The Avengers Movie Discussion *SPOILERS*

Replies

• fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 12,361 Regulator
    eyes low wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Spoiler:

not gonna happen sony has the film rights to sp

They can new a joint production. You know how much money that will make. Show these film studios the $ and they will do anything

sony knows that sp is a sole cash cow thus the wouldnt do a threeway production deal
    CitySojourner
  • CitySojournerCitySojourner Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Spoiler:

They can new a joint production. You know how much money that will make. Show these film studios the $ and they will do anything

sony knows that sp is a sole cash cow thus the wouldnt do a threeway production deal

yeah even if this new one bombs, which it won't, I can't see Sony letting Marvel get anywhere near the spiderman films.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 24,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheBossmanTheBossman Fly Eagles Fly Mulfucka! Posts: 14,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Fuck you boss man. Jealousy enrages me to hulk status.
    Lou_CypherThe-JerkPhillyReese215
  • vageneral08vageneral08 Fuck how ya feel Posts: 16,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to holla at my homeyboy and see if he got a clear copy for the low
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't No Need Hype. Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    The Avengers' Half-Billion Haul
    Marvel epic poised to exceed $500 mln globally this weekend.
    May 1, 2012

by Max Nicholson

After last weekend's record-breaking box office numbers overseas, Marvel's The Avengers is now anticipated to exceed $500 million globally by Sunday.

Joss Whedon's tentpole, which only debuted internationally late last week, has already raked in a whopping $218 million in its first six days. As we noted yesterday, the film shattered numerous box office records including biggest opening weekend for a superhero movie in the U.K. and the biggest opening ever for Latin American markets, including Mexico and Brazil. At this rate, The Avengers is likely to gross $350-400 million by Sunday, boosted by its premiere in China and Russia this weekend.

The 3D film will open at midnight Thursday in North America, where it's expected to open upwards of $150 million, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Based on preliminary tracking, some box office observers estimate the movie will finish the weekend with a global gross north of $500 million, if not closer to $600 million.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    The Avengers' Half-Billion Haul
    Marvel epic poised to exceed $500 mln globally this weekend.
    May 1, 2012

by Max Nicholson

After last weekend's record-breaking box office numbers overseas, Marvel's The Avengers is now anticipated to exceed $500 million globally by Sunday.

Joss Whedon's tentpole, which only debuted internationally late last week, has already raked in a whopping $218 million in its first six days. As we noted yesterday, the film shattered numerous box office records including biggest opening weekend for a superhero movie in the U.K. and the biggest opening ever for Latin American markets, including Mexico and Brazil. At this rate, The Avengers is likely to gross $350-400 million by Sunday, boosted by its premiere in China and Russia this weekend.

The 3D film will open at midnight Thursday in North America, where it's expected to open upwards of $150 million, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Based on preliminary tracking, some box office observers estimate the movie will finish the weekend with a global gross north of $500 million, if not closer to $600 million.

This is a really good look for the genre....it proves that if you take these movies seriously and make them your tentpole you will kill it at the box office. Dark Knight Returns will also be a monster at the box office based on the early screenings. The sequel is going to be epic.
    focus
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 14,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was aight, too many people gassing it up though. The action scenes were good but- with the exception of a couple of moments-they were lacking creativity. Also the movie tried too hard to be funny and alot of those jokes fell flat, some funny moments, but more lame jokes than good ones. I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but there's this part at the end with hulk that was piff and hilarious at the same time, best part of the movie for me.

I never let hype alter my opinion of films when they come out but alot of people don't have that ability; so aside from me, you probably won't hear anything bad about this film until it's been out for awhile. It's the same shit I had to go through with spider-man 3, Iron man 2 and Captain America. Friends or people at work kept telling me how great those films were when they first came out and I was the only one criticizing them for being disappointing. Took several months before people I knew admitted that those films weren't as good as they initially thought. Sometimes people are so desperate for something to be good, it alters there view of how good it really is, and I have a strong feeling this is one of those films.

Now i'm not saying Avengers isn't good, but people keep gassing it up to be something that it didn't really live up to, at least for me. It's flawed and nowhere near the best superhero movie, like some people have been saying on other sites. It's a good action summer flick- 7.0 out of 10. Some might disagree, but it's just my honest opinion.

lol @ saying you never let hype influence your opinion and then going on to bash the film for not living up to the hype. If you're knocking the film for not living up to the hype, then the hype is influencing your opinion.
    CitySojournerrageMorganFreemanKing
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaand once again the IC fanboys find yet another thing to gripe about a FREAKIN AWESOME MOVIE!!!

Until Spiderman and Batman comes out, the Avengers got the Summer 2012 Blockbuster title.,
    ex-soldier
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got back from seeing it
    this.movie.is.fucking.incredible.
    major pain
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got back from seeing it
    this.movie.is.fucking.incredible.

X__________
    Already Home_17
    edited May 2012
    It was aight, too many people gassing it up though. The action scenes were good but- with the exception of a couple of moments-they were lacking creativity. Also the movie tried too hard to be funny and alot of those jokes fell flat, some funny moments, but more lame jokes than good ones. I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but there's this part at the end with hulk that was piff and hilarious at the same time, best part of the movie for me.

