were claiming he was on his "bike". *shrug shoulders*

different circumstances.....Cotto runs when he gets hurt/tired.. Floyd is a counter puncher who used his athleticism as defense... Cotto is a offensive bully front runner fighter who runs now since he cant take punches
    running is what Kahn did in the Peterson fight... disgraceful
    2stepz_ahead
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 44,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    anybody havin fight parties for the floyd fight

I am
    edited May 2012
    aneed123 wrote: »
    "nycest_1 wrote:

*not against floyd post*

different circumstances.....Cotto runs when he gets hurt/tired.. Floyd is a counter puncher who used his athleticism as defense... Cotto is a offensive bully front runner fighter who runs now since he cant take punches
    running is what Kahn did in the Peterson fight... disgraceful

emm you gotta refresh my memory, what fight are you referring to that Cotto "ran" in? His sec. fight against Margarito, damage was done (to Margarito), it was part of the game plan....he stuck and move....so i see nothing there you speak about?
    IamNumberOne
  • smittysmithsmittysmith Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's referring to the Mosley fight.

*plans to go look back and look at that fight*

i find it funny from posters on here, cotto is a "runner", "he lacks heart"..but outside of this forum..i dont hear none that, or nobody esle seeing him as that way. ..*shrug shoulders*

but will check that Mosley fight again though.
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 53,131 Regulator
    running is when you constantly backing up the second a punch hurts you to keep from getting KO'd....

a lotta fighters clinch and work their way outta those situations, and others get ont heir bike..

they feelt he power of the other fighter, sense the danger, and try to gets the fucks outtaa there...
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

i find it funny from posters on here, cotto is a "runner", "he lacks heart"..but outside of this forum..i dont hear none that, or nobody esle seeing him as that way. ..*shrug shoulders*

im not trying to say we are all experts in this forum...but alot of ppl are not boxing fans or fans of boxing ...they are fans of the athlete

true boxing fans understand the art clinic that floyd puts on...

are true boxing fan knows when punches dont land and doesnt get swayed because the crowd goes crazy over punches landing on the arm

true boxing fans can say their man clearly lost a fight because they love the sport and not the man....they just happen to like the person that mastered their craft

true boxing fans know when someone is running because they are hurt or unable to execute their plan or are just confused an have no plan b.

cotto should have outboxed margo in the first fight...when he couldnt knock him out he was lost

cotto takes too many hits to get in hits....the only fighters that can do that is fighters that wont run when they are getting hit too much.....
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 11,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 11,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 53,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never likened Cotto to a runner. He has fougt to much in his career and is and was a better boxer than he thought and was given credit for but his nature is to straight up brawl.
    pralims wrote: »

im not trying to say we are all experts in this forum...but alot of ppl are not boxing fans or fans of boxing ...they are fans of the athlete

true boxing fans understand the art clinic that floyd puts on...

are true boxing fan knows when punches dont land and doesnt get swayed because the crowd goes crazy over punches landing on the arm

true boxing fans can say their man clearly lost a fight because they love the sport and not the man....they just happen to like the person that mastered their craft

true boxing fans know when someone is running because they are hurt or unable to execute their plan or are just confused an have no plan b.

cotto should have outboxed margo in the first fight...when he couldnt knock him out he was lost

cotto takes too many hits to get in hits....the only fighters that can do that is fighters that wont run when they are getting hit too much.....

well fam, you talking to someone whose watched the sport of boxing since hagler vs sugar ray.

and i know the difference between a boxer "running" to using a footwork and keeping away from his opp., and i definiately know when a boxer lacks heart, like i said i see it on a daily bases. (in the ring)

Cotto is neither; In the first fight against Margarito he was up heading into the 6 round ( i think) again, you can not fault the guy for anything in that fight, since one of them was using illegal hand wraps. I dont mean to beat a dead horse, but you are the only one faulting Cotto for that. He stop fighting in the 11th round. I mean let me take a cast to the side of your head (block as much as you want) and let me know if you can take the punishment.

I'm not claiming anyone here to be or not to be an expert. It's just interesting when floyd fights his opp. the lenghts his fans on here go to pick apart his opp.

yeah i can see many of floyd's opp. in the past, but not Cotto, he's earn all his respect. yeah he takes too many punches, hence why he switched trainers. He was not the same type of fighter in the first fight against Margarito as he was in the sec. he out classed him (again), and "playmaker" is right. Cotto is a brawler, thats in his nature, and in his blood as a latino fighter, its what they do

you can't praise him one min. for being just that, then have issues during times in his fight, if he wants to stay out of the heat..i mean

most boxing fans know. Your suppose to punch and get out, and if you get hurt, you are allowed to grab, or stay away until you get your senses back.

again...i just dont see 1/2 the ish katz on here say about Cotto, outside of this forum. I get Floyd has his fans; so i expect no respect given to his opp. by his fans on here..but good lord, some of you'll acting like Cotto shouldn't even be in the ring with Mayweather.

like come on!

IamNumberOne
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 53,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    niggas gon be surprised this saturday
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Mayweather gonna make a statement and Sugar gonna shock the wooooooooooooord... if he can pull the trigger
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 53,235 Regulator
    MR.CJ wrote: »

SPEAK ON IT
    I'm saying cotto will knock down floyd
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 44,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol stop it
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 9,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuck Peterson. This dude was throwing more headbutts than B-Hop when he fought Khan.
    Mr.ForteR.D.DWO
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Fuck Peterson. This dude was throwing more headbutts than B-Hop when he fought Khan.

man Khan was running around like a chicken on a bike... shit was disgraceful
    dwade206Mr.ForteDWO