Future: Flop or Not??

2»

Replies

• pennyda1pennyda1 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    pennyda1 wrote: »
    blackbloc wrote: »
    not a flop his debut out sold other trap indie rapper debuts . he almost doubled waka 1st week sales , tripled ace hood, out sold yo gotti new album . i say its a success

BUT NOT WALE OR MAC MILLER OR WIZ... TRAP RAPPIN AINT SELLIN

Rick Ross and Jeezy say otherwise

outside of them and gucci anyone else
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    Those are bad numbers no matter how you cut it for a mainstream album.Dude is Rico Wade's cousin.End of story

Walk into a high school/ or on a college campus right now and see if you can walk away with a list of at least 20 kids who know who the hell Rico Wade is

High school and college kids generally don't determine who gets a record deal or promo. They also don't buy the majority of album b/c most of them don't have $.

Gen. Stasia
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it a flop when take into account that nobody buys records, I think some of yall don't understand that
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never heard the song from the kid but dude was the worst cat in his XXL Freshmen cypher dude was garbage.
  • Only ever listened to freebricks with gucci and it was at least ignorant entertainment when annebriated
  • inthacutinthacut Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    i dont think its a flop, my homey keeps arguing sayin it is. but future isnt a big artist and is mostly relegated to the hood and stripclubs. plus its his first real album i think, he did pretty good if u ask me.
    inthacut wrote: »
    i dont think its a flop, my homey keeps arguing sayin it is. but future isnt a big artist and is mostly relegated to the hood and stripclubs. plus its his first real album i think, he did pretty good if u ask me.

How is future not a big artist??? he do songs with Ross, DJ drama, big boi, TI, young jeezy, was on a huge single with racks on racks, got co-signed by tip to b one of the big artist in the A...he flopped if you cant sell 50k in the first week its a flop....
    @pennyda1 future is not a big artist, u must be from atlanta if u think that
    inthacut
  • HafBaykedHafBayked Top of the BootPosts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wouldnt call it a flop.....dude is "rap hustlin".....(i believe) he knows that shit aint gone last long so he gotta be on everybody's shit while he got the buzz....
  • inthacutinthacut Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012

How is future not a big artist??? he do songs with Ross, DJ drama, big boi, TI, young jeezy, was on a huge single with racks on racks, got co-signed by tip to b one of the big artist in the A...he flopped if you cant sell 50k in the first week its a flop....

future had a big buzz, kinda like 2chainz right now.
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackbloc wrote: »
    not a flop his debut out sold other trap indie rapper debuts . he almost doubled waka 1st week sales , tripled ace hood, out sold yo gotti new album . i say its a success

BUT NOT WALE OR MAC MILLER OR WIZ... TRAP RAPPIN AINT SELLIN

Rick Ross and Jeezy say otherwise

outside of them and gucci anyone else
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    Those are bad numbers no matter how you cut it for a mainstream album.Dude is Rico Wade's cousin.End of story

Walk into a high school/ or on a college campus right now and see if you can walk away with a list of at least 20 kids who know who the hell Rico Wade is

High school and college kids generally don't determine who gets a record deal or promo. They also don't buy the majority of album b/c most of them don't have $.

Ok, well go ask some white kids who the hell Rico Wade is then
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭

That's true, plus I think Future is independent. Very few artists in the rap game have the mainstream willing to buy their records now days.

Fat Joe's singles are always usually big and you see he can't sell albums even with a smash single.

You have to be in that elite class (popularity-wise) to even sell over 100K in the first week. I don't care for Future's music, but I don't think selling 48K in the first week is a flop for him.
    @pennyda1 future is not a big artist, u must be from atlanta if u think that

nah im in florida...i agree future isnt a big artist thats because he suck... but he did have a buzz he flopped
  • tab58064tab58064 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    how is anybody being pushed onto you?
    i hate when niggas say that
    if you don't like some shit, don't fuckin listen
    xm radio, ipods, auxillary ports, and telephones make it so easy to listen to what you want
    how can anything be pushed on you?
    I agree with you both. The fact is that some artists get way more burn than they should because of who they are associated with, promotion, who they know at radio stations, tv, etc., and good ole grinding. With that said, I see your point too. There are so many ways to listen to different artists, but on the other side of that having regular radio play only a handful of artists who aren't even that good all day is bullshit. If you listen to radio it does seem like they in a round-about way force-feed the listeners the artists that they want you to hear. You have to understand that there are still a lot of people out here who can't afford some of the electronics/services that you mentioned so the radio is what they have.

• Gen. StasiaGen. Stasia Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he's independent? No. If he's not? Uh Ya! He's "Buzzin' even tho i never heard of anybody play his Music except Magic.
  • damayor187damayor187 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    This goes to show you that unless you make good music that stands out you will be getting show money basically....People didnt buy it because like most music he didnt have a good cd in its entirely. Most people bought the singles and kept it moving. All I hear from these females on fb and young niggaz is future this future that but only 58,000 cds?
  • Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Toyota/Lexus Enthusiast Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sold more than Yo Gotti...
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nigga it's 2012, don't nobody know Rico Wade but us.
  • $tayRichROLLIN$tayRichROLLIN King among kings Home away from homePosts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homie has club singles..... I thought he was going to do a 100k. Bitches n strippers luv dat nicca! But he's a fish outta water!! Flopper
    AggyAF
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didnt reach the mass, but did yall expect him too? He is a trap rapper on autotune.

He might think its a flop, because i remember him talking bout he makes "arena music". Realistically though that is not bad for a person that a majority of people think suck.

I just hope he didnt sign a 360 or anything, cuz i know they cranked up the budget for this wack ass niggas promo lol
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    He's signed to Epic. Are they indie or a major?

Nevermind, Major.

On another note: how do you have organized noize produce a song on your album and it ends up being the shortest one and not even a song?

smh future
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti32DaysOfInfiniti Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's signed to Epic. Are they indie or a major?

Nevermind, Major.

On another note: how do you have organized noize produce a song on your album and it ends up being the shortest one and not even a song?

smh future

Cuz they knew itd be a waste
    Homie has club singles..... I thought he was going to do a 100k. Bitches n strippers luv dat nicca! But he's a fish outta water!! Flopper

lol smh
2»