Has KanYe West Fallen Off Musically ?

Replies

• rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 15,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So he's a producer in a "traditional" sense now huh?

Does dude play any instruments at all or can he read music notes?

The likes of RZA, Madlib, Just Blaze, Swizz Beatz, DJ Premier are very much still hands on with their craft

Miss me with that bs
  • bkkbullybkkbully Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    So he's a producer in a "traditional" sense now huh?

Does dude play any instruments at all or can he read music notes?

The likes of RZA, Madlib, Just Blaze, Swizz Beatz, DJ Premier are very much still hands on with their craft

Miss me with that bs

And? That's dope that they do, still doesn't take anything away from what Ye does. One of the world's greatest composers Hector Berlioz couldn't play any instruments well but composed some of the greatest classical music. Just cause he couldn't get down like Beethoven on the piano the nigga isn't up to par?? son
    Already Home_17Garv*
  • Tru_HittaTru_Hitta Posts: 615
    i just listened to mercy man that shit was insane everybody on g.o.o.d music snappin
    LOL

If I'm correct, the last solo produced work of his was the song 'Otis'

He has Mike Dean, No ID, HitBoy and Jeff Bhasker as his producers now ..

Right or wrong?
    Your right, for his non solo work. Watch The Throne was a collab album. The latest tracks Mercy & Theraflu are for the G.O.O.D. Music compilation. He's co producer on most of these tracks, he credits them as they should be credited. He's putting the team on. You think Ye won't get down when it comes to his new solo joint??
    Oh and when's that Rebirth of Detroit dropping btw?
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's been on a steady decline since Graduation with tracks like Drunken Hot Girls and that ode to Jay-Z love song with Coldplay. 808s was just sad but he's been turning it around somewhat with the last few efforts. without a doubt though Late Registration was his creative and artistic peak.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite simply yes
    rip.dilla
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 27,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rip.dilla u don't know what "traditional producing" is, do you?
    Garv*
  • Garv*Garv* Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    @BJM I do very much know ..

Its just that, say if HitBoy produces a song for 'Ye, I view it as a HitBoy production not 'Ye's no matter the tinkering

Just Blaze for instance on 'Lord Knows' conducted a choir, programmed the drum patterns and I believe played the 'keys ..

^ is that not 'traditonal' enough?
  • Mr.LVMr.LV Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanye west "falling off" is still better than a lot of these new rappers "come up".
    bkkbullyAlready Home_17idoitforhiphop10
  • choppa_stylechoppa_style Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    You'all should get your facts straight before making threads like this.

'Ye had just as many if not more features on CD and LR than Graduation and MBDTF. In fact Graduation only had one guest rapper on it.

And the only that Kanye actually produced himself was CD. The rest were all co-produced by him.

Graduation had 2. Wayne and mos def

Mos didn't rap.
  • AggyAFAggyAF Y pree Worl boss fi wiPosts: 27,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter how u view it, producers don't have to touch any keys to be considered producersm u think Rick Rubin and Quincy Jones are in the studio playing every instrument?
    bkkbullyidoitforhiphop10
    @BJM I do very much know ..

Its just that, say if HitBoy produces a song for 'Ye, I view it as a HitBoy production not 'Ye's no matter the tinkering

Just Blaze for instance on 'Lord Knows' conducted a choir, programmed the drum patterns and I believe played the 'keys ..

^ is that not 'traditonal' enough?

You should view it as a HitBoy production, because it's credited as such. If it says Co-Produced by Ye then it is. Who knows what the beat sounded like before Ye got a hold of it, therefore the co-production part.

'Ye did the same with Jesus walks, programmed the drums and got in a choir as well.
    I'm not talking of his earlier days though

I'm talking of now
  • bigrizzbigrizz Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭
    His last solo album swept the grammys.. And WTT had some heat....he hasnt put out an album since...so we are nitpicking over a few tracks from a compilation album? Ya'll are reachin....
    LOL

The Grammys though?
    @BJM to answer your question further, go and do some research on a Jazz band called Yesterday's New Quintet ..
  • bigrizzbigrizz Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭
    LOL

The Grammys though?

Well im sure being recognized by your peers isnt "falling off" he didnt fall into obscurity...he just got on some tracks another nigga produced
    @BJM to answer your question further, go and do some research on a Jazz band called Yesterday's New Quintet ..

Madlib is a G
    rip.dilla
    I'm not talking of his earlier days though

I'm talking of now

But what difference does it make? He still did it like Blaze did it, so what's the deal?
    YNQ is the exception. Madlib is an alien. Not everyone gets down like he does obviously
    rip.dilla