I never let hype alter my opinion of films when they come out but alot of people don't have that ability; so aside from me, you probably won't hear anything bad about this film until it's been out for awhile. It's the same shit I had to go through with spider-man 3, Iron man 2 and Captain America. Friends or people at work kept telling me how great those films were when they first came out and I was the only one criticizing them for being disappointing. Took several months before people I knew admitted that those films weren't as good as they initially thought. Sometimes people are so desperate for something to be good, it alters there view of how good it really is, and I have a strong feeling this is one of those films.

Now i'm not saying Avengers isn't good, but people keep gassing it up to be something that it didn't really live up to, at least for me. It's flawed and nowhere near the best superhero movie, like some people have been saying on other sites. It's a good action summer flick- 7.0 out of 10. Some might disagree, but it's just my honest opinion.

lol @ saying you never let hype influence your opinion and then going on to bash the film for not living up to the hype. If you're knocking the film for not living up to the hype, then the hype is influencing your opinion.

After seeing the movie then coming on here and a few other sites and reading that it's the best comic book film of all time and better than the dark knight I decided to voice my opinion. My rating would have been the same whether or not this movie was hyped up, so it didn't have an influence.

I like what this movie represents in terms of bringing different comic book properties into one film, but it fell short of the expectations I had for it, nothing to do with hype or sheep like mentality though. Now i'm not trying to be didactic or claim anyone that enjoys this film is a sheep, but I think the hype is influencing alot of hyperbole in the reviews. I still haven't heard anyone mention that Black Widow tries to kill the aliens using a handgun, or that the trailers showed way too much from the film including a pivotal scene in the end, etc. But I don't expect to because everyone's still caught up in the hype and rather oversell this shit like they have their life savings invested in this film. I tried to be a bit more balanced with mine and give the positive and negative, which I haven't seen too much of in user reviews.

Claiming Dark Knight Rises has alot to live up to, or this is the best action film of all time, or 10/10- GTFOH with that bullshit. PEACE NIGGA!

rage(ob)Scenedontdiedontkillanyonyeah i rap so don't ex-soldier
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Phat Bootyologist Posts: 36,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^really bruh? It's not that serious. I swear y'all niggas need to just a enjoy a movie, and quit knick pickin at every detail. Or quit gettin mad b/c type studios didn't make the movie according to the way YOU wanted it.
    VulcanRavenKing_Meex-soldier
    darkone360 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^really bruh? It's not that serious. I swear y'all niggas need to just a enjoy a movie, and quit knick pickin at every detail. Or quit gettin mad b/c type studios didn't make the movie according to the way YOU wanted it.

ok

• CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've heard too many (or anyone, actually) say its the GOAT film, or that its the best action film since whatever else...IMO, its a great film because it knows what its audience wants...Then gives it to them...You need to think, there are 6 heroes in the movie (7, if Fury is included) all with their own history and characters...To get them all into a single movie, without it seeming like the unorganised jumble that was X3 was a feat of its own...

@CitySOjourner, I kno' how you feel..I studied cinema for a year too...Sometimes you've just gotta judge something by what it is...

DK > First Class/Spiderman 2 > Avengers/Blade
    yeah i rap so don't ex-soldier
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • FroHawkeFroHawke Posts: 1,115
    Fuck I need to see this shit. Y'all makin me fuck up my budget plan for the weekend.
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Nigga city need to calm his ass down, it was very good money not goat not average...above good . The problem was the chantairi ill spell it right later were underhwhelming...the skrulls could of been better. With that said on the marvel board people think tchalla will make next film because the red skull returns and he could help develop cap more. Wont know until caps second movie next summer. Ant man and pym are the only 2 along with bp who need to show up. I heard ant man is out because of limitations on how to do him. Also i miss nortons banner....this new dude was an ok banner
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also cant wait till marvel gets the right to the x-men back from fox, then they can do the x-men properly. Every movie they have done themshelves has been a blockbuster but everyone another studio had done has underwhelmed or flopped(Ghostrider, FF4, X-Men, Spidey almost)
  • DrMindbender122DrMindbender122 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing this shit in 3D on SM Imax screen tomorrow night.
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avengers was trill. It has storyline though. This is not Expendables where some mugs get together and just fuck shit up. All of the character's stay true to the lead-in story lines. Ruffalo shut shit down as Hulk. Completely forgot about Ed Norton. You know these characters. Stark and Banner carry the movie in the dialog sequences (simply because they are the two best actors). Hemsworth holds his own and Cap comes along valiantly in dialogue sequences. Thor and Cap have excellent fight sequences. Thor is just unfuckwithable (in my opinion) Loki was a good villian. He is not a dominant scrapper. He is tactful in combat and he is strong when it comes to dialogue. Iron man is that guy. Thor is the God in Marvel, HULK just bodies shit. No one can fuck with him. Fuck what you have read in comics or what you believe from your opinion or wiki pages. No one in the Marvel Universe can fuck with Hulk except Thor, Sentry, One-above-all, galactacus, eternity, and thanos.

Movies great. Looking forward to them figuring out how to incorporate more heroes and their rivalries. Loved the Hulk-THor beef erupting. Ever since that Lightning scene in the Hulk movie I have been waiting for it. Black Panther, Sentry, Ant-Man, Wasp, Spidey, Wolvie...get it popping. Then Let's have Justice League vs. the Avengers movie come to fruiting then start that bitch back over. Come on movie studios please make this happen. Avenger's is a great first step.
    Already Home_17ex-soldier
  • evoljeanyesevoljeanyes Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at family saying X-2 and Spidey are better movies than Avengers. Tragic
    VulcanRavenAlready Home_17yeah i rap so don